Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paper interest in Freeman 09:13 - Jul 29 with 59112 viewsbosh67

Apparently West Brom and Boro looking at a bid ITRO £3m for him. Would be a huge loss for us but given what's happened and what we bought him for that would be around a 10 fold return. Depends where we are in terms of being able to fight off bids. I imagine Freeman would be happy to stay as he plays every week here and perhaps the FFP settlement means that we don't have to get picked off by the vultures in terms of selling players. I guess if he does go we have Manning who could play that role and Chair.

Hopefully just press bluster.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 9:13]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Paper interest in Freeman on 19:16 - Jul 29 with 3542 viewsdaveB

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-freeman-west-brom-middlesbrough

worth a read for those tweeting the club they will never return again over a made up transfer rumour
Paper interest in Freeman on 19:19 - Jul 29 with 3532 viewssmegma

Paper interest in Freeman on 19:16 - Jul 29 by daveB

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-freeman-west-brom-middlesbrough

worth a read for those tweeting the club they will never return again over a made up transfer rumour

People are tweeting the club ?????
Paper interest in Freeman on 19:53 - Jul 29 with 3450 viewsdaveB

Paper interest in Freeman on 19:19 - Jul 29 by smegma

People are tweeting the club ?????

Yep, anger and abuse towards Fernandes due to him selling Freeman so cheaply despite the fact we haven't sold him. People losing their shit on social media, some lunatics support this club
Paper interest in Freeman on 21:01 - Jul 29 with 3322 viewsBoston

Paper interest in Freeman on 19:53 - Jul 29 by daveB

Yep, anger and abuse towards Fernandes due to him selling Freeman so cheaply despite the fact we haven't sold him. People losing their shit on social media, some lunatics support this club

We've all seen 'em.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Paper interest in Freeman on 21:39 - Jul 29 with 3271 viewsderbyhoop

With the emergence of Eze would it really be such a tragedy to sell Freeman? Saying that, if we have 2 Championship clubs, allegedly, interested in him, then we ought to be able to demand a fee higher than £3m. Even if we would have made a large profit on a player we've had for 18 months.

The fact is that we are going to need to do a deal on this scale every year for the foreseeable future.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Paper interest in Freeman on 21:50 - Jul 29 with 3237 viewsPunteR

I hope we dont sell him. I want us to have a decent team that play good football, i couldnt give a stuff about balancing the books.

selling club my arse
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 21:54]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Paper interest in Freeman on 21:52 - Jul 29 with 3236 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Paper interest in Freeman on 21:39 - Jul 29 by derbyhoop

With the emergence of Eze would it really be such a tragedy to sell Freeman? Saying that, if we have 2 Championship clubs, allegedly, interested in him, then we ought to be able to demand a fee higher than £3m. Even if we would have made a large profit on a player we've had for 18 months.

The fact is that we are going to need to do a deal on this scale every year for the foreseeable future.

Not sure we have anyone interested in him but I think we'd miss his set pieces a lot, if nothing else. We've lost a lot of important players/people in this transfer window. I'd rather we kept this one but behind the club whatever they decide is best.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Paper interest in Freeman on 22:00 - Jul 29 with 3212 viewsdistortR

Paper interest in Freeman on 21:50 - Jul 29 by PunteR

I hope we dont sell him. I want us to have a decent team that play good football, i couldnt give a stuff about balancing the books.

selling club my arse
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 21:54]

why are you selling the club your arse?
Would rather they focussed on developing the youth.
Login to get fewer ads

Paper interest in Freeman on 22:11 - Jul 29 with 3160 viewsPunteR

Paper interest in Freeman on 22:00 - Jul 29 by distortR

why are you selling the club your arse?
Would rather they focussed on developing the youth.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Paper interest in Freeman on 22:37 - Jul 29 with 3111 viewsFDC

Paper interest in Freeman on 19:16 - Jul 29 by daveB

The bit in that piece about needing to sell another player if we want to spend any money bringing another player in is probably quite important. Everyone agrees we need another defender, and although Freeman has been a big player since coming here, we do have a lot of midfielders and we're operating in a new, harsher financial reality these days.
Paper interest in Freeman on 22:58 - Jul 29 with 3080 viewsSnipper

Paper interest in Freeman on 19:08 - Jul 29 by smegma

Clive wrote " Yay pre-season. The bit where footballers run up hills in the blazing sunshine, and supporters jump to conclusions based on games that bear no relation to the real thing. Who will start? How will we defend? Is the attack strong enough? Beats me mate".

While McLaren said "As we head into the new season, all I ask for is a little patience from you , the QPR fans, in terms of what we are trying to build and develop. We've a young squad that we're trying to bring through"..........he went on "There will be mistakes, but please get behind the lads like I know you can do. Our young players need that, and we just want to build a side that plays good, attractive football."

Well we played some very decent and attractive football against Union Berlin yesterday and the last 30 minutes in Eppingen the weekend previously.

Meanwhile, Tony Incenzo informed us "the favourite snack food at German stadiums is currywurst, a delicious form of curried sausage"
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 19:10]

Cheers Chris.
Paper interest in Freeman on 02:22 - Jul 30 with 2962 viewstimcocking

If we are selling people like Freeman, who was literally a class above everybody else on the pitch most of last year, for paltry amounts a couple of days before the league starts, we really might as well just give up.

