Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Collins 10:15 - May 20 with 8164 viewsWestbourneR

Been released by Wet Spam. 34. I know he’s v old but I think there is room for a grizzly old leader at the back for a couple of season while we bring the youngsters through. I seen him doing a Richard Dunne / Ryan Nelson job for us.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

James Collins on 20:18 - May 20 with 2084 viewsCamberleyR

James Collins on 20:05 - May 20 by DejR_vu

Wonder if there's any chance of getting Matt Connolly back? Always thought he was decent overall and seems to find it impossible not to get promoted.

Might not be a bad shout if he's not on too much wedge at Cardiff as he does seem to be a bit of a lucky charm. Can't see him playing too much next season in the 'greatest league in the world' ©Sky

Only other question might be his fitness. Only six games last season missing six months of the season in two spells.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

James Collins on 20:47 - May 20 with 2047 viewsDejR_vu

James Collins on 20:18 - May 20 by CamberleyR

Might not be a bad shout if he's not on too much wedge at Cardiff as he does seem to be a bit of a lucky charm. Can't see him playing too much next season in the 'greatest league in the world' ©Sky

Only other question might be his fitness. Only six games last season missing six months of the season in two spells.

'Bit of a lucky charm'

You're not kidding. I don't think he's played for a club at this level without getting promoted. Didn't even have to play last year and still went up. Just sign him and sit him in the corner.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

James Collins on 21:44 - May 20 with 1995 viewsMyke

James Collins on 20:05 - May 20 by DejR_vu

Wonder if there's any chance of getting Matt Connolly back? Always thought he was decent overall and seems to find it impossible not to get promoted.

loved him and Gorkks together but now he is just an older version of Hall (and just as crocked)
James Collins on 22:19 - May 20 with 1950 viewsBrianMcCarthy

James Collins on 16:13 - May 20 by CamberleyR

I know, I meant would he drop 35k a week to about 15k assuming he is on the average PL wage of 50k a week (I reckon he's on more than that).
[Post edited 20 May 2018 16:15]

Sorry, I misunderstood.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

James Collins on 15:54 - May 21 with 1722 viewsEsox_Lucius

Perhaps a player like Rohan Ince who is on loan to Bury from Brighton who can play holding midfield or central defender? He never really fulfilled his potential at Brighton but is young enough (25) to have someone like SMC get him back on track. He would make more sense than an aging EPL defender looking to drop down the leagues at the end of his career and I would guess his (RI's) wage demands wouldn't be prohibitive if he is playing at Bury. He is also a London boy so that may hold some sway for him.

The grass is always greener.

James Collins on 16:21 - May 21 with 1683 viewsqueensparker

I think someone like Collins would fit the bill nicely if we can afford him (big if): a grizzled old pro who likes a tackle, seems the right sort, played a lot of international football and likes to defend. With the likes of Furlong/Kakay/Hall in defence we need to balance it out with a few horrible gits who are good in the air, Clint Hill style.

With Ned/Mackie/Holloway/Bircham out the door and nice guy McLaren doing the team talks, we're going to need some big characters in the dressing room too.
James Collins on 16:26 - May 21 with 1671 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

James Collins on 15:54 - May 21 by Esox_Lucius

Perhaps a player like Rohan Ince who is on loan to Bury from Brighton who can play holding midfield or central defender? He never really fulfilled his potential at Brighton but is young enough (25) to have someone like SMC get him back on track. He would make more sense than an aging EPL defender looking to drop down the leagues at the end of his career and I would guess his (RI's) wage demands wouldn't be prohibitive if he is playing at Bury. He is also a London boy so that may hold some sway for him.

Any relation to Paul or the Derby lad?
James Collins on 16:26 - May 21 with 1671 viewsEsox_Lucius

Bircham???

Login to get fewer ads

James Collins on 16:59 - May 21 with 1630 viewsEsox_Lucius

James Collins on 16:26 - May 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Any relation to Paul or the Derby lad?

He is the nephew of Eric Young and Paul Ince. I just noticed that he also doesn't have an agent so potential savings right there LOL.
https://www.transfermarkt.com/rohan-ince/profil/spieler/141568

James Collins on 19:23 - May 21 with 1568 viewsWeaverQPR

Delaney released by Palace. Maybe play him CB this time.

@WeavQPR

James Collins on 19:37 - May 21 with 1545 viewsMaggsinho

James Collins on 16:59 - May 21 by Esox_Lucius

He is the nephew of Eric Young and Paul Ince. I just noticed that he also doesn't have an agent so potential savings right there LOL.
https://www.transfermarkt.com/rohan-ince/profil/spieler/141568

I didn’t know they were a couple.
James Collins on 20:27 - May 21 with 1500 viewsEsox_Lucius

James Collins on 19:37 - May 21 by Maggsinho

I didn’t know they were a couple.

That's one of the barriers that football is trying to break down ;-)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024