Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greetings From Brum 11:19 - Apr 16 with 4807 viewsBLUESPRIDE

Hi not sure if you know the reason QPR Have only Allocated Brum 1823 tickets for the Final Game of the season. Is it true you now keep the bottom stand empty for away fans, Crazy to lose so much money if true. Thanks
Greetings From Brum on 14:48 - Apr 16 with 1343 viewsNorthernr

Toldja

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/160418-football-qpr-birmingham-city-warning
Greetings From Brum on 15:08 - Apr 16 with 1284 viewsRangersw12

Any idea why the council and police are so against people invading the pitch?

I know in recent years its been frowned upon but it used to be a tradition all over the country

Obviously with the threat of sanctions I hope people listen and stay off the pitch
Greetings From Brum on 15:11 - Apr 16 with 1278 viewsBoston

Greetings From Brum on 14:25 - Apr 16 by Harbour

Good job some of our fans are very embarrassing grown men in their 50s dancing on the pitch like bunch of 5 year olds. I bet even with the threat of a fine loads will still go on the pitch sad gits...hopefully game will be good and a send off for jamie who has served the club well

Big Tone includes design for mote in new stadium plans, additional income opportunity on non match days as public swimming pool.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Greetings From Brum on 15:12 - Apr 16 with 1273 viewsNorthernr

Greetings From Brum on 15:08 - Apr 16 by Rangersw12

I know in recent years its been frowned upon but it used to be a tradition all over the country

Obviously with the threat of sanctions I hope people listen and stay off the pitch

1 - jobsworths/killjoys/nothing better to do with their time. "He may be an idiot, but he's in charge".
2 - Risk of somebody getting hurt, either stewards forced to stand in the way of a rush of people, or crowds of people all piling down the steps and over seats.
3 - Added expense of having to provide huge amounts of extra police/stewards.
4 - Risk of inciting crowd problems - as well as the "can I have Jamie Mackie's shirt" brigade there's also a number of very brave members of the "let's go over to the away end and make wnkr gestures" brigade.

It's a nonsense really, but they're not having it any more, so club are having to go all out this year. last thing we want is the final home game of next season to mean something and us have 2,000 seats roped off for it. Imagine if that had been the case for the Leeds game!
Greetings From Brum on 15:12 - Apr 16 with 1271 viewsBoston

Greetings From Brum on 15:08 - Apr 16 by Rangersw12

Apparently if we build a wall, it will work.

Greetings From Brum on 15:21 - Apr 16 with 1234 viewsstowmarketrange

Greetings From Brum on 12:10 - Apr 16 by Rs_Holy

oh dear... I think the club should have a bucket collection to pay for the inevitabale, cringy invasion.
There will still be plenty on the pitch taking selfies and larging it up in front of the Brum fans!... Bloody embarrassing.

It always seems to be the same idiots every year.How often do they need to have a photo taken of them and their kids in front of the loft?
If only we could afford to ban them?
Greetings From Brum on 15:32 - Apr 16 with 1207 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Remember when the people ran on after the Norwich? game and we were not promoted.

One flew over between mine and Orthodox_Hoop's seats in his excitement to get on the pitch.

He was easily as old as us.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Greetings From Brum on 15:42 - Apr 16 with 1176 viewsNorthernr

Greetings From Brum on 15:32 - Apr 16 by Metallica_Hoop

Remember when the people ran on after the Norwich? game and we were not promoted.

One flew over between mine and Orthodox_Hoop's seats in his excitement to get on the pitch.

He was easily as old as us.

TBF winning promotion back to the prem after 15 years is a bit different. Piling on when you've finished 15th to mob the footballers makes us look like fcking mugs.
Login to get fewer ads

Greetings From Brum on 15:44 - Apr 16 with 1170 viewsStanisgod

So if you win promotion or stay up its OK?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Greetings From Brum on 15:46 - Apr 16 with 1158 viewssimmo

Greetings From Brum on 15:44 - Apr 16 by Stanisgod

It's more understood, wouldn't you say?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Greetings From Brum on 15:47 - Apr 16 with 1153 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Greetings From Brum on 15:42 - Apr 16 by Northernr

TBF winning promotion back to the prem after 15 years is a bit different. Piling on when you've finished 15th to mob the footballers makes us look like fcking mugs.

That is true but they really should have checked the results first.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Greetings From Brum on 15:51 - Apr 16 with 1132 viewsNorthernr

Greetings From Brum on 15:44 - Apr 16 by Stanisgod

No I think it's always bolox and have said so repeatedly over the years. But it's especially bolox when you're rushing on to paw at and ruffle the hair of the footballers who've finished 15th. People spend all years slagging them off and then suddenly they're desperate to go on there and pat them on the head.
Greetings From Brum on 15:56 - Apr 16 with 1120 viewsJuzzie

I think it was the 1-1 draw with Hull. At that point we'd done enough to secure promotion at least, title to possibly follow.

However, it was Norwich (who were at home) who scored for the umpteenth time that season a ninety-zillionth minute winner a few minutes after our game ended that kept us in check. Made us look a bit stoopid.

Still, meant we had that day at Watford the following game to secure both promotion and the title in one go. Even better that it was actually quite an even game yet the 11 mins of highlights on tv that night made it look like it was all us!

As far as going on the pitch itself... yes it used to be traditional, yes things have changed, yes it does seem a bit silly when we've had a nothing-to-write-home-about season and yes it does give loads of 'brave' people the chance to feel very big & clever about themselves to go running up to the away end giving it the big 'un.

Will it still happen? I think it will because people are numpty's who don't give a fk because they won't be the ones getting fined yet will cry 'unfair' the loudest when all sorts of sanctions and restrictions put in place that they caused meaning they (and others) can't get a ticket. Selfish cnts.

[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 16:10]
Greetings From Brum on 16:14 - Apr 16 with 1079 viewsrobith

Greetings From Brum on 12:51 - Apr 16 by johnhoop

If that’s the case then I hope that the club prints off leaflets to hand out to every supporter as they come into the ground. It may not stop the brain dead but at least nobody will be able to say that they weren’t aware of the consequences for the club when they did it.

I wager it will probably cause people to run onto the pitch tbh, seeding the idea it's ok
Greetings From Brum on 16:18 - Apr 16 with 1073 viewsrobith

Also I thought going on the pitch was a life ban. Throw the ban hammer at them imo
Greetings From Brum on 16:25 - Apr 16 with 1065 viewsBoston

Greetings From Brum on 16:18 - Apr 16 by robith

Also I thought going on the pitch was a life ban. Throw the ban hammer at them imo

Correct sir, but I've never known it actually applied for the end of season jamboree.

Greetings From Brum on 16:25 - Apr 16 with 1065 viewskensalriser

To have any chance of stopping it there's need to be some fairly draconian threats, such as a minimum one season ban for anyone positively identified as a pitch invader. Many won't be deterred by non-personal consequences.

Edit: apparently the statutory minimum for a banning order is three years, applying to all UK football matches.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 16:37]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Greetings From Brum on 16:51 - Apr 16 with 1020 viewsEsox_Lucius

Just ensure that the fliers/ information releases carry the warning that the rules will be strictly enforced. Zero tolerance. On another site I have offered to bring one of my bows and a few dozen arrows if the club thought it would help deter the numptys.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024