Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sylla to go on loan 10:18 - Aug 29 with 7868 viewsbosh67

Feel for the guy. Definitely miles better than Washington and if fed correctly in the area he can score goals. Popular with his team mates but for some reason not with managers.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sylla to go on loan on 11:31 - Aug 29 with 6760 viewsisawqpratwcity

Agreed, but maybe no-one's asked for Washington.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Sylla to go on loan on 11:37 - Aug 29 with 6743 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-trying-to-offload-striker-sylla

McClaren doesn't say it for definite in this article, but it seems possible.

I'd prefer he went out on loan than Smyth, who's thankfully going nowhere. I've never really rated Sylla's work rate or all-round game. I think he's a decent enough goalscorer but we carry him in all-round play. Would be preferable to keep him but if we need the wages off our books then so be it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sylla to go on loan on 11:57 - Aug 29 with 6677 viewsMedwayR

Now that we have Hemed and Wells someone was going to leave and Sylla or Washington were most likely, I wouldn't really mind seeing both go but given a choice I'd rather see Washington go, at least Sylla can score.

Poll: Who’s better?

Sylla to go on loan on 12:22 - Aug 29 with 6581 viewsrobith

I really like Sylla, but my understanding is we need to shift one of the strikers on loan to be able to bring in another defender
Sylla to go on loan on 14:39 - Aug 29 with 6334 viewssmegma

Sylla to go on loan on 11:31 - Aug 29 by isawqpratwcity

Agreed, but maybe no-one's asked for Washington.

He'd struggle at North Greenford United.
Sylla to go on loan on 15:23 - Aug 29 with 6208 viewsisawqpratwcity

Sylla to go on loan on 14:39 - Aug 29 by smegma

But would he?

The bloke gets pelters on here and probably everywhere but keeps coming back for more. Maybe he should request a loan to L1 or L2 just so he can bang a few in and get his confidence up.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Sylla to go on loan on 15:30 - Aug 29 with 6190 viewsJacksDad

Sylla to go on loan on 15:23 - Aug 29 by isawqpratwcity

But would he?

The bloke gets pelters on here and probably everywhere but keeps coming back for more. Maybe he should request a loan to L1 or L2 just so he can bang a few in and get his confidence up.

Bless as much as I would love to see Conor turn it around .. watching him again versus poor Div 1 defenders last night he just does not have the skills ... running around like a headless chicken showing commitment absolutely.. anything that displays an ability to play football .. it just aint there
Sylla to go on loan on 15:36 - Aug 29 with 6170 viewsflynnbo

Shame if he does go. Some people do have some strange views on what constitutes a striker at our club. Been spoiled by some we've had in the past, I suppose.
Login to get fewer ads

Sylla to go on loan on 15:52 - Aug 29 with 6095 viewssmegma

Sylla to go on loan on 15:36 - Aug 29 by flynnbo

Shame if he does go. Some people do have some strange views on what constitutes a striker at our club. Been spoiled by some we've had in the past, I suppose.

WHats strange about people stating the bloody obvious. Conor is struggling and has been for the past 12 months.
Sylla to go on loan on 15:55 - Aug 29 with 6081 viewscolinallcars

Sylla to go on loan on 15:30 - Aug 29 by JacksDad

Bless as much as I would love to see Conor turn it around .. watching him again versus poor Div 1 defenders last night he just does not have the skills ... running around like a headless chicken showing commitment absolutely.. anything that displays an ability to play football .. it just aint there

Somebody put up a youtube clip of Conor at Posh and he looked really good ( at that level ). I know highlights can be misleading, just ask Match of the Day, but he seems to have ability, although heaven knows, we've seen little of it. Let Sylla go on loan if need be.
Sylla to go on loan on 19:40 - Aug 29 with 5868 viewsHunterhoop

Bizarrely, I think there is logic here.

Open qn, I think Sylla is better than Wash.

But, in our “new” system of 442, with a front combo of Hemed and Wells, who are your back ups?

It’s Smith for Hemed and Wash for Wells. Physicality and work rate. Sylla fits in neither.

I’d argue Smyth is the best like for like to Wells, but the coaching staff don’t buy that!
Sylla to go on loan on 20:28 - Aug 29 with 5708 viewsCiderwithRsie

Quite happy with this.

I'd rather Washington went but it's obvious the reason for that is exactly why no-one would want him. Also pretty clear we can't afford the wages of all these players

Sylla's had a great goals per minute ratio but not much else really (and even that doesn't seem so great when he gets the whole game). I still don't know why Wash started so much more often than him or really why we bought Smith* when we had Sylla, but Hemed and Wells are clearly going to be ahead of him and after them I'd want players like Eze, Smyth or even Oteh ahead of him as they offer something different and are ones for the future.

