Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Furlough, there's only one Furlough 17:11 - Apr 1 with 6428 viewsMedwayR

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/all-qpr-staff-take-voluntary-pay-cut/

Bullsh*t if you ask me, why should the taxpayer prop up football clubs.

Poll: Who’s better?

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 10:28 - Apr 2 with 1488 viewsrsonist

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 09:29 - Apr 2 by terryb

I hope (and think) that the players will take a pay cut.

It may be that they have to tell the PFA to accept this though!

It is madness for any speculation on "summer" transfers. Nobody has a clue when the window will be open or what any player's valuation currently is!

They will certainly be lower than they were at the beginning of March. On another board I saw a story that The Sun (obviously this rules out any truth) state that EZE is now worth £9 million & West Ham have tabled an offer!

Complete & utter b******s!

No doubt rubbish given the source but it's reasonable to expect prices to go down across the board for a long time after this. Whether £9m will be the new £20m again 1994-style though who can say.

(Clearly the Allams at Hull have been geniuses all along...)
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 10:41 - Apr 2 with 1460 viewsNorthernr

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 10:17 - Apr 2 by stevec

Going forward, imagine the EFL will have to write off this season in terms of FFP.

I don't see how you go about imposing FFP on anybody for the very forseeable future.
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 10:52 - Apr 2 with 1442 viewshantssi

It’s quite simple, put them all on furlough and let them live on £2,500 a month like the average Joe!
Can’t see a problem with this after al they’re not fulfilling their main contractual obligation of actually playing football.
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 11:01 - Apr 2 with 1429 viewsfrancisbowles

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 10:52 - Apr 2 by hantssi

It’s quite simple, put them all on furlough and let them live on £2,500 a month like the average Joe!
Can’t see a problem with this after al they’re not fulfilling their main contractual obligation of actually playing football.

It's a complicated problem. They are on fixed length contracts. They are paid whether they play or not. They are not withdrawing their labour. The clubs won't cancel their contracts as they would then become free agents and would be due compensation. So the only way to get a reduction or deferral is by negotiation.
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 11:25 - Apr 2 with 1411 viewsLazyFan

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 10:18 - Apr 2 by derbyhoop

For players whose contracts expire on June 30, if there is still no football at that point, would the clubs be covered if they said the players aren't going to get the contracts extended. Would it be OK to state the contract will only be extended if player takes a furlough.

I'm guessing it would only apply to players the clubs planned to release.10% of squad?
Can't see Liverpool allowing Mo Salah to move to Man City for nothing.

This is what the PFA is arguing.

Our players take a pay cut but then in June you dump them and the virus is still going and the ones outside the Prem even on good money still have mortgages. So, they face hardship for being good and taking a cut, while the owners can still sell the land/stadium and any other asset in a fire sale and still have their home. This is not about the Prem players, it's about the players below that. Its about your hard grafter Domnic Ball, type players who play well but won't be on the big monies but who unlike Ball may be out of contract.

The solution is simple, players take a furlough cut, but all contracts are extended by 3 months. If the situation has not improved, another 3 months and so on until we return to some sort of normal. This way those coming to the end of their contracts don't lose out and also we can possibly continue the season with everyone staying in their respective teams with the transfer window changing to accommodate.

Some clubs will have an advantage as injured players return ahead of games when they would have done. But all that mean's is better football for all, when it all returns, even behind closed doors. If the clubs agreed to that, then I am sure the PFA would be happy and we could all move on.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 11:32 - Apr 2 with 1401 viewshantssi

I’m on a contract with my company as a Building Services Estimator but as we’ve got nothing in to estimate I’m on furlough!
Contractually I really can’t see any difference.
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 13:24 - Apr 2 with 1337 viewsRussian__Bot

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 10:52 - Apr 2 by hantssi

What about a player who has bought himself a £3,000,000 house somewhere nice

Puts down a 25% deposit that's £12k a month. Has a car on finance because interest is nothing say 2k a month. Knows the footy wages won't last for ever. Has another 3 flats he owns. £5k a month normally covered by mostly by rental but tenants aren't paying as out of work now.

To say there is no reason you can’t just give them. 2.5k is based on envy I guess. But having said that, top end footballers need to take a cut. Cash needs to be passed on to lower league clubs etc

But there needs to be a single agreed solution by PFA and all clubs.

Because otherwise some of the better off ruthless clubs will use this to their competitive advantage.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2020 13:25]
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 13:36 - Apr 2 with 1326 viewshantssi

It’s not based on envy at all!
Most people take out a mortgage based on their salary, if that is reduce to £2.5K a month (£30K a year) they’re going to struggle.
We seem to accept these people are immune to everyday troubles that the rest of us struggle with.
I’m going to struggle but I’m lucky that my wife works and we’ll just have to get through it.
Login to get fewer ads

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 09:58 - Apr 8 with 1134 viewsstevec

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1026956369?-:

Yeah I know, Martin Samuel.. Daily Mail.. blah blah blah

But could it work?

Probably depends on how many clubs have their ground in separate limited companies.
And fines imposed on clubs that go into administration, say £20 million for arguments sake, written off, keen slate?
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 11:29 - Apr 8 with 1081 viewsrobith

Probably gonna get put on furlough myself on the 20th. What excuse am I gonna use to get out of fixing up the garden now?
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 11:34 - Apr 8 with 1068 viewsJuzzie

My partner (and all her colleagues) got put on furlough yesterday for three weeks.
IIRC, they said they'll still get paid in full via the company in the normal way. 80% will be covered by the government and 20% by the company.

Right, there's no excuse now for her to not sort out the tons of kids clothes & toys we have in the loft and bedrooms!!
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 11:44 - Apr 8 with 1056 viewsderbyhoop

All those jobs you promised to get round to, if you had the time.
Guess, we've all got more time than we wanted.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 12:00 - Apr 8 with 1031 viewsMedwayR

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 09:58 - Apr 8 by stevec

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1026956369?-:

Yeah I know, Martin Samuel.. Daily Mail.. blah blah blah

But could it work?

Probably depends on how many clubs have their ground in separate limited companies.
And fines imposed on clubs that go into administration, say £20 million for arguments sake, written off, keen slate?

Not a chance of it happening. Can you imagine us agreeing to make Eze, BOS, Manning, Chair etc free agents, Birmingham making Bellingham a free agent, Forest with Matty Cash etc etc. Then expect the players and their agents to come back to the club to agree new contracts without Prem/foreign club coming in to steal them away. Ridiculous idea. No way would any club want to take the risk.

Poll: Who’s better?

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 12:20 - Apr 8 with 1013 viewsBostonR

The EFL will survive but it will look different as quite a few clubs are probably already broke but not calling it out. Will there still be enough teams to make League 1&2 viable - I doubt it.

How about clubs in steps 6-1? I read that there is just over 13 million left in this year's FA Cup prize fund. Someone has suggested that could be shared out along these lines:
Share this out to non league clubs.
£5k for every side at step 6.
£10k for every side at step 5.
£15k at step 4.
£20k at step 3
£30k at step 2
£50k at step 1
This could save grassroots football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024