Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To much messing around! 15:06 - Jun 21 with 3585 viewsconnell10

The game yesterday was to me like a glorified friendly
Far to much stop start and water breaks. This is gonna be a struggle for me to watch.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

To much messing around! on 11:20 - Jun 22 with 764 viewsBrianMcCarthy

To much messing around! on 11:17 - Jun 22 by smegma

Our strategy seemed to be give it to Barbet or Kelly and go long ball. Every bloody time. I don’t think Chair or Amos touched the ball first half as it was literally over their heads every time.

I think that's right. I think we might have planned that knowing Barnsley would press us aggressively. In his post-match comments Warburton said Barnsley went with even more youth than they expected, as if they had expected youth/energy regardless.

the problem with going long on Saturday is that BOS was swamped and Hugill overpowered. It never stuck up there.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

To much messing around! on 11:21 - Jun 22 with 763 viewsBrianMcCarthy

To much messing around! on 10:36 - Jun 22 by daveB

One comfort i took from the weekend was that it wasn't just us who looked lethargic and not ready, i think only 4/5 sides I saw looked ready and most games were played at a really slow pace. Barnsley were the only side I saw who started a game quickly and it really worked for them. Maybe it will get better the more they play but it really felt like a pre season game

Ya, the hope is that ours was a one-off.

To much messing around! on 13:25 - Jun 22 with 715 viewsJuzzie

It feels to me teams with nothing to play for may be a bit more under par in their efforts compared to those chasing promotion or fighting relegation.

I know we’ll never know but I doubt we’d have lost that had it been played when originally scheduled. We certainly would have played a lot better I’m sure.
To much messing around! on 15:13 - Jun 22 with 679 viewsWokingham_r

To much messing around! on 08:29 - Jun 22 by R_from_afar

I wonder if letting Hall and Pugh go is also a contributory factor. Shedding players at the time we did, especially when they are experienced pros who are usually in the matchday squad when fit, does not send the message that the club is serious about going all out for the play-offs.

I know why we let them go and it does not excuse lack of effort and poor preparation, I just think it may also play a role.

Agree with this
To much messing around! on 16:16 - Jun 23 with 580 viewswelwynranger

To much messing around! on 18:55 - Jun 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Exactly,

Sorry, folks, but the players can have no excuse for yesterday. We can and should forgive dips in form, confidence and performance. We can not and should not excuse lack of fitness, preparation, professionalism, work-rate and/or desire. And we were lacking in some if not all of those departments.

Unacceptable.

Absolutely Brian. It's about one 11 against the opposition.
I've never been an advocate of fan advantage being a factor in a team playing well or winning a match.
If it were Wimbledon would never have won a game.
A good example 2009 Play Off Final.
Millwall allegedly had 48000 fans while Scunthorpe had 11000. Scunthorpe won
To much messing around! on 16:18 - Jun 23 with 576 viewsNorthernr

To much messing around! on 11:20 - Jun 22 by BrianMcCarthy

I think that's right. I think we might have planned that knowing Barnsley would press us aggressively. In his post-match comments Warburton said Barnsley went with even more youth than they expected, as if they had expected youth/energy regardless.

the problem with going long on Saturday is that BOS was swamped and Hugill overpowered. It never stuck up there.

I was a little bit disappointed with quite how often we went to bright on Saturday. Giving him the ball even when he's got three men around him doesn't give him or us much chance. Other passes are available.
To much messing around! on 14:32 - Jun 26 with 452 viewsBrianMcCarthy

To much messing around! on 16:16 - Jun 23 by welwynranger

Absolutely Brian. It's about one 11 against the opposition.
I've never been an advocate of fan advantage being a factor in a team playing well or winning a match.
If it were Wimbledon would never have won a game.
A good example 2009 Play Off Final.
Millwall allegedly had 48000 fans while Scunthorpe had 11000. Scunthorpe won

Excellent post welwyn, well reasoned with two great examples. External factors are exaggerated.

It's hard to explain the basics of sport without resorting to cliche, but put simply - when the shirt goes on the badge lodges over the heart, that's by design.

To much messing around! on 14:35 - Jun 26 with 444 viewsBrianMcCarthy

To much messing around! on 16:18 - Jun 23 by Northernr

I was a little bit disappointed with quite how often we went to bright on Saturday. Giving him the ball even when he's got three men around him doesn't give him or us much chance. Other passes are available.

I agree, Clive.

It seemed a pre-ordained plan to go long to BOS or Hugill to beat the expected youthful press. It could be seen clearly on the field, and extrapolated from MWW's post-match comments. As you say, though, we had no Plan B once it became obvious that Hugill was outmatched and once it was clear that BOS was swamped like a sweet-shop owner with the keys to the door.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024