Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sylla To Blackburn 14:35 - Aug 24 with 5602 viewsHoops1975

Word from an insider .....
Sylla To Blackburn on 14:36 - Aug 24 with 4110 viewsmakaveli1882

Dave Mac just posted that too
Sylla To Blackburn on 14:40 - Aug 24 with 4067 viewsbeanofire1

Tomato or Brown?

I wouldn't mind so much, but what with Manning being MOTM for Rotherham, and now another Championship side wanting one of our players, aren't we being a little naive?

'I knw I ain't doing much........but doing nothing means a lot to me.'

Sylla To Blackburn on 14:44 - Aug 24 with 4028 viewsSimonJames

I'd (marginally) sooner keep Sylla than Smith, but I guess if we want more loan defenders then we need to lend out anyone other clubs are prepared to take - shame it's not Washington.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Sylla To Blackburn on 14:45 - Aug 24 with 4015 viewsmakaveli1882

Sylla To Blackburn on 14:40 - Aug 24 by beanofire1

Tomato or Brown?

I wouldn't mind so much, but what with Manning being MOTM for Rotherham, and now another Championship side wanting one of our players, aren't we being a little naive?

Think he has a 1 in 3 record roughly, 40 games divided 3 = 14 goals

If he stays fit and plays, but yet another team who could be rival, rather he went back to France or somewhere.
Sylla To Blackburn on 14:52 - Aug 24 with 3923 views2Thomas2Bowles

Never rated him far too lazy, wants to stand on the goal line for a tap-in.

Has anyone told him how cold it gets up there? hope he has his gloves and tights.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Sylla To Blackburn on 14:53 - Aug 24 with 3922 viewsbeanofire1

Sylla To Blackburn on 14:45 - Aug 24 by makaveli1882

Think he has a 1 in 3 record roughly, 40 games divided 3 = 14 goals

If he stays fit and plays, but yet another team who could be rival, rather he went back to France or somewhere.

Agreed.

We do tend to shoot ourselves in the foot. To let Washo go would be a better bet.

'I knw I ain't doing much........but doing nothing means a lot to me.'

Sylla To Blackburn on 14:54 - Aug 24 with 3906 views08olesen

Would rather keep him than Smith or Washington. I think he actually has the most ability out of the three but he is a bit sluggish around the pitch, so not the sort of lad you want in a relegation scrap.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Sylla To Blackburn on 14:56 - Aug 24 with 3883 views2Thomas2Bowles

Hopefully, CW is one his way out as well.

Login to get fewer ads

Sylla To Blackburn on 14:59 - Aug 24 with 3854 viewspaulparker

I still think this lad can be coached into being a good striker , again isn't that why we bought in this master coach McLaren to do ? if gary madine can fetch 6 million then Sylla has a chance surely

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sylla To Blackburn on 15:06 - Aug 24 with 3799 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Sylla To Blackburn on 14:59 - Aug 24 by paulparker

I still think this lad can be coached into being a good striker , again isn't that why we bought in this master coach McLaren to do ? if gary madine can fetch 6 million then Sylla has a chance surely

You can't coach a work ethic into someone. He's bone idle lazy. And I know a thing or two about being lazy lol.
Sylla To Blackburn on 15:09 - Aug 24 with 3776 views2Thomas2Bowles

Sylla To Blackburn on 15:06 - Aug 24 by dodge_stoke_r

You can't coach a work ethic into someone. He's bone idle lazy. And I know a thing or two about being lazy lol.

Sylla To Blackburn on 15:22 - Aug 24 with 3680 viewspaulparker

he still scores goals , and yet again we are loaning a player to a relegation rival

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sylla To Blackburn on 15:23 - Aug 24 with 3675 viewsdannyblue

As I said somewhere else, Sylla is the kind of player a savvy club could play around and then sell to a naive club for £15m.

He'd score a bucket load for a team that was good enough to have possession and could put decent balls in the box. Then someone would stump up the cash who didn't watch him more than twice but just thought: great scoring record, good chest hold up game, 6'2, Belgian coaching heritage, international experience, peak age with resale value.

