Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scottish football in disarray 20:06 - Apr 8 with 4805 viewsloftboy

Plans below the SPL to end the season and award average points per game for the remainder, causing mass division between this that will benefit and those that won’t.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Scottish football in disarray on 23:12 - Apr 12 with 1238 viewsAntti_Heinola

Scottish football in disarray on 22:23 - Apr 12 by loftboy

Wasn’t it to do with teams getting to March and then buying a rivals top player to either get themselves out of trouble or to give them the extra oomph to win the league.

Yeah that's the main one - big teams stepping in and hoovering up players they don't need to improve their chances.

Still, I miss the days when you'd turn up to games and see someone you didn't recognise warming up and think 'who's that?' and discover you'd signed George Ndah that morning.

Or not, in our case.

Bare bones.

Scottish football in disarray on 23:23 - Apr 12 with 1226 viewskarl

It does seem the biggest hurdle the Scottish game has is our new TV deal, we're talking about ending this seasons mixed BT/Sky deal for games and then a new more lucrative Sky one is, supposed to start on July 22nd.
Trouble with cramming in games and delaying the start is what Sky might do with renegotiating deal?
League reconstruction is the sop for Hearts where we'll end up with a top league of 14 and a trimmed down League Cup I would think, will probably have 2 lower leagues of 14 as well and this would basically involve adding top 2 from Championship to 12 in SPL, promote 6 from League 1 and then amalgamate the rest of League 1 with 2, no promotion from regional leagues.
The big gain from this is no one gets relegated but the top clubs get promoted, albeit L2 basically stay the same.
There will have to be a split after 3 games top 6/bottom 8 which is OK as we're used to that but it's where do we fit the extra games in particularly if the season is delayed?
Apparently there's been advice given that no games can be played till 6 weeks pre season training has taken place for safety reasons, SFA announced this week there is to be no organised football, training otherwise, at any level until June 10th at least. 6 weeks before the new TV deal...

Edit. The way clubs are acting now is a bit of a shambles but I do think as soon as any league announces relegations then there will be similar outcry, won't be a uniquely Scottish football thing
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 23:26]
Scottish football in disarray on 23:52 - Apr 12 with 1197 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Scottish football in disarray on 23:09 - Apr 12 by karl

Don't you dis Harray!

Not an island Baz but a parish so you were close😂
Each parish has a nickname and the only one without a coast is the..... Harray crabs!

I think I caught those last time I was over.

👀
Scottish football in disarray on 23:59 - Apr 12 with 1190 viewskarl

Scottish football in disarray on 23:52 - Apr 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

I think I caught those last time I was over.

👀

We ate on the boundary, I'm sure that's where you'd have caught them!
Don't worry you can always say you got them off me, best stop digging tbf...
Scottish football in disarray on 11:03 - Apr 13 with 1077 viewsfrancisbowles

Scottish football in disarray on 21:57 - Apr 12 by Northernr

Ditch them altogether? Fcking ridiculous restraint of trade and employment rights anyway. Can anybody actually come up with a cogent argument for why we have them at all?

Before transfer windows, players could move clubs up to a transfer deadline which I believe was sometime in March. The idea of a deadline day was to try and stop clubs buying players to put a, very late, fresh impetus into their championship, promotion or relegation efforts.

That was in England, I think other countries had their own rules.

Transfers became more international in the 70's, with the likes of Muhren and Thysen at Ipswich and a little later Ardilles and Villa at Spurs, so I guess FIFA tried to standardise the system as much as possible.

Can't remember when the change came in though.
Scottish football in disarray on 15:30 - Apr 23 with 940 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52381370
Scottish football in disarray on 18:03 - Apr 23 with 874 viewsElHoop

Scottish football in disarray on 21:57 - Apr 12 by Northernr

Ditch them altogether? Fcking ridiculous restraint of trade and employment rights anyway. Can anybody actually come up with a cogent argument for why we have them at all?

Yeah best idea of the lot - get rid of the deadline completely until the last couple of months, as someone else has said. There's no case for it when half of the clubs will be skint and selling a player might mean that more survive.

