Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
just cancelled Sky sports 19:58 - Mar 17 with 10368 viewsBlackCrowe

Well there seems little point in paying Virgin £40 a month for bugger all live content. She tried to convince me to stick around but knew she was on a sticky wicket - even if she'd dropped to a tenner it wouldn't made a difference. That's one business i won't lose sleep over.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

just cancelled Sky sports on 20:48 - Mar 19 with 2185 views100percent

just cancelled Sky sports on 19:36 - Mar 19 by paulparker

Tried tonight and surprise surprise they are not answering calls in regards of billing & there is nothing on the screen to cancel your package
Utter kunts

same same. tweeted the sky help team. they answered initially and haven't come back to me again yet.....
just cancelled Sky sports on 20:51 - Mar 19 with 2167 viewsozexile

just cancelled Sky sports on 06:57 - Mar 18 by Northernr

They announced last night they're offering a pause on accounts and then just reactivate when the sport starts. I'll be doing that once the NRL calls it quits...

NRL still going strong!! Bulldogs getting whipped again.
just cancelled Sky sports on 21:38 - Mar 19 with 2129 viewsDavieQPR

As regards Virgin Media. If you take away the Sky channels, all the duplicates like HD and +1, Radio channels, channels in Welsh or Scottish and Freeview and loads of News channels then you are not left with much. That's why I cancelled a few weeks ago and got Netflix for a fraction of the cost.
just cancelled Sky sports on 23:17 - Mar 19 with 2053 viewsIrishR

Just to update there is a pause button on the web portal now. Pretty seamless and they will apparently automatically resume it when the sport comes back on.
just cancelled Sky sports on 23:40 - Mar 19 with 2039 viewsTW_R

just cancelled Sky sports on 23:17 - Mar 19 by IrishR

Just to update there is a pause button on the web portal now. Pretty seamless and they will apparently automatically resume it when the sport comes back on.

Thanks - that was easy. Took about 2 mins.
just cancelled Sky sports on 08:39 - Mar 20 with 1926 viewsPikey

Yes pause button brilliant took a couple of minutes and they have already adjusted my account. Also keep the channels and they will automatically reinstate at appropriate time.
Think they've done rather well to set all that up in less than a week.
just cancelled Sky sports on 10:16 - Mar 20 with 1869 viewspaulparker

Does anyone know how to find this portal ? Won’t let me do it online

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

just cancelled Sky sports on 10:20 - Mar 20 with 1859 viewsPikey

They sent me an email yesterday with a link
Login to get fewer ads

just cancelled Sky sports on 10:38 - Mar 20 with 1833 viewsTW_R

just cancelled Sky sports on 10:16 - Mar 20 by paulparker

It's on their homepage mate.

www.sky.com - there's a box on the right-hand side that has the Sky Sports logo in it.
just cancelled Sky sports on 10:49 - Mar 20 with 1814 viewsrrrspricey

just cancelled Sky sports on 10:16 - Mar 20 by paulparker

Just did mine here PP https://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sports/pause

Took a few attempts as kept saying temporarily unavailable but did it eventually!
just cancelled Sky sports on 11:20 - Mar 20 with 1776 viewsSilverfoxqpr

just cancelled Sky sports on 10:49 - Mar 20 by rrrspricey

Just did mine here PP https://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sports/pause

Took a few attempts as kept saying temporarily unavailable but did it eventually!

Thanks for that, all done.
just cancelled Sky sports on 11:28 - Mar 20 with 1754 viewspaulparker

Thanks lads il give it a go now

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

just cancelled Sky sports on 13:08 - Mar 20 with 1692 viewsbrad

so have i.......waited 30 minutes... said an hour...whats the use when theres no live sport..
just cancelled Sky sports on 13:13 - Mar 20 with 1676 viewsMelakaRanger

Yesterday evening I managed to pause my sky sports subscription online. The Sky Covid page had a big PAUSE button to click on.

The whole thing took just 10 seconds
just cancelled Sky sports on 14:23 - Mar 20 with 1622 viewsingeminate

just cancelled Sky sports on 13:13 - Mar 20 by MelakaRanger

Yesterday evening I managed to pause my sky sports subscription online. The Sky Covid page had a big PAUSE button to click on.

