Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamie Carragher sacked by sky 07:31 - Mar 12 with 16798 viewsHayesender

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43366954?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_

Well not yet, but he surely will be

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 07:23 - Mar 13 with 2735 viewsGroveR

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 11:59 - Mar 12 by Toast_R

I think youre situation was far worse then Carragher's. I'd have been throughly f*cked off with that circumstance too but you apologised and felt genuine remorse. Carragher can just ignore the situation completey, drive away do whatever to avoid it. To wind his car window down and spit is on a whole different level. Awful. I'm sure as QPR fans we've all been goaded at some point be it at school or as adults going about our business. I once was inflating my tyres at a petrol station when some bloke walked passed and commented after seeing my QPR window sticker "QPR eh? I bet you're used to things going down" I thought it was quite witty, not in a million years would it have crossed my mind to have contemplated spitting at him. Carragher's obligatory celebrity apology on Twitter is pathetic. Only sorry he's been caught doing it.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 12:00]

I'd have stuck the hose up his aŕse, inflated him to 200psi and bent the cùnt into a balloon sausage dog but i grew up in grove and our tempers are short around here.
Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 09:36 - Mar 13 with 2591 viewsqprphil

I detest seeing people spitting, it should be banned in any public area, ( maybe it is ) it is just disgusting. Grown ups are supposed to set standards, you now have young kids spitting all the time when they play football. Golfers do it as well, probably most sportsman do it. As far as I'm concerned, throw the book at him, and book any players seen spitting on the pitch, it didn't happen in the 50s, 60s etc, so why now.?
Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 09:48 - Mar 13 with 2568 views2Thomas2Bowles

He has launched a new campaign called

Spit it out

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 11:21 - Mar 13 with 2494 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 02:54 - Mar 13 by timcocking

Absolute shithouse of a father? For what he did there? I cant believe you have the temerity to say that.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 3:31]

Why? Do you think he's showing a good example to a young person in how he's acted? In what way?
Carra far worse, by the way, I'm not defending him here.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 11:25]

Bare bones.

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 12:15 - Mar 13 with 2439 viewsloftboy

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 09:36 - Mar 13 by qprphil

I detest seeing people spitting, it should be banned in any public area, ( maybe it is ) it is just disgusting. Grown ups are supposed to set standards, you now have young kids spitting all the time when they play football. Golfers do it as well, probably most sportsman do it. As far as I'm concerned, throw the book at him, and book any players seen spitting on the pitch, it didn't happen in the 50s, 60s etc, so why now.?

Try walking down the Barking road between Upton Park and eastham, it’s disgusting, huge snort then flob I the pavement, just glad I had my TB jab done at school, I normally say “disgusting Bastard” or similar but generally get ignored.
The Borough of Newham is the TB capital of Europe apparently and spitting is the reason why.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 12:17 - Mar 13 with 2437 viewshopphoops

I'm not a David Squires fanboy, but today's is worth the look for the Carragher - West Ham carnage link.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2018/mar/13/david-squires-on

The mascot being shot up was not the one he designed when we worked at WHU, which famously could look up and down at the same time (like Princess Di in that interview) during a minute's silence:

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 12:28 - Mar 13 with 2412 viewsLunarJetman

Sky never sacked Kirsty Gallacher after she was caught drink driving so if they sack Carragher for spitting it would seem a bit unfair...
Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 12:31 - Mar 13 with 2398 viewspaulparker

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 12:28 - Mar 13 by LunarJetman

Sky never sacked Kirsty Gallacher after she was caught drink driving so if they sack Carragher for spitting it would seem a bit unfair...

what a wonderful company Sky are , talking about the opposite sex is a sackable offence but drink driving( jim white, kirsty Gallagher) and spitting at kids (carragher) seem to be minor offences

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 13:02 - Mar 13 with 2331 viewsTGRRRSSS

Not sure what happened re Jim White but in the Kirsty Gallagher case how many people have drunk the morning after thinking they are ok?
Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 14:27 - Mar 13 with 2247 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 14:28]
Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 14:43 - Mar 13 with 2216 viewsdaveB

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 11:21 - Mar 13 by Antti_Heinola

Why? Do you think he's showing a good example to a young person in how he's acted? In what way?

think we can all agree the Dad was a bit of a prat but pretty sure everyone on here has walked away from a QPR game at some stage in their life and got stick from oppositon fans, some would react by fighting, others by shouting back others would walk away. All of them have ramifications but to respond to it by winding a window down, driving closer to another car with your eyes off the road and then spitting at them is indefensible. We all walked away from cardiff in the playoff final under real provocation, not sure many of reacted like Carragher did though in far more intimidating circumstances

I find it staggering so many people are more upset about the Dad being a a bad example or using a phone, what Carragher did was absolutely disgusting
Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 15:16 - Mar 13 with 2168 viewspaulparker

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 14:43 - Mar 13 by daveB

think we can all agree the Dad was a bit of a prat but pretty sure everyone on here has walked away from a QPR game at some stage in their life and got stick from oppositon fans, some would react by fighting, others by shouting back others would walk away. All of them have ramifications but to respond to it by winding a window down, driving closer to another car with your eyes off the road and then spitting at them is indefensible. We all walked away from cardiff in the playoff final under real provocation, not sure many of reacted like Carragher did though in far more intimidating circumstances

I find it staggering so many people are more upset about the Dad being a a bad example or using a phone, what Carragher did was absolutely disgusting

Well said Dave B
Giving someone the old 2-1 hand signal hardly deserves the vitriol the Dad is getting
imagine if most of us saw john terry at the lights and gave him stick

