Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze 19:43 - Sep 22 with 3615 viewsPetros

Ok this is really doing my head in. Is there ANYONE on this board who thinks Exe is a right midfield player?
Eze on 19:45 - Sep 22 with 3593 viewsplasmahoop

I think he can be yes
Eze on 19:50 - Sep 22 with 3537 viewsGroveR

Eze on 19:45 - Sep 22 by plasmahoop

I think he can be yes

Right, centre, left - anyone will struggle with balls at chin height, even my ex missus who could handle balls from any angle.
Eze on 20:02 - Sep 22 with 3444 viewsFaurlinho

Much more effective behind the striker(s). Wasted tonight.
Eze on 20:03 - Sep 22 with 3433 viewsaston_hoop

For me, has to play behind either Wells or Hemed. BOS out wide. we looked stronger that way

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Eze on 20:30 - Sep 22 with 3325 viewsStanisgod

Eze on 20:03 - Sep 22 by aston_hoop

For me, has to play behind either Wells or Hemed. BOS out wide. we looked stronger that way

Shouldn't have changed formation from Wednesday.
Norwich just a p@ss poor as Millwall, Five minutes before the goal I was screaming for mclaren to do that change, anyone with half a football brain could see it wasnt working as it was. Why does it take going behind to do what's obvious.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Eze on 21:13 - Sep 22 with 3126 viewsTripleR

Eze on 20:02 - Sep 22 by Faurlinho

Much more effective behind the striker(s). Wasted tonight.

Exactly my thoughts, he's wasted out wide, he had a poor game tonight.
Eze on 21:30 - Sep 22 with 3056 viewsbosh67

The kid is a playmaker like Adel. I remember them doing this sometimes with Adel and he just faded. We never learn.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Eze on 21:33 - Sep 22 with 3035 viewsDeepcutHoop

Not much room for him where he can be most effective with two up front.

We've been demanding we abandon the lone striker , and got two decent pros in up top. It would appear to be how McLaren wants us to play.

The Millwall game timing forced him into his stronger role by necessity.
Login to get fewer ads

Eze on 21:35 - Sep 22 with 3025 views08olesen

I think some difficult choices needed to be made. I dont think you can get away with playing two up top and eze and freeman on the wings against good passing teams. I think we should be giving BOS or Pav more of a chance, but then it means leaving one of the four out. Glad it is not my choice.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Eze on 21:40 - Sep 22 with 3003 viewsEsox_Lucius

I posted elsewhere about this but, IMO, after 15-20 mins I would have hooked Hemed who was ineffective, moved Eze behind Wells and put BOS wide right to both create chances and cover the runs of Lewis who had way too much pace for Ebere. Second half I would have hooked Baptiste and replaced him with Pawel for similar reasons.
Wells & Lynch come out of today with some credit and Freeman close behind.

The grass is always greener.

Eze on 07:04 - Sep 23 with 2593 viewsBushRanger82

I would give Eze a crack in goal.
Think we're missing out on one hell of a goalkeeper here.
Eze on 09:01 - Sep 23 with 2367 viewsPinnerPaul

Well we've won with him in both positions.

Also, & it happens with all players obviously, he had a poor game tonight.

Now, IF and for me its still a huge IF, lit up in neon, he IS going to be a top PL player then, playing in a slightly different position, is not an excuse for having a poor game - wrong decision making, giving the ball away etc.

Not having a go at him per se se, but to lay all the blame for a poor performance on his position is nonsense.
Eze on 09:22 - Sep 23 with 2303 viewsRangersw12

Eze on 09:01 - Sep 23 by PinnerPaul

Now, IF and for me its still a huge IF, lit up in neon, he IS going to be a top PL player then, playing in a slightly different position, is not an excuse for having a poor game - wrong decision making, giving the ball away etc.

Not having a go at him per se se, but to lay all the blame for a poor performance on his position is nonsense.

