Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended 18:30 - Mar 17 with 8677 viewsNoDiddley

For personal reasons, atmosphere, drunk or just something that happened that day!
Mine
1) 1967 League cup final as a 9 year old, I remember more about that than last weeks win against Sunderland.
2) Play-off final v Derby 2014 because it was a roller coaster of emotions & I was there with my mates!
3) Play off semi v Oldham 2003 I've never seen the ground 'move' before that night & ive been going for years, unbelievable atmosphere."
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 18:45 - Mar 17 with 5223 viewsBluce_Ree

1. Play-off final.
2. Spunking 6-0 all over Palace's chops.
3. Winning 2-1 away at Reading. 96/97. Drove there in my piece of shit Talbot Samba which protested the whole way there. 1-0 down. Went on to win. Fking yes. I don't remember much around it. But I climbed up a fence or something out of sheer happiness.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 19:11 - Mar 17 with 5157 viewscolinallcars

Beating Birmingham 4-1 away in the league cup '67 after being a goal down at half time, followed by the league cup final itself and beating Leeds at LR to be top of the top flight on the last Saturday of the season '76.
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 19:32 - Mar 17 with 5101 viewsRs_Holy

Hillsboro promotion match when 7000+ Rangers fans attended was an amazing day... everything about that day was amazing... properly fantastic
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 19:35 - Mar 17 with 5090 viewsdistortR

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 19:32 - Mar 17 by Rs_Holy

Hillsboro promotion match when 7000+ Rangers fans attended was an amazing day... everything about that day was amazing... properly fantastic

funny one for me, i was in their end.
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 19:53 - Mar 17 with 5041 viewsbrad

1...playoff final 2014...great day..great night after.....and nxt day at loftus road....2 v ipswich...1977...1-0 don givens...1st game.....v burnley..79...7-0....great day...but not for the burnley goalie...made his debut...
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 19:54 - Mar 17 with 5038 viewssmegma

Easter Monday 86.
Hillsborough.
Bobby Zamora Day.
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 20:29 - Mar 17 with 4963 viewsEsox_Lucius

1967 Cup final
QPR 5 NUFC 5
Forest 3- QPR 0 the last game of our relegation season from the Premiership. Best away game ever for QPR support. We can all cheer out heads off when we are winning something but that was the epitome of loyal support.

The grass is always greener.

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 21:05 - Mar 17 with 4903 viewsPunteR

Oldham, Leeds 10/11 champions, Wembley.
My eldest son is only 16 and has already watched QPR lift a trophy twice.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 21:12 - Mar 17 with 4888 views2Thomas2Bowles

Too many to list in the 70''s

Proper gone mental games
Highbury FA SF
Oldham
Hillsborough
Watford
Playoff Final

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 21:18 - Mar 17 with 4867 viewsBrianMcCarthy

2-0 v Arsenal in the Cup
4-1 at Old Trafford
3-1 at Anfield.

I've been back in Ireland since '96.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 22:06 - Mar 17 with 4784 viewsOakR

MY first game was the 5-5 against Newcastle, so I should say that but I didn't really understand or feel enough at that stage sadly.

There have been a couple of periods I always remember, the season we won 4-1 a few times against Leeds, Spurs etc we were just so good to watch.

In terms of sheer atmoshere, passion, hairs on the back of your neck type stuff, I'll go with:

1. Oldham Play-off Semi-Final
2. Chelsea home 1-0 first season back up - that atmosphere was something else
3. Liverpool home under Hughes (I know) 3-2 comeback - that felt pretty good and the importance of it for us staying up.

Honourable mentions:

Palace home 6-0 (I'd actually been to see Everton thump West Ham 6-0 the day before I think - bizarre).

Aston Villa 2-1 - we scored 2 goals in about as many minutes - not actually sure why this stuck in my mind

3-2 vs Barsnley mainly just for THAT Sinclair goal!

I have a terrible memory so hoing to remember some great games through others reminding me!

Poll: Will we stay up?

