Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Runners and riders - Column 18:47 - Apr 3 with 13338 viewsNorthernr

Triumphant annual return for this one. Honestly can't ever recall such an uninspiring list.

Runners and riders - Column 3rd Apr 2019 18:40
It's that time again, QPR in the market for a new manager. With every passing year comes a less inspiring list of runners and riders for us to sift through and try to make sense. 16

Runners and riders - Column on 09:21 - Apr 4 with 2548 viewsrsonist

Runners and riders - Column on 09:10 - Apr 4 by R_from_afar

I have been monitoring Twitter for rumours and as of last night, the only sources for the Warne thing were a spoof QPR FC site and HITC. I think HITC just winged it and copied the spoof site but perhaps I am wrong. It seems strange that they are the only two mentioning it, and the spoof site is after all just a parody (although with us, the line between a parody and reality is wafer thin!).

I'd like to think the club is also doing what others have and looking for successful, up and coming overseas managers but who knows. I did send details of the guy who got Sassuolo established in Serie A to Amit and Tony but whilst he is available, he is probably out of our league even if we did risk going with someone who is new to English football. Mind you, De Canio was parachuted in and did a good job. He is available, by the way...

Think the club might have to dig a little deeper than a bloke who was managing in the Champions League four weeks ago.
Runners and riders - Column on 09:31 - Apr 4 with 2517 viewspaulparker

Runners and riders - Column on 00:09 - Apr 4 by Jigsore

Michael Appleton Pro: could quite possibly tear the head off any gobby opposition fan

Con: could do the same to any of our fans. Or players.

What an absolute goon he looks, the sort of bloke who goes to the gym and spends 45 minutes on his phone taking selfies and talking to no one whilst holding everyone up

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Runners and riders - Column on 09:32 - Apr 4 with 2517 viewsNorthernr

Runners and riders - Column on 09:10 - Apr 4 by R_from_afar

I have been monitoring Twitter for rumours and as of last night, the only sources for the Warne thing were a spoof QPR FC site and HITC. I think HITC just winged it and copied the spoof site but perhaps I am wrong. It seems strange that they are the only two mentioning it, and the spoof site is after all just a parody (although with us, the line between a parody and reality is wafer thin!).

I'd like to think the club is also doing what others have and looking for successful, up and coming overseas managers but who knows. I did send details of the guy who got Sassuolo established in Serie A to Amit and Tony but whilst he is available, he is probably out of our league even if we did risk going with someone who is new to English football. Mind you, De Canio was parachuted in and did a good job. He is available, by the way...

I'd trust the Daily Mail before I believed HITC.
Runners and riders - Column on 10:15 - Apr 4 with 2435 viewsDorse

Runners and riders - Column on 09:31 - Apr 4 by paulparker

What an absolute goon he looks, the sort of bloke who goes to the gym and spends 45 minutes on his phone taking selfies and talking to no one whilst holding everyone up

You tell him. I'll hold your coat.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Runners and riders - Column on 11:46 - Apr 4 with 2321 viewsTheChef

Runners and riders - Column on 00:09 - Apr 4 by Jigsore

Michael Appleton Pro: could quite possibly tear the head off any gobby opposition fan

Con: could do the same to any of our fans. Or players.

Ah that explains it - he had that overly pink face of a person who spends too much time in the gym.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Runners and riders - Column on 11:52 - Apr 4 with 2310 viewsrobith

What a desperate list.

If I looked blind, I'd definitely fancy Bowyer, but I'm not blind. Likewise the thought of Sherwood turns my stomach. Brand is important.

Jackett would probably be my choice as he'd bring the organised consistency I think we need, along with a track record for instilling standards - a path we've made good progress on but could be better still.

Overall though, pffffft. Hard to look beyond a full throated relegation fight next year. Hence while I don't want Ainsworth cos he plays hoofball and it will kill me when everyone turns on him, but maybe he has the galvanising factor that might keep us up and the fans behind the team
Runners and riders - Column on 12:01 - Apr 4 with 2297 viewsDean

Apparently the job is Sherwoods.

Most important managerial appointment in years, fans already disillusioned as to where the club is heading, proposed un-needed new stadium with the threat of League One even closer next season once Freeman / Eze are sold, FFP hangover, so with all that in mind and a list of candidates already uninspiring, the club are seemingly going to plonk for the man who's credentials extend to being great mates with Ferdinand & Ramsey. Oh and who wears a gillet and refers to himself in the third person.

