Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U23 game - trialist 12:46 - Aug 20 with 11340 viewsGloucs_R

Bassong - could this be Sébastien Bassong?

Anyone know the other trialists?

Agyemang - ??
Oduwa - Kelede Nathan Oduwa (born 5 March 1996) is a professional footballer who plays as a winger for Slovenian PrvaLiga club Olimpija Ljubljana and the Nigeria national under-23 team. He has also represented England at under-17, under-18 and under-20 levels.
Paul - ??
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 12:52]

Poll: Are we staying up?

U23 game - trialist on 15:22 - Aug 20 with 2723 viewsBlue_Castello

U23 game - trialist on 13:49 - Aug 20 by Northernr

Bassong was fcking awful five years ago. Baptiste is better than he is.

Precisely the bloke was rejected by Norwich for a good reason, as Clive says Baptiste deserves to start at the moment, he did a good job for us last year covering centre half, i would also be tempted to move Bidwell into the middle but then we can't do that because we have no cover at left back, last season it could have been Manning he did a very good job as cover....
U23 game - trialist on 15:33 - Aug 20 with 2653 viewssmegma

U23 game - trialist on 15:00 - Aug 20 by francisbowles

Smeg

I watched most of it on the stream but what was the starting eleven and what subs were made.

Brzozowski. Felix. Hamalainen. Owens. Phillips. Hall. Oduwa. Agyemang. Oteh. Chair. Shodipo.

Dalling sub for Shodipo 14 mins.

Bassong and Paul were the other subs used, I know Hall played for an hour, Phillips about 30.

3-3 draw. Mad 7 minutes cost us as we went from 2-0 on 55 to 2-3 on 62.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 23:43]
U23 game - trialist on 15:35 - Aug 20 with 2636 viewsvegasranger

I know we we have a lot of trialists through the season but this looks like a bit of desperation. Bassong 32 and hasn't played a game for over a year. The other two lads look like they are working their way through the lower leagues. What happened to our new scouting system?
U23 game - trialist on 16:17 - Aug 20 with 2529 viewsDesertBoot

Didn't we try to sign Bassong several years ago but he chose Norwich over us? Now he's rubbish we've gone``` in for him again.

Wish I could be like David Watts

U23 game - trialist on 16:46 - Aug 20 with 2438 viewsbosh67

I think I played more recently than Bassong. He's not an immediate solution and is a million miles from match fit. That's where we are. Anyone know any regular pub footballers?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

U23 game - trialist on 17:05 - Aug 20 with 2395 viewssmegma

U23 game - trialist on 13:07 - Aug 20 by Hooped_Pullie

Surely we're talking a different Agyemang to our former hero...maybe it's his son ?

Agyemang first name is Montel.

I'm working with Patrick's sister on Thursday, I'll ask if he's a relative.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 10:46]
U23 game - trialist on 17:24 - Aug 20 with 2315 viewssmegma

U23 game - trialist on 15:35 - Aug 20 by vegasranger

I know we we have a lot of trialists through the season but this looks like a bit of desperation. Bassong 32 and hasn't played a game for over a year. The other two lads look like they are working their way through the lower leagues. What happened to our new scouting system?

We've used 21 players in the first two under 23 league games so far. I got abuse for speaking of the unfathomable amount of players we used in the under 23s last season, which was in the mid 80s.

Of the 21 FIVE have been trial lists, including Chris Paul who the club released in the summer after 2 seasons.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 18:43]
U23 game - trialist on 18:44 - Aug 20 with 2197 viewssmegma

I hope this link works
Login to get fewer ads

U23 game - trialist on 19:07 - Aug 20 with 2146 viewsrichranger

Chris Paul was released - but is training with us until he finds a new club. Even more strange that he got a game with the U23s
U23 game - trialist on 20:32 - Aug 20 with 2045 viewsfrancisbowles

U23 game - trialist on 15:33 - Aug 20 by smegma

Brzozowski. Felix. Hamalainen. Owens. Phillips. Hall. Oduwa. Agyemang. Oteh. Chair. Shodipo.

