Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who would you try to sign 17:34 - Jul 18 with 19336 viewsWrightUp5hit___

They keep telling us about the number of out of contact players looking for new clubs.

Add to that the players at clubs, where thanks to CoVid, there are going to be big, fire sale bargains.

So forgetting about the star players, that will still command premium prices, or Premier League shithousery and stockpiling. Who are the players that you would like to see at Loftus Road.

The Sheffield Wednesday Sam's, Winnall and Hutchison have been mentioned. Clive mentioned the well underrated Alex Mowatt. Tyrese Campbell would probably be a reach but maybe Stoke are heading into end of Sky money soon mode.

Anyways, who do you reckon?
Who would you try to sign on 12:54 - Jul 20 with 2895 viewsR_from_afar

He hasn't been in the starting line-up of late but Wycombe's Jombati has always looked like a good player to me. A tall, quick, alert centre back. Not that we *have to* buy from Wycombe, obs, but I doubt we could tempt their other CBs away for sensible money.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Who would you try to sign on 13:20 - Jul 20 with 2827 viewsDavieQPR

Not many mentions of young players with resale value. Mostly older players from clubs that finished below us. Doesn't really fit the current recruitment policy.
Who would you try to sign on 10:29 - Jul 24 with 2519 viewsrsonist

Tidbit in the Athletic article today about Forest's downfall:

Ben Watson, the ‘brains’ of this Forest side according to Lamouchi and a contender for the player of the season award, is out of contract and family reasons could make any opportunity he has to return to his native London an attractive proposition. QPR and Charlton are understood to have shown an interest in the 35-year-old, although Charlton’s relegation might impact on their chances.
Who would you try to sign on 11:20 - Jul 24 with 2411 viewsGloucs_R

Trent Sainsbury 😁

Poll: Are we staying up?

Who would you try to sign on 11:30 - Jul 24 with 2381 viewsrsonist

Who would you try to sign on 11:20 - Jul 24 by Gloucs_R

Trent Sainsbury 😁

Playing for Maccabi Haifa in Israel... with Tjaronn Chery! Snub the Rangers at your peril.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 11:31]
Who would you try to sign on 13:42 - Jul 24 with 2255 viewsBAWHoops

I see Beram Kayal has left Brighton on a free.

32 years old but a proper central midfielder. Assume we would struggle with his wages though

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Who would you try to sign on 14:06 - Jul 24 with 2203 viewsrsonist

Who would you try to sign on 13:42 - Jul 24 by BAWHoops

I see Beram Kayal has left Brighton on a free.

32 years old but a proper central midfielder. Assume we would struggle with his wages though

Thought the same but has struggled with injuries. Don't think he managed many games at all during his loan at Charlton.
Who would you try to sign on 15:07 - Jul 24 with 2130 viewsLadbrokeR

Who would you try to sign on 09:55 - Jul 19 by davman

No idea really. Whilst I'll always watch football, I don't concentrate on any team other than QPR, so any opinion I'd have on our U23s or other players would largely be based on what I've read or what others say.

We have to trust that the club has people employed to look at other players in sufficient depth to know who is out there and who can do a job.

What I do know is:
1. Although limited, we have to stick with Lumley: Kelly; Dieng ; Barnes in goal.
2. Barbet is the only guaranteed starter we have at CB, so at least one needs to come in, preferably a heading machine who can play a little.
3. At Right back, we live with Kakay and Kane, but could do with squad cover in that position (eg: CB who can play RB at a push or some other versatile player. Dom Ball may be able to play RB if needed, but then who covers him?
4.LB - all depends on who stays around. Happy with Manning and Wallace with Niko as back up. If anyone of those doesn't stay, then a similar replacement would make sense.
5. Wingers - with BOS gone and Eze undoubtedly moving on, the wide options look like Shodipo and Chair. One or two wingers incoming ideally, but we'll probably have to cope with just one.
6. CM - Happy to sign Amos if he will fit into our wage structure, Happy with Cameron when he is fit to play and happy with Ball even though he has been woeful in lockdown aside from the last two games. I'd still like some help there whether we do or don't sign Amos and would hope that we get a big old lump there to to enhance the size of our squad.
7. Up top. Where to start? We have nothing. Oteh does not look like he'll make it at this level, so we need a new strike force. Is that one, two or three? Is it loan or perms? Horrible, expensive choices to be made, but when Hugill and Eze go, there is no-one left in our squad who can score regularly. It's all well and good Warburton pointing out that we create enough chances, but you cannot simply turn a player scoring 4 or 5 into one scoring 15 in a season; it don't work like that.

