Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieffer Moore 13:27 - Jul 20 with 22957 viewswinshoes

Alan Nixon, journalist, on twitter, saying we have had a £2 million bid accepted. Previously Wigan paid £4 million for the Welsh International forward.
Kieffer Moore on 16:02 - Jul 20 with 2704 viewsGloucs_R

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/bid-accepted-wiga

SportFootball
Bid accepted for Wigan Athletic striker Kieffer Moore
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 16:04]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Kieffer Moore on 16:07 - Jul 20 with 2671 viewsEmpireStateRanger

I guess Warburton teased this move with the "we need taller players" talk after Millwall.
Kieffer Moore on 16:08 - Jul 20 with 2660 viewsbosh67

Kieffer Roberto Francisco Moore no less. Coming up 28 in August. 6 foot 5 so useful for us at both ends but doesn't entirely fit the Warburton brief, although I believe he is pretty quick for someone that tall. I agree with the comment above that we let Smith go so this is a bit of an odd choice but he has a decent scoring record. Conor Chaplin really is our kind of player but he is a foot smaller 5 foot 5 but 23 and the speed of a greyhound. Maybe a little and large act next season if we were to go for both?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Kieffer Moore on 16:11 - Jul 20 with 2638 viewsGloucs_R

Getting the bids in early as it looks like we have the BOS money rather than in 3 weeks when will have the Eze money and every club we speak to put their players up by 25%

Poll: Are we staying up?

Kieffer Moore on 16:59 - Jul 20 with 2401 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Feels a bit dirty plundering a club that’s going through the financial ringer but if it isn’t us it would be someone else.
Kieffer Moore on 17:05 - Jul 20 with 2368 viewswood_hoop

Kieffer Moore on 16:59 - Jul 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Feels a bit dirty plundering a club that’s going through the financial ringer but if it isn’t us it would be someone else.

Ahhh, the football world, such a nasty place.

Its a risk, like any signing whether 2 million or two bob, has shown a few decent signs but just who knows how good he will be for us.

A position we are desperate to fill, that part done, early and not a unrealistic price.

Good luck to him, once those hoops are on his back he becomes one of us.
Kieffer Moore on 17:08 - Jul 20 with 2352 viewsNorthernr

Kieffer Moore on 16:59 - Jul 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Tottenham were straight in for two of their kids last week.
Kieffer Moore on 17:10 - Jul 20 with 2337 viewsMyke

Kieffer Moore on 14:21 - Jul 20 by NorthantsHoop

Go for both. Would be great to keep Hugill, but wages probably an issue. The sticky point is on player valuation, West Ham paid £10m for Hugill, and probably still has 18 months to 2 years left on his contract. Don't just want to give Eze and Manning away too cheaply, although who knows with Rangers. I have always throught Eze £15m plus Hugill the other way not a bad option. But wages might scupper that, reckon Palace would meet £20m valuation for Eze. They lost out on Bowen and might be prepared to offer more cash this time. Not sure on Manning he probably sits in the £3m to £4m bracket.

I honestly think both your valuations are significantly inflated.especially in Covid times. Neither player has played in Prem. Look at Smithies and Freeman, never got a look in, in top flight. Everyone talking about Eze's cool finish on Saturday (which it was) but his first touch knocked the ball 15 yards ahead of him. That worked to his advantage as he didn't have to break his stride as no Milwall player challenged him, no way he would get that much time and space in the prem. Manning is a decent player going forward, with a good left foot which is always an advantage, But he is quite poor defending, especially when it comes to positional awareness. I would say £12=14M for Eze and £1.5 -2 for Manning. Both would be excellent returns on what we have invested in terms of time and money
Login to get fewer ads

Kieffer Moore on 17:15 - Jul 20 with 2307 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Kieffer Moore on 17:08 - Jul 20 by Northernr

Tottenham were straight in for two of their kids last week.

