Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Furlong. 18:46 - Mar 17 with 6572 viewsconnell10

Getting a feeling this kid maybe the real deal, the more i see him the more i like him!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Furlong. on 15:02 - Mar 20 with 1534 viewsPinnerPaul

Furlong. on 07:33 - Mar 18 by timcocking

Now Ollie, just do not drop him for a bit for any reason unless he turns rubbish. And keep playing him in the same position.

His aerial ability is useful, his above average length throw is occasionally useful and he'll help galvanise the fans, which is obviously pivotal to our performance.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 7:35]

but if Robinson, who has been our best defender all season is fit..............?
Furlong. on 15:54 - Mar 20 with 1490 viewsoldmisery

Furlong. on 15:02 - Mar 20 by PinnerPaul

but if Robinson, who has been our best defender all season is fit..............?

If Ollie decides to change the back four on Robinson's return from injury, my guess would be a straight swap with Lynch. Less likely is a straight swap with Bidwell with no bets taken on moving The Chief to right back and pairing Robinson with Lynch as:
(1) The Chief never convinces at right back and (2) Lynch and Robinson are both left footed.
Furlong. on 16:56 - Mar 20 with 1444 viewsswisscottage

I think it will be tough on Lynch if Robbo comes straight back in for him, as Lynch has been much improved and impressive since his annual Christmas sabbatical.

Also be tough on Robinson he he doesn't come straight back in as he has been superb nearly all season. I really do hope a deal can be worked out.

Either way someone loses out with this one .. although Lynch has looked pretty handy as left wing back at times this season when forced to due to substitutions .. I think he even has an assist from a lovely cross from the left side earlier in the season:).
Furlong. on 17:11 - Mar 20 with 1422 viewsnix

Furlong. on 16:56 - Mar 20 by swisscottage

I think it will be tough on Lynch if Robbo comes straight back in for him, as Lynch has been much improved and impressive since his annual Christmas sabbatical.

Also be tough on Robinson he he doesn't come straight back in as he has been superb nearly all season. I really do hope a deal can be worked out.

Either way someone loses out with this one .. although Lynch has looked pretty handy as left wing back at times this season when forced to due to substitutions .. I think he even has an assist from a lovely cross from the left side earlier in the season:).

Another possibility is for Robinson to play the Scowen role. He’s mobile enough and seems to have the positional sense and adaptability. This would also allow Luongo to have a rest after the international break and for Scowen to recuperate.

Ollie wouldn’t then be tempted into any wholesale changes or changes in formation.
Furlong. on 17:27 - Mar 20 with 1401 viewsNorthernr

You drop Lynch it's a no brainer, upturn in form or not.
Furlong. on 17:37 - Mar 20 with 1388 viewstheQPRking

I met Furlong away from football about a month ago, top bloke, absolutely loves the club, says there is a real sense of excitement in the squad with all the young talent coming through.. I personally thought he had a tough time earlier in the season but since coming back into the side has been immense, especially in the air. We need to stick by him through thick and thin as he should be our right back for the next 5 years at least.
Furlong. on 17:43 - Mar 20 with 1379 viewsNorthernr

Furlong. on 17:37 - Mar 20 by theQPRking

I met Furlong away from football about a month ago, top bloke, absolutely loves the club, says there is a real sense of excitement in the squad with all the young talent coming through.. I personally thought he had a tough time earlier in the season but since coming back into the side has been immense, especially in the air. We need to stick by him through thick and thin as he should be our right back for the next 5 years at least.

Yeh one of the nicest and brightest footballers I've interviewed too. Thought about his answers and actually said some stuff, rather than the usual cliches and blandness.

They did a little YouTube thing over Christmas with him and BOS playing Fifa against each other and while reading things into stuff like that is a road to madness it was interesting the QPR team he picked - all the youngsters, including Lumley in for Smithies, and when Bircham looked in and said people would go mad with him dropping Scowen he just rather pointedly said you've got to give the youngsters a chance.
Furlong. on 22:43 - Mar 20 with 1281 viewsLazyFan

Winter Leech played well against Fulham, but Mitrović still turned him a few times.
Sure Mitrović is a top quality player who made to look average by the Leech , but it is worrying that he can still get turned in this way. It will cost us again as it has done in the past. Also always screaming at Bids is not helping. I say play Robinson when back. Leech can replace Baps on the bench.

Next season if Robinson, Fish and Chief are gone, we shall need to get 2 CB in. As we cannot rely on Baps and Leech. They are too old and too slow. CB is the priority position this summer.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Furlong. on 01:37 - Mar 21 with 1231 viewstimcocking

Furlong. on 19:07 - Mar 17 by simmo

Should have been playing all season but so pleased he's taken his chance, huge tests against the championships outstanding wingers in the last 5 days and he's done brilliantly

He should indeed have been playing right back all season. Probably last season too.

[Post edited 21 Mar 2018 1:39]
Furlong. on 09:21 - Mar 21 with 1169 viewssimmo

For those worrying about dropping Lynch as it would be 'harsh', I wouldn't worry, he will be out with a knock or pull again soon and we can put Robinson (far superior) back in there.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024