Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup 17:58 - Jan 20 with 7730 viewsDieByYourSide

They're up for it! We probably haven't sold too many more than that..

Poll: And it's hi ho

Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 18:02 - Jan 20 with 5424 viewsNorthernr

That's an incredible effort for Friday night FA Cup. They'll probably have more than us.
Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 18:03 - Jan 20 with 5404 viewsBoston

3,000...I'd let 'em have it for that, another 500 and we'll give it a polish.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 18:06 - Jan 20 with 5400 viewsNed_Kennedys

Its their Cup Final.
Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 18:06 - Jan 20 with 5400 viewsWatford_Ranger

Sales were a bit better than I expected when I got mine a couple of days ago. We’ll make it to five figures at this rate.
Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 18:10 - Jan 20 with 5386 viewsGloucs_R

Are they Celtic in disguise 😁

Poll: Are we staying up?

Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 18:10 - Jan 20 with 5383 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Impressive.
Makes me wonder whether we should have opened Ellerslie.
Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 18:13 - Jan 20 with 5370 viewsJigsore

is Luongo suspended for this one then? or does the ban just apply to the league

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 18:38 - Jan 20 with 5273 viewsRANGERS4EVER

You get the feeling they will be up for this one. 3,000 following, just off a 5-0 defeat they will be aiming to impress. I don't have a great feeling about this one

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Login to get fewer ads

Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 19:05 - Jan 20 with 5191 viewsLongsufferingR

Good stuff. SAR selling well but Loft end is pretty poor atm
Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 20:23 - Jan 20 with 4995 viewsenfieldargh

Most of G block gone. Tried to buy my seat had to settle for F

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 20:25 - Jan 20 with 4984 viewsBlackCrowe

Amazing effort. please tell me they still don't have that cringeworthy band.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 20:47 - Jan 20 with 4889 viewsstainrods_elbow

Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 19:05 - Jan 20 by LongsufferingR

Derpessing, as were the embarrassing gaps therein against the Champions of Europe.

What I wouldn't give to knock down the "Family Stand' and replace it with a bit of 1970s corrugated iron with unsafe standing for our core supporters! Sadly, the atmosphere-exterminating people in charge of our 'brand' from Beard to Hoos have/have had diametrically different ideas.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 22:29 - Jan 20 with 4702 viewssmegma

Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 18:13 - Jan 20 by Jigsore

is Luongo suspended for this one then? or does the ban just apply to the league

He's banned.
Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 22:41 - Jan 20 with 4669 viewsdaveB

Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 20:47 - Jan 20 by stainrods_elbow

Derpessing, as were the embarrassing gaps therein against the Champions of Europe.

What I wouldn't give to knock down the "Family Stand' and replace it with a bit of 1970s corrugated iron with unsafe standing for our core supporters! Sadly, the atmosphere-exterminating people in charge of our 'brand' from Beard to Hoos have/have had diametrically different ideas.

where are these core supporters?
Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 22:49 - Jan 20 with 4632 viewsthame_hoops

Wednesday, Man City, Leeds, always have sold out the away ends going back to the mid 80s, I remember them playing in a purple kit on the AstroTurf and as a kid and being amazed at how loud their support was (87?)
Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 10:34 - Jan 21 with 4261 viewsLongsufferingR

Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 20:47 - Jan 20 by stainrods_elbow

Why do these "core" supporters not buy a seat anyway if they are such staunch fans?
Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 10:40 - Jan 21 with 4236 viewsingeminate

Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 22:41 - Jan 20 by daveB

where are these core supporters?

Ah, he's got the words all wrong, of course there are core supporters who sit in all parts of the ground - and who would have no interest in standing for 90 minutes.

Plus suggesting Hoos etc have a vested interest in killing atmosphere is dotty.