I despair sometimes I really do.
Runners and riders - Column on 12:13 - Apr 4 with 2271 viewspaulparker

Runners and riders - Column on 10:15 - Apr 4 by Dorse

You tell him. I'll hold your coat.

No ones got iron balls dorse il take him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Runners and riders - Column on 12:16 - Apr 4 with 2265 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Runners and riders - Column on 12:01 - Apr 4 by Dean

Apparently the job is Sherwoods.

Most important managerial appointment in years, fans already disillusioned as to where the club is heading, proposed un-needed new stadium with the threat of League One even closer next season once Freeman / Eze are sold, FFP hangover, so with all that in mind and a list of candidates already uninspiring, the club are seemingly going to plonk for the man who's credentials extend to being great mates with Ferdinand & Ramsey. Oh and who wears a gillet and refers to himself in the third person.

I despair sometimes I really do.

I kind of agree but as you say none of alternatives are very inspiring and i’m sick of having him continually linked to us. Let’s get it over and done with.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2019 12:18]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Runners and riders - Column on 12:20 - Apr 4 with 2255 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Runners and riders - Column on 09:18 - Apr 4 by Dorse

Mourinho is available.

You know I once read somewhere that one day he’d like to take a club from nowhere to the top.

Lives locally

Runners and riders - Column on 12:38 - Apr 4 with 2209 viewsNorthernr

Runners and riders - Column on 12:20 - Apr 4 by CliveWilsonSaid

You know I once read somewhere that one day he’d like to take a club from nowhere to the top.

Lives locally

Also doesn't like his team having possession, prefers it without the ball, so we're already well on our way before he's even got here.
Runners and riders - Column on 12:49 - Apr 4 with 2179 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Runners and riders - Column on 12:38 - Apr 4 by Northernr

Also doesn't like his team having possession, prefers it without the ball, so we're already well on our way before he's even got here.

Also.

Not Joey Barton!

Runners and riders - Column on 12:54 - Apr 4 with 2148 viewsR_from_afar

Runners and riders - Column on 09:21 - Apr 4 by rsonist

Think the club might have to dig a little deeper than a bloke who was managing in the Champions League four weeks ago.

Don't crush my dreams! Actually, Redknapp managed in the Champions League before coming to us and the Italian guy I mentioned is not an *established* Serie A manager (it was his first shot at that) but you make a fair point, it is a huge long shot.

The Times and Sky are saying we have spoken to Sherwood about the job. Upon reflection, I don't mind us doing that, as long as we tell him he is not getting the gig until hell freezes over, and even then, he'd have to take an exhaustive series of personality tests.

Please no, not Tim, an arrogant, one hit wonder who is on the managerial scrapheap and who hasn't managed in ages. He seemed to see Spurs as beneath him so there is fat chance of him doing the QPR job with pride and dignity. He'll spend training sessions hiding in the Harry Redknapp memorial portakabin writing rambling diatribes for the press, in the third person, about how the players are at fault for everything, even Brexit.

No, no, no!
[Post edited 4 Apr 2019 13:23]

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Runners and riders - Column on 12:55 - Apr 4 with 2139 viewsMick_S

The Times and Sky are saying we have spoken to Sherwood about the job. Upon reflection, I don't mind us doing that, as long as we tell him he is not getting the gig until hell freezes over, and even then, he'd have to take an exhaustive series of personality tests.

Please no, not Tim, an arrogant, one hit wonder who is on the managerial scrapheap and who hasn't managed in ages. He seemed to see Spurs as beneath him so there is fat chance of him doing the QPR job with pride and dignity. He'll spend training sessions hiding in the Harry Redknapp portakabin writing rambling diatribes for the press, in the third person, about how the players are at fault for everything, even Brexit.

No, no, no!

Tim Sherwood doesn't like that.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Runners and riders - Column on 13:00 - Apr 4 with 2111 viewsNorthernr

Definitely time to gig out Konk's one man play again...
Runners and riders - Column on 13:03 - Apr 4 with 2096 viewsMick_S

Runners and riders - Column on 13:00 - Apr 4 by Northernr

Definitely time to gig out Konk's one man play again...

I missed that!

Runners and riders - Column on 13:07 - Apr 4 with 2084 viewsNorthernr

Runners and riders - Column on 13:03 - Apr 4 by Mick_S

I missed that!

It was called "Tim Sherwood is gone" and it was fcking brilliant. I've just tried to find it but the poxy search facility on here isn't being my friend.
Runners and riders - Column on 13:15 - Apr 4 with 2050 viewsNorthernr

Runners and riders - Column on 13:07 - Apr 4 by Northernr

It was called "Tim Sherwood is gone" and it was fcking brilliant. I've just tried to find it but the poxy search facility on here isn't being my friend.

