Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA CUP FINAL 13:03 - May 18 with 7176 viewsJAPRANGERS

Anybody care anymore about t’cup?
FA CUP FINAL on 17:27 - May 18 with 2328 viewsJAPRANGERS

Here we go, the floodgates open for MC.
FA CUP FINAL on 17:47 - May 18 with 2275 viewstraininvain

Does anyone else feel a bit numb watching City win the league and cups?

I mean, it’d be surprising if they weren’t winning given the money they’ve spent and I’m not too fussed as it stops Chelsea winning trophies.

But it all feels a bit hollow.
FA CUP FINAL on 17:55 - May 18 with 2252 viewsJAPRANGERS

FA CUP FINAL on 17:47 - May 18 by traininvain

I mean, it’d be surprising if they weren’t winning given the money they’ve spent and I’m not too fussed as it stops Chelsea winning trophies.

Just makes the whole thing boring.
FA CUP FINAL on 18:07 - May 18 with 2194 viewsstowmarketrange

FA CUP FINAL on 16:45 - May 18 by Snipper

When I was younger, and the FA Cup final was one of the only games shown live, you watched the whole build up to the final. You’d have special editions of A Question of Sport on BBC, and Who’ll win the Cup on ITV the night before.

There was genuine excitement about the final, no matter who was playing. I’ve been watching the build up to today’s game, and I can honestly say that there is not one part of me excited by it.

For sheer excitement, and for what rides on it, you can’t beat the Championship play off final. That’s the best one off game of football in the football calendar.

It isn’t just me then?I can remember all the finalists and the scores from about 1966 to 1990,but I’d struggle to remember any notable ones after then.
Apart from the shite getting walloped 4-0 in 94.
FA CUP FINAL on 18:15 - May 18 with 2169 viewsstowmarketrange

FA CUP FINAL on 15:08 - May 18 by francisbowles

Lots more tickets were available to the competing clubs for a replay, as for the final around 40% of the tickets were kept by the FA and distributed through the county FAs to their member clubs, something like two tickets per club. These tickets still had to be purchased by the attendee but were highly sought after as the cup final was such a big day out for anyone interested in football. They were usually put into a ballot for that club's interested members. I expect county committee volunteers and referees etc were entitled to have a few to share out for purchase as well.
[Post edited 18 May 2019 15:09]

I used to manage my daughters local football team and we were entitled to get a few cup final tickets as we were an fa affiliated club.We had to enter a ballot within the club to get them though.
It was supposed to be a reward for the club officials who give up their time to run the clubs.
My own personal view is that the majority of the tickets should go to the clubs involved in the final and the affiliated clubs should be given their option of semi final tickets instead.Or maybe the league cup final or charity shield instead.
FA CUP FINAL on 18:31 - May 18 with 2119 viewsWesty75

FA CUP FINAL on 17:47 - May 18 by traininvain

Utterly hollow. Exhibition football, and dull as fvck.
FA CUP FINAL on 18:36 - May 18 with 2103 viewsWatford_Ranger

Never thought I’d enjoy seeing Watford in a cup final this much.
FA CUP FINAL on 18:37 - May 18 with 2100 viewsSnipper

Watching this one way traffic makes me want there to be a European super league.

All the ‘big boys’ of European football can play each other to death till the cows come home.

Romance of the FA Cup? Do me a bloody favour.
Login to get fewer ads

FA CUP FINAL on 18:41 - May 18 with 2078 viewsToast_R

Throughly depressing, the day football ate itself.
FA CUP FINAL on 18:42 - May 18 with 2071 viewsSnipper

FA CUP FINAL on 18:36 - May 18 by Watford_Ranger

You’re a wicked man. 🤣🤣🤣
FA CUP FINAL on 18:45 - May 18 with 2051 viewstraininvain

FA CUP FINAL on 18:31 - May 18 by Westy75

Utterly hollow. Exhibition football, and dull as fvck.

City’s success feels tainted by the oil money. I’ve seen clubs spend big over the years but City have a net spend of nearly 3x their nearest rival. They should be winning every domestic trophy and probably the Champions League.

Wenger used to talk about financial doping in football and people rolled their eyes. But you know what, judging by the last couple of seasons he had a good point.
FA CUP FINAL on 18:52 - May 18 with 2013 viewsQPR_John

FA CUP FINAL on 13:23 - May 18 by Lblock

Hoping Citeh win it

Then I hope they get done by FFP and have everything from the last seven years stripped away.
However it’s unlikely that’ll happen as when they say they’ll fight it legally then they mean it and Arab money buys you some proper quality Council

I hope they don't. I hope they win and the whole FFP fiasco is declared illegal and FIFA, the FA and the FL get sued for every penny they have. City have shown the irony of the second F in FFP. What system allows a team like City to reach the heights they have simply because they got the money before it was introduced. Certainly not a fair one.
FA CUP FINAL on 18:57 - May 18 with 1975 viewsCamberleyR