So, sorry, I didn't answer that question, just responded to your post suggesting that we sign our U23s up.

You must see something in Amos I’m missing
Login to get fewer ads

Who would you try to sign on 15:08 - Jul 24 with 2129 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Who would you try to sign on 13:20 - Jul 20 by DavieQPR

Not many mentions of young players with resale value. Mostly older players from clubs that finished below us. Doesn't really fit the current recruitment policy.

I appreciate that but i think that alot of what we are missing is in those older players. I dont think anyone here is advocating ripping up our current blueprint but the squad lacks a few seasoned pros, the right sort who know the dark arts and who can guide our younglings in much the same way that Derry, Hill and Kenny did.
Who would you try to sign on 15:22 - Jul 24 with 2113 viewsblacky200

The thing I'm wondering about is how are we (and all teams) going to budget for next season when we don't know if / when supporters are going to be allowed to return and to what extent that will impact our transfer policy.
Who would you try to sign on 15:27 - Jul 24 with 2097 viewsNorthernr

Who would you try to sign on 15:22 - Jul 24 by blacky200

The thing I'm wondering about is how are we (and all teams) going to budget for next season when we don't know if / when supporters are going to be allowed to return and to what extent that will impact our transfer policy.

Knowing Hoos he'll start by assuming it's going to be zero and work from there, with the TV money. Then hopefully plus Bright, plus Eze.
Who would you try to sign on 15:32 - Jul 24 with 2082 viewsRBlock

Who would you try to sign on 15:27 - Jul 24 by Northernr

Knowing Hoos he'll start by assuming it's going to be zero and work from there, with the TV money. Then hopefully plus Bright, plus Eze.

On that note how likely do we think a rise in ticket prices are, to make up some of the shortfall?
Who would you try to sign on 15:46 - Jul 24 with 2053 viewsEsox_Lucius

Who would you try to sign on 15:32 - Jul 24 by RBlock

On that note how likely do we think a rise in ticket prices are, to make up some of the shortfall?

Now that IS a can of worms. Carry on blooding youngsters and struggling to look like promotion material will drive a lot of people away if seat prices go up IMO. It could make things a lot worse with the fans if the prices go up and we don't look like running away with the league. There is also the consideration that a proportion of our fans will be struggling financially after the pandemic and a price increase could be the straw that breaks the camel's back for them.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 18:27]

The grass is always greener.

Who would you try to sign on 15:49 - Jul 24 with 2041 viewsNorthernr

Who would you try to sign on 15:32 - Jul 24 by RBlock

I'd be amazed. We're already expensive and he knows it.
Who would you try to sign on 16:02 - Jul 24 with 2007 viewstoboboly

Who would you try to sign on 14:06 - Jul 24 by rsonist

Thought the same but has struggled with injuries. Don't think he managed many games at all during his loan at Charlton.

A young lad at Charlton - Alfie Doughty. Saw him a few years ago in non-league and he was far too good. Loan him back to Charlton for next season to get a few more games in his legs.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Who would you try to sign on 17:47 - Jul 24 with 1896 viewsbosh67

Reading that Amos may be incoming as a permanent signing. As much as I trust MW I am not sure what his love in with Amos is about. I know he is only 23 but he's not really on the same planet as Dele Alli. I am not even sure what position he actually plays? He's too light weight and defensive midfielder and not really a game reader as an attacking midfielder. He's like a slightly less effective version of Mikele Leigertwood, without the odd stormer of a game. Perhaps I am being harsh but he's one of those players where you tend to think 'really, was Scowen that bad?' The only thing he does have, in flashes is some pace. Warburton obviously sees potential there and if he does come in, I hope he evolves and proves the likes of me wrong. It's not that I don't like the kid it's just that he doesn't as yet fill me with confidence.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Who would you try to sign on 18:07 - Jul 24 with 1865 viewsMatch82

