Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How? 08:13 - Jan 12 with 2129 viewsstowmarketrange

I just looked at the league table and saw that Millwall are 7th.How did that happen?Is that the same team that we beat 2-1 on their own patch this season?
And they’ve only lost 6 games all season,half as many as us.I’m not having a dig at our team,but how can a team that looked so poor earlier in the season be so high up in the table?
How? on 08:34 - Jan 12 with 2077 viewsozexile

When we sold them Smith the general consensus was that they'd be league 1 in May.
How? on 09:34 - Jan 12 with 1971 viewsCamberleyR

They're up thsre because they've had the new manager bounce that never happens for us if we change manager. 25 points from 13 games since Rowett took over.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

How? on 09:37 - Jan 12 with 1960 viewsjonno

shows what a poor standard the division really is.
How? on 09:53 - Jan 12 with 1919 viewspaulparker

I know the main thing this year is staying up ( 2 more wins imo should get us there) but when your attacking threat is made up of Eze, Wells, Hugill, chair , BOS, we really should be higher up the league especially galling seeing Reading, Hull, Millwall , Sheff wed ,Preston all above us
How many points we have chucked away in a very poor league doesn’t bear thinking about
It’s a big summer for the club in how we spend that Eze money

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

How? on 10:28 - Jan 12 with 1855 viewssmegma

How? on 09:37 - Jan 12 by jonno

shows what a poor standard the division really is.

The top two apart, the Championship is p1ss poor this season. Even the top two are beginning to wobble.
How? on 10:32 - Jan 12 with 1848 viewsstevec

They work out their weaknesses and they plug them.

As PP says, we’ve got five attacking players who are collectively as good as anything in this League. All power to MW for mobilising that part of the park.

But if other parts of the side make the same critical errors week after week then the manager has to be held accountable for that too.

Made the same old comments about relentlessly practising defending dead balls, but when you know Manning can not defend set pieces to save his life you bring in a left back who can. When you know a keeper is prone to continual monumental fck ups you bring on a keeper who is less prone to the same level of fck ups. When you know the best part of your side is vertically challenged, you make sure your back line is full of the biggest fckers on the books, capable of defending simple high balls.

I like what he’s done this season, I enjoy the football again, but I’m coming out the place more exasperated than I have for many years knowing we’re floundering around the lower reaches of the division yet again in a season where we really should be doing precisely what Millwall are doing with what is no more than a functional team.
How? on 11:45 - Jan 12 with 1778 viewsRuislipHoop

They are there because Rowett tightened there defence up.Something our Manager seems incapable of doing.
How? on 12:08 - Jan 12 with 1742 viewsjonno

How? on 10:32 - Jan 12 by stevec

They work out their weaknesses and they plug them.

As PP says, we’ve got five attacking players who are collectively as good as anything in this League. All power to MW for mobilising that part of the park.

But if other parts of the side make the same critical errors week after week then the manager has to be held accountable for that too.

Made the same old comments about relentlessly practising defending dead balls, but when you know Manning can not defend set pieces to save his life you bring in a left back who can. When you know a keeper is prone to continual monumental fck ups you bring on a keeper who is less prone to the same level of fck ups. When you know the best part of your side is vertically challenged, you make sure your back line is full of the biggest fckers on the books, capable of defending simple high balls.

I like what he’s done this season, I enjoy the football again, but I’m coming out the place more exasperated than I have for many years knowing we’re floundering around the lower reaches of the division yet again in a season where we really should be doing precisely what Millwall are doing with what is no more than a functional team.

Can't disagree with any of that.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 12:10]
Login to get fewer ads

How? on 09:39 - Jan 13 with 1472 viewsHitch

Drive for show, putt for dough.
Defence first.
How? on 11:10 - Jan 13 with 1402 viewsCamberleyR

How? on 11:45 - Jan 12 by RuislipHoop

They are there because Rowett tightened there defence up.Something our Manager seems incapable of doing.

That's only part of the answer. Yes, he's tightened the defence up but not massively so. The big difference is that he has got them scoring significantly more. Under Harris they were only scoring 1 goal per game (12 in 12). Under Rowett so far they're fractionally under 1.5 per game (20 in 14).

Defensively under Harris they weren't brilliant but weren't that bad. They'd conceded 17 in 12 but nearly a quarter of these were in one game, a 4-0 thrashing at Fulham in their third game. They also blew a 2-0 lead in the last six minutes against Brentford to lose 3-2 in his last game.

Their respective records:

Harris:
Clean Sheets - 2 games
Conceded 1 - 6 games
Conceded 2 - 2 games
Conceded 2+ - 2 games

Rowett:
Clean Sheets - 5
Conceded 1 - 5
Conceded 2 - 4
Conceded 2+ - 0

As an aside, if we'd had the goals against ratio this season of Millwall under Harris, we'd probably have at least six or seven more points, a +10 goal difference and be in the play off positions.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

How? on 16:09 - Jan 13 with 1303 viewswhittocksRs

It is a shocking league this year and a big shame it's come too early in our development to do anything about it.

Reckon one very poor team is going to get promoted and will be absolutely spanked in the Prem next year. There are basically only three decent - not incredible - squads this year and they should be going up but I can imagine someone like Hull, Swansea, Forest, Reading or Millwall sneaking in and winning the play-offs.

Anyone from about 16 up could still make the playoffs but sadly it ain't gonna be us.
How? on 18:54 - Jan 15 with 1110 viewsRANGERS4EVER

How? on 16:09 - Jan 13 by whittocksRs

It is a shocking league this year and a big shame it's come too early in our development to do anything about it.

Reckon one very poor team is going to get promoted and will be absolutely spanked in the Prem next year. There are basically only three decent - not incredible - squads this year and they should be going up but I can imagine someone like Hull, Swansea, Forest, Reading or Millwall sneaking in and winning the play-offs.

Anyone from about 16 up could still make the playoffs but sadly it ain't gonna be us.

if Leeds, West Brom and Brentford go up all will stay up comfortably

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024