Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Room 101 09:12 - Jun 23 with 9706 viewscolinallcars

Not a great fan of the TV programme of that name, but there are things that really irritate me and should be consigned to Room 101. My pet hate is people who blow their noses on serviettes in a restaurant and leave it on the table. I witness this all the time.
Room 101 on 09:15 - Jun 24 with 1562 viewsMick_S

Room 101 on 10:12 - Jun 23 by thompsonridd

Dog s*it bags hanging in trees

Might be goats mate.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Room 101 on 09:20 - Jun 24 with 1548 viewsMick_S

Queuing when I shouldn't have to queue and that's because the level of customer service in many shops is feckin' diabolical. Stop making someone a coffee (which they don't really want) at the end till and step over and open another one so I can pay for my petrol.

Room 101 on 09:34 - Jun 24 with 1539 viewsHamptonR

Able bodied people parking in disabled bays in supermarket car parks, because they are nearer the shop........ Well yeah, I wonder why?

Same people who park across two disabled bays, because they have a flash car for the reason above and so that no disable person could damage their car when they throw the door open to spring out!
Room 101 on 11:41 - Jun 24 with 1476 viewsRs_Holy

Room 101 on 09:20 - Jun 24 by Mick_S

Queuing when I shouldn't have to queue and that's because the level of customer service in many shops is feckin' diabolical. Stop making someone a coffee (which they don't really want) at the end till and step over and open another one so I can pay for my petrol.

how about the level of customer...?...
Waiting in a checkout qeue at Tesco recently... Female customer in front of me was not packing her shopping but was on her mobile.... Lady on till asks "Do you want help packing?".... Female customer replies "Nah its alright... Ive just got to transfer some money into my account".
Room 101 on 20:34 - Jun 24 with 1389 viewssmegma

I would put all the rumour / speculation posts on here in Room 101.
Room 101 on 21:40 - Jun 24 with 1327 viewsNoDiddley

Room 101 on 20:29 - Jun 23 by Boston

Rebel without a menopause.

Don't start me on grafitti, same as litter dumping but worse!
Room 101 on 00:46 - Jun 25 with 1284 viewsLoftgirl

Room 101 on 08:07 - Jun 24 by WoodlaneR

Love this thread.... Its kind of therapeutic. More came to me over breakfast!
- People who use Facebook to post absolutely pointless things or pictures just to get a response. Hate it. Only had an account for 4 months before deleting it.
- People who send text / What's App messages for the same reason. If you wouldn't phone someone to have the same conversation you are having via text..... Why are you having it!
- People at airports at times of disruption who constantly moan that "nobody is giving us any information". As someone who has spent most of their working life working for an airline I can tell you that sometimes their is no information to give. Most of the time we are waiting for or trying to make the correct decision in each case before announcing send "information"...... So just wait.
Feel much better now.

People that mix up their, there and they're.
Room 101 on 00:49 - Jun 25 with 1281 viewsMiss_Terraces

Room 101 on 00:46 - Jun 25 by Loftgirl

People who care more about grammar than football 😉

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Login to get fewer ads

Room 101 on 03:07 - Jun 25 with 1254 viewstimcocking

Our John Eustace coloured away shirt...
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 3:08]
Room 101 on 03:13 - Jun 25 with 1251 viewstimcocking

Room 101 on 08:50 - Jun 24 by hubble

"Can I get...?"

When did that start?

Can I get a cappuccino?

No, we prefer to make it ourselves and then give it to you. We don't want our customers helping themselves.

Would be the correct answer.

You know, you're right. That must be an Americanism. It's asking oneself a hypothetical question outloud to the member of staff, as opposed to actually ordering a cappuccino. And it's a silly question at that, because assuming you've got the cash, the answer is already known beforehand. Folly.

I shall endeavour to make certain, if indeed i ever have said that before, i don't say it again.

Ps The correct response would be 'yes, would you like one?"
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 6:33]
Room 101 on 06:22 - Jun 25 with 1232 viewstimcocking

https://e1.365dm.com/18/11/768x432/skysports-stve-mcclaren-qpr_4480777.jpg?20181
Room 101 on 06:43 - Jun 25 with 1223 viewstimcocking

Room 101 on 10:16 - Jun 23 by ozexile

I've got a member in my fitness group who when we go for a run who constantly snots out of his nose. He holds one nostril and just lets loose. Absolutely disgusting.

Well, that was depend if he's a serious athlete who's competing or whether he's just a clogger. You need to breathe through your nose. Almost all distance athletes spit or snot a lot on the run, you have to.

My brothers used to compete a lot at athletics and after each cross country race the back of their shirts were always covered in spit from the early stages where the runners were bunched. So gross, yes, but i'm not sure it's appropriate to actually forbid it, you'll be affecting the medals table by doing so.
Room 101 on 08:20 - Jun 25 with 1197 viewscolinallcars

People who park outside my house and sit there playing their “music” at high volumes. It's bad enough when they're on the move.
Room 101 on 08:57 - Jun 25 with 1183 viewsthame_hoops

Room 101 on 07:41 - Jun 24 by Rs_Holy

people with large rucksacks on crowded public transport who somehow seem to forget they've got a large rucksack on their back

Yes!

Holding a door open for someone and they don’t say thanks.

People who put crumbs in the butter.

Unorganised dishwashers
Room 101 on 09:01 - Jun 25 with 1180 viewsozexile

Room 101 on 06:43 - Jun 25 by timcocking

Well, that was depend if he's a serious athlete who's competing or whether he's just a clogger. You need to breathe through your nose. Almost all distance athletes spit or snot a lot on the run, you have to.

