Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other clubs transfers - summer thread 15:07 - Jul 20 with 96930 viewsNorthernr

Sheff Utd in for Jon Swift at Reading at a bargain £3.5m.
Looks like a buyers' market...
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 19:05 - Sep 8 with 3183 viewsNewBee

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 14:53 - Sep 8 by rsonist

Jawdropping sum. 70k wage reported too cos hey sure why not.

So much for the capped ceiling on the model. Was it 15% to Exeter? £4m absolutely massive for them.

We really need Smith and Eddie Howe in jobs forever if we're going to rebuild like this.

Actually it seems it's nearer £6m to Exeter all told - delighted for them really.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 19:25 - Sep 8 with 3173 viewsfrancisbowles

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 18:49 - Sep 8 by Manti

Come on be realistic. Watkins joint top scorer in the Championship and lots of assists. Championship player of the season. Striker premium. Of course he would go for more than Eze.

but is he a potential England player?
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 19:44 - Sep 8 with 3117 views1JD

Come on be realistic. Watkins joint top scorer in the Championship and lots of assists. Championship player of the season. Striker premium. Of course he would go for more than Eze.

Realistic?

I’d say it’s totally unrealistic that Watkins is valued at 13m more, even factoring in the “striker premium”. Additionally, to balance it out, Eze has an “England u21” premium.

Sadly, the more direct comparison will be Benrahma vs Eze and we all now what’s coming next; a huge differential in value even though both players’ statistic and performance data were #2 and #3 respectively in the league.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 19:46 - Sep 8 with 3108 viewsrsonist

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 19:25 - Sep 8 by francisbowles

but is he a potential England player?

Isn't he?

Not been a part of the England age group system so far but Greenwood's in the doghouse, Abraham who knows how many games he'll get, Calvert-Lewin completely different and limited in style, Wilson off the boil and injured a lot... if Ings can repeat his monster season and Brewster gets a move they'll likely be ahead of him but I'd say he's as close if not closer to full honours as Eze is if they step up the level. Versatility and workrate will count for a lot in his case.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 20:12 - Sep 8 with 3050 viewsrsonist

Stoke signing Jacob Brown from Barnsley. Could well be a canny move for once.

Some talk Mowatt and Woodrow could be next out this week all of a sudden. They sold both their centre backs Pinnock and Lindsay on the eve of the season first time they came up and paid the price.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 20:13 - Sep 8 with 3036 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

£28,000,000 for Ollie Watkins is absolutely insane. There I've said it.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 21:50 - Sep 8 with 2924 viewsdistortR

oh, f'ck off now, enough.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 22:14 - Sep 8 with 2819 viewsNewBee

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 21:50 - Sep 8 by distortR

oh, f'ck off now, enough.

Ok then, who d'ya reckon has had their pants pulled down, Villa or QPR?
Login to get fewer ads

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 22:22 - Sep 8 with 2836 viewsdistortR

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 22:14 - Sep 8 by NewBee

Ok then, who d'ya reckon has had their pants pulled down, Villa or QPR?

I don't think any self respecting supporter would call themselves 'new', that's what i think.
good night.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 22:38 - Sep 8 with 2751 viewsNewBee

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 22:22 - Sep 8 by distortR

I don't think any self respecting supporter would call themselves 'new', that's what i think.
good night.

Er, new to this forum.

As in "newbie".

You know, wordplay, a pun, that kind of thing.

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/newbie
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 00:17 - Sep 9 with 2680 viewsHunterhoop

And when you’re a “newbie” to a forum, a group, or a new pub you decide to frequent, you don’t bowl about all smug and assuming everyone else is delighted with your presence just because you consider yourself a reasoned person. By all means stay and contribute - most of us appreciate well balanced other fans’ opinions, with a healthy dollop of self deprecation (exhibit A: Konk) - but don’t rub our noses in it or act like this is a free for all, open environment. It’s not. It’s a QPR message board, a digital pub so to speak with a bias towards QPR, either you’re good friends with some of the locals or you behave with a degree of contrition and consideration. Either that or find your own pub.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 10:40 - Sep 9 with 2539 viewsrsonist

I like having the Bees lads around.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 10:45 - Sep 9 with 2521 viewsrsonist

Donny firmly establishing themselves as the L1 Swansea with an impressive couple of loans - England youth internationals John-Jules from Arsenal and Rayhaan Tulloch from West Brom. Could have played at our level by most informed accounts.

Fun fact: Rayanne from My So Called Life is now the Countess of Devon.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 14:27 - Sep 9 with 2405 viewsaston_hoop

Cardiff have sacked Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, any idea what he's done for that?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 15:53 - Sep 9 with 2283 viewsTheChef

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 14:27 - Sep 9 by aston_hoop

Name being too posh?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 15:58 - Sep 9 with 2259 viewsWatford_Ranger

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 14:27 - Sep 9 by aston_hoop

No idea.

Unless he’s about to do time, get him in.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 16:06 - Sep 9 with 2224 viewsPhildo

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 15:58 - Sep 9 by Watford_Ranger

No idea.

Unless he’s about to do time, get him in.

Doping is the rumour but i have no inside info so treat with caution
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 20:08 - Sep 10 with 1986 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Derby continue to show the finger to the EFL, and continue the stripping out of Wigan players, by signing Nathan Byrne for £750,000
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 20:54 - Sep 10 with 1894 viewsrsonist

Villa appear to be on the verge of spending 20m on Martinez from Arsenal because Tom Heaton (8m last summer, their only good buy) will be out for another month.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:57 - Sep 11 with 1724 viewsNorthernr

Birmingham's long hunt for a goalkeeper ends with a four year contract for Neil Etheridge from Cardiff.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 10:29 - Sep 11 with 1670 viewscyprusmel

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:57 - Sep 11 by Northernr

Birmingham's long hunt for a goalkeeper ends with a four year contract for Neil Etheridge from Cardiff.

I think that is a good signing.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 10:41 - Sep 11 with 1635 viewsHunterhoop

Not a bad deal for either club. Although I imagine Brum are paying a fortune in wages.

I still remember when Cardiff went up with Etheridge and Smithies and the MOTD commentators kept creaming themselves over Etheridge, even though we all knew their best goalkeeper was sitting on their bench. Like ourselves, after a season or so they realised the error of their ways and Smithies becomes player of the year. Such an underrated goalkeeper in UK football.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 10:45 - Sep 11 with 1630 viewsNorthernr

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 10:41 - Sep 11 by Hunterhoop

Not a bad deal for either club. Although I imagine Brum are paying a fortune in wages.

I still remember when Cardiff went up with Etheridge and Smithies and the MOTD commentators kept creaming themselves over Etheridge, even though we all knew their best goalkeeper was sitting on their bench. Like ourselves, after a season or so they realised the error of their ways and Smithies becomes player of the year. Such an underrated goalkeeper in UK football.

I personally always thought Etheridge looked as good as he did at Cardiff because he had so much to do after they went up. If you're facing 15-16 shots on target every game you're going to make a few saves.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 10:48 - Sep 11 with 1619 viewsichbinnaughty

Smithies finally establishes himself/convinces the doubters. Bizarre.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 13:52 - Sep 11 with 1494 viewsNorthernr

Oxford pick up Sam Winnall following Sheff Wed release. Must be a hell of a pay cut that one. Actually wouldn't have said no to him here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024