Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marvellous 16:52 - Aug 18 with 6594 viewsnix

What a fantastic decision it now appears to get rid of Olly. Thanks to all those twitter warriors that persuaded Tony to replace him with McLaren.
Marvellous on 18:30 - Aug 18 with 1564 viewscorse

With this squad ollie wouldnt have done any better.
Marvellous on 18:40 - Aug 18 with 1526 viewsRs_Holy

Marvellous on 18:30 - Aug 18 by corse

With this squad ollie wouldnt have done any better.

Well he couldn’t have done any worse...?
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 18:41]
Marvellous on 18:40 - Aug 18 with 1522 viewspaulparker

Marvellous on 17:07 - Aug 18 by Rangersw12

When you play out from the back with Ingram and Lynch then it's 100% down to him

This a hundred times

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Marvellous on 18:45 - Aug 18 with 1490 viewsTGRRRSSS

A decent manager or coach makes the best of the players at his disposal, if changing the way he wants to play to suit the players is the best thing to do McLaren must do this, if he cannot or will not, he should be sacked.

Yes I see the folly of this so early on, but I now see the next 2 games (both at home) as incredibly crucial for our (and McLaren's) future.

Someone mentioned De Boer earlier, didn't he too come in with ideas of the "right way" etc???

I fear greatly if things dont improve soon.

But the EFL and Harvey also have a massive part in this designing it so that smaller clubs cannot dream anymore, without the dream, the game will die.
Marvellous on 18:50 - Aug 18 with 1468 viewspaulparker

Just watching Preston vs stoke and Preston play to their strengths , ie physical , in your face, niggly , they are not getting the keeper to play it short to a lump of a CB , they are scrapping for everything , we are to naive and predictable and a joy to play against, that is down to the manager

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Marvellous on 19:12 - Aug 18 with 1415 viewsWestonsuperR

Marvellous on 17:45 - Aug 18 by vegasranger

All this talk of Holloway getting the best out of the squad, did you see our away record last season? Pathetic. He had to go. The problem was we went the normal lazy QPR route. McLaren has the name and is a good coach but probably not up to being a manager. Trying to play football out from the back with our defence and goalkeeper is suicide !! Play to what ever strengths you have.Other teams find up and coming managers , often from abroad. Not good old Rangers. Pretty sure is it wasn't SM, it would have been another re-tread.

Did you see his Home Record? Almost Play-off form, you can’t ignore half the season.

Gutted tonight, one small consolation, those that wanted Ollie out are now getting what they deserve.
Marvellous on 19:23 - Aug 18 with 1368 viewsvegasranger

Marvellous on 19:12 - Aug 18 by WestonsuperR

Did you see his Home Record? Almost Play-off form, you can’t ignore half the season.

Gutted tonight, one small consolation, those that wanted Ollie out are now getting what they deserve.

You can't ignore our away form either, 4th worst. I wanted Holloway out, don't think he is a good manager anymore. Didn't really want SM.
Marvellous on 19:56 - Aug 18 with 1318 viewsWestonsuperR

Marvellous on 19:23 - Aug 18 by vegasranger

You can't ignore our away form either, 4th worst. I wanted Holloway out, don't think he is a good manager anymore. Didn't really want SM.

Absolutely, Home and Away from should both be considered, Ollie did what he was asked to do under difficult circumstances. There is not a chance we would have lost 7v1 under his leadership.
Login to get fewer ads

Marvellous on 20:01 - Aug 18 with 1304 viewsBoston

Marvellous on 19:56 - Aug 18 by WestonsuperR

Absolutely, Home and Away from should both be considered, Ollie did what he was asked to do under difficult circumstances. There is not a chance we would have lost 7v1 under his leadership.

It's a westonsupernightmare.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Marvellous on 20:04 - Aug 18 with 1290 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I feel this disaster isn't entirely SM's fault but amazed some people still putting the boot in on Olly three months after he's left us.

We were never bottoms under Olly.

Our problems obviously don't lie with the manager. 7 in a row without progress? Maybe it's us.....
Marvellous on 20:09 - Aug 18 with 1274 viewssmegma

Marvellous on 17:56 - Aug 18 by Rs_Holy

I was 100% against sacking Ollie and almost 100% against the appointment of Shteve!!! But it’s done now and booing or slagging off the team is not going to help... I’m going on Saturday and will be singing my heart out and doing my best to be positive... it’s the only option IMHO!