My brothers used to compete a lot at athletics and after each cross country race the back of their shirts were always covered in spit from the early stages where the runners were bunched. So gross, yes, but i'm not sure it's appropriate to actually forbid it, you'll be affecting the medals table by doing so.

No this is after the run or at the beginning of the run when we're in a big social group. Most of the time in mid conversation with someone. Grim
Room 101 on 09:14 - Jun 25 with 1171 viewsMick_S

Room 101 on 08:50 - Jun 24 by hubble

"Can I get...?"

When did that start?

Can I get a cappuccino?

No, we prefer to make it ourselves and then give it to you. We don't want our customers helping themselves.

Would be the correct answer.

"Over ice"?

No - with ice.

Room 101 on 09:22 - Jun 25 with 1159 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Room 101 on 00:46 - Jun 25 by Loftgirl

Their very annoying.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Room 101 on 09:33 - Jun 25 with 1148 viewsNorthernr

Room 101 on 20:33 - Jun 23 by loftboy

You forgot to add , people on trains who play their music without earphones, asked a woman the other week to stop, she looked at me like I was mad before moving to the next carriage and carrying on.
Surprised no one has said Stamford Bridge.
Finally I would like to put my return flight home on Tuesday in there so I have to stay in Rhodes a bit longer !

This is just a thing now in London isn't it? People sit on the train and the tube with their phone out, music on, no headphones. Death cannot come too soon to these people.
Room 101 on 09:37 - Jun 25 with 1139 viewsJAPRANGERS

Room 101 on 09:33 - Jun 25 by Northernr

This is just a thing now in London isn't it? People sit on the train and the tube with their phone out, music on, no headphones. Death cannot come too soon to these people.

Really that bad now Clive?? Here people wouldn't dare do this.
Room 101 on 09:38 - Jun 25 with 1133 viewstimcocking

Room 101 on 09:14 - Jun 25 by Mick_S

"Over ice"?

No - with ice.

Nobodies' ever asked me 'over ice?' before now. If they do, rest assured i'll fcuking swing for them. Although, poured over ice makes perfect sense, so it's not necessarily wrong, just sounds like something straight from a California training manual.

'Go large?' can fcuk off while we're at it. It's a very difficult question for me to ever answer no to.

So many people suddenly saying 'my bad'. Is that from a netflix show or something? Really ugly, inappropriate use of english that is. My old English teacher Mrs Carr would be apoplectic if i'd tried to say that to her in school. Poor lady, i don't think she ever really recovered from hearing the word 'brunch' gain regular traction in blighty. Understandable, mind you.

Also, decimate doesn't mean annihilate or thrash, that's incorrect usage of a word altogether. It means to kill 1 in 10.

Worst has got to be somebody saying over 100 per cent. Laws of physics come in to play here.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 9:40]
Room 101 on 09:45 - Jun 25 with 1124 viewstimcocking

Room 101 on 15:43 - Jun 23 by Tonto

Le Corbisier: the architect who invented tower blocks. What a blot on our environment and a social disaster for many.

Man Utd fans who were born and brought up in Surrey with o other family connection to Manchester.

The "love grunts" at the end of BIG love by Fleetwood Mac. A total embarrassment.

The lowering quality of drivers who have become more selfish and arrogant in recent years. A metaphor for several other ills in this country.

I would also like to take out American Footvall, which was put in when Nick Hancock was the host (still the best version of 101 IMO). It was basically put in because neither person understood it. In which case half of science would be in there...

1980s skiing onesies. My eyes my eyes.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2019 17:33]

Le Corbusier?

Ummm, well i take your point, but if we didn't build up, we'd be completely screwed. Pretty sure somebody else would have thought of it. Are you Canadian? Don't forget, you guys have a helluva lot of space to play around with, Toronto is probably bigger than Western Europe.

Also, if you must live in a cheap council flat sort of thing, a nice view is your best bet imo.

So i'd find this very difficult to bin. It'd mean most people outside huge countries would be homeless or get enough food to eat. All the trees would be gone. You've destroyed the world here Tonto...
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 9:55]
Room 101 on 09:47 - Jun 25 with 1121 viewsNorthernr

Room 101 on 09:37 - Jun 25 by JAPRANGERS

Really that bad now Clive?? Here people wouldn't dare do this.

Yes I remember being in Japan and anybody even taking a call on their phone on the train was immediately set upon. As it should be.

It's happened on a few of my trains recently. I've responded a couple of times by moving when the person was obviously off their chops and I didn't want to get involved, a couple of times by asking why they feel we all need to listen to it (it's always fcking awful music as well), and once when drunk by going and sitting next to them and putting some Meatloaf on on my own phone even louder.
Room 101 on 09:50 - Jun 25 with 1112 viewsMick_S

Do people still go shopping in their pyjamas? I saw some daft young lady walking through a shopping centre with her rollers in at 11 in the morning. Pleeeeeeaaaase look at me.

Room 101 on 09:54 - Jun 25 with 1101 viewsNorthernr

Room 101 on 09:50 - Jun 25 by Mick_S

Do people still go shopping in their pyjamas? I saw some daft young lady walking through a shopping centre with her rollers in at 11 in the morning. Pleeeeeeaaaase look at me.

I've seen rollers in the supermarket recently. Lots of them in London have signs on the door now saying no nightwear. WTF is wrong with people?
Room 101 on 10:00 - Jun 25 with 1084 viewsloftboy

Posters you’ve never seen post on here before suddenly turn up slagging off the board at rumours they’ve heard on Twitter.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024