That said I've no doubt that if safe standing was introduced in the Loft then the atmosphere would be louder/more febrile than it is now.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 10:43 - Jan 21 with 4222 viewsdaveB

Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 10:40 - Jan 21 by ingeminate

Ah, he's got the words all wrong, of course there are core supporters who sit in all parts of the ground - and who would have no interest in standing for 90 minutes.

Plus suggesting Hoos etc have a vested interest in killing atmosphere is dotty.

That said I've no doubt that if safe standing was introduced in the Loft then the atmosphere would be louder/more febrile than it is now.

Safe standing isn't an option, the cheaper tickets in Ellerslie have improved atmosphere imo as well as the team being a lot better. For the last 20+ years the bulk of the atmosphere at QPR had come from the Q, P and r blocks rather than the lower loft.

if the lower loft was open up to all for Friday it wouldn't make a scrap of difference to the atmosphere, it's the worst stand to create an atmosphere as it is virtually all open air so any noise made is lost rather than carried around the stadium
Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 10:53 - Jan 21 with 4207 viewsingeminate

Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 10:43 - Jan 21 by daveB

Safe standing isn't an option, the cheaper tickets in Ellerslie have improved atmosphere imo as well as the team being a lot better. For the last 20+ years the bulk of the atmosphere at QPR had come from the Q, P and r blocks rather than the lower loft.

if the lower loft was open up to all for Friday it wouldn't make a scrap of difference to the atmosphere, it's the worst stand to create an atmosphere as it is virtually all open air so any noise made is lost rather than carried around the stadium

Not an option currently, but I reckon at some stage that will change. I started standing back of the R block back around '98 I think, numbers swelled after the Portsmouth game, just looked it up and that was in '97 - I'd fully fully agree the Loft has been near dead for decades in terms of atmosphere, way before family seating was introduced.

if there were terraces put back in the Loft the atmosphere would sky rocket.For whatever reason being stood up and packed together takes things to another level atmosphere wise. I was fairly young when they were ripped out, but memories as a kid were that the Loft end in a big match was like nothing else I've experienced at QPR since.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 11:41 - Jan 21 with 4118 viewsMick_S

Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 19:05 - Jan 20 by LongsufferingR

Still pretty much the same. Mid sections upper Loft ok, the rest is a bit sparse. Plenty of time, though.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 11:52 - Jan 21 with 4094 viewshamptonhillhoop

I take it if you're a season ticket holder and you've bought one, they're automatically added to your card?
Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 13:17 - Jan 21 with 3952 viewsstowmarketrange

Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 11:52 - Jan 21 by hamptonhillhoop

I take it if you're a season ticket holder and you've bought one, they're automatically added to your card?

Unless you buy a different seat,which I did for the last round.We have 4 in a row and 1 in the row behind and I couldn’t remember who sat where so I just booked all 5 online.
I managed to get 2 out of 5 in the right seats,but the other 3 were paper tickets sent out in the post.
Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 13:19 - Jan 21 with 3943 viewsMaggsinho

Yep, my season ticket seat is loaded in the App so will be on the card too.
Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 13:27 - Jan 21 with 3911 viewssmegma

No they're not
Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 14:27 - Jan 21 with 3810 viewsdaveB

Wednesday bringing 3,000 for the Cup on 10:53 - Jan 21 by ingeminate

Not an option currently, but I reckon at some stage that will change. I started standing back of the R block back around '98 I think, numbers swelled after the Portsmouth game, just looked it up and that was in '97 - I'd fully fully agree the Loft has been near dead for decades in terms of atmosphere, way before family seating was introduced.

if there were terraces put back in the Loft the atmosphere would sky rocket.For whatever reason being stood up and packed together takes things to another level atmosphere wise. I was fairly young when they were ripped out, but memories as a kid were that the Loft end in a big match was like nothing else I've experienced at QPR since.

I think if people really want to stand then they should be able to in a safe standing area, I'm not convinced it will improve the atmosphere though. When your teams playing crap and it's an poor game doesn't matter of you are standing or sitting the atmosphere is usually not great
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024