Dean Parrett springs to mind.
Kieffer Moore on 17:18 - Jul 20 with 2285 viewsLazyFan

Kieffer Moore on 17:10 - Jul 20 by Myke

I honestly think both your valuations are significantly inflated.especially in Covid times. Neither player has played in Prem. Look at Smithies and Freeman, never got a look in, in top flight. Everyone talking about Eze's cool finish on Saturday (which it was) but his first touch knocked the ball 15 yards ahead of him. That worked to his advantage as he didn't have to break his stride as no Milwall player challenged him, no way he would get that much time and space in the prem. Manning is a decent player going forward, with a good left foot which is always an advantage, But he is quite poor defending, especially when it comes to positional awareness. I would say £12=14M for Eze and £1.5 -2 for Manning. Both would be excellent returns on what we have invested in terms of time and money

If that is so, how come we can command £4.7m for BOS?
£2m will get you Furlong who I rate. Manning we shall get that min for him if not more.

zzzzzzzzzz

Kieffer Moore on 17:21 - Jul 20 with 2265 viewsjoolsyp

Kieffer Moore on 14:53 - Jul 20 by dannyblue

Sam Morsy please. Good needling. Played 40 games at least last three seasons.

+1 for Morsy (although I admit that's on the strength of the way he played against us, never a good way to judge whether a player is worth buying!)
Kieffer Moore on 17:32 - Jul 20 with 2205 views100percent

I just hope he does better than his namesake, Steffan Moore.... the man that chased plastic bags and lost.....
Kieffer Moore on 17:35 - Jul 20 with 2186 viewselnombre

As I also have a season ticket at the DW I've seen Kieffer quite a bit - I think he'll do okay, but he was a slow starter at Wigan, think it was Jan before his first goal. Looked like a confidence thing to me, kept wide and hid behind the last defender for too many games.

On the plus side, check youtube for his goal at the fakes - I don't remember Matt Smith with that sort of touch.

I'm not sure I can commend too many others as worth a look - Morsy is a league one scrapper in my view, we cast an eye over 'Lionel' Massey last term, and he's dropped out of the first team picture a little since, Nathan Byrne at right back is nippy and has a good touch, and obviously if you can get Antonee Robinson, well, as if we have that kind of money...
Kieffer Moore on 17:44 - Jul 20 with 2116 viewsrls___

Kieffer Moore on 16:08 - Jul 20 by bosh67

Kieffer Roberto Francisco Moore no less. Coming up 28 in August. 6 foot 5 so useful for us at both ends but doesn't entirely fit the Warburton brief, although I believe he is pretty quick for someone that tall. I agree with the comment above that we let Smith go so this is a bit of an odd choice but he has a decent scoring record. Conor Chaplin really is our kind of player but he is a foot smaller 5 foot 5 but 23 and the speed of a greyhound. Maybe a little and large act next season if we were to go for both?

Can't believe that the "Roberto Francisco" part is actually true, I thought you were joking. A proper Welsh name
Kieffer Moore on 17:47 - Jul 20 with 2091 viewsterryb

Kieffer Moore on 14:17 - Jul 20 by Hunterhoop

True, but:

a) his all round game: movement off the ball, touch, and finishing looks a lot better to me than Smith

b) we may have realised the error of our ways in selling Smith. 500k was too little for his effective on this league (and goal return this year)

I would say, with everything going on at Wigan, £2m seems a bit steep to me. Would prefer a lower outlay with conditions.

But...it may be fair to say there aren’t many forwards who will get you 10-15 goals at this level, and hold it up and link play, for less than £2m. And I reckon his wages will be quite cheap.

I don't think the administrators would be interested in add on's.

They will sell for what they consider his current value & not be concerned if any future owner was to receive extra down the line.
Kieffer Moore on 17:48 - Jul 20 with 2092 viewsextratimeR

Would be a very good signing for us ( for the fee mentioned), he has been excellent for Wales this season and no one has really got near him in the air for their group games, he's a real handful, Def the sort of player we should be looking at.
Kieffer Moore on 17:51 - Jul 20 with 2077 viewsWelsh_Ranger

FWIW, I watched him through our last campaign and he was excellent, Giggs likes to play him as a loan forward with Bale/James/Ramsay behind him. He is great at hold up and bringing others into play, can be quite unselfish hence the assists, will offer us an ariel threat in both boxes, has a deceptive turn of pace.

