Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other clubs transfers - summer thread 15:07 - Jul 20 with 96168 viewsNorthernr

Sheff Utd in for Jon Swift at Reading at a bargain £3.5m.
Looks like a buyers' market...
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:17 - Sep 18 with 2902 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 10:54 - Sep 18 by Northernr

Ross McCormack joins Aldershot. 4 years after a £12m move to Villa.

"We're Aldershot, we're mental, we're off our fcuking heads!" (huge safety wink disclaimer).
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:31 - Sep 18 with 2858 viewsnix

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 10:15 - Sep 18 by W7Ranger

To be fair, FFP wasn't in place when all this money was being splashed about by our owners in the same way Chelsea (then City) were doing. We had rich owners who could afford to do it and were prepared to do it. Why - at that time would - we feel overly concerned?

Now that Forest (and other clubs) have seen the punishments dished to us (and to a lesser extent others), then I'm sure if we were Forest fans, we'd be very concerned and asking a LOT of questions.

I think we did start to wonder when they were signing Sandro with half a knee. And the farce with Samba, is he Rangers or isn't he? And Cesar AND Green.

Obviously we have some (often armchair) fans who will always expect us to be signing the latest fashionable striker, whatever his back story. But a lot of us are actually preferring bringing on our own young players and eking out the ageing years from players like Rangel and Cameron. If I were Forest I'd hate the half-arsedness of some of their players the same way I did about Traore, Wright Phillips, Kranjcar and Assou-Ekotto.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:56 - Sep 18 with 2800 viewsW7Ranger

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:31 - Sep 18 by nix

I think we did start to wonder when they were signing Sandro with half a knee. And the farce with Samba, is he Rangers or isn't he? And Cesar AND Green.

Obviously we have some (often armchair) fans who will always expect us to be signing the latest fashionable striker, whatever his back story. But a lot of us are actually preferring bringing on our own young players and eking out the ageing years from players like Rangel and Cameron. If I were Forest I'd hate the half-arsedness of some of their players the same way I did about Traore, Wright Phillips, Kranjcar and Assou-Ekotto.

Completely agree.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 16:51 - Sep 18 with 2665 viewsaston_hoop

Brentford have their Benrahma replacement - Swedish forward Saman Ghoddos, a man I am sure we have been linked with more than once in the last few years.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:32 - Sep 18 with 2618 viewsdistortR

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 16:51 - Sep 18 by aston_hoop

Brentford have their Benrahma replacement - Swedish forward Saman Ghoddos, a man I am sure we have been linked with more than once in the last few years.

ah, I've been waiting for Ghoddos.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:49 - Sep 18 with 2582 viewsflynnbo

https://the72.co.uk/192913/birmingham-city-set-to-sign-tottenham-hotspur-winger-
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 18:50 - Sep 18 with 2504 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:49 - Sep 18 by flynnbo

https://the72.co.uk/192913/birmingham-city-set-to-sign-tottenham-hotspur-winger-

I refer you to my previous thread
So that's another one waving two fingers to FFP by WrightUp5hit___ 16 Sep 2020 22:19
So after signing George Friend, Jon Toral, Jonathan Leko, Andres Prieto, Adam Clayton, Ivan Sanchez and Neil Etheridge, they have now added Scott Hogan on an "undisclosed fee"

Got to be playing fast and loose with the regs, especially in these days of CoVid smashed cash streams.

Makes me think they have Marty Byrd and the Navarro cartel backing them.

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 14:27 - Sep 20 with 2371 viewsNorthernr

Scott McKenna is today's Nottingham Forest signing. Obviously heavily linked with us a year ago. Would be an eighth senior centre back in their squad.
Login to get fewer ads

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 14:30 - Sep 20 with 2354 viewsMaggsinho

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 14:27 - Sep 20 by Northernr

Scott McKenna is today's Nottingham Forest signing. Obviously heavily linked with us a year ago. Would be an eighth senior centre back in their squad.

I would say they’re really going for it this season but this seems to have been the case for years and years.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 14:49 - Sep 20 with 2312 viewskarl

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54226184

Left out of the squad for today's game, radio talk is Forest being the team involved.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 14:55 - Sep 20 with 2288 viewsrsonist

Can only mean they've received a bid for Worrall... surely.... unless they just spent £5m on that PSG kid for squad depth.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 16:35 - Sep 20 with 2234 viewsRangersw12

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 14:49 - Sep 20 by karl

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54226184

Left out of the squad for today's game, radio talk is Forest being the team involved.

Be interesting to see how much he goes for considering we had a bid of what 3 million rejected last season
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 16:43 - Sep 20 with 2220 viewsNorthernr

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 14:55 - Sep 20 by rsonist

Can only mean they've received a bid for Worrall... surely.... unless they just spent £5m on that PSG kid for squad depth.

