Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next QPR Manager 10:01 - Sep 27 with 20660 views2Thomas2Bowles

May as well start looking now

Who would you like and added to a list of interviewees?

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Next QPR Manager on 01:36 - Sep 29 with 2811 viewsPunteR

Next QPR Manager on 01:16 - Sep 29 by timcocking

If it was up to me, we'd still have Chris Ramsey in charge. I like Chris Ramsey. He has a nice distinguished air about him.

Not enough experience - the biggest croc of sh!t straight out of the daily mail school of bollox that a man in professional football for decades wasn't experienced enough. Anybody who thought Chris Ramsey wasn't experienced enough is only illustrating their own inexperience.

I liked Ramsey but he wasnt experienced enough to manage a prem club with the players we had. He would be a good shout now though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Next QPR Manager on 02:35 - Sep 29 with 2794 viewsisawqpratwcity

Next QPR Manager on 01:36 - Sep 29 by PunteR

I liked Ramsey but he wasnt experienced enough to manage a prem club with the players we had. He would be a good shout now though.

Ramsey's record in the Champs was 5-4-6, or 1.27 ppg, which is better than any of his permanent replacements, albeit with a poor, but still undeniably Premier-priced, squad.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Next QPR Manager on 16:40 - Sep 29 with 2657 views2Thomas2Bowles

Next QPR Manager on 01:16 - Sep 29 by isawqpratwcity

What a depressing thread, hypocritically started by a Holloway acolyte who, for the previous eighteen months, demanded stability and, failing that, a nomination of who would be better and affordable and inclined to take the position. Not exactly even-handed, is it? He's still got his Holloway-stabbed-in-the-back message on all his posts.

The best comparative argument against McClaren is that he's going 1.11 points per game, as against Holloway's 1.17 ppg overall in his last spell (just 1.10 in 16-17). All of those numbers are historically-proven, Championship, relegation risk. But McClaren has had only nine league games so far. Calm the f*ck down.

1 point per game -11 GD is relegation form dontchaknow

Stability
[Post edited 29 Sep 2018 16:43]

Next QPR Manager on 16:54 - Sep 29 with 2615 viewspaulparker

Next QPR Manager on 16:40 - Sep 29 by 2Thomas2Bowles

1 point per game -11 GD is relegation form dontchaknow

Stability
[Post edited 29 Sep 2018 16:43]

Apprantley it’s play off form to some on here

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Next QPR Manager on 16:56 - Sep 29 with 2597 views2Thomas2Bowles

Next QPR Manager on 16:54 - Sep 29 by paulparker

Apprantley it’s play off form to some on here

The stat man from Oz

Next QPR Manager on 17:08 - Sep 29 with 2544 viewsPeterHucker

John Bumstead
Next QPR Manager on 17:54 - Sep 29 with 2406 viewspaulparker

Next QPR Manager on 14:42 - Sep 28 by PinnerPaul

10 pts from 5 games - that's not being overly positive - its a fact!

Absolute joke the flak he's getting on here.

Are you going to come on and defend this undeserved flack he is getting then ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Next QPR Manager on 18:29 - Sep 29 with 2315 viewsBushRanger82

Next manager in should be told in no uncertain terms, strongest side every game, league and CUP!
No more square pegs in round holes, right-backs at right-back, left-backs at left-back, centre halves at centre half, and effing wingers on each effing wing, etc, etc, etc.
Login to get fewer ads

Next QPR Manager on 18:54 - Sep 29 with 2264 viewsonlyrinmoray

If I remember Olly had 2 6 game runs where we lost each game Yet many wanted him to stay Here we are in another poor run with a different manager its QPR ffs We havent had a consistent run of results for years.Since the Warnock season
I now expect us to lose and if we win its a bonus Remember theres a lot of teams out there playing crap , losing each week Plymouth Ipswich Preston Berwick Rangers Manure to mention a few .Their supporters are just as pissed off
Its easier supporting a winning team ....its just not QPR one day it might be our turn again
Next QPR Manager on 19:29 - Sep 29 with 2225 viewstraininvain

Next QPR Manager on 17:54 - Sep 29 by paulparker

Are you going to come on and defend this undeserved flack he is getting then ?