Dalling sub for Shodipo 14 mins.

Bassong and Paul were the other subs used, I know Hall played for an hour, Phillips about 30.

3-3 draw. Mad 7 minutes cost us as we went from 2-0 on 55 to 2-3 on 62.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 23:43]

Thanks Smeg.

It was quite difficult working out who was who. I did notice Forest were pressing us high in the second half making it difficult to play out from the back. Seemed like some of these lads were more comfortable doing it than the first team though.
U23 game - trialist on 21:34 - Aug 20 with 1977 viewssmegma

U23 game - trialist on 20:32 - Aug 20 by francisbowles

Thanks Smeg.

It was quite difficult working out who was who. I did notice Forest were pressing us high in the second half making it difficult to play out from the back. Seemed like some of these lads were more comfortable doing it than the first team though.

Every club will suss the 'passing it short from goal kicks' scenario though.
U23 game - trialist on 22:00 - Aug 20 with 1921 views1JD

U23 game - trialist on 17:24 - Aug 20 by smegma

We've used 21 players in the first two under 23 league games so far. I got abuse for speaking of the unfathomable amount of players we used in the under 23s last season, which was in the mid 80s.

Of the 21 FIVE have been trial lists, including Chris Paul who the club released in the summer after 2 seasons.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 18:43]

You got asked to explain why using so many young players was such a crime, especially in light of the fact the system was working and delivering first team players. You were unable to explain your logic and still are, other than using x players means something must be wrong.

Ben Wells - on trial from west ham, for which you had such a problem with... we since signed on a permanent. Go figure. Glad you are not in charge and watching from the stands otherwise we’d never be signing players from other clubs.... which if you haven’t already noticed is where Eze, Oteh, Chair, Smyth, and the next batch of unknowns, will come likely from.

Trialing players from other clubs is part and parcel of a successful youth strategy. There is no rule book which states X amount of numbers must be used in a given season. Change the record.
U23 game - trialist on 22:31 - Aug 20 with 1856 viewssmegma

U23 game - trialist on 22:00 - Aug 20 by 1JD

You got asked to explain why using so many young players was such a crime, especially in light of the fact the system was working and delivering first team players. You were unable to explain your logic and still are, other than using x players means something must be wrong.

Ben Wells - on trial from west ham, for which you had such a problem with... we since signed on a permanent. Go figure. Glad you are not in charge and watching from the stands otherwise we’d never be signing players from other clubs.... which if you haven’t already noticed is where Eze, Oteh, Chair, Smyth, and the next batch of unknowns, will come likely from.

Trialing players from other clubs is part and parcel of a successful youth strategy. There is no rule book which states X amount of numbers must be used in a given season. Change the record.

And Ben Wells appears to have disappeared.

As has the Chelsea triallist who scored on his debut. Can't be 'what we're looking for' to paraphrase Stuart Houston, the football genius.
U23 game - trialist on 23:17 - Aug 20 with 1768 viewsoldmisery

U23 game - trialist on 22:31 - Aug 20 by smegma

As has the Chelsea triallist who scored on his debut. Can't be 'what we're looking for' to paraphrase Stuart Houston, the football genius.

You're not referring to Paulo Wanchope by any chance?
U23 game - trialist on 23:49 - Aug 20 with 1726 viewssmegma

U23 game - trialist on 13:43 - Aug 20 by Gloucs_R

Anyone know who the two big black lads are? Both have longer styled hair. Number 7 is one, cant make out the other number.

7 with the long hair and the taller one was Oduwa. 8 with very short hair and stocky was Agyemang . Both played well as did Bassong. I couldn't care less if he was 'crap' years ago or yesterday, we can only judge him in hoops.
I said in the first 15 minutes 'we've got goals in this team'. Shodipo pulled up after 10 minutes and immediately held his hip. He was replaced on 14 minutes. A shame as he showed glimpses of his past.
U23 game - trialist on 03:02 - Aug 21 with 1687 viewsPlanetHonneywood

U23 game - trialist on 21:34 - Aug 20 by smegma

Every club will suss the 'passing it short from goal kicks' scenario though.