The Jim Gregorys of this world would have been rubbing their hands at the opportunity to wheel and deal again - had there been any of that type of chairman remaining.
Scottish football in disarray on 22:36 - Apr 23 with 836 viewskarl

Scottish football in disarray on 15:30 - Apr 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52381370

Strangely enough the opposite to this table
https://bulls.je/league-table/
And they're not getting title or promotion.

It's not just Scottish football in disarray! âš½
Login to get fewer ads

Scottish football in disarray on 22:51 - Apr 23 with 820 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Scottish football in disarray on 22:36 - Apr 23 by karl

Strangely enough the opposite to this table
https://bulls.je/league-table/
And they're not getting title or promotion.

It's not just Scottish football in disarray! âš½

You’d be gutted. That’s some record by the way!
Scottish football in disarray on 00:01 - Apr 24 with 804 viewskarl

Scottish football in disarray on 22:51 - Apr 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

You’d be gutted. That’s some record by the way!

Tbh given our history with them, I'm delighted!! 😂
Scottish football in disarray on 00:22 - Apr 24 with 797 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Scottish football in disarray on 00:01 - Apr 24 by karl

Tbh given our history with them, I'm delighted!! 😂

I wonder if Le Tiss still puts his boots on 😆
Scottish football in disarray on 09:43 - Apr 24 with 747 viewskarl

Scottish football in disarray on 00:22 - Apr 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

I wonder if Le Tiss still puts his boots on 😆

Him and Le Saux were Guernsey, I'm pretty sure Le Tiss played within the last 4yrs when they had an horrendous backlog of games to finish a season?
They've been competing longer in the leagues so further up the pyramid than Jersey, who are in their first season.
It is a shame they're not getting promoted.
Scottish football in disarray on 09:48 - Apr 24 with 741 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Scottish football in disarray on 09:43 - Apr 24 by karl

Him and Le Saux were Guernsey, I'm pretty sure Le Tiss played within the last 4yrs when they had an horrendous backlog of games to finish a season?
They've been competing longer in the leagues so further up the pyramid than Jersey, who are in their first season.

Jersey / Guernsey / Orkney / Shetland it’s all the same isn’t it? 😆

Mate of mine is a East Grinstead season ticket holder who are a couple of leagues above and was saying the fixture machine had to be tinkered with to accommodate flights and travel. They basically can’t play midweek.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2020 9:49]
Scottish football in disarray on 09:53 - Apr 24 with 738 viewsterryb

Scottish football in disarray on 09:43 - Apr 24 by karl

Of course I don't know, but I think there ia a good chance that Jersey will play at a higher level next even though they are not promoted or champions.

Vavancies will appear further up the pyramid & I would expect them to be first in line at their level.

I think South Shields are now in a minority of one in contesting this decision!
Scottish football in disarray on 10:13 - Apr 24 with 729 viewskarl

Scottish football in disarray on 09:48 - Apr 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

Jersey / Guernsey / Orkney / Shetland it’s all the same isn’t it? 😆

Mate of mine is a East Grinstead season ticket holder who are a couple of leagues above and was saying the fixture machine had to be tinkered with to accommodate flights and travel. They basically can’t play midweek.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2020 9:49]

Shocker!
Ive seen some articles and spoke to couple of their hangers on and apparently they have to fund their opponents travel and accommodation to the island if they want to compete in the league.
Guernseys bill for this and their own costs for away games was £100k for previous season!
The Le Tiss thing about him playing was, I think, due to them having to play midweek games on mainland and they were basically just signing up whoever they could to fulfill the fixtures.
Scottish football in disarray on 13:08 - Apr 24 with 689 viewsozranger

Scottish football in disarray on 10:13 - Apr 24 by karl

Shocker!
Ive seen some articles and spoke to couple of their hangers on and apparently they have to fund their opponents travel and accommodation to the island if they want to compete in the league.
Guernseys bill for this and their own costs for away games was £100k for previous season!
The Le Tiss thing about him playing was, I think, due to them having to play midweek games on mainland and they were basically just signing up whoever they could to fulfill the fixtures.

It was also why they were part of the Isthmian South East as that league's teams were the closest to Gatwick.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024