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 16:20 - Mar 13 with 2114 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 14:43 - Mar 13 by daveB

No one's more upset Dave. I tried really, really hard to say in every post that what Carragher did was worse. But as I said in my first post, none of us actually knows exactly what was done or what was said during the entire confrontation other than in the few seconds we've seen. As I said, none of that excuses what Carragher did and no one has said it's not disgusting. My point was that there's a lot of righteous anger about Carragher, but firstly, no one knows the full story (still, no excuses for spitting, which as we all know is about akin to GBH these days) and secondly no one seemed to be saying anything at all about the dad, who is driving around filming celebs on his phone. Just wonder why that's the only bit of footage released? Is it because he just pressed record then? That was lucky. Or is it because his daughter was telling him to stop it and to stop being so embarrassing? Maybe, maybe not - the point is - no one knows.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 16:32]

Bare bones.

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 16:25 - Mar 13 with 2108 views2Thomas2Bowles

Has he been spat out yet?

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 16:35 - Mar 13 with 2100 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 15:16 - Mar 13 by paulparker

Well said Dave B
Giving someone the old 2-1 hand signal hardly deserves the vitriol the Dad is getting

I'd probably mind my own business like a normal adult person, paul. Why, what would you do? Make the Nescafe sign? Stick your fingers up? Get out and go and give him a clout?

Bare bones.

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 17:40 - Mar 13 with 2025 views2Thomas2Bowles

Old Bill speaking to him and the driver
Fined, points and maybe a ban
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 17:49]

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 17:55 - Mar 13 with 1984 viewsJuzzie

Tthere just seems to be some many things wrong in all of this.

- Dad giving it the big 'un in front of his 14 year old daughter (wow, wish I had a Dad like you)
- using his phone while driving, illegal and deserved of any fine, points, ban.
- being stupid enough to actually publicise it knowing full well it's illegal. Or are people just that dense?
- then of course Carragher reacting, driving close to another car to wind down window and gob out. All actions that could cause an accident as well as being utterly disgusting
- Reporter banging on with question after question to Carragher at (what looks like) an airport and going on about "I have to ask you know". Fk off mate, it's a public place not a pre-arranged interview and that doesn't give you the right to hassle people.

What a world we live in.
Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 18:04 - Mar 13 with 1959 viewspaesanu

Spitting in public does my head in.

Without stereotyping too much, worst offenders just seems to be lads on construction sites walking to the sandwich shop or the corner shop during their break.... gobbing on the pavement in front of them as they walk.

If you have to spit, do it by the side, by a drain, by a tree - not in the middle of the fcking pavement you fcking prck.

See it a lot walking to and from Loftus Road too, fck off why should everyone have your phlegm on their shoe soles.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 18:21 - Mar 13 with 1931 viewsSnipper

They reckon that the Carragher spitting incident is fake news. Apparently the Man Utd fan didn't have a London accent.
Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 18:23 - Mar 13 with 1927 viewsJuzzie

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 18:04 - Mar 13 by paesanu

Spitting in public does my head in.

Without stereotyping too much, worst offenders just seems to be lads on construction sites walking to the sandwich shop or the corner shop during their break.... gobbing on the pavement in front of them as they walk.

If you have to spit, do it by the side, by a drain, by a tree - not in the middle of the fcking pavement you fcking prck.

See it a lot walking to and from Loftus Road too, fck off why should everyone have your phlegm on their shoe soles.

Exactly, how difficult is it to just do it down the gutter.

Unfortunatley it's a big cultural thing too and so much so that my boy had to have a compulsory TB jab at around 12-18 months old due to our fairly close proximity to Heathrow as there's been a rise in TB in the areas around the airport in recent years.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 18:24]
Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 18:37 - Mar 13 with 1900 viewsjohncharles

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 15:16 - Mar 13 by paulparker

Well said Dave B

Not with my child in the car

Strong and stable my arse.

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 19:24 - Mar 13 with 1831 viewsFredManRave

You'd certainly think twice about accepting an invitation to his house for a Roast...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 02:20 - Mar 14 with 1656 viewstimcocking

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 11:21 - Mar 13 by Antti_Heinola

Yes, i think he was being a good father as far as we could tell. He's out driving on the weekend with his daughter. He didn't shout, he didn't swear, even after the incident, and he isn't pressing charges. He did nothing whatsoever close to wrong in my eyes, apart from assuming a person he's seen for decades is somebody he can have a little friendly banter with. Did you actually watch the clip? Zero aggression.

For that, Jamie Carragher spat on his daughter, and the guy basically laughed it off. I'd have probably crashed chasing after him and if i'd have caught him, he'd be a fcuking dead man.

Antii, it's worse than assault, he should go to prison or better still get a beating. I really don't think you should be bothering with this. It's like defending JT or Adam Johnson. Just don't bother mate. I'm sure you wouldn't have done that, so to try to blame that poor guy is awful.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 2:28]
Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 10:08 - Mar 14 with 1506 viewspaulparker

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 16:35 - Mar 13 by Antti_Heinola

I'd probably mind my own business like a normal adult person, paul. Why, what would you do? Make the Nescafe sign? Stick your fingers up? Get out and go and give him a clout?

if I saw Terry in his car today, tomorrow and the following week I would be definitely giving him the 3-1 hand score plus a gareth Hunt nescafe wave

Jamie Carragher sacked by sky on 10:13 - Mar 14 with 1483 viewsLunarJetman

She was 3 times over the limit when caught....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024