Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marvellous 16:52 - Aug 18 with 6595 viewsnix

What a fantastic decision it now appears to get rid of Olly. Thanks to all those twitter warriors that persuaded Tony to replace him with McLaren.
Marvellous on 11:18 - Aug 19 with 1034 viewsbaz_qpr

Holloway was held in low esteem within the club, his actions off the field and his unpredictability alongside the chop and changing especially of the young players who the club need to develop to sell to survive in FFP. Not a TF decision but a unanimous decision across the club. Club felt they need to move on in order to develop that wider strategy.
Marvellous on 11:27 - Aug 19 with 1014 viewsBushRanger82

With, or without Holloway, we are losing ground, in every respect, to clubs like Brentford and Millwall now.
Holloway's presence would make no difference to the direction this club is taking.
Marvellous on 11:39 - Aug 19 with 975 views2Thomas2Bowles

Sack him now, he is a sick dog, no point just putting it off for a few weeks, it will be more humane for him and us.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 11:43]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Marvellous on 11:41 - Aug 19 with 972 viewsblacky2013

Marvellous on 11:27 - Aug 19 by BushRanger82

With, or without Holloway, we are losing ground, in every respect, to clubs like Brentford and Millwall now.
Holloway's presence would make no difference to the direction this club is taking.

Yes we're losing ground but we are in a new phase of development for the club that is going to make us stronger in the future. These things don't happen overnight. We've done well getting the younger players through in such a short space of time. We are getting to the stage of financial stability within the rules so there is going to be some short term pain. It seems to me in some situations last year we did well despite Olly. Publicly hammering players, chopping and changing the team constantly and trying to show what a tactical genius he was is a quick way to losing the dressing room and I don't think we were far off that situation.
Don't get me wrong I'd have the Olly from his first sting with us back in a shot. Thse teams were fighters but not so much last year.
Marvellous on 11:46 - Aug 19 with 944 viewsDannyPaddox

Where has this Saint Olly nonsense come from? People who were at the game yesterday said we played equally, if not worse, at Forest and Hull last season. I love him as much as any Rs fan but Holloway wouldn't have made any difference against WBA.

Yes we never got tonked by seven last season. But this season our defence has lost Smithies Ohuoha and Robinson while Hall and Furlong are injured. And who de we have to replace them? Franz Beckenbauer's plumber!

I'm not hanging McLaren after 3 games. He doesn't know who his team is yet. I'll wait and see who he gets in then see what happens.

On Tuesday we need to get behind the team AND the manager.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 11:59]
Marvellous on 11:53 - Aug 19 with 918 viewsPlanetHonneywood

For better or for worse, Steve McClaren is the manager. Like it, lump it but get over it and, for God's sake, let's get on with it!

We don't truly know what was going on for the last several months of Ollie's reign, but we did know this avalanche was coming. We all moaned incessantly about Ollie's inconsistent team selection and management. He was clearly not in a good head-space and frankly, as much as I love him, I did wonder on this site as to how he would cope this season?

The rationale for McClaren was: he could coach and we needed a bloody good coach because we sure as shit did not have a cheque book to get us out of the self-inflicted mire!

Changing manager at this juncture and under the given circumstances, even by our innate ability for calamity and ill-advised choppy-changey management thinking since...well basically forever, is of such mind-numbing stupidity that I am staggered some are suggesting it.

In the words of Freddie Mercury, let us man-the-fcuk up darlings!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Marvellous on 12:13 - Aug 19 with 893 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The problem is the CHANGE of manager, rather than the actual manager.

Keep McClaren even if he takes us down to the Bostick league.

We now need stability for stability sake.
Marvellous on 12:17 - Aug 19 with 886 viewsEsox_Lucius

I wonder how many of those posters now beatifying Holloway posted during and after his two 6 game losing streaks lauding praise and glory on Holloway, blessed be his name.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Marvellous on 12:28 - Aug 19 with 853 views2Thomas2Bowles

Marvellous on 12:17 - Aug 19 by Esox_Lucius

I wonder how many of those posters now beatifying Holloway posted during and after his two 6 game losing streaks lauding praise and glory on Holloway, blessed be his name.

Run of results were not good but did not get hammered, mostly the odd goal, had injured, a few fightbacks , did not give up...

Yesterday, total capitulation FACT

Marvellous on 12:35 - Aug 19 with 833 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Marvellous on 12:13 - Aug 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'll challenge you to find anything more stable than Bostick...'kin fact son!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Marvellous on 12:36 - Aug 19 with 831 views2Thomas2Bowles

And apparently, Steveeee is in a state of shock.. shocked I tell ya, can't explain it

No idea what happened, never saw it coming Shocked!

Prick.

Marvellous on 12:50 - Aug 19 with 801 viewspaulparker

Marvellous on 12:13 - Aug 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Or we actually do our homework and let the DOF interview a dozen candidates rather than just let Tony come up with mclaren because he likes him
Hirst , potter , Ross would have been ideal if we had bothered to interview
But your right on one thing with this current manager and board the bostick glue league is we’re we are heading

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Marvellous on 12:52 - Aug 19 with 798 viewsRs_Holy

Marvellous on 12:17 - Aug 19 by Esox_Lucius

Yes we had bad runs but we also had some good runs.... I remember Clive doing a report during the season when he said something like "its a shame so many fans are staying away because this team deserve more and are playing some great football right now" (or something like that).
I never wanted Ollie sacked even during the bad runs because I felt it was not a great squad with 3 pretty average strikers to pick from.
But he fulfilled his remit of ‘keep us in the Championship’ (which we did pretty comfortably),'offload the last of the crap' and ‘blood as many youngsters as possible’. That for me was what was so wrong... ok it was a bumpy ride at times but thats because it meant (and still means) so much to him.
I also said this year would be tougher and if someone offered me last year’s league position I'd bite his or her arm off! I knew it would be tough and there would be bad days but I did not expect 7-1 defeats.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 12:54]
Marvellous on 12:58 - Aug 19 with 781 viewskensalriser

Every transfer window since we got relegated we've lost one, two or three of our better players and have not, across the whole, replaced them with better quality.