Worst FA Cup final defeat since 1903 when Bury beat Derby 6-0

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

FA CUP FINAL on 19:02 - May 18 with 1934 viewsstowmarketrange

FA CUP FINAL on 18:57 - May 18 by CamberleyR

Worst FA Cup final defeat since 1903 when Bury beat Derby 6-0

Did bobby get the 6th goal after Keogh made a mistake?
FA CUP FINAL on 19:10 - May 18 with 1884 viewsBoston

Oh dear, couldn't really pick a preference for this one, don't like todays Man City and don't really have time for Watford, but 6 - nuffink...ridiculous.
Ok, there comes a time when, against all my previous thoughts, I have to advocate for the salary cap. All the best players will go away you say....GOOD.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

FA CUP FINAL on 19:15 - May 18 with 1862 viewskingo

FA CUP FINAL on 18:36 - May 18 by Watford_Ranger

I’m with you.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

FA CUP FINAL on 19:22 - May 18 with 1822 viewsstowmarketrange

FA CUP FINAL on 18:45 - May 18 by traininvain

City’s success feels tainted by the oil money. I’ve seen clubs spend big over the years but City have a net spend of nearly 3x their nearest rival. They should be winning every domestic trophy and probably the Champions League.

Wenger used to talk about financial doping in football and people rolled their eyes. But you know what, judging by the last couple of seasons he had a good point.

What would any club do in the same situation?We tried and came unstuck.Chelsea did the same for 5-6 years after the Russian bought the club.They bought a whole team and several titles.
Unfortunately the game is all about money these days and it isn’t going to change any time soon.
Every club would spend the same amount of money if they had it.

At least they play some brilliant football,unlike those other muppets from sw6 who spent a billion pounds but bored everybody to death to win their champions league in 2012.
[Post edited 18 May 2019 19:23]
FA CUP FINAL on 19:24 - May 18 with 1798 viewsdaveB

FA CUP FINAL on 18:45 - May 18 by traininvain

no different to Man Utd buying success in the past or Madrid or Barcelona or PSG or Chelsea.

I quite like City they are a brilliant team to watch
FA CUP FINAL on 19:26 - May 18 with 1790 viewstraininvain

FA CUP FINAL on 19:22 - May 18 by stowmarketrange

What would any club do in the same situation?We tried and came unstuck.Chelsea did the same for 5-6 years after the Russian bought the club.They bought a whole team and several titles.
Unfortunately the game is all about money these days and it isn’t going to change any time soon.
Every club would spend the same amount of money if they had it.

At least they play some brilliant football,unlike those other muppets from sw6 who spent a billion pounds but bored everybody to death to win their champions league in 2012.
[Post edited 18 May 2019 19:23]

Two wrongs don’t make a right. And I don’t blame Man City. The football authorities need to get this under control.

FFP is a joke. How is it fair that we got fined £20m while Man City have been allowed a net spend of nearly £600m over five years?
FA CUP FINAL on 19:35 - May 18 with 1749 viewstraininvain

FA CUP FINAL on 19:24 - May 18 by daveB

no different to Man Utd buying success in the past or Madrid or Barcelona or PSG or Chelsea.

I quite like City they are a brilliant team to watch

I don’t think anyone’s saying they’re not a brilliant team to watch. They play great football and credit to the players and manager. But the success is tainted by the level of spending.

It’s similar to Chelsea when they first had the oil money buying success and PSG in France. Like I said in my last post, the football authorities need to find a way to stop the game becoming uncompetitive.

I’d wager that Man Utd, Barcelona and Real Madrid have never had a net spend of 3x their nearest rivals over a 5 year period.
FA CUP FINAL on 19:43 - May 18 with 1708 viewsPhildo

FA CUP FINAL on 19:26 - May 18 by traininvain

Two wrongs don’t make a right. And I don’t blame Man City. The football authorities need to get this under control.

FFP is a joke. How is it fair that we got fined £20m while Man City have been allowed a net spend of nearly £600m over five years?

I enjoyed that TBH -Deeneys face etc also although city have financially doped - if not actually doped - yes Pep I’ve been watching you- think of the united fans tonight and dear lovely Jamie Pollock plus Qprs Sterling got 2/3 and the scum didn’t win it - plus we are on the way back with Warbs in charge

Ps can you tell I’m pished
FA CUP FINAL on 20:01 - May 18 with 1626 viewsstowmarketrange

FA CUP FINAL on 19:26 - May 18 by traininvain

They won’t though will they.The big clubs have too much power now.They could all pick up the ball and go and play somewhere else.I wish they would go,but unless the authorities even out the playing field for those left it will all start again in a few years time.
FA CUP FINAL on 22:38 - May 18 with 1329 viewsDannyPaddox

FA CUP FINAL on 22:44 - May 18 with 1316 viewsNortholt_Rs

FA CUP FINAL on 22:38 - May 18 by DannyPaddox

Brilliant!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

FA CUP FINAL on 09:34 - May 19 with 987 views2Thomas2Bowles

What time does it start? I need to set to record.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024