Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamie Carragher sacked by sky 07:31 - Mar 12 with 16797 viewsHayesender

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43366954?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_

Well not yet, but he surely will be

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 10:23 - Mar 14 with 1568 viewsngbqpr

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 12:31 - Mar 13 by paulparker

what a wonderful company Sky are , talking about the opposite sex is a sackable offence but drink driving( jim white, kirsty Gallagher) and spitting at kids (carragher) seem to be minor offences

Totally agree about Sky's inconsistency PP.

But I think Keys & Gray got everything they deserved....it wasn't just 'talking about the opposite sex' was it?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 11:10 - Mar 14 with 1500 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 02:20 - Mar 14 by timcocking

Yes, i think he was being a good father as far as we could tell. He's out driving on the weekend with his daughter. He didn't shout, he didn't swear, even after the incident, and he isn't pressing charges. He did nothing whatsoever close to wrong in my eyes, apart from assuming a person he's seen for decades is somebody he can have a little friendly banter with. Did you actually watch the clip? Zero aggression.

For that, Jamie Carragher spat on his daughter, and the guy basically laughed it off. I'd have probably crashed chasing after him and if i'd have caught him, he'd be a fcuking dead man.

Antii, it's worse than assault, he should go to prison or better still get a beating. I really don't think you should be bothering with this. It's like defending JT or Adam Johnson. Just don't bother mate. I'm sure you wouldn't have done that, so to try to blame that poor guy is awful.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 2:28]

I. Am. Not. Defending. Carragher.

For the last time, because this is really boring: You. Have. Not. Seen. The. Whole. Incident. You have seen the clip that he and the Mirror chose to release. The very last bit of it. So you do not know how he acted, what he did previously, or what Carragher was reacting to. And you're right - he laughed it off - didn't even ask if his daughter was ok. Do you not find it odd that his reaction wasn't:
'What? That's disgusting? Are you ok?'
It was: 'Ohh, Jamie Carragher's spat on me daughter.' He sounded pleased! Because he knew this meant money. Your reaction to commit murder - actually, incredibly, makes a bit more sense to me! His reaction is unreal considering, in your own words, that spitting is 'worse than assault'.

How can you say he did nothing wrong when the police are investigating him for driving while using a phone? More than a quarter of all crashes in the States are caused by people using phones while driving. Using phones while driving is seen as the biggest threat to drivers. What if he had crashed because he was using his phone and taunting Carragher, and injured his daughter? Tell me again how he's done nothing wrong. Tell me again that the way he acted in front of a child was fine.

To be absolutely, 100% clear: I am not trying to absolve Carragher, nor am I defending him - show me where I have and I'll accept it - you're reading one thing, but projecting something else. Show me also where I've said that the Dad acted worse - I haven't, and this isn't about which is 'worse'. There was no excuse for what Carragher did. He should be punished. Spitting is horrible (it's really not worse than assault though, mate, come on. If I had to choose whether to be klicked in the face or be gobbed on, I'll take the gob every time, thanks). He lost his mind. But I also think the dad acted poorly. I wouldn't do something like that in front of my kid. The girl sounds meek and embarrassed on that video. She's not shouting anything, she's not joining in. I really feel for her being stuck in the middle of her Dad's 'bantz' and Carragher's fury. If my dad had done what her dad was doing when we had driven back from a game when I was a kid, I'd have been mortified.

But don't tell me I'm defending Carragher - I can't, because it was indefensible. It seems a long time ago now, but my original post was about this: the clip does not show the full story; I'm not sure it does anyone any favours constantly demanding that people are fired (although I'm not saying he shouldn't be); the father was driving while using a phone, which is dangerous and put his daughter needlessly at risk; driving along taunting somebody is not the most grown up thing in the world to do in front of a child. That's it.

Bare bones.

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 11:11 - Mar 14 with 1494 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 10:08 - Mar 14 by paulparker

if I saw Terry in his car today, tomorrow and the following week I would be definitely giving him the 3-1 hand score plus a gareth Hunt nescafe wave

yeah, all right. You got me ;)
Bloody Terry. Can't even rely on him to win a game so i can keep the bloody moral high ground.
;)

Bare bones.

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 22:18 - Mar 14 with 1370 viewsdaveB

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 11:10 - Mar 14 by Antti_Heinola

I. Am. Not. Defending. Carragher.

For the last time, because this is really boring: You. Have. Not. Seen. The. Whole. Incident. You have seen the clip that he and the Mirror chose to release. The very last bit of it. So you do not know how he acted, what he did previously, or what Carragher was reacting to. And you're right - he laughed it off - didn't even ask if his daughter was ok. Do you not find it odd that his reaction wasn't:
'What? That's disgusting? Are you ok?'
It was: 'Ohh, Jamie Carragher's spat on me daughter.' He sounded pleased! Because he knew this meant money. Your reaction to commit murder - actually, incredibly, makes a bit more sense to me! His reaction is unreal considering, in your own words, that spitting is 'worse than assault'.

How can you say he did nothing wrong when the police are investigating him for driving while using a phone? More than a quarter of all crashes in the States are caused by people using phones while driving. Using phones while driving is seen as the biggest threat to drivers. What if he had crashed because he was using his phone and taunting Carragher, and injured his daughter? Tell me again how he's done nothing wrong. Tell me again that the way he acted in front of a child was fine.

To be absolutely, 100% clear: I am not trying to absolve Carragher, nor am I defending him - show me where I have and I'll accept it - you're reading one thing, but projecting something else. Show me also where I've said that the Dad acted worse - I haven't, and this isn't about which is 'worse'. There was no excuse for what Carragher did. He should be punished. Spitting is horrible (it's really not worse than assault though, mate, come on. If I had to choose whether to be klicked in the face or be gobbed on, I'll take the gob every time, thanks). He lost his mind. But I also think the dad acted poorly. I wouldn't do something like that in front of my kid. The girl sounds meek and embarrassed on that video. She's not shouting anything, she's not joining in. I really feel for her being stuck in the middle of her Dad's 'bantz' and Carragher's fury. If my dad had done what her dad was doing when we had driven back from a game when I was a kid, I'd have been mortified.

But don't tell me I'm defending Carragher - I can't, because it was indefensible. It seems a long time ago now, but my original post was about this: the clip does not show the full story; I'm not sure it does anyone any favours constantly demanding that people are fired (although I'm not saying he shouldn't be); the father was driving while using a phone, which is dangerous and put his daughter needlessly at risk; driving along taunting somebody is not the most grown up thing in the world to do in front of a child. That's it.

when you read the Dads side of the story he comes across as less of a prat, quit his job to become a full time carer for his wife but now getting death threats because he didn't lose his shit when his daughter was spat at
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024