Go on then I’ll bite. Didn’t expect us to win today but it doesn’t change the fact that we took 10 points from 15 up until just a couple of games back. That’s a fact irrespective of whether you rated the opposition or not,

You may well be right and I wouldn’t be surprised if McClaren flops. But I still don’t see the need for all this melodrama. We’re in a similar situation to last season and the season before. Anyone expecting any different this season is naive. And if you think a new manager would come in and change our situation overnight then you’re even more naive.
Next QPR Manager on 20:47 - Sep 29 with 2163 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Next QPR Manager on 20:58 - Sep 29 with 2143 viewsEsox_Lucius

6 points from the playoffs and the same amount of points as Man Utd. have; where's the problem?

The grass is always greener.

Next QPR Manager on 21:36 - Sep 29 with 2084 viewslave16

Next QPR Manager on 20:58 - Sep 29 by Esox_Lucius

6 points from the playoffs and the same amount of points as Man Utd. have; where's the problem?

Jose will be free in a few weeks... can mcclaren hold on

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Next QPR Manager on 21:42 - Sep 29 with 2066 viewspaulparker

Next QPR Manager on 20:58 - Sep 29 by Esox_Lucius

Next QPR Manager on 21:52 - Sep 29 with 2042 viewspaulparker

Next QPR Manager on 19:29 - Sep 29 by traininvain

Go on then I’ll bite. Didn’t expect us to win today but it doesn’t change the fact that we took 10 points from 15 up until just a couple of games back. That’s a fact irrespective of whether you rated the opposition or not,

You may well be right and I wouldn’t be surprised if McClaren flops. But I still don’t see the need for all this melodrama. We’re in a similar situation to last season and the season before. Anyone expecting any different this season is naive. And if you think a new manager would come in and change our situation overnight then you’re even more naive.

We obviously was expecting more because we sacked the last bloke for have the termarity to Finnish 16th and that was without the three premiership loans we bought in

Next QPR Manager on 22:29 - Sep 29 with 1971 viewsenfieldargh

managers dont really work, especially for us.

Cant we be the first club that allows the players to run things? Collective team selections, collective tactics, what could go wrong

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Next QPR Manager on 22:30 - Sep 29 with 1967 viewstraininvain

Next QPR Manager on 21:52 - Sep 29 by paulparker

We obviously was expecting more because we sacked the last bloke for have the termarity to Finnish 16th and that was without the three premiership loans we bought in

I didn’t agree with Holloway getting the sack and I wasn’t expecting much when I saw Smithies, Robinson, Onuoha, Perch and Mackie move on to be replaced by a second division German centre back and a few loan signings.

More to the point, realistically, who you think is going to take the manager’s job and start four or five youngsters with their reputation on the line if it all goes tits up?
Next QPR Manager on 22:53 - Sep 29 with 1904 viewspaulparker

Next QPR Manager on 22:30 - Sep 29 by traininvain

I didn’t agree with Holloway getting the sack and I wasn’t expecting much when I saw Smithies, Robinson, Onuoha, Perch and Mackie move on to be replaced by a second division German centre back and a few loan signings.

More to the point, realistically, who you think is going to take the manager’s job and start four or five youngsters with their reputation on the line if it all goes tits up?

