Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I had a spot of bother. 13:49 - May 26 with 7684 viewsconnell10

Hello folks I ain't posted on here for a while because I'm recovering from a stroke. Oh and I had covid-19. It all started on the 23rd of March i had come into contct with someone who later showed signs of the virus. So I decided to self isolate I felt fine until a few days in when I started to feel sick flu like symptoms without a cough which I never had through out . Then I couldn't get out of bed for 3 days then into the 2and week I started to feel better, I just developed the cant smell.or taste business. On April 2and I got out of bed and went to brush my teeth the toothbrush fell out of hand , mmmm strange I thought so I tried the other hand same thing both hands no feeling that is when I thought I'd call the ambulance which was no mean feat without the use of my hands. Ambulance came and I was rushed to Charing Cross Stroke unit and diagnosed with a small bleed on the left hand side of my brain. I explained that I been self isolating so they tested my for covid 19 on the Thursday on the Saturday I was diagnosed with covid19. Taken down and put in the coranvirus section in a side ward on my own 5 days later I was let home . They said my stroke was caused by high blood pressure! Anyway I'm getting slot better use of both hands, no speech impediment but get fatigue really easy. I'm 55 didn't expect this but you just have to get on with it . The hardest part is not seeing my family because I could do with a hug. Anyway that's all folks sorry for any spelling mistakes or bad grammar but to text this much is a victory considering I couldn't pick a phone up a couple of months ago. U rssssss!
[Post edited 26 May 2020 13:51]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

I had a spot of bother. on 14:17 - Jun 1 with 794 viewsDannytheR

Yeah, apparently a load of hospitals are already planning to trial the blood-thinner Heparin as a potential treatment.

Coming at it from a position of pretty much total medical ignorance, the blood clot stuff suddenly makes sense of what doctors have been saying for weeks and weeks now, which is that this causes all manner of symptoms that just don't add up for a supposedly respiratory virus. (Strokes being one of them.)

Hope Connell doesn't mind this being on his thread, stick it in the Corona one if so!
I had a spot of bother. on 14:32 - Jun 1 with 782 viewsDiscodroids

Only just seen this. God bless you mate.

For some reason i thought of you watching ' minder' the other day when Arthur was talking to this character about hiring a karaoke machine for the Winchester club 'to cheer up the QPR punters after Roy Wegerle missed a penalty in the Cup'.

I think it was because the karaoke machine bloke spoke like you post. Either that or i was overdosing on charcoal tablets sending me unhinged.

Get well you brave man.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

I had a spot of bother. on 14:34 - Jun 1 with 774 viewsNorthernr

I had a spot of bother. on 14:17 - Jun 1 by DannytheR

Yeah, apparently a load of hospitals are already planning to trial the blood-thinner Heparin as a potential treatment.

Coming at it from a position of pretty much total medical ignorance, the blood clot stuff suddenly makes sense of what doctors have been saying for weeks and weeks now, which is that this causes all manner of symptoms that just don't add up for a supposedly respiratory virus. (Strokes being one of them.)

Hope Connell doesn't mind this being on his thread, stick it in the Corona one if so!

Wasn't there something floating around at the start that if you took Ibruprofen/Aspirin to alleviate the initial symptoms it actually made it much worse much faster?
I had a spot of bother. on 14:54 - Jun 1 with 746 viewsDannytheR

I had a spot of bother. on 14:34 - Jun 1 by Northernr

Wasn't there something floating around at the start that if you took Ibruprofen/Aspirin to alleviate the initial symptoms it actually made it much worse much faster?

Yeah, there was a story early on that Ibuprofen might make inflammation worse if you had the virus and people should take Paracetamol instead. Then a bit later, more research came out and said no, hang on, it's safe after all, which of course got less attention. (I only kept an eye on it myself as my missus bought what appears to be a lifetime supply of Nurofen Cold & Flu right before lockdown.)

Yet more proof of how mad the learning curve has had to be with this for the medical community - trying to stop people dying with one hand while still trying to work out what the fk it is that's actually killing them with the other.
I had a spot of bother. on 15:25 - Jun 1 with 717 viewskensalriser

There's a quite a lot of difference between a blood thinner and Ibuprofen.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

I had a spot of bother. on 23:07 - Jun 1 with 648 viewsGloryHunter

I had a spot of bother. on 09:57 - Jun 1 by Northernr

Interesting reading in this context...

https://elemental.medium.com/coronavirus-may-be-a-blood-vessel-disease-which-exp

That's very interesting. Mrs GloryHunter had the red swollen toes, along with the headache and explosive diarrhea. No raised temperature, though. She is now even more convinced she has had it, and I'm convinced I've had it. But we are both getting texts telling us we should be shielding.
I had a spot of bother. on 00:22 - Jun 2 with 613 viewsBoston

I had a spot of bother. on 23:07 - Jun 1 by GloryHunter

That's very interesting. Mrs GloryHunter had the red swollen toes, along with the headache and explosive diarrhea. No raised temperature, though. She is now even more convinced she has had it, and I'm convinced I've had it. But we are both getting texts telling us we should be shielding.

Well if you opt for South Shields there’s a lot of good curry houses - though that might not help with Mrs Gloryhunters malady.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 0:52]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024