Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Available players 22:33 - May 10 with 3753 viewsdannyblue

We have to sign half a team and need some experience. Doing my best Football manager impression while stuck at home with the kids and watching crap tv and listening to the xtc album posted in the skylarking thread I thought I'd save Les some work and look at those out of contract in the championship.

There are a few centrebacks about, but not too much attractive upfront or elsewhere.

Mike van de Hoorn - decent pedigree. Played plenty of games at the back for Swansea. Any good?
Tommy Elphick - should have a couple years left.
Frazier Campbell - looked good at our place, seems to have managed a full season after all his injury problems and score 1 in 3.
Andre Green - supposed to be a decent prospect at left wing for Villa.f
Moses Obuyajo - discussed to death elsewhere
Lewis Macleod - no idea. any good? decent age.
Wes Hoolahan - lovely player, surely far too old now, and not a position we need filling. Likewise...
Chris Brunt
George Boyd
Frank Fielding - reasonable keeper let go by Bristol City. Replacement if Joanna gets snapped up? In fact there are loads of experienced keepers about.
Michael Morrison - big centreback, must have a couple years left in him, just completed a full season.
Todd Cantwell - played a fair amount for Norwich this season. 21yo left-sided midfielder. Norwich have an option I believe, but perhaps they have grown beyond him now? Probably beyond us.
Efe Ambrose - 30yo centreback from Derby. International experience with Nigeria.
Ryan Tunnicliffe - left-sided midfielder iirc. From 'wall. Any good? Plays leftback too?
Mark Beevers - 400 games under his belt, mostly at championship level, 29. Centreback.
Ashley Cole - Ok that's a joke.
Gavin Massey - Wigan winger, sure we've been linked before?
Josh Vela - midfielder / right back from Bolton, 25, played over 100 championship games, versatile.

Have a look yourself: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB2/jah

Any insight into any of these? Any other ideas?
Available players on 22:38 - May 10 with 3725 viewsloftboy

3/4 of them will want more wages than we can afford.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Available players on 22:39 - May 10 with 3725 viewsdannyblue

Could look at a league 1 list, but I'd have no clue
Available players on 23:40 - May 10 with 3616 viewsrsonist

Thought the Forest fan in the LFW Warburton interviews made a plausible case for Liam Bridcutt (not on this list but may as well be).

Not much to shop for at this level otherwise really and expect signings from lower down.

Chuks Aneke at MK Dons is out of contract I notice. Good pedigree, right age, right step up.
Available players on 00:02 - May 11 with 3593 viewsrsonist

By the by as they played tonight I like the look of that Reece Brown at FGR.
Available players on 09:38 - May 11 with 3448 viewsdannyblue

Good shouts. Aneke looks on top form. The London factor may help us.
Available players on 09:41 - May 11 with 3437 viewsoldmisery

Available players on 00:02 - May 11 by rsonist

By the by as they played tonight I like the look of that Reece Brown at FGR.

Yes and a really big strong Centre Back playing for Tranmere (they only conceded 13 goals at home all season) who could do a job in a problem area for Rangers next season. Guy who goes by the name of Emmanuel Monthe - anyone heard of him??

Hashtag, Bring Manny home!
Available players on 10:49 - May 11 with 3350 viewskingo

I liked the look of the FGR left back Mills, only problem he had a man bun. Looked strong in the tackle, used the ball well and very athletic.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Available players on 11:47 - May 11 with 3278 viewsrsonist

Available players on 10:49 - May 11 by kingo

I liked the look of the FGR left back Mills, only problem he had a man bun. Looked strong in the tackle, used the ball well and very athletic.

Matt Mills' little brother. Bad stock.
Login to get fewer ads

Available players on 11:56 - May 11 with 3257 viewsoldmisery

Available players on 11:47 - May 11 by rsonist

Matt Mills' little brother. Bad stock.

And he also played for the fakes, I believe.
Available players on 12:12 - May 11 with 3227 viewsbaz_qpr

Available players on 09:41 - May 11 by oldmisery

Yes and a really big strong Centre Back playing for Tranmere (they only conceded 13 goals at home all season) who could do a job in a problem area for Rangers next season. Guy who goes by the name of Emmanuel Monthe - anyone heard of him??

Hashtag, Bring Manny home!