What about Tuesday ???
Marvellous on 20:25 - Aug 18 with 1214 viewsR_from_afar

Marvellous on 17:57 - Aug 18 by vegasranger

I would but thanks to our owners and DOF , our squad is weaker than last season. I'll give you an example of the QPR way. Brentford buy up and coming Ollie Watkins from Exeter and now is attracting a lot of Premier League interest. We buy 27 year old David Wheeler, don't really have an idea where to play him. Sadly got injured but now on a season long lone to Portsmouth. We are just plodding. Whether it's the manager , signing players , selling players or the train ground.

Yes our squad is weaker now than last season but some of our recruitment e.g. Freeman has been very good.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Marvellous on 20:33 - Aug 18 with 1189 viewsRs_Holy

Marvellous on 20:09 - Aug 18 by smegma

What about Tuesday ???

Can’t make Tuesday
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 20:33]
Marvellous on 20:42 - Aug 18 with 1166 viewsblacky2013

Marvellous on 17:13 - Aug 18 by Blue_Castello

Agree with you I was never happy with his sacking, the main reason being Ollie knew how to get the best out of a limited squad. We played some very good football at times last year , mainly at home which kept us in the division, when you don't have the strongest squad you have to get them fired up and playing for the badge, I don't see Schteeeve ever doing that.

This playing out from the back needs to be scrapped fast before we get to the 10 games and have virtually no points on the board. We need to sort the back four out fast, I'm not convinced they are good enough and that includes BFG for all his aggressive qualities.

The only good thing to come out of today is its better to happen now than in two months time, if there's any money in the budget get some players in for the defence and attack before it's too late.
What the Hell is the Chief doing at the moment, offer him an improved contract before it's too late he may just sign, yes I know FFP but shit surely there's a bit of money to keep us in the division.

Is this the same Olly that won 3 games away all season. Or the motivator that had us on 6 game losing streaks. I love IH but he really wasn't the same manager second time round.
Today was disgraceful but sacking a manager after 3 games is fu****g crazy talk and if we did the only manager that would come to us would be the absolute dregs.
Marvellous on 20:53 - Aug 18 with 1143 viewsRangersw12

Marvellous on 20:42 - Aug 18 by blacky2013

Is this the same Olly that won 3 games away all season. Or the motivator that had us on 6 game losing streaks. I love IH but he really wasn't the same manager second time round.
Today was disgraceful but sacking a manager after 3 games is fu****g crazy talk and if we did the only manager that would come to us would be the absolute dregs.

3 games is crazy talk but I just have no faith in him to turn it around . The players just don't look up for it and one thing they didn't do under Olly was give up and we did that today big time

A massive week coming up
Marvellous on 22:04 - Aug 18 with 1035 viewsnix

Whatever the issues about losing key defenders, which I accept, there are some other serious backward steps from last season. The most noticeable of which is the team spirit. Even when we lost away last season, admittedly way too often, they tended to be sucker goals, last minute and losing by one. We had attempts right to the end of games, Today sounded abject. Where is the fight that Olly had the players demonstrating?

Also I think with McLaren philosophy, we’ve messed up the best thing that we had last season, our midfield trio. Olly had been encouraging Luongo to surge forward. Now he’s being pushed back into a holding midfield role and looks dispirited. The snail’s pace with which we attack from the back negates some of the fast passing moves we saw glimpses of last season.

Maybe I’m wrong (I hope so) and influenced by the fact I didn’t want to see a change of manager. But I think we’ve regressed, and not just at the back.
Marvellous on 22:11 - Aug 18 with 1025 viewsBlue_Castello

Marvellous on 20:42 - Aug 18 by blacky2013

Not sure why you picked on my post for saying we shouldn't sack McLaren because I havnt for one minute intimated that I want McLaren sacked.

I was dead against getting rid of Ollie because I personally thought he did an amazing job with very limited resources last year, even though we had a poor away record and as you rightly say the loosing runs that were painful (ooh err . That said I am not happy with McLaren at the moment because we are not playing to our strengths, I've only seen us play at home against Sheffield and that overall was a poor performance. Playing out from the back with the players we currently have is not working, McLaren needs to have the strength to change direction and play in a different style to grind out results.

No I am not happy but I am also against knee jerk reactions, the Manager has to be given time to implement his ideas before making change, some people would have sacked Ollie last year after the 6 game loosing streaks, where would that have got us, probably relegation.

The next two home games are very important for Steve and it's not just the fans that are pissed off you only have to read Amits tweet.
Marvellous on 00:20 - Aug 19 with 896 viewsMistication92

After Villa and Fulham in March I was thinking IH deserved another crack, but then he spent the final 5 weeks of the season cocking about with the team when we could've finished in the top half with a bit of application.

Maybe he would've got a couple of points from these three games, but at the end of the day he'll have still been in the same bind as McClaren: no money and no Smithies/Onouha/Robinson.

