Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ticket sales for Tuesday 13:24 - Aug 25 with 7250 viewsHayesender

So far, 1,200 home tickets sold.

Bristol Rovers have sold 1,700.

Maybe we should give them the home end

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ticket sales for Tuesday on 12:17 - Aug 28 with 2033 viewsDavieQPR

Ticket sales for Tuesday on 11:46 - Aug 28 by smegma

And yesterday I paid £9 to watch Egham Town on the most dreadful football pitch this side of Cockfosters.

It's the booking fee that puts me off plus travelling down only to find Washington
and co playing.
Ticket sales for Tuesday on 12:47 - Aug 28 with 1947 viewsHadders

Ticket sales for Tuesday on 12:17 - Aug 28 by DavieQPR

It's the booking fee that puts me off plus travelling down only to find Washington
and co playing.

I am only going because I have old friends from Bristol who have come up for the match - a whole family, and we're meeting before the game. I will be sitting alone among empty seats in SAR but it will probably be a great atmosphere in their end.
Ticket sales for Tuesday on 12:51 - Aug 28 with 1938 viewsRblockPrior

I don't buy this the tickets are not cheap enough lark, I have paid £15 for 4 tickets!!! 1 adult, a 19 year old, 10 year old and a 9 year old. How much cheaper do people want it! People are just using that as an excuse

Our support is very limited these days and we have a very small fan base that is the issue

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Ticket sales for Tuesday on 13:23 - Aug 28 with 1850 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Ticket sales for Tuesday on 12:51 - Aug 28 by RblockPrior

I don't buy this the tickets are not cheap enough lark, I have paid £15 for 4 tickets!!! 1 adult, a 19 year old, 10 year old and a 9 year old. How much cheaper do people want it! People are just using that as an excuse

Our support is very limited these days and we have a very small fan base that is the issue

The fanbase hasn't changed that much. What's changed is the proportion of the fanbase which goes to each match. At the Bristol City game I doubt if there were many more than 9,000 there with most of the rest of the supposed attendance figure 11,739 season ticket holders who didn't bother to turn up.

People live all over. Does £10 or £5 really make that much difference compared to travel and other costs?

Fans have got wise to the fact that the team put out by almost all clubs is likely to be significantly different to a first eleven. In many cases there are 8 or 9 changes. It's a squad game. Managers have to give squad players some motivation and a chance to force their way into the team. It also gives a chance for players to recover from minor knocks. So, all in all, watching cup games has often become a frustrating and low quality experience for fans. One they have learnt to dodge.
Ticket sales for Tuesday on 13:23 - Aug 28 with 1844 viewsrunningman75

Due to work and holiday this is the first game I am able to make this season so looking forward to going to HQ tonight.
Ticket sales for Tuesday on 13:25 - Aug 28 with 1830 viewsToast_R

I think the issue is that people (myself included) just can't be arsed with it.
Ticket sales for Tuesday on 13:46 - Aug 28 with 1774 viewsFDC

Ticket sales for Tuesday on 12:17 - Aug 28 by DavieQPR

and co playing.

Dear Mr Hoos

I am writing to express my anger and disappointment. Having paid for my ticket plus booking fee, I travelled to Loftus Road on Tuesday night only to find QPR playing. QP-Bloody-R!
Ticket sales for Tuesday on 13:59 - Aug 28 with 1730 views1MoreBrightonR

Its also probably a lot of people like me...i just wont pay anything to watch us in an early round cup game. We nearly always lose and barely perform. You get to watch a team reserve players in front of a few thousand people. It just doesnt tick many of the reasons as to why i go to every league game.
Login to get fewer ads

Ticket sales for Tuesday on 14:06 - Aug 28 with 1704 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I paid £10 to see Dulwich Hamlet 2/3 years ago.

The last league cup game I went to was vs Man City. SWP ripping us a new one and David Seaman saying goodbye to LR.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Ticket sales for Tuesday on 14:39 - Aug 28 with 1616 viewstimcocking

Ticket sales for Tuesday on 13:46 - Aug 25 by Hayesender

Correct

Also, our record has been so abysmal in cups. We all know how bad it's been. What is it, 1 win in 200 cup games? So to me at least, cups don't even exist on the football calendar any more. I just can't bear the constant disappointment of them and prefer to pretend they aren't real.
Ticket sales for Tuesday on 14:50 - Aug 28 with 1575 viewsFDC

Ticket sales for Tuesday on 14:39 - Aug 28 by timcocking

Also, our record has been so abysmal in cups. We all know how bad it's been. What is it, 1 win in 200 cup games? So to me at least, cups don't even exist on the football calendar any more. I just can't bear the constant disappointment of them and prefer to pretend they aren't real.

"1 win in 200 cup games"

I mean, we've won 3 of the last 7 cup games we've played
Ticket sales for Tuesday on 15:03 - Aug 28 with 1546 viewssmegma

I can't remember the last time I missed a home cup tie.
Ticket sales for Tuesday on 15:09 - Aug 28 with 1530 viewsCliff

Ticket sales for Tuesday on 14:50 - Aug 28 by FDC

"1 win in 200 cup games"

Well that just goes to show we can must have lost all of the preceding 593 games then.
Ticket sales for Tuesday on 15:15 - Aug 28 with 1493 viewskensalriser

That's good for you, but if I want to buy one today it's £18.50.

Edit: just had a look at the website and there's no info at all on whether it's possible to walk up and buy a ticket after 5pm when the box office closes.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 15:33]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ticket sales for Tuesday on 16:52 - Aug 28 with 1353 viewsWatfordR

Have to say, I think the reason for supporters' apathy for cup games lies fairly and squarely with the clubs over the last 15-20 years, using the cop out of prioritising the league and putting out teams that have "couldn't care less" written all over them.

Unfair to blame the fans when they finally get the message.
Ticket sales for Tuesday on 18:42 - Aug 28 with 1178 viewsBoston

Interestingly, to me anyway, Fulham and Brentford are also playing at home this evening. Attendance figures shall be noted.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ticket sales for Tuesday on 18:57 - Aug 28 with 1149 viewsPinnerPaul

11, yes that's 11, changes rather proves a few above correct!
Ticket sales for Tuesday on 23:15 - Aug 28 with 1009 viewssmegma

Ticket sales for Tuesday on 14:50 - Aug 28 by FDC

"1 win in 200 cup games"

Now 4 out of last 8.

Like I said the other day, if we go further in the Cup there will be people moaning they can't get a ticket if we draw a premier league club at home.
Ticket sales for Tuesday on 07:57 - Aug 29 with 893 viewsWatford_Ranger

Ticket sales for Tuesday on 15:15 - Aug 28 by kensalriser

That's good for you, but if I want to buy one today it's £18.50.

Edit: just had a look at the website and there's no info at all on whether it's possible to walk up and buy a ticket after 5pm when the box office closes.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 15:33]

It’s open until KO on match days. Always has been I think. I bought a Peterborough ticket on the night.
Ticket sales for Tuesday on 08:07 - Aug 29 with 878 viewsJamesB1979

Ticket sales for Tuesday on 18:57 - Aug 28 by PinnerPaul

11, yes that's 11, changes rather proves a few above correct!

4k for last round and we only changed the goalie
5k for this round and we changed 11.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024