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 23:10 - Mar 17 with 4678 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 22:06 - Mar 17 by OakR

MY first game was the 5-5 against Newcastle, so I should say that but I didn't really understand or feel enough at that stage sadly.

There have been a couple of periods I always remember, the season we won 4-1 a few times against Leeds, Spurs etc we were just so good to watch.

In terms of sheer atmoshere, passion, hairs on the back of your neck type stuff, I'll go with:

3. Liverpool home under Hughes (I know) 3-2 comeback - that felt pretty good and the importance of it for us staying up.

Honourable mentions:

Palace home 6-0 (I'd actually been to see Everton thump West Ham 6-0 the day before I think - bizarre).

Aston Villa 2-1 - we scored 2 goals in about as many minutes - not actually sure why this stuck in my mind

I have a terrible memory so hoing to remember some great games through others reminding me!

1. Best in terms of team performance QPR v Spurs 4-1.
2. Memorable loss. Southampton 2 QPR 0. Game after the Old Trafford win.
3. Forest 0 QPR 1 ...

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 23:18 - Mar 17 with 4648 viewsGloucs_R

Oldham home, play off semi
Hillsborough
Wembley, Bobby day...

Poll: Are we staying up?

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 00:05 - Mar 18 with 4592 viewsCiderwithRsie

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 22:06 - Mar 17 by OakR

Honourable mentions:

Bloody hell, you must have thought every game was rubbish after that first one!
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 00:34 - Mar 18 with 4563 viewsnorthampton_hoop

Play off semi second leg home to Wigan. Evening game,extra time, Charlie. Magic. Going to Wembley.
Not 3 games but felt like it at the time.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 0:40]
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 00:57 - Mar 18 with 4523 viewsFrankRightguard

1 - Hillsborough Promotion Day
2 - Play off final win
3 - Anfield 3-1 win
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 03:18 - Mar 18 with 4472 viewsPlanetHonneywood

1. 3 April 1982 (FA Cup Semi-Final v. WBA) - where to begin? Just the proudest period from beating Palace in the Quarters, to clapping our gallant heroes off the Wembley turf on 27 May.

2. 8 May 2004 (Securing promotion to the Championship) - very nervy run-in and after woeful performances at Plymouth and Bristol City, the latter were confidently predicting we’d ‘choke’. We didn’t! On the day we mobilised by the thousands, every player rose to the challenge: Camp in goal; Padula’s desperate tackle; Rose in that game and Swindon the week prior, was immense; and Furs goal....’Can you hear us Loftus Road?’

3. 24 May 2014 (Bobby) - Just nicks the Oldham home game. A year earlier I was living and working in the Philippines. I get a text from the UK and the next thing, I’m a full-time carer for my Mum back in London Things were to get a whole lot worse before they got better. By May 2014 my mum had just come out of hospital for the third time and things were not looking good. By the PO final, my ST was with my mates as I could no longer go, and I was mentally and physically shot. My chums sorted my ticket out and I arrived at the pub tired. As the game progressed, the last thing I needed was a loss on penalties! For the first time in decades, QPR gave me a win when I needed it most.

My cousins- who’d looked after my mum on the day, we’re all following on the radio - sent a message: stay out, get drunk we’ve got this covered. As it was, I was too tired to max it out; I think I was back home by 9pm. My mum was determined to stay up until I got home to celebrate and we did so with a cup of tea. I decided to stay up to watch the highlights; alas I awoke in the wee hours with some old shite on the box. Having fallen into a deep sleep in the armchair, I had a cricked neck for a couple of days.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 08:15 - Mar 18 with 4330 viewsEsox_Lucius

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 23:10 - Mar 17 by CliveWilsonSaid

1. Best in terms of team performance QPR v Spurs 4-1.
2. Memorable loss. Southampton 2 QPR 0. Game after the Old Trafford win.
3. Forest 0 QPR 1 ...

Do you have a crystal ball?

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 08:54 - Mar 18 with 4271 viewsNLondonHoop

SF in 82 v West Brom. I was a 12 yr old boy, never seen anything like it when Allen scored and final whistle blew. Crying, dancing.