Brave club who bids for Worrall the way he's been playing recently.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:22 - Sep 20 with 2141 viewsHunterhoop

This is farcical at Forest. How do they have so much money to pay for this enormous wage bill?! How are they not breaching FFP are setting themselves up to. How is this sustainable? Why are they signing players when they’re on the verge of sacking their manager? The new fella they hire may not like who they’ve signed and want to bring in his own players. He’s surely want some input into signings!

I don’t understand it. They’re a basket case.

I want them to go down now. It would be hilarious.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:22 - Sep 20 with 2144 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 16:43 - Sep 20 by Northernr

Brave club who bids for Worrall the way he's been playing recently.

I used to have a sneaky regard for him but he looked badly out of touch against us.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:44 - Sep 20 with 2095 viewsdistortR

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:22 - Sep 20 by Hunterhoop

This is farcical at Forest. How do they have so much money to pay for this enormous wage bill?! How are they not breaching FFP are setting themselves up to. How is this sustainable? Why are they signing players when they’re on the verge of sacking their manager? The new fella they hire may not like who they’ve signed and want to bring in his own players. He’s surely want some input into signings!

well, the more you spend, the better you are - just look at chelsea
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:46 - Sep 20 with 2085 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:44 - Sep 20 by distortR

well, the more you spend, the better you are - just look at chelsea

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:48 - Sep 20 with 2082 viewsNorthernr

I was having a conversation with somebody about this last night and it strikes me as a bit of a vicious circle. If you're moving to Nottingham Forest now, when you know full well the manager is about to be sacked, you know they've got a squad of 33 senior pros now and rising, you know they've got ever increasing number of players without a squad number at all, some of whom have only signed very recently (Bong), you're doing that purely for the money. I'll sign for Lamouchi now, and it might be Mick McCarthy next week and I'm out on my ear after a week, but I don't care I'm doing it anyway because the money's so good.

If you're Forest, why would you want a player like that? Surely it's an alarm bell to you if somebody is keen to move to you now?

Part of the reason they keep signing players and never get any better - anybody that would go there at this moment is exactly the sort of cnt they need to be avoiding.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 18:15 - Sep 20 with 2030 viewseghamranger

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 16:35 - Sep 20 by Rangersw12

Be interesting to see how much he goes for considering we had a bid of what 3 million rejected last season

Decent player and would have a decent buy for us... however he had an issue up there with the group that went out and then had to self isolate.

Aberdeen need the money and If they get 5 million that’s good business for them as they are moving stadiums and will need the money.

McKenna may come into the category of a big contract at forest will set him up for life
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 18:25 - Sep 20 with 2009 viewsNorthernr

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 18:15 - Sep 20 by eghamranger

Decent player and would have a decent buy for us... however he had an issue up there with the group that went out and then had to self isolate.

Aberdeen need the money and If they get 5 million that’s good business for them as they are moving stadiums and will need the money.

McKenna may come into the category of a big contract at forest will set him up for life

If they pay £5m for Scott McKenna somebody needs to stage an intervention.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 19:15 - Sep 20 with 1926 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 18:25 - Sep 20 by Northernr

If they pay £5m for Scott McKenna somebody needs to stage an intervention.

or sue the FFP auditors for negligence
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 20:23 - Sep 20 with 1809 viewsderbyhoop

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:32 - Sep 18 by distortR

ah, I've been waiting for Ghoddos.

What happens?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 10:49 - Sep 21 with 1621 viewsaston_hoop

Sam Hutchinson who was apparently training with us for a long time is joining FC Pafos in Cyprus (naturally) on a 2 year deal.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:28 - Sep 21 with 1566 viewsTheChef

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:48 - Sep 20 by Northernr

I was having a conversation with somebody about this last night and it strikes me as a bit of a vicious circle. If you're moving to Nottingham Forest now, when you know full well the manager is about to be sacked, you know they've got a squad of 33 senior pros now and rising, you know they've got ever increasing number of players without a squad number at all, some of whom have only signed very recently (Bong), you're doing that purely for the money. I'll sign for Lamouchi now, and it might be Mick McCarthy next week and I'm out on my ear after a week, but I don't care I'm doing it anyway because the money's so good.

If you're Forest, why would you want a player like that? Surely it's an alarm bell to you if somebody is keen to move to you now?

Part of the reason they keep signing players and never get any better - anybody that would go there at this moment is exactly the sort of cnt they need to be avoiding.

Played 2. Lost 2. 0 goals scored.

So far so good.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 13:59 - Sep 21 with 1442 viewsR_from_afar

A friend of a friend told me they are funding all the transfers with the profits from the owner's organ harvesting company

The changing rooms at the training ground must be the size of an aircraft hangar. I can picture the advert for their next manager: "Wanted: Head coach for Midlands based football club. Must have a photographic memory and no history of claustrophobia. Candidates with crowd control experience preferred".

Forest's player recruitment is right up there with monarch butterflies and wildebeest as one of nature's great migrations

Right, time for my pills...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024