Although ironically, it would presumably free up the wings for the likes of Bright and Smyth, and maybe Eze will step up.
Paper interest in Freeman on 08:00 - Jul 30 with 2837 viewsngbqpr

Paper interest in Freeman on 02:22 - Jul 30 by timcocking

If we are selling people like Freeman, who was literally a class above everybody else on the pitch most of last year, for paltry amounts a couple of days before the league starts, we really might as well just give up.

Although ironically, it would presumably free up the wings for the likes of Bright and Smyth, and maybe Eze will step up.

So selling Freeman at a market-dictated price means we give up, despite the emergence of the three young talents you mention.

That's not irony, it's a logic-defying non-sequitur.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Paper interest in Freeman on 08:29 - Jul 30 with 2762 viewsGloucs_R

I'd take anything above 6m, to be honest with the current state of our finances I think this would be a pretty good deal.

also I think we have enough players who could potentially step up to the mark and fill the gap

Poll: Are we staying up?

Paper interest in Freeman on 08:44 - Jul 30 with 2724 viewssmegma

Paper interest in Freeman on 08:00 - Jul 30 by ngbqpr

So selling Freeman at a market-dictated price means we give up, despite the emergence of the three young talents you mention.

He hasn't been sold.

What part of that sentence does anyone NOT understand???
Paper interest in Freeman on 08:47 - Jul 30 with 2715 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Huge profit on a player who cost f-all if he goes. I'd like to see him stay though as I think he will get better.

5M +sell on may tempt me.

If I was playing FM.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 8:57]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Paper interest in Freeman on 08:48 - Jul 30 with 2715 viewsNorthernr

Paper interest in Freeman on 08:44 - Jul 30 by smegma

He hasn't been sold.

What part of that sentence does anyone NOT understand???

Shut up you, start smashing things.
Paper interest in Freeman on 09:58 - Jul 30 with 2632 viewsDorse

Paper interest in Freeman on 19:53 - Jul 29 by daveB

Past-participle of the verb 'to tweet' is clearly 't wat'. Crayon-eating mouth-breathers, the lot of 'em.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:03 - Jul 30 with 2610 viewsQPR_John

Paper interest in Freeman on 08:00 - Jul 30 by ngbqpr

We give up if we sell at a market dictated price which is not realistic. You sell at the price you want or take the market price if it is a fire sale.
Paper interest in Freeman on 10:04 - Jul 30 with 2606 viewsLowerloftLad

add Sheffield United to boro and West Brom now

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:58 - Jul 30 with 2465 viewssmegma

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:03 - Jul 30 by QPR_John

We give up if we sell at a market dictated price which is not realistic. You sell at the price you want or take the market price if it is a fire sale.

Jesus wept.
Paper interest in Freeman on 11:11 - Jul 30 with 2411 viewsBlue_Castello

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:38 - Jul 29 by Northernr

Do you honestly think I’d be reporting that off a back of an envelope calculation I’d done myself rather than meeting with people and asking them about it?

As previously posted we made a loss of £18 million in the first two seasons and there is £21 million before we reach the threshold.

Lee and Les have made significant cuts to the budget every season including last year when we shifted loads of players off the books. I know the parachute payments are reducing but have we not managed to keep the loss close to the 11 and 7 million for the previous two seasons, as Roller says it would be disastrous if we do come close to 21 as the allowance is a rolling figure and we will loose the parachute payments.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 11:37]
Paper interest in Freeman on 11:33 - Jul 30 with 2348 viewsMaggsinho

No approach, no need to sell. So we can put the rage away until next time.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/mcclaren-insists-he-doesnt-have-to-sell-as-w
Paper interest in Freeman on 12:55 - Jul 30 with 2102 viewsGloucs_R

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:33 - Jul 30 by Maggsinho

No approach, no need to sell. So we can put the rage away until next time.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/mcclaren-insists-he-doesnt-have-to-sell-as-w

Just talking the price up so clubs know they won't get him for £3m 😉

Poll: Are we staying up?

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:00 - Jul 30 with 2084 views1JD

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:38 - Jul 29 by Northernr

Do you honestly think I’d be reporting that off a back of an envelope calculation I’d done myself rather than meeting with people and asking them about it?

We have fixed running costs of 10m annually.

Then we have the wage bill:

In 16/17 was 27m.
In 17/18 - circa 5m = 22m.
In 18/19 - circa 7m = 15m.

+3m for mgmt. and other wage items .

Income for last season 17/18 and this season 18/19 is 33m.

Income minus expenses gives operating profit. We will post an operating profit in 18/19 just like we did in 16/17.

As for FFP calculations, the core issue of a) player amortisation is disappearing year on year thanks to zero-to-no transfer expenditure policy and b) loans and interest - which is only required thanks to cover operating loss - which is not needed if you post operating profit.

According to FFP rules, a club is allowed 39m 3-year cumulative loss, but 13m annual loss max. (Unless that has changed?) We posted a loss of 11m and 7m for first two, and based on the above figures, and the FFP related amortisation and loans, we are within 13m for last season 17/18.

As for the exact figure and projected 17/18 loss, I could go on and do the player amortisation costs (work backwards from transfer dealings and contract lengths) and work it out a close estimate but I have a job to do!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024