We love him with Wales and id love him with QPR
Kieffer Moore on 17:55 - Jul 20 with 2050 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Kieffer Moore on 17:51 - Jul 20 by Welsh_Ranger

FWIW, I watched him through our last campaign and he was excellent, Giggs likes to play him as a loan forward with Bale/James/Ramsay behind him. He is great at hold up and bringing others into play, can be quite unselfish hence the assists, will offer us an ariel threat in both boxes, has a deceptive turn of pace.

We love him with Wales and id love him with QPR

Awesome. Now let's get one of those three you mentioned to play off of him!
Kieffer Moore on 17:55 - Jul 20 with 2049 viewsHastings_Hoops

Kieffer Moore on 14:15 - Jul 20 by FrankRightguard

Moore is mobile though isn’t he, Smith is basically a telegraph pole with boots on.

Sure Moore will be given loads more service by QPR than he was at Wigan - as with Hugill, if you
Can’t get a ‘season’s best goal tally’ playing warbs-ball, you never will....

If QPR can get Moore for £2m and Flog Eze and Manning to West Ham for £25m + Hugill, we’ll have a strike force with teeth and a bit of cash In the bank.
Kieffer Moore on 18:03 - Jul 20 with 2015 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Kieffer Moore on 17:55 - Jul 20 by EmpireStateRanger

Awesome. Now let's get one of those three you mentioned to play off of him!

TBH I think/thought that Gunter and Chester would be great additions too but I am biased.
Kieffer Moore on 18:12 - Jul 20 with 1950 views100percent

Kieffer Moore on 17:35 - Jul 20 by elnombre

As I also have a season ticket at the DW I've seen Kieffer quite a bit - I think he'll do okay, but he was a slow starter at Wigan, think it was Jan before his first goal. Looked like a confidence thing to me, kept wide and hid behind the last defender for too many games.

On the plus side, check youtube for his goal at the fakes - I don't remember Matt Smith with that sort of touch.

I'm not sure I can commend too many others as worth a look - Morsy is a league one scrapper in my view, we cast an eye over 'Lionel' Massey last term, and he's dropped out of the first team picture a little since, Nathan Byrne at right back is nippy and has a good touch, and obviously if you can get Antonee Robinson, well, as if we have that kind of money...

How has chalobah been at wigan this season El Nombre? I used to quite rate him when seen.... but not sure if I was mixing him up with his brother....
Kieffer Moore on 18:26 - Jul 20 with 1863 viewsdannyblue

Kieffer Moore on 17:35 - Jul 20 by elnombre

Shows what I know! I was also basing it on his performance against us, where he stood out Bullying our midfield even without the assist.
Kieffer Moore on 18:29 - Jul 20 with 1835 viewselnombre

Kieffer Moore on 18:12 - Jul 20 by 100percent

How has chalobah been at wigan this season El Nombre? I used to quite rate him when seen.... but not sure if I was mixing him up with his brother....

Isn't he at Huddersfield? I missed that one at the DW , I think it was the same freezing day as the Barnsley 5-3 Charity-QPR match (not as cold as Blackburn though)...
Kieffer Moore on 18:45 - Jul 20 with 1768 views100percent

Kieffer Moore on 18:29 - Jul 20 by elnombre

Isn't he at Huddersfield? I missed that one at the DW , I think it was the same freezing day as the Barnsley 5-3 Charity-QPR match (not as cold as Blackburn though)...

you're right, I'm mixing them up - its the blue stripes I think... ha ha
Kieffer Moore on 18:51 - Jul 20 with 1726 viewsAntti_Heinola

Don't quite get the 'we sold Smith so why buy this guy' argument.
We sold Smith for a number of very good reasons - not least that he can barely get thrugh 90 mins and can't play twice in a few days. It also freed up cash for other buys/wages. We also sold him because his back to goal game was not awful, it was practically non-existent. Warbs did not sell him just because he's tall.
Also, most strikers should do very well with how we play football, and maybe a bigger presence up front could realy help create space for Chair.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024