As it is they know we'll pretty much take anything for him. Another missed opportunity. I don't know if he'll succeed at Blackburn but he would at someone like, dare I say it, Brentford.
Sylla To Blackburn on 15:36 - Aug 24 with 3573 viewsWestbourneR

I don’t think he’s lazy, he works plenty hard enough and has good chest control for a hold up game.

But his stop start career here has affected him and McLaren clearly doesn’t fancy him.

His technique is atrocious

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Sylla To Blackburn on 15:44 - Aug 24 with 3510 viewsaston_hoop

Knowing our luck, he'd get to Blackburn and do exactly what Rudy Gestede did when he got there and suddenly become a top striker. But then is he going to get much game time this season with Hemed and Wells in and presumably Smith as plan B ahead of him?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Sylla To Blackburn on 15:47 - Aug 24 with 3482 viewsSimonJames

Historically speaking... Championship stats:

Sylla: Games=61, Goals=18, Minutes Per Goal=165
Hemed: Games=81, Goals=28, Minutes Per Goal=180
Smith: Games=154, Goals=36, Minutes Per Goal=206
Wells: Games=144, Goals=45, Minutes Per Goal=235

(Past performance is not necessarily an indicator of future performance)

100% of people who drink water will die.

Sylla To Blackburn on 15:49 - Aug 24 with 3463 viewsJamesB1979

Sylla To Blackburn on 15:47 - Aug 24 by SimonJames

Historically speaking... Championship stats:

Sylla: Games=61, Goals=18, Minutes Per Goal=165
Hemed: Games=81, Goals=28, Minutes Per Goal=180
Smith: Games=154, Goals=36, Minutes Per Goal=206
Wells: Games=144, Goals=45, Minutes Per Goal=235

(Past performance is not necessarily an indicator of future performance)

Be interested to know his record in his last 20 games.
Sylla To Blackburn on 15:51 - Aug 24 with 3454 viewsRs_Holy

We all know he can score... it’s what else he contributes that’s in question! Let’s see if the 2 new chaps bring more than just goals?
Sylla To Blackburn on 15:59 - Aug 24 with 3375 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Sylla To Blackburn on 15:22 - Aug 24 by paulparker

he still scores goals , and yet again we are loaning a player to a relegation rival

Not really. He has about 14 from about 50 odd games for us (about 1 in 4} Ok, not bad but not really very good either. Maybe averaging 10/11 per season. Yes a lot have been from the bench . But when he is given a chance to start of games, his performances have ranged by and large some where between anonymously awful to just about average.
Sylla To Blackburn on 16:00 - Aug 24 with 3370 viewsdaveB

Sylla To Blackburn on 15:49 - Aug 24 by JamesB1979

Be interested to know his record in his last 20 games.

he had 3 goals in his last 20 although a lot of them were as sub
Sylla To Blackburn on 16:03 - Aug 24 with 3346 viewsAntti_Heinola

he's really not.

Bare bones.

Sylla To Blackburn on 16:11 - Aug 24 with 3289 viewsflynnbo

As posters on here will know, I have always rated Sylla and can't recall Lineker tracking back that often tbh nor our Stan or Rodney for that matter. Remember Ian Wright criticising Kane last year for doing just that and he then aggravated an injury. Keep him, coach him and give him a run of games. I'd use Smith as an impact sub and or sell/loan him and CW. Sylla is our player, no signing on fee to pay, no transfer fee to pay and not, I'd imagine, on astronomical wages. Furthermore, he does seem to care. We have a habit of letting our players go who are then properly coached and come back to haunt us.
Sylla To Blackburn on 16:16 - Aug 24 with 3260 viewsstevec

Look, if he drags them into the relegation zone, job done.
Sylla To Blackburn on 18:58 - Aug 24 with 2897 viewstraininvain

Sylla To Blackburn on 14:52 - Aug 24 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Never rated him far too lazy, wants to stand on the goal line for a tap-in.

Has anyone told him how cold it gets up there? hope he has his gloves and tights.

Just out of curiosity, how many times have you seen Sylla play at a game you have actually attended?
Sylla To Blackburn on 19:07 - Aug 24 with 2840 viewsEsox_Lucius

Sylla To Blackburn on 18:58 - Aug 24 by traininvain

Just out of curiosity, how many times have you seen Sylla play at a game you have actually attended?

I don't think he is talking about Sylla from his description. TBH.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024