Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. 07:08 - Apr 21 with 9226 viewsEsox_Lucius

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6943429/Mark-Warburton-frame-

The grass is always greener.

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 16:54 - Apr 21 with 1955 viewsibnumber10

I hope he gets the job, and brings Neil Banfield with him. Banfield has a good reputation as a coach, mind you I’m not sure the players would be up to that level of coaching! We can’t expect too much next season based on all the constraints we have, getting 50 points ASAP is the priority. After that let’s hope they stay in post for at least 2 seasons hopefully three.
Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 17:04 - Apr 21 with 1927 viewsVancouverHoop

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 10:17 - Apr 21 by Lblock

Warburton would either have to have reconsidered his view to working under a DoF or our DoF is soon to depart.

We’ll see

This.

Unless Les really is only keeping a seat warm (which, sadly, I'm beginning to suspect is the case.)
Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 18:09 - Apr 21 with 1830 viewsTrom

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 07:49 - Apr 21 by RangersDave

I'm not sure "toast" is the right choice to be honest.

However, who is? Anyone that comes to Rangers now must be in a tricky situation..... he or she will have no money to spend, be shackled by a transfer embargo, and have to help clear the financial books.

Not sure i could look on any manager who is 'named' as not just after a 3 year contract with some filthy lucre thrown in.

We could do with someone on a reasonable basic with a 1 year rolling contract, and on win / points bonuses.

Maybe we might need to look at who's pulling up trees in non league?

Either way unless we get bought out (again) or fight this laughable fine and FFP, we is in the shyte for many many more years.

I think i've resigned myself to not seeing Rangers perform in the top league and holding their own or god forbid, challenging for anything, in what remains of my lifetime (and i'm hoping i have 30 or more years left).

getting a named manager could well be a 'poison challice' for him/her and Rangers.

Being bought out makes no difference with FFP. We have the cash we just can’t spend it.
Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 20:03 - Apr 21 with 1689 viewsCiderwithRsie

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 09:19 - Apr 21 by DejR_vu

I thought the club were as patient as they could be with SM. 7 straight defeats and 1 win in 15, with no real indication things would improve; i don’t think he can have any complaints given the players he loaned in. Eustace changed things for Millwall and Swansea. SM flogged the same players to death. I think had he stayed we would be 4 points worse off and on the way down.

There must be some decent managers working under similar constraints, doing decent jobs, without using those issues as excuses for failure.

Yeah, I do take Dylan's point about sacking managers all the time and who it does to the calibre of applicants in future - it's why I was dead against tackling Ollie when he had his bad run.

ButI don't think S McC gave them much choice; like you say, it's not just the results it's the lack of any sign of knowing what to do about it.
Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 20:24 - Apr 21 with 1654 viewsCiderwithRsie

On the DoF thing: I wonder. He was DoF at Brentford before he was manager so he knows how the role works; he left Brentford when they wanted to go in for mathematical modelling etc and was quoted as saying that "the manager needs to have final say over who gets into the team" (or something like that)

I'm not sure that's so different from what we have here - don't think Les is trying to go full-on moneyball, or select the team, or exclude the manager from having any say; just wants strict control of the budget without the manager throwing a strop if he's not allowed to splash the cash every time it gets difficult, have a policy on youth development, maybe determine which parts of the squad need strengthening first (e.g. no more stockpiling wingers we never play) etc.
Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 20:36 - Apr 21 with 1626 viewssmegma

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 12:23 - Apr 21 by onlyrinmoray

Ive got to repeat myself !!! Why did we sack Neil Warnock our most successful recent manager? I will tell you why, it was the QPR supporters who wanted him out as we had lost a few matches in the Premier League and got a last minute equaliser at MK Dons in the cup For the massed ranks to chant "You don't know what you are doing"

The owners panicked because of this, and sacked him, after all he had achieved. We supporters only have ourselves to blame for the mess we are in

A sweeping statement if ever I saw one.
Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 20:54 - Apr 21 with 1593 viewsDannyPaddox

Here's an interesting piece from 2014. He may be an absinthe-addled Jazz Beatnik these days for all I know but I've warmed to Warbs after reading this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fourfourtwo.com/features/mark-warburton-id-rath
Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 20:56 - Apr 21 with 1581 viewsRangersw12

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 20:36 - Apr 21 by smegma

A sweeping statement if ever I saw one.

Not wrong though
Login to get fewer ads

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 20:57 - Apr 21 with 1582 viewsCiderwithRsie

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 20:54 - Apr 21 by DannyPaddox

Here's an interesting piece from 2014. He may be an absinthe-addled Jazz Beatnik these days for all I know but I've warmed to Warbs after reading this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fourfourtwo.com/features/mark-warburton-id-rath

I don't suppose there's any chance of him doing both? Because if someone could earn the club £1bn it wouldn't go amiss right now.
Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 07:10 - Apr 22 with 1238 viewsYorkRanger

I feel pretty indifferent about the whole thing now.

We would have jumped at the chance of Warburton a few years back.

Who ever comes has the most difficult of tasks. Next season promises to be exceptionally tough. If we stay up whoever's manager will have done a great job
Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 07:53 - Apr 22 with 1198 viewsPommyhoop

Yes from me.
So PP can get his 40 quid.
Is it still called 'quid' in Blighty?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 11:06 - Apr 22 with 1034 viewsrsonist

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 20:24 - Apr 21 by CiderwithRsie

On the DoF thing: I wonder. He was DoF at Brentford before he was manager so he knows how the role works; he left Brentford when they wanted to go in for mathematical modelling etc and was quoted as saying that "the manager needs to have final say over who gets into the team" (or something like that)

I'm not sure that's so different from what we have here - don't think Les is trying to go full-on moneyball, or select the team, or exclude the manager from having any say; just wants strict control of the budget without the manager throwing a strop if he's not allowed to splash the cash every time it gets difficult, have a policy on youth development, maybe determine which parts of the squad need strengthening first (e.g. no more stockpiling wingers we never play) etc.

The fact there isn't a clash of philosophy is precisely the issue, in that McParland would duplicate Les and/or Penrice and/or Ramsey's roles.

Whether it's feasible to add McParland to the existing staff I don't know. He's had his hits and misses but is clearly someone with the sort of experience and contacts in the game we could always do with. At different clubs he's had different titles - DoF, Sporting Director, Head of Recruitment, Head of Academy - hard to say what variety in remits there might have been or if it's just management-speak sophistry, though they all share a seniority we're probably unlikely to be able to offer him.

Pretty sure Hoos was one of the people who hired him for a brief spell at Burnley, incidentally.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024