A few loan signings ???? Cmon They are premier league players , Holloway never had that luxury
Il give you smithies , but perch and mackie were done , McLaren has no interest in developing our kids just look at manning as an example
As for a manager to take the job , read my post earlier on this thread , why don’t we interview a host of managers to find out what formation they would use, ask them how they would get the best of Eze , where would they start smyth , etc and not just a appoint a bloke Tony likes

Next QPR Manager on 23:06 - Sep 29 with 1870 viewstraininvain

Next QPR Manager on 22:53 - Sep 29 by paulparker

A few loan signings ???? Cmon They are premier league players , Holloway never had that luxury
Il give you smithies , but perch and mackie were done , McLaren has no interest in developing our kids just look at manning as an example
As for a manager to take the job , read my post earlier on this thread , why don’t we interview a host of managers to find out what formation they would use, ask them how they would get the best of Eze , where would they start smyth , etc and not just a appoint a bloke Tony likes

They are Championship players. But granted their impact has been noticeable as the team was looking p1ss poor before they were signed. We still haven’t properly replaced Onuoha and / or Robinson.

Manning is one example but Eze and Lumley are other examples which show that McClaren is picking youngsters. Maybe not as many as we’d all like but ultimately it’s his job / livelyhood on the line and his call.

Go on then who’s on this shortlist of potential replacements?
Next QPR Manager on 08:46 - Sep 30 with 1709 viewsGloucs_R

Chris Ramsey with Clint Hill or Shaun Derry

Poll: Are we staying up?

Next QPR Manager on 09:04 - Sep 30 with 1677 viewsWrightUp5hit___

It'll be Gaz
Next QPR Manager on 09:28 - Sep 30 with 1630 viewskropotkin41

Next QPR Manager on 09:04 - Sep 30 by WrightUp5hit___

It'll be Gaz

He's done well at Wycombe and had basically nothing to work with, and I presume he could stay there for the rest of his career, with minimal stress (for a football manager that is) and still have time to play the guitar. Why on Earth would he come to QPR? I mean what kind of incentives would it take for him to put a big bundle of blue and white dynamite under his life and push the detonator?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Next QPR Manager on 09:34 - Sep 30 with 1618 viewsRangersw12

After yesterday he needs to be sacked now

No effort , No pride and players out of position again to shoehorn in two strikers .

It's not even about the results he clearly has gone away from the remit and is causing long term damage to the club
Next QPR Manager on 09:39 - Sep 30 with 1609 viewspaulparker

Next QPR Manager on 23:06 - Sep 29 by traininvain

They are Championship players. But granted their impact has been noticeable as the team was looking p1ss poor before they were signed. We still haven’t properly replaced Onuoha and / or Robinson.

Manning is one example but Eze and Lumley are other examples which show that McClaren is picking youngsters. Maybe not as many as we’d all like but ultimately it’s his job / livelyhood on the line and his call.

Go on then who’s on this shortlist of potential replacements?

If you a decent DOF Then you have 5 names already to interview once your manager leaves , it’s the same as the players that’s the whole point of having one in the first place
If your asking me personally il give you 5 off my head
Jackett
Ainsworth
Cowley brothers
Ardley
Parkinson

You could also look at Derry , Bircham, Warburton, Uwe Rosler ,
My pick though would be graham jones , Martinez number 2 , a very forward thinking coach
Who if we are serious continuing of blooding youngsters and working with the players les provides then could be a decent option

The point is you let the be DOF choose, that’s his job you do not pick yesterdays man and give him the old pals act because uncle Tony likes him

Next QPR Manager on 09:57 - Sep 30 with 1578 viewstraininvain

Two main issues with replacing McClaren.

1) We’re trusting someone at the club to get the appointment right. When was the last time this happened?

2) How appealing is the job?

We’re basically saying we want a new manager a couple of months into the new season, at a struggling club but he has to be willing to blood the youngsters whilst keeping the club in the Championship.

It’s a tough remit and I suspect most managers will be unwilling to commit to playing the youngsters unless they’re given assurances that relegation doesn’t mean getting sacked.

My gut feeling is we’ll end up with Warnock replacing McClaren due to the Bhatia connection. Doubt we’ll see many youngsters playing in this scenario but we’d surely avoid relegation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024