I think I remember him from our U23 when Birch was coach, an absolute monster of a kid who for some reason we played on the wing, not surprised he's a centre back now, and good on him for working his way back up the leagues
Available players on 12:26 - May 11 with 3201 viewsoldmisery

Available players on 12:12 - May 11 by baz_qpr

I think I remember him from our U23 when Birch was coach, an absolute monster of a kid who for some reason we played on the wing, not surprised he's a centre back now, and good on him for working his way back up the leagues

Yes, 6 foot 5 inches tall, we played him mostly at left back I think. He's done the rounds since we let him go; Heybridge Swifts, Hayes & Yeading, Havant & Waterlooville, Bath City and Forest Green (ironically) before joining Tranmere.
Available players on 12:50 - May 11 with 3162 viewsMedwayR

Boyd could be a decent option, imo we need a genuinely left-sided player rather than putting one of our many right-footed players (BOS, Shodipo, Chair) our there. Plus he’s experienced and having picked up decent money at Sheff Weds he’d be realistic enough with regard to his wages, he knows he won’t be getting a big contract again. A move back down south will suit him too.

Poll: Who’s better?

Available players on 13:21 - May 11 with 3073 viewsrsonist

Available players on 12:50 - May 11 by MedwayR

Boyd could be a decent option, imo we need a genuinely left-sided player rather than putting one of our many right-footed players (BOS, Shodipo, Chair) our there. Plus he’s experienced and having picked up decent money at Sheff Weds he’d be realistic enough with regard to his wages, he knows he won’t be getting a big contract again. A move back down south will suit him too.

Waste of space at Wednesday for the most part. Not the way forward IMO.

Shame Hooper will be looking for big wages, though arguably another high risk crock even if we could afford him.

Bruce will be in for Odubajo I'm sure.
Available players on 08:11 - May 12 with 2626 viewsMedwayR

Tom Eaves is out of contract at Gillingham, could be a good signing.

Poll: Who’s better?

Available players on 09:16 - May 12 with 2508 viewsQPR_Jim

Available players on 08:11 - May 12 by MedwayR

Tom Eaves is out of contract at Gillingham, could be a good signing.

I would agree, physical striker but more mobile than Smith. Scores quite well at Gillingham considering the service he gets but a big step up. Worth the risk.

I like the look of Marcus Madison at Peterborough to replace Freeman too. Last year of contract and transfer listed as they've not been promoted. Highest assists in league 1.
Available players on 09:21 - May 12 with 2495 viewsPey

Todd Cantwell of Norwich, fantastic player
Available players on 09:34 - May 12 with 2472 viewsdaveB

i don't know which players we should sign but key to our season will be signings 2 strong centre halves and a centre forward. I wouldn't be surprised to see us go down the loan route again
Available players on 11:42 - May 12 with 2267 viewsDannyPaddox

I'm sure I saw Monthe play for us in the Youth Cup. It's a name you remember.

As for the Dutch bloke ...

"Swansea. They give me der Hoorn"
Available players on 12:07 - May 12 with 2221 viewsDavieQPR

Available players on 09:34 - May 12 by daveB

i don't know which players we should sign but key to our season will be signings 2 strong centre halves and a centre forward. I wouldn't be surprised to see us go down the loan route again

Believe every team in our division had loan players last year and would expect the same. Think we will go down the route of young Prem players instead of ' Golden Oldies'.
Available players on 12:07 - May 12 with 2221 viewsdannyblue

Available players on 22:38 - May 10 by loftboy

3/4 of them will want more wages than we can afford.

Looked into it a bit more and you're absolutely right.

At the same time, it seems that a lot of clubs are cutting costs. And as Dave Mc and others have pointed out, maybe, perversely, it will start to become an advantage that we're a year or two ahead in getting our house in order.

I see more stratification in the championship. The best players will be able to command cash from the promotion hopefuls, but I think the merely-solid championship players may see their earnings in decline as FFP bites. It may take them and their agents some time to realise this. I can see a lot of the activity being left until the last minute for us and all the lower champ clubs.

On the individual players I was most interested in:
Hull don't think they can afford to keep Frazier Campbell so v unlikely we could.
Swansea have an option on Van der Hoorn, although the new ownership is looking to cut costs. Again if he's too expensive for them, he's too expensive for us.
Morrison wants to stay at Birmingham and they want him. He was captain.
Ambrose left Hibs for a lucrative short-term deal at Derby although he hasn't played for them he deliberately made himself a free agent to look for cash.
Beevers is looking to go to the US, but not impossible I guess.
Elphick is leaving Villa, but they expect him back at Hull, where he was on loan. He's got southern roots, though, so London may appeal.

Here's another list:
https://www.deepdaledigest.com/analysis/free-agents-preston-can-sign-to-strength
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024