Ooooh I've found it, it's here...

Sherwood sacked by Jamie 25 Oct 2015 11:52
Mwahahahahahahahaahaha.

That is all.

Below is a short story that I’ve written called ‘Tim Sherwood has gone’ which I’m hoping to adapt for the stage.

It’s a Sunday morning and Tim Sherwood is enjoying a lie-in with his wife at their home in Sutton Coldfield. His mobile phone rings. He reaches across the bedside cabinet, picks up the phone and sees Randy Lerner’s name on the screen.

“Sorry, babe, I better take this in the en suite”, says Sherwood as he gets out of bed and strides towards the bathroom.

From behind the bathroom door, it’s impossible to make out more than the odd muffled word. With Villa’s poor run of form, there’s been speculation that the club might be looking to change manager and Sherwood’s been unusually flat at home these past few weeks.

Two minutes later, he emerges ashen-faced from the bathroom.

“What is it babe? What’s happened?” asks his wife.

“It’s Tim Sherwood, my angel...Tim Sherwood’s been sacked”.

The End.

By my calculations, this now leaves just Steve Evans and Sam Allardyce as current managers who refer to themselves in the third person. Is this correct?
Runners and riders - Column on 14:11 - Apr 4 with 1885 viewsAntti_Heinola

This is at a slight tangent, but.

It's my belief, and I know this sounds stupid, but bear with me, that every club (especially us), should be 'scouting' for managers ALL THE TIME. From the moment someone is appointed and throughout their tenure, there should be a list of replacements that they are looking at from across Europe. Keeping fingers on young up and comers in Germany, France, Portugal etc. At no point should we ever be working off a list without a single foreign manager working in a foreign country being on it. Not saying we should 'go foreign' as Big Sam might say, but we should be looking at that. It's as important as scouting players. Les and Hoos should be doing this constantly and if we just appoint Sherwood I'll be really disappointed.

Bare bones.

Runners and riders - Column on 14:14 - Apr 4 with 1878 views18StoneOfHoop

Runners and riders - Column on 00:17 - Apr 4 by qprjeff1882

Appleton: Pros - Nice boobs
Appleton: Cons - crap watch

Appleton:Pros - Tasty sisters

All-Saints Rd Local W10 to W12 HQ

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Runners and riders - Column on 14:44 - Apr 4 with 1815 viewsrsonist

Runners and riders - Column on 14:11 - Apr 4 by Antti_Heinola

This is at a slight tangent, but.

It's my belief, and I know this sounds stupid, but bear with me, that every club (especially us), should be 'scouting' for managers ALL THE TIME. From the moment someone is appointed and throughout their tenure, there should be a list of replacements that they are looking at from across Europe. Keeping fingers on young up and comers in Germany, France, Portugal etc. At no point should we ever be working off a list without a single foreign manager working in a foreign country being on it. Not saying we should 'go foreign' as Big Sam might say, but we should be looking at that. It's as important as scouting players. Les and Hoos should be doing this constantly and if we just appoint Sherwood I'll be really disappointed.

This is absolutely what DoFs do , but for all the other undeniable good Les does around the club I'm amazed at the naivety of anyone thinking he's been inclined to keep tabs on Europe's best and brightest all this time. He has a straightforward, nativist football philosophy that has always aligned with Sherwood's.

(Hoos by the way I think of as more dealing with the financials - maybe at Burnley where there wasn't a DoF he had wider relevant responsibilities but not now.)
[Post edited 4 Apr 2019 14:48]
Runners and riders - Column on 14:56 - Apr 4 with 1782 viewsDorse

Runners and riders - Column on 12:13 - Apr 4 by paulparker

No ones got iron balls dorse il take him

Oh really...?

(I've been waiting for ages to use this clip)

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Runners and riders - Column on 15:06 - Apr 4 with 1753 viewsMick_S

Runners and riders - Column on 14:56 - Apr 4 by Dorse

Oh really...?

(I've been waiting for ages to use this clip)

I bet Michael Appleton is similar.

Runners and riders - Column on 15:08 - Apr 4 with 1747 viewsJigsore

I'm not sure 'Tim Sherwood's QPR' is a phrase I can bare.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Runners and riders - Column on 15:27 - Apr 4 with 1683 viewsMick_S

Runners and riders - Column on 15:08 - Apr 4 by Jigsore

I'm not sure 'Tim Sherwood's QPR' is a phrase I can bare.

That would be him talking.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024