The whole thing took just 10 seconds

I spent an hour on the phone yesterday morning. My sky man said was clueless and said the pause option was a myth and I’d have to cancel and risk getting it back on worse terms😂😂

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

just cancelled Sky sports on 14:32 - Mar 20 with 1609 viewsDiscodroids

just cancelled Sky sports on 14:23 - Mar 20 by ingeminate

I spent an hour on the phone yesterday morning. My sky man said was clueless and said the pause option was a myth and I’d have to cancel and risk getting it back on worse terms😂😂

BT Sport,

Unless you're planning to exclusively bring back Jonathon E & Moonpie over the coming weeks, It's unjust in extremis to charge loyal customers £29.99/Month for effectively, a Sports History Channel.

BT need to Follow Sky Sports & introduce an On Line pause option.

(Apologies ingeminate, didn't mean to qoute your post).
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 14:38]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

just cancelled Sky sports on 14:34 - Mar 20 with 1604 viewsRamseyR

I would if paused if the option was there at the time, but have cancelled now.

Been threatening to do it for years anyway. I won't automatically start it up again, when football resumes and try and wean myself of it
Other options out there, especially if the terms are not favourable should I decide to jump back in.
Sky have ruined football...somewhat satisfying to see their revenue take such a hit.
just cancelled Sky sports on 15:49 - Mar 20 with 1552 viewsSilverfoxqpr

just cancelled Sky sports on 14:32 - Mar 20 by Discodroids

BT Sport,

Unless you're planning to exclusively bring back Jonathon E & Moonpie over the coming weeks, It's unjust in extremis to charge loyal customers £29.99/Month for effectively, a Sports History Channel.

BT need to Follow Sky Sports & introduce an On Line pause option.

(Apologies ingeminate, didn't mean to qoute your post).
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 14:38]

Literately just came back on here to warn those of us who have BT Sport that there's currently no option to freeze it. Just tried. Surely they'll catch up and offer this? Meanwhile Sky and my gym membership now on hold. No more 'body attack' classes with all the 20 something city girls for me for 3 months. This is serious.
just cancelled Sky sports on 18:08 - Mar 20 with 1482 viewspaulparker

Tried that link lads it’s not working, I’m gonna Just cancel my DD and let them call me

just cancelled Sky sports on 13:16 - Mar 22 with 1353 viewsRs_Holy

Just reached tipping point... Sky Football (Channel 403) having a Leeds day FFS! That's everything up until around 6 o'clock is Leeds related or Leeds highlights ... It was bad enough whilst we had live footy but the obsession is even worse now!
Definitely cancelling now.
just cancelled Sky sports on 22:22 - Mar 22 with 1261 viewsdaveB

being trying to pause Sky for a day now but times out every time, why they don't just automatically pause everyones account is beyond me
just cancelled Sky sports on 22:33 - Mar 22 with 1243 viewsOldPedro

just cancelled Sky sports on 22:22 - Mar 22 by daveB

being trying to pause Sky for a day now but times out every time, why they don't just automatically pause everyones account is beyond me

same here

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

just cancelled Sky sports on 22:53 - Mar 22 with 1206 viewsMatch82

just cancelled Sky sports on 13:16 - Mar 22 by Rs_Holy

Just reached tipping point... Sky Football (Channel 403) having a Leeds day FFS! That's everything up until around 6 o'clock is Leeds related or Leeds highlights ... It was bad enough whilst we had live footy but the obsession is even worse now!
Definitely cancelling now.

I would however watch a 30 minute special where the reporter goes around pranking irate Leeds fans by telling them that the season is being forfeited
just cancelled Sky sports on 08:09 - Mar 23 with 1139 viewsNorthernr

NRL has gone now as well so I'll be trying to do this today.
just cancelled Sky sports on 08:46 - Mar 23 with 1114 viewsNorthernr

Must have got it during some downtime because it was instantaneous for me. Took about 10 seconds from beginning to end.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024