We've been relatively poor all season playing 442 the best we've played all season was on Wednesday night which was 4231

McClaren tinkered for no reason and even went back to trying to play out from the back even when it's been proven we can't do it when teams press us

Its a massive shame as like other's I was hoping we had turned the corner and would go on a bit of run

Also this teams seems to accept defeat as soon as we concede which is worrying
Eze on 09:23 - Sep 23 with 2297 viewstimcocking

not ideally
Eze on 09:24 - Sep 23 with 2297 viewsstevec

Eze on 09:01 - Sep 23 by PinnerPaul

Eze has potential for sure, but this wasn’t a game for back flicks, he gave up the ball far too often.

Long term we have to sort out the right back position. Baptiste and Leinster cannot run and both end up dropping deeper and deeper. Their winger should have been marked tight, instead Baptiste had to stand off to avoid a chase. Eze gets dragged further back and at that point the whole team looks unbalanced.

I had faith in McClaren but why he did nothing to solve the issue was troubling.
Eze on 12:46 - Sep 23 with 2056 viewsPinnerPaul

Eze on 09:22 - Sep 23 by Rangersw12

We've been relatively poor all season playing 442 the best we've played all season was on Wednesday night which was 4231

McClaren tinkered for no reason and even went back to trying to play out from the back even when it's been proven we can't do it when teams press us

Its a massive shame as like other's I was hoping we had turned the corner and would go on a bit of run

Also this teams seems to accept defeat as soon as we concede which is worrying

Do see what you're saying, but no one was calling for Hemed to be dropped before the Millwall game and before that, there were also some very lukewarm 'reviews' of Cameron's sub appearances to date.

Rangel change WAS enforced and I thought Baptiste had a decent game, however, in hindsight, keeping Hemed on the bench and if Cameron couldn't play 90', then same system and just swap Cameron for Scowen might have worked better.

As you and others have said, reverting to that at half time might have been the way to go.

Finally for balance, think we have to accept Norwich far better than Millwall, so same team/system might not have worked anyway.
Eze on 13:39 - Sep 23 with 1984 viewstraininvain

Eze on 12:46 - Sep 23 by PinnerPaul

Do see what you're saying, but no one was calling for Hemed to be dropped before the Millwall game and before that, there were also some very lukewarm 'reviews' of Cameron's sub appearances to date.

Rangel change WAS enforced and I thought Baptiste had a decent game, however, in hindsight, keeping Hemed on the bench and if Cameron couldn't play 90', then same system and just swap Cameron for Scowen might have worked better.

As you and others have said, reverting to that at half time might have been the way to go.

Finally for balance, think we have to accept Norwich far better than Millwall, so same team/system might not have worked anyway.

Holloway’s comments on Eze after the Millwall game were interesting.

Basically said he couldn’t accommodate Eze last season as he’s more suited to a team playing possession football. Spoke very highly of him but kind of makes sense when you see how he performed last night against a team dominating possession.

Not calling for Eze to be dropped as he’s our most exciting player but we might all need to be a bit understanding of his weaknesses. A case of taking the rough with the smooth.
Eze on 14:21 - Sep 23 with 1946 viewsDorse

I can't pretend to be happy about the result, however, it feels like there has been a sea-change this season. Last season (and in several previously), selection debates seemed to be about selecting the least-bad option, whereas the season is about selecting the best combination.

How to fit Hemed, Wells, Freeman and Eze into the side is a lot better than wondering whether how to get some sort of return from Washington, Smith and Sylla!

We're fortunate to have Eze and I would prefer to see him start in the 10 role - it may mean dropping Hemed or Wells to accommodate him. As was said earlier, glad it's not my call.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Eze on 14:46 - Sep 23 with 1918 viewsRangersw12

Eze on 12:46 - Sep 23 by PinnerPaul

I don't think you have to drop Hemed you can play him as the 1 with Wells to the right ( he played on the right for Hudds )

Norwich were better than Millwall but not by much and yes we might have lost anyway with no changes but we would of stood a better chance of getting a result with same system as Wednesday
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024