Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I had a spot of bother. 13:49 - May 26 with 7683 viewsconnell10

Hello folks I ain't posted on here for a while because I'm recovering from a stroke. Oh and I had covid-19. It all started on the 23rd of March i had come into contct with someone who later showed signs of the virus. So I decided to self isolate I felt fine until a few days in when I started to feel sick flu like symptoms without a cough which I never had through out . Then I couldn't get out of bed for 3 days then into the 2and week I started to feel better, I just developed the cant smell.or taste business. On April 2and I got out of bed and went to brush my teeth the toothbrush fell out of hand , mmmm strange I thought so I tried the other hand same thing both hands no feeling that is when I thought I'd call the ambulance which was no mean feat without the use of my hands. Ambulance came and I was rushed to Charing Cross Stroke unit and diagnosed with a small bleed on the left hand side of my brain. I explained that I been self isolating so they tested my for covid 19 on the Thursday on the Saturday I was diagnosed with covid19. Taken down and put in the coranvirus section in a side ward on my own 5 days later I was let home . They said my stroke was caused by high blood pressure! Anyway I'm getting slot better use of both hands, no speech impediment but get fatigue really easy. I'm 55 didn't expect this but you just have to get on with it . The hardest part is not seeing my family because I could do with a hug. Anyway that's all folks sorry for any spelling mistakes or bad grammar but to text this much is a victory considering I couldn't pick a phone up a couple of months ago. U rssssss!
[Post edited 26 May 2020 13:51]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

I had a spot of bother. on 16:24 - May 26 with 1170 viewsMytch_QPR

I had a spot of bother. on 14:56 - May 26 by connell10

Hello Tel hopefully before long we will be at the back of the loft again drinking the finest red wine loftus road has to offer ! Lol

Welcome back mate and I'm glad to hear you are on the mend. In terms of the red wine, you'll be alright if your taste and smell are still on the blink!

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

I had a spot of bother. on 16:28 - May 26 with 1164 viewsmarky67

christ what a double whammy

get well soon connell
I had a spot of bother. on 16:28 - May 26 with 1162 viewsBlackCrowe

Blimey what a journey. best wishes for continued recovery Connell

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

I had a spot of bother. on 16:49 - May 26 with 1125 viewsLongsufferingR

Blimey, what an ordeal! Pleased you're on the mend and through the worst.

On the plus side, I understood every word of your post, which certainly wasn't the case with your posts before the stroke!
I had a spot of bother. on 19:25 - May 26 with 1039 viewsRoller

Good to see you back Jon and continuing to get better.

55 mate! Who are you trying to kid?

I suspect it will still be some time before we are discussing the merits of short corners from the back row of the upper loft.
I had a spot of bother. on 19:26 - May 26 with 1037 viewskensalriser

26 and counting upvotes for your having a stroke and getting covid seems a little harsh to me!

Good to see you back and hope you're getting the best advice on how to look after yourself. Rangers are unbeaten during your absence, by the way.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

I had a spot of bother. on 19:56 - May 26 with 1022 viewsStanisgod

Welcome back, been very quiet on here lately, nothing really happening

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

I had a spot of bother. on 21:38 - May 26 with 971 viewsPunteR

Yes Connell! Welcome back mate. Glad you're on the mend.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

I had a spot of bother. on 22:01 - May 26 with 936 viewsRanger_Things

Must have been horrific. Hope you are fully match fit soon.
I had a spot of bother. on 22:03 - May 26 with 928 viewsThe_Beast1976

Fair play for seeing both of these nasty things off. Pleased to hear you are now well on the way to recovery
(No subject) on 22:05 - May 26 with 923 viewsenfieldargh

What an horrendous time you've had and glad your back in the firing line, I mean on the board.

Thanks to your avatar I can only picture you as having a cup of tea with Olive and riding a side-car.

No qpr just now so blood pressure should be scrapping along the bottom.

Keep well mate, STAY SAFE!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

I had a spot of bother. on 22:16 - May 26 with 914 viewsbob566

Good luck mate. Hope you make a speedy recovery. That must have been nerve wracking
I had a spot of bother. on 22:22 - May 26 with 910 viewsdannyblue

Get well soon and keep posting
I had a spot of bother. on 22:37 - May 26 with 899 viewsWokingham_r

Welcome back
Hope you recover well
I had a spot of bother. on 00:08 - May 27 with 867 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Welcome back mate. Sounds like you've really been through it. Hope you continue to improve and get your hugs soon!
I had a spot of bother. on 00:30 - May 27 with 855 viewstimcocking

All the best my friend, chin up xxx
I had a spot of bother. on 00:48 - May 27 with 851 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I had a spot of bother. on 15:34 - May 26 by TacticalR

Glad you made it. I read somewhere that high blood pressure is the single largest underlying issue that affects patients admitted with coronavirus.

Welcome back Connell 10 ,baby steps are good right now hope you firmly on the road to recovery.
High blood pressure is bad when it comes to surviving Covid but Diabetes, obesity,and compromised immune system ranks higher I believe .
I am on medication for high blood pressure myself and the doc says strokes or heart attacks are the major dangers but that was before this virus showed up.Supposedly I have high cholesterol as well thanks to my Irish diet of as much fried food and dairy going back to my early days and no amount of greens are going to change that .
I hate to take any pills but they are a necessary evil sometimes .
I had a spot of bother. on 02:39 - May 27 with 817 viewsMiss_Terraces

Glad you're still here, I had thought the worst. Your return, is one of only a few positives in a thread of misery.

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

I had a spot of bother. on 08:05 - May 27 with 758 viewspeejaybee

All The Best.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

I had a spot of bother. on 08:16 - May 27 with 748 viewsHarrowRoadR

I had a spot of bother. on 08:05 - May 27 by peejaybee

All The Best.

Good news, glad you are on the mend John. Jo told me about your predicament, can't wait to hear your aftermatch thoughts!!! 😱
I had a spot of bother. on 08:16 - May 27 with 747 viewswestberksr

welcome back Connell; glad to hear you are on the road to recovery after your ordeal...

can we blame you for the Corona virus as prior to you mentioning it all was well with the world!
I had a spot of bother. on 08:27 - May 27 with 730 viewsHunterhoop

Bloody hell, Connell. Just read this. That is some ordeal! I didn’t know it could cause strokes via high blood pressure.. Fair play for having the speed of thought to get the ambulance out and doing so with no hands. Good to hear you’re on the mend. Hope the recovery continues to go well.
I had a spot of bother. on 08:45 - May 27 with 701 viewshook_hoops

You've certainly managed to squeeze some real life experiences into the last couple of months, Connell!

I'm glad to known that you're on the mend and wishing you a full and speedy recovery.
I had a spot of bother. on 11:13 - May 27 with 655 viewsNoelmc

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. Good to see you back on here.
I had a spot of bother. on 12:07 - May 27 with 622 viewsnix

Sounds like you've had a terrible time. Sending you a virtual girly hug 🤗 cos they are definitely very good for you. You're obviously made of very stern stuff to get through all that. I've just had the CV and that was bad enough. Only just feeling back to normal a couple of months in in terms of lung capacity, energy levels etc. Hope you're looking after yourself and trying to get that high blood pressure down. Look forward to seeing your posts and take care.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024