*Both probably down to workrate tbh
Sylla to go on loan on 20:29 - Aug 29 with 5707 viewsjonno

Sylla to go on loan on 12:22 - Aug 29 by robith

I really like Sylla, but my understanding is we need to shift one of the strikers on loan to be able to bring in another defender

That sounds likely, and I would imagine Sylla is more likely to wanted by another Club than Washington. Not that bothered, as long as we can bring in a decent CB.
Sylla to go on loan on 20:38 - Aug 29 with 5672 viewsWatford_Ranger

Nearly 28 so in his prime but probably as good as he can be and relatively big wages.

Genuinely awful outside the box. Can’t say I’ll miss the guy.
Sylla to go on loan on 20:44 - Aug 29 with 5644 viewsgigiisourgod

Sylla to go on loan on 19:40 - Aug 29 by Hunterhoop

Bizarrely, I think there is logic here.

Open qn, I think Sylla is better than Wash.

But, in our “new” system of 442, with a front combo of Hemed and Wells, who are your back ups?

It’s Smith for Hemed and Wash for Wells. Physicality and work rate. Sylla fits in neither.

I’d argue Smyth is the best like for like to Wells, but the coaching staff don’t buy that!

I’d keep all 5. Sylla is (I think) a goal scorer
Sylla to go on loan on 22:34 - Aug 29 with 5498 viewsNortholt_Rs

Sylla to go on loan on 14:39 - Aug 29 by smegma

Washington is gash.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Sylla to go on loan on 22:38 - Aug 29 with 5480 viewsLblock

There can surely not be a club out there stoopid enuff to take Toshington on loan?

Even the toxic dumping ground of Turkey would take him.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:37 - Aug 29 with 5370 views1JD

Sylla to go on loan on 20:38 - Aug 29 by Watford_Ranger

Nearly 28 so in his prime but probably as good as he can be and relatively big wages.

Genuinely awful outside the box. Can’t say I’ll miss the guy.

Could easily be referring to Smith here! Apart from the last bit - he would be missed as he is a useful Plan B.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2018 23:43]
Sylla to go on loan on 00:05 - Aug 30 with 5306 viewsMistication92

I'd rather have Sylla than Washington every day of the week!

Surely there must be some L2/Conference side that we could offload Washington to? Do some kind of BOGOF offer with Oteh. You can have Oteh on loan, but you have to take Washington as well. You're under no obligation to play him, just let him run around a lot in training and let him tire himself out. Like an unwanted puppy or baby.
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:11 - Aug 30 with 5133 viewsWatford_Ranger

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:37 - Aug 29 by 1JD

Could easily be referring to Smith here! Apart from the last bit - he would be missed as he is a useful Plan B.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2018 23:43]

Smith is effective though, particularly when chasing a game.
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:17 - Aug 30 with 4972 views1JD

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:11 - Aug 30 by Watford_Ranger

Smith is effective though, particularly when chasing a game.

To be fair, so is Sylla. 17 goals, 55 appearances - half as sub. That’s 1 in 3 ratio.

The problem is they both are awful outside the box and that severely hampers the rest of the team.
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:22 - Aug 30 with 4946 viewsbosh67

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:17 - Aug 30 by 1JD

To be fair, so is Sylla. 17 goals, 55 appearances - half as sub. That’s 1 in 3 ratio.

The problem is they both are awful outside the box and that severely hampers the rest of the team.

But this has always been my grief with successive managers. Get players like Sylla and Smith running into the box and get wingers crossing to them. Both score in the box. Lineker only scored in the box. It's not rocket science.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:42 - Aug 30 with 4832 views1JD

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:22 - Aug 30 by bosh67

But this has always been my grief with successive managers. Get players like Sylla and Smith running into the box and get wingers crossing to them. Both score in the box. Lineker only scored in the box. It's not rocket science.

Bosh, a fair point when we have the ball (and a strategy I agree with) but you also have to consider how this works when we don’t have the ball. And essentially it doesn’t - and that’s why having neither Sylla or Smith in the team works long-term. And it’s been too long now.

Entirely noticeable against Wigan how having 2 mobile strikers up front (along with better ball retention) stopped Wigan from playing their usual passing game, whilst also enabling us to press higher, naturally pushing them back and enabling us to build play in the final third - at long last.

The net result is by being better off the ball provides the platform to become better on it.
Sylla to go on loan on 12:44 - Aug 30 with 4672 viewsderbyhoop

Old, old maxim.

You can only get rid of players (sale or loan) if somebody else wants them.

With the arrival of Wells and Hemed, we don't need all of Smith, Washington, Sylla nor Oteh. Given the choice of those 4 who do you think other clubs will want?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Sylla to go on loan on 12:54 - Aug 30 with 4641 viewsWestbourneR

I'm trying to remember the last time someone put a decent cross in for Sylla to attack in the air. He's an awesome header of the ball.

With the right service he scores. He's also very good at taking down long balls and playing it off simple.

Useful, in short.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024