Oldham SF, singing hi ho silver lining, SA Road stand shook when Furs scored, lost my voice that night.

Less obvious one, WHam away first game of 87-8 season. Sat with WHam mates and watched smugly as Parker made his debut in 5-2-3 formation and we dismantled them 3-0.
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 10:57 - Mar 18 with 4161 viewsJuzzie

1. Play off final 2014

Having gone since 1983 its almost impossible to pick the next two out of dozens of possibilities.
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 11:31 - Mar 18 with 4110 viewsEsox_Lucius

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 08:54 - Mar 18 by NLondonHoop

SF in 82 v West Brom. I was a 12 yr old boy, never seen anything like it when Allen scored and final whistle blew. Crying, dancing.

Oldham SF, singing hi ho silver lining, SA Road stand shook when Furs scored, lost my voice that night.

Less obvious one, WHam away first game of 87-8 season. Sat with WHam mates and watched smugly as Parker made his debut in 5-2-3 formation and we dismantled them 3-0.

I remember that game mainly for the WHU nutter with the 1000 yard stare before the game who kicked off with a WPC who wouldn't let him into the West Ham area on the other side of the railings as he should have gone there in the first place. After effing and blinding at her he stormed off to the back of the terrace and round 10 minutes into the game I noticed he was in amongst the WHU fans. I don't recall the time it took place but soon after that a load of police moved in to extract him and he was dragged kicking, screaming abuse and biting at the police as they tried to get him over the wall and even after one copper smacked him in the mouth with the end of his nightstick he still kept up a tirade of abuse. Some little time after that my B.I.L and I both heard a cry of anguish from what we thought was a dog but didn't think any more of it. The following week I went to the camera club I belonged to and the famous war and sports photographer Don McCullin was giving a talk to the members. I was wearing my QPR shirt and afterwards he asked me if I had been to the game and eventually got round to mentioning the above incident. He told me it was a WHU fan that the police were trying to eject from the ground who had bitten the nose of a police dog!!! Upon reflection, years later, I did wonder if there were some Class A substances involved the fans actions as he was by far the worst nutter I have ever encountered at a game.

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 11:35 - Mar 18 with 4102 viewsAgedR

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 20:29 - Mar 17 by Esox_Lucius

1967 Cup final
QPR 5 NUFC 5
Forest 3- QPR 0 the last game of our relegation season from the Premiership. Best away game ever for QPR support. We can all cheer out heads off when we are winning something but that was the epitome of loyal support.

That was the game where the Forest fans ran over to our end to applaud us after the final whistle. Had a soft spot for them ever since.

1982 semi final at Highbury, with my grandad.
1-0 against the scum in the first year back in the prem; an atmosphere of sheer loathing
Bobby Zamora day; I'd been in hospital for a month before, really shouldn't have gone and really shouldn't have drunk so much. Glad I did though!

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 12:00 - Mar 18 with 4060 viewsFrankRightguard

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 11:35 - Mar 18 by AgedR

That was the game where the Forest fans ran over to our end to applaud us after the final whistle. Had a soft spot for them ever since.

1982 semi final at Highbury, with my grandad.
1-0 against the scum in the first year back in the prem; an atmosphere of sheer loathing
Bobby Zamora day; I'd been in hospital for a month before, really shouldn't have gone and really shouldn't have drunk so much. Glad I did though!

I don’t seem to remember them applauding. The opposite as I recall.
Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 12:16 - Mar 18 with 4029 viewsAgedR

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 12:00 - Mar 18 by FrankRightguard

I don’t seem to remember them applauding. The opposite as I recall.

I could have sworn they did. Regardless, it was a great day. Pineapples were the order of the day. This was also the time when Nottingham has the supposed favourable female to make ratio.

And yes it a younger aged was successful!

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Top 3 QPR games you have Attended on 12:21 - Mar 18 with 4012 viewskomradkirk

3 of the more obvious ones for me.

Oldham play off home semi final,just pipped the Wigan semi.
Bobby Zamora day
Promotion day at Wednesday.

Wee Olly involved in two.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024