Who would you try to sign on 17:47 - Jul 24 by bosh67

Reading that Amos may be incoming as a permanent signing. As much as I trust MW I am not sure what his love in with Amos is about. I know he is only 23 but he's not really on the same planet as Dele Alli. I am not even sure what position he actually plays? He's too light weight and defensive midfielder and not really a game reader as an attacking midfielder. He's like a slightly less effective version of Mikele Leigertwood, without the odd stormer of a game. Perhaps I am being harsh but he's one of those players where you tend to think 'really, was Scowen that bad?' The only thing he does have, in flashes is some pace. Warburton obviously sees potential there and if he does come in, I hope he evolves and proves the likes of me wrong. It's not that I don't like the kid it's just that he doesn't as yet fill me with confidence.

I do see a lot of potential in Amos but I haven't seen a ton to suggest he's going to fulfill it, that's the frustrating thing.
Who would you try to sign on 18:08 - Jul 24 with 1864 viewsLazyFan

I agree, but I think they found his position which was Box to Box from the Attacking Mid. Problem is he's not very attacking and he gives the ball away too much. Really is only slightly better than Cousins.

If we look at a player like Scowen, who is better Amos or Scowen? Clearly Scowen is better and cost nothing. Yet Amos will set us back at least £1m. This is a mistake. and Scowen was not exactly amazing, just a solid decent player.

And also I am not sure we should bleat on about a young squad when we sold Scowen for a small amount and who was probably not on big wages. That one was of our own making.

zzzzzzzzzz

Who would you try to sign on 18:32 - Jul 24 with 1834 viewskarl

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/53531651?__twitter_impression=true

One of the Scottish based players mentioned earlier, price range seems OK and an age where resale is possible
Who would you try to sign on 19:24 - Jul 24 with 1774 viewshantssi

Who would you try to sign on 18:32 - Jul 24 by karl

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/53531651?__twitter_impression=true

One of the Scottish based players mentioned earlier, price range seems OK and an age where resale is possible

Dykes for the Tykes?!
That should have been the headline!
Who would you try to sign on 20:36 - Jul 24 with 1686 viewsHunterhoop

Yeah, in the same boat.

At the minute:
- he’s lightweight in the tackle
- he’s lightweight in the air
- he’s not yet developed the balls to play incisive forward passes (although I think he does have the talent to do so)
- he’s not skilful on the ball to play 10.
- he gives up too quickly too often. Stop tossing your head back in frustration when some gets past you; keep chasing them!!

On a free, fine, assuming the salary is fine. But he isn’t worth a fee at present and he is not a genuine Championship standard starting midfielder. He could become one but he has a lot of hard work ahead of him.
Who would you try to sign on 10:51 - Jul 25 with 1482 viewsrsonist

The other players we're supposedly after might suggest we're looking to build something a little meatier and more robust around Amos at least.
Who would you try to sign on 10:58 - Jul 25 with 1468 viewsMedwayR

Who would you try to sign on 16:02 - Jul 24 by toboboly

A young lad at Charlton - Alfie Doughty. Saw him a few years ago in non-league and he was far too good. Loan him back to Charlton for next season to get a few more games in his legs.

I like Doughty too, I think he signed a new contract recently though so no idea if we’d realistically have much chance of signing him at a decent price, if at all.

Amos on a free I could live with, I wouldn’t pay a penny for him though - maybe a split of any future fee could be agreed.

Poll: Who’s better?

Who would you try to sign on 11:05 - Jul 25 with 1457 viewsBazzeR

Agree on the Charlton player,he looks a good prospect.
Who would you try to sign on 14:06 - Jul 25 with 1337 viewskarl

This might be a stupid question but is Pugh a viable option to re-sign, I know his contract ended and wasn't extended for lock down but is he still a free agent?
Knows the club and would slot straight in, definitely stiffened up our defensive left side.
I know there is possibly a wage issue too
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024