Especially if we pass it directly to them!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

U23 game - trialist on 04:02 - Aug 21 with 1671 viewsozranger

U23 game - trialist on 23:49 - Aug 20 by smegma

7 with the long hair and the taller one was Oduwa. 8 with very short hair and stocky was Agyemang . Both played well as did Bassong. I couldn't care less if he was 'crap' years ago or yesterday, we can only judge him in hoops.
I said in the first 15 minutes 'we've got goals in this team'. Shodipo pulled up after 10 minutes and immediately held his hip. He was replaced on 14 minutes. A shame as he showed glimpses of his past.

I watched about 15 mins late last night here in Oz. I saw Forest's 2nd and 3rd goals. While I did not see the rest, Oduwa was fully to blame for the second. Not only did he lose the ball but he also did not follow his man into the box who then scored.In fact, he just stood at the edge of the penalty box, watching. That was pathetic. However, as smeg says, he played well. So, hopefully this was just an aberration. He also tended to leap around very much like Sylla.
U23 game - trialist on 06:25 - Aug 21 with 1639 viewsdistortR

U23 game - trialist on 22:31 - Aug 20 by smegma

signed omar ali as a centre back, no sign of him but chris paul as a trialist? is ali injured?
U23 game - trialist on 08:34 - Aug 21 with 1558 viewsGloucs_R

I thought Bassong looked poor Smegma.....his positioning was out and his passing was off. Looked exactly what he was, a player who hadnt played for a year.

Any idea what happend to the West Ham lad then? Wasnt he their Captain? Has he played at all?

Poll: Are we staying up?

U23 game - trialist on 08:34 - Aug 21 with 1558 viewsfrancisbowles

U23 game - trialist on 06:25 - Aug 21 by distortR

signed omar ali as a centre back, no sign of him but chris paul as a trialist? is ali injured?

After the way our cbs played on Saturday...….could he be in tonight's squad?
U23 game - trialist on 09:25 - Aug 21 with 1515 viewsrunningman75

U23 game - trialist on 17:05 - Aug 20 by smegma

Agyemang first name is Montel.

I'm working with Patrick's sister on Thursday, I'll ask if he's a relative.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 10:46]

If he is a relative can we call him Dave?
U23 game - trialist on 10:41 - Aug 21 with 1465 viewssmegma

U23 game - trialist on 09:25 - Aug 21 by runningman75

If he is a relative can we call him Dave?

I don't think he's a relative. According to wiki he's on the books of Wealdstone.
U23 game - trialist on 10:51 - Aug 21 with 1432 viewssmegma

U23 game - trialist on 13:29 - Aug 20 by aston_hoop

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-bassong-qpr-updated#.W3qxfAerOFk.fa

During the mad 8 minute spell when we conceded 3 goals, Bassong was arguing with the referee constantly. He felt he was fouled in the lead up to the second goal (I think?). You couldn't hear what was being said but then the referee shut him up by shouting 'you got a club yet?'. To be fair the referee should've booked him as he was pointing in his face for over a minute which was very confrontational. As soon as he calmed down, our play improved.
U23 game - trialist on 10:57 - Aug 21 with 1418 viewssmegma

U23 game - trialist on 23:17 - Aug 20 by oldmisery

You're not referring to Paulo Wanchope by any chance?

The very same.
U23 game - trialist on 12:54 - Aug 21 with 1355 viewsR_from_afar

U23 game - trialist on 13:39 - Aug 20 by Hayesender

This is just desperate

Bassong does seem like a long shot but:
- We are not a very appealing prospect, are we?
- We are at least checking him out before signing him
- We took Richard Dunne when he had been out injured for a year and seemed finished, and that worked out well for us.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024