I wonder if he'd come back if McClaren is sacked (I don't think he should be sacked yet BTW)?
Marvellous on 00:25 - Aug 19 with 889 viewsRs_Holy

Marvellous on 00:20 - Aug 19 by Mistication92

After Villa and Fulham in March I was thinking IH deserved another crack, but then he spent the final 5 weeks of the season cocking about with the team when we could've finished in the top half with a bit of application.

Maybe he would've got a couple of points from these three games, but at the end of the day he'll have still been in the same bind as McClaren: no money and no Smithies/Onouha/Robinson.

I wonder if he'd come back if McClaren is sacked (I don't think he should be sacked yet BTW)?

Paul Clement should be available soon!
Marvellous on 00:31 - Aug 19 with 881 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Marvellous on 00:20 - Aug 19 by Mistication92

Was Holloway cocking around with the team? Or was he just managing as best he can with what he had?

Not trying to reinvent football - a la ssshteve.

For the record i'll be there Tuesday supporting.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Marvellous on 00:58 - Aug 19 with 821 viewstimcocking

I don't want to say i told you so yet again, but how can i say anything else. This is what you'd expect to happen when you release all your good, experienced players at once and bring in new management to a young squad, whatever the guy on the podcast thinks.
Marvellous on 10:39 - Aug 19 with 674 viewskropotkin41

Ollie had his downside, but change for the sake of change at a really dangerous time seems to have f*cked us over again.

When NW got us promoted the question was clearly asked "will NW keep us up because we need to stay up at all costs?" Not thinking that we might stick with NW and play the long game was catastrophic.

Last season the question was obviously asked "We've got to cut the squad and try to stay up, is Ollie the best man to do that?" And then, without asking if we should stick with Ollie and let him carry on with the job he was doing, they replaced him with SM.

Now, it doesn't require that we demolish McClaren as a man and a manager to see the problem with this. Offered twist or stick, TF and the others have unfailingly taken the wrong option at the wrong time for 7 years.

At the heart of this would seem to be bad judgement of personality and the requirements of the job at QPR.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Marvellous on 10:54 - Aug 19 with 643 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Since Warnock.....

Mark Hughes (32)
Harry Redknapp (103)
Chris Ramsey (30)
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (38)
Ian Holloway (79)

AVERAGE (56 Games)
Marvellous on 11:01 - Aug 19 with 630 viewsblacky2013

Well it seems there's a lot of rose tinted spectacles being worn. As I've said in another thread I love Olly and I think he did his best but how many times did he change a winning team? How many away games did we win? How many poor runs did we go on? How many times did he replace a youngster the next game when the kid had done well? Remember Vauxhall motors? Olly was not the same person second time around and although I thought his sacking was harsh I have to admit to a sigh of relief when he did go.
Yep yesterday was disgraceful, no getting around that but we have lost our two best defenders and goalkeeper. That will weaken any team and we weren't the strongest to start with. I'm sure the club has been trying to get players in but hasn't worked out so far. Hopefully we'll get a few loans in and can put this behind us.
Marvellous on 11:13 - Aug 19 with 612 viewskropotkin41

Marvellous on 11:01 - Aug 19 by blacky2013

Well it seems there's a lot of rose tinted spectacles being worn. As I've said in another thread I love Olly and I think he did his best but how many times did he change a winning team? How many away games did we win? How many poor runs did we go on? How many times did he replace a youngster the next game when the kid had done well? Remember Vauxhall motors? Olly was not the same person second time around and although I thought his sacking was harsh I have to admit to a sigh of relief when he did go.
Yep yesterday was disgraceful, no getting around that but we have lost our two best defenders and goalkeeper. That will weaken any team and we weren't the strongest to start with. I'm sure the club has been trying to get players in but hasn't worked out so far. Hopefully we'll get a few loans in and can put this behind us.

I don't think it's rose-tinted spectacles.

My main feeling is that sometimes you can change a manager and actually, whoever the manager, just make things worse. And we've done a lot of changing.

My feeling is that we'd have struggled this season with Ollie, but he'd have got the team fighting. We're going to struggle with Steve, and he might bring something to the table that helps us stay up, but who knows. At some stage you just have to let a man carry on with the job he's doing and accept that whatever happens stability - which takes time obvs - is best in the long run. Christ we do everything so badly, why can't we just show some sticking power and give a man a chance to see the job through.......... none of the men who've managed since we got rid of Old Dodgy Knees have been idiots and I wonder if we'd kept any of them we'd be anywhere different this morning.......... but it might just be that something would be building in the club for the best.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024