And yet we're still focusing on the manager.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Marvellous on 13:05 - Aug 19 with 767 viewspaulparker

Marvellous on 12:58 - Aug 19 by kensalriser

Every transfer window since we got relegated we've lost one, two or three of our better players and have not, across the whole, replaced them with better quality.

Is that not the job of the DOF and his scouting teams ?
Brentford lose 3 to 4 players a season yet replace them and still Finnish higher than us
Preston do it as well ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Marvellous on 13:12 - Aug 19 with 756 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Marvellous on 12:50 - Aug 19 by paulparker

Or we actually do our homework and let the DOF interview a dozen candidates rather than just let Tony come up with mclaren because he likes him
Hirst , potter , Ross would have been ideal if we had bothered to interview
But your right on one thing with this current manager and board the bostick glue league is we’re we are heading

Hanwell away mate. Local Derby.
Marvellous on 13:15 - Aug 19 with 748 viewsRangersDave

Taking into acount the team and lack of signings and letting go of players either permanently or onloan, added to the fact that we are skint, have not got access to the payable transfer market etc, poor Schteeeeve is on a hiding to nothing.

Did he for instance let the players go?
did he negotiate the last smithies contract that says we get reemed for a low transfer fee?

Or is he having to make do due to the decisions of others?
Thats more a pertinent question.

you cant make a silk purse from a cows ear, thats for sure. But we were truly awful yesterday.
Luckily i was away from the Radio, photographing naked ladies all day until full time, when my son texted me the result and i could not concentrate on the job at hand. Grrrrrrrrr

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Marvellous on 13:54 - Aug 19 with 701 viewsDejR_vu

Marvellous on 13:15 - Aug 19 by RangersDave

Taking into acount the team and lack of signings and letting go of players either permanently or onloan, added to the fact that we are skint, have not got access to the payable transfer market etc, poor Schteeeeve is on a hiding to nothing.

did he negotiate the last smithies contract that says we get reemed for a low transfer fee?

you cant make a silk purse from a cows ear, thats for sure. But we were truly awful yesterday.
Luckily i was away from the Radio, photographing naked ladies all day until full time, when my son texted me the result and i could not concentrate on the job at hand. Grrrrrrrrr

Given what you were doing yesterday why do you even need a hobby, much less one as stressful as QPR?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Marvellous on 13:56 - Aug 19 with 696 viewsHooped_Pullie

Marvellous on 12:58 - Aug 19 by kensalriser

Fair point, but I would say :

'Quality' players in this division are for the Aston Villas and Middlesboroughs - other teams will be looking to compete at the top of our league by finding different ways to win, utilising players that by themselves no-one would chase to sign, but who collectively are more than the sum of their parts. Typically, these teams will be managed by young, progressive managers who are not into the notion that unless you have a team stuffed with sought-after fancy dans you have a nailed-on excuse for failure.

A lot of posts, I notice, are giving Mr MacLaren the benefit of the doubt. If that's how you feel, great, I'm not screaming for the man's head myself. I would though say that in Steve we have a manager with plenty of recent Championship experience (albeit none of it particularly good) who not only went into this job with his eyes wide open, but had the benefit of an entire and complete pre-season with his squad to plot how resources would be maximised in the circumstances. He would also have been aware that he was replacing a true Club man whose results were not considered worthy of leaving him in the job. On that basis, I'm pretty sure the powers that be will be looking at the situation closely. Unless it all turns really ugly on Tuesday and Saturday, I expect he'll be given time. When the judgement is made eventually, however, I for one will not feel the man is being judged unfairly. Que sera sera, and all that.
Marvellous on 14:19 - Aug 19 with 638 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Marvellous on 13:15 - Aug 19 by RangersDave

Did they know they were being photographed?
Marvellous on 14:25 - Aug 19 with 621 viewsRangersDave

lol, oh yes.
2 models and a Tornado F3 fighter.
great sun and threatening skies as a backdrop. i might change my avatar ;-)

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Marvellous on 14:28 - Aug 19 with 614 viewsDejR_vu

Marvellous on 14:25 - Aug 19 by RangersDave

lol, oh yes.
2 models and a Tornado F3 fighter.
great sun and threatening skies as a backdrop. i might change my avatar ;-)

I'm sure my career guidance counsellor at school never mentioned this as an option. I'm certain I would have remembered.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Marvellous on 21:19 - Aug 19 with 487 viewsDorse

Marvellous on 11:46 - Aug 19 by DannyPaddox

Where has this Saint Olly nonsense come from? People who were at the game yesterday said we played equally, if not worse, at Forest and Hull last season. I love him as much as any Rs fan but Holloway wouldn't have made any difference against WBA.

Yes we never got tonked by seven last season. But this season our defence has lost Smithies Ohuoha and Robinson while Hall and Furlong are injured. And who de we have to replace them? Franz Beckenbauer's plumber!

I'm not hanging McLaren after 3 games. He doesn't know who his team is yet. I'll wait and see who he gets in then see what happens.

On Tuesday we need to get behind the team AND the manager.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 11:59]

I'm picturing them all sat on plastic chairs in a circle at the local community centre, getting to know each other:

'Hello, my name is Steve, and it's been two years since my last league win...'
'Hi, Steve...'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024