Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I had a spot of bother. 13:49 - May 26 with 7685 viewsconnell10

Hello folks I ain't posted on here for a while because I'm recovering from a stroke. Oh and I had covid-19. It all started on the 23rd of March i had come into contct with someone who later showed signs of the virus. So I decided to self isolate I felt fine until a few days in when I started to feel sick flu like symptoms without a cough which I never had through out . Then I couldn't get out of bed for 3 days then into the 2and week I started to feel better, I just developed the cant smell.or taste business. On April 2and I got out of bed and went to brush my teeth the toothbrush fell out of hand , mmmm strange I thought so I tried the other hand same thing both hands no feeling that is when I thought I'd call the ambulance which was no mean feat without the use of my hands. Ambulance came and I was rushed to Charing Cross Stroke unit and diagnosed with a small bleed on the left hand side of my brain. I explained that I been self isolating so they tested my for covid 19 on the Thursday on the Saturday I was diagnosed with covid19. Taken down and put in the coranvirus section in a side ward on my own 5 days later I was let home . They said my stroke was caused by high blood pressure! Anyway I'm getting slot better use of both hands, no speech impediment but get fatigue really easy. I'm 55 didn't expect this but you just have to get on with it . The hardest part is not seeing my family because I could do with a hug. Anyway that's all folks sorry for any spelling mistakes or bad grammar but to text this much is a victory considering I couldn't pick a phone up a couple of months ago. U rssssss!
[Post edited 26 May 2020 13:51]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

I had a spot of bother. on 12:18 - May 27 with 1431 viewsDannytheR

Excellent to have you back - glad you've made it through in one piece, high blood pressure is a nightmare but can be dealt with once you're feeling stronger. Upwards and onwards from here mate!
I had a spot of bother. on 12:18 - May 27 with 1431 viewsdaveB

great to hear you are on the mend, what a horrific couple of weeks that sounded like.
I had a spot of bother. on 12:35 - May 27 with 1406 viewsBrixtonR

Glad you are back and feeling better. Sounds like you are doing well with the recovery after everything.
I had a spot of bother. on 14:14 - May 27 with 1349 viewsR_from_afar

So glad that you are back mate. What a rough ride! I hope you're soon fully recovered.

Your story reminds me of my Rangers supporting mate. He has prostrate cancer and was waiting for an op when COVID-19 kicked in. Sensibly, he self-isolated but then - man alive - he had a stroke. He's recovering well now, but he has also been through it.

All the best.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

I had a spot of bother. on 16:06 - May 27 with 1303 viewsconnell10

Just wanna say thank you for all the lovely posts, I'm really gobsmack with how kind you lot are. Thank you brothers and sisters.

I had a spot of bother. on 17:21 - May 27 with 1261 viewsJAPRANGERS

Sorry to read about all your troubles. But I am glad to hear that you are recovering!

All the best!
I had a spot of bother. on 17:36 - May 27 with 1246 viewsMancR

Blimey mate that's a shocker. Welcome back and take care 💪
I had a spot of bother. on 18:09 - May 27 with 1218 viewsdistortR

all the best, connell
Login to get fewer ads

I had a spot of bother. on 18:35 - May 27 with 1191 viewsLeedsR

Bl**dy hell, wasn’t expecting to read that! Glad to hear you’re on the mend! Take care and best wishes mate!
I had a spot of bother. on 08:14 - May 28 with 1129 viewsrobith

Good man yourself connell. Glad to hear you're on the mend
I had a spot of bother. on 09:39 - May 28 with 1115 viewsCamberleyR

Sounds like a narrow escape. All the best in your recovery fella.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

I had a spot of bother. on 10:29 - May 28 with 1096 viewsqprxtc

Welcome back connell. Do you still like cheese?

Edit: should have the read the comments first before posting this hilarious quip 🤔
[Post edited 28 May 2020 10:31]
I had a spot of bother. on 10:33 - May 28 with 1092 viewsloftus77

Well done, Connell, welcome back and stay safe.
I had a spot of bother. on 10:35 - May 28 with 1090 viewsToast_R

Sorry to hear about this, must have been terrifying, well done for battling back.
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:19 - May 28 with 1076 viewsDannyPaddox

Well done mate. You’re a survivor. There’ll be many more years left suffering the Rs for you 👍🏼
[Post edited 28 May 2020 11:21]
I had a spot of bother. on 15:12 - May 28 with 1034 viewsDannytheR

oops wrong thread!
[Post edited 28 May 2020 15:13]
I had a spot of bother. on 22:53 - May 30 with 935 viewszicoshoops

Bloody Hell.
Wishing you a swift and full recovery.
I had a spot of bother. on 07:56 - May 31 with 888 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Glad to see you back and doing well. I hope a full recovery is swift.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

I had a spot of bother. on 15:01 - May 31 with 841 viewsqprbeth

Hi Jon
Sorry I am so late but I had to find my password to this forum (it took a time), as you know I bum about on another one usually.
Sorry to hear from Roller that you have had it rough. You probably know now unfortunately high blood pressure and stroke is one of the nasty surprises that Covid has for some people ....and you of course were the one. I am so glad you are on the mend. Hang on in there and take it easy, it is ahrad thing to get over, so do not rush it.
We need to be back on the back row of the loft. We need your mince pies at Christmas time...but most of all we all need to go to the fish&chip shop with you when the Rs win 3-0. You promised!

Take care and I am looking forward to my hallo hug next time we are all there on the Loft
I had a spot of bother. on 17:03 - May 31 with 792 viewsconnell10

I had a spot of bother. on 15:01 - May 31 by qprbeth

Hi Jon
Sorry I am so late but I had to find my password to this forum (it took a time), as you know I bum about on another one usually.
Sorry to hear from Roller that you have had it rough. You probably know now unfortunately high blood pressure and stroke is one of the nasty surprises that Covid has for some people ....and you of course were the one. I am so glad you are on the mend. Hang on in there and take it easy, it is ahrad thing to get over, so do not rush it.
We need to be back on the back row of the loft. We need your mince pies at Christmas time...but most of all we all need to go to the fish&chip shop with you when the Rs win 3-0. You promised!

Take care and I am looking forward to my hallo hug next time we are all there on the Loft

Thanks Beth your a star x

I had a spot of bother. on 22:02 - May 31 with 747 viewsGloryHunter

Welcome back mate. You haven't missed much.
Can I just ask, did they give you any specific treatment for the brain bleed? (It's something that has been bothering me, because I'm on anti-coags following a recent heart event.)
I had a spot of bother. on 09:57 - Jun 1 with 706 viewsNorthernr

Interesting reading in this context...

https://elemental.medium.com/coronavirus-may-be-a-blood-vessel-disease-which-exp
I had a spot of bother. on 10:05 - Jun 1 with 698 viewsterryb

I had a spot of bother. on 09:57 - Jun 1 by Northernr

Interesting reading in this context...

https://elemental.medium.com/coronavirus-may-be-a-blood-vessel-disease-which-exp

Thanks for that.

At the end of last November I was diagnosed with blood ciots on both lungs, but thankfully last week I had a six monthly blood test that showed the clots have all disappeared.

I think I'm quite pleased that I didn't see this article until I was given the all clear!
I had a spot of bother. on 12:40 - Jun 1 with 671 viewsBoston

I had a spot of bother. on 10:05 - Jun 1 by terryb

Thanks for that.

At the end of last November I was diagnosed with blood ciots on both lungs, but thankfully last week I had a six monthly blood test that showed the clots have all disappeared.

I think I'm quite pleased that I didn't see this article until I was given the all clear!

Knew a couple of Jamaican fellas when I was a youngster, they were always on about their blaad chlaats.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

I had a spot of bother. on 14:05 - Jun 1 with 648 viewsPinnerPaul

All the best for a full recovery mate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024