Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other clubs transfers - summer thread 15:07 - Jul 20 with 95067 viewsNorthernr

Sheff Utd in for Jon Swift at Reading at a bargain £3.5m.
Looks like a buyers' market...
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 10:33 - Jul 30 with 2911 viewsNorthernr

Norwich going big and early, six signings already. Kieran Dowell, Everton, undisclosed fee, three year deal today.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:38 - Jul 30 with 2746 viewsrsonist

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 10:33 - Jul 30 by Northernr

Norwich going big and early, six signings already. Kieran Dowell, Everton, undisclosed fee, three year deal today.

Dowell's restart form has changed his career after three wilderness loans. Figured MW mightve been looking at him as our kind of post-Eze salvage job before that.

Norwich already leading the justice league table if fanalytics Twitter's opinion of their signings is anything to go by.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:38 - Jul 30 with 2744 viewsMaggsinho

Somone's got over excited on his Wiki page:

On 30 July 2020, Dowell joined Championship big boys Norwich City on a three-year deal. Maddison v2 said he is "ready to score 70 yarders for fun" on his first day with the club and reportedly nutmegged everyone he walked past whilst being given a tour of the facilities including Head Coach Daniel Farke and Sporting Director, Stuart Webber. Alex Tettey recalls a time where he was making cups of tea for the entire squad and when he would pour the milk in, Dowell would hit volleys low and hard just above the mug and let the air of the ball mix the milk and tea together

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kieran_Dowell
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:43 - Jul 30 with 2717 viewsWatford_Ranger

£41m for Nathan Ake.

English pounds that is. 41 million of them.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:43 - Jul 30 with 2716 viewsNorthernr

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:38 - Jul 30 by rsonist

Dowell's restart form has changed his career after three wilderness loans. Figured MW mightve been looking at him as our kind of post-Eze salvage job before that.

Norwich already leading the justice league table if fanalytics Twitter's opinion of their signings is anything to go by.

Bournemouth about to sell Ake for £41m and Wilson for £30m with a parachute payment too, so it seems my initial hope that Villa not coming down and skewing the transfer market again may be unfounded. Pesky hope.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:44 - Jul 30 with 2708 viewspaulparker

Good player , I rate him a lot

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:44 - Jul 30 with 2712 viewsrsonist

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 19:42 - Jul 28 by rsonist

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/07/28/several-bournemouths-highest-ear

Bournemouth in the brown stuff meanwhile.

£41m for Ake leaves only another £40m they still owe other clubs.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:49 - Jul 30 with 2675 viewsrsonist

Callum Wilson will be cut price unless there's a bidding war. He's reportedly on £110k a week there.

Everyone (apart from those running clubs apparently) knows David Brooks is the bargain.
Login to get fewer ads

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:50 - Jul 30 with 2671 viewsMaggsinho

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:43 - Jul 30 by Northernr

Bournemouth about to sell Ake for £41m and Wilson for £30m with a parachute payment too, so it seems my initial hope that Villa not coming down and skewing the transfer market again may be unfounded. Pesky hope.

They owe £81m in transfer fees to other clubs according to the Telegraph!
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:59 - Jul 30 with 2625 viewsNorthernr

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:50 - Jul 30 by Maggsinho

They owe £81m in transfer fees to other clubs according to the Telegraph!

Ake, Wilson, Brooks plus a parachute. Still got some quality Champ players on top of that, depends how many they need to shift wage wise I guess. Interesting case.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 12:03 - Jul 30 with 2599 viewsrsonist

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8573495/Watford-hold-talks-Vl

Watford probably correctly deciding that only secret police can sort out the mess there.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 12:23 - Jul 30 with 2536 viewsBucksRanger

I see Chelsea employ the Russian secret service as well.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8575899/Chelsea-transfer-chie
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 12:34 - Jul 30 with 2479 viewsGloucs_R

Grant Hall linked with Swansea and Middlesbrough

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 15:48 - Jul 30 with 2244 viewsrsonist

Saudi offer for Newcastle collapses.

Nothing like drinking in the Toon tears on a hot day.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 15:52 - Jul 30 with 2231 viewsNorthernr

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 15:48 - Jul 30 by rsonist

Saudi offer for Newcastle collapses.

Nothing like drinking in the Toon tears on a hot day.

It's getting a bit like Hull that situation - Allams/Ashley insist they want to sell, but never quite manage to.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 15:58 - Jul 30 with 2199 viewstoboboly

This will come back to haunt me but Nathan Ake is the most over rated player possibly ever. He hasn't improved since his loan spell at Bournemouth.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 16:33 - Jul 30 with 2112 viewsderbyhoop

Ake was on big money with no relegation clause, so they don't really have a choice but to sell.
Wilson was never going to stay at Championship level.

Bournemouth - depends who they bring in
Norwich - spent v little in PL so that can do a Burnley/WBA and eventually build a proper PL club.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 16:37 - Jul 30 with 2102 viewsMyke

What pees me off about transfers, especially QPR inward transfers is that they take like FOREVER to get over the line. Take Moore for example, it's nearly 2 weeks since our bid was 'accepted'. Back in the day, once that happened, the lad would have a medical, agree personal terms and transfer would be announced. Same with BOS outgoing - it's just nonsense. Going even further back in the day (80's) a fan wouldn't hear about a deal until it was completed. I know a huge amount of speculation is just that, unsubstantiated speculation, but if a fee has been accepted - what's the hold up? The only swift transfer that took me completely by surprise recently was Furlong to WBA (not including 'unknowns' like Thomas) The rest of our ins and outs and with other clubs too, goes on and on and...
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 16:51 - Jul 30 with 2048 viewsGloucs_R

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 16:37 - Jul 30 by Myke

What pees me off about transfers, especially QPR inward transfers is that they take like FOREVER to get over the line. Take Moore for example, it's nearly 2 weeks since our bid was 'accepted'. Back in the day, once that happened, the lad would have a medical, agree personal terms and transfer would be announced. Same with BOS outgoing - it's just nonsense. Going even further back in the day (80's) a fan wouldn't hear about a deal until it was completed. I know a huge amount of speculation is just that, unsubstantiated speculation, but if a fee has been accepted - what's the hold up? The only swift transfer that took me completely by surprise recently was Furlong to WBA (not including 'unknowns' like Thomas) The rest of our ins and outs and with other clubs too, goes on and on and...

I'm not convinced that the name's leaked into the press are ever our first targets.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:00 - Jul 30 with 2022 viewsBazzeR

Was QPR board member Jamie Reuben part of Newcastle takeover bid ?
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 18:07 - Jul 30 with 1895 viewsrsonist

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 16:33 - Jul 30 by derbyhoop

Ake was on big money with no relegation clause, so they don't really have a choice but to sell.
Wilson was never going to stay at Championship level.

Bournemouth - depends who they bring in
Norwich - spent v little in PL so that can do a Burnley/WBA and eventually build a proper PL club.

Said this before but I really don't get Norwich's approach this last season. Burnley had a proper Championship grafter's team and run down facilities and it was always unlikely they could compete for survival without overspending. Norwich had a young and exciting team and a real opportunity to grow the club on maybe the best foundations any promoted side has had for decades. The youth system was healthy and their finances modest but not in any strife plus with the £150m guaranteed. How much more did they need to be a proper PL club? They should have been another Wolves let alone better than Sheff Utd. Yet as soon as the form got rocky they seemed to put the cue on the rack and settle for relegation.

Half that team - Aarons, Godfrey, Lewis, Buendia, Cantwell - will now be going straight off to big sides for big money. Maybe they'll build another good team now, but if everything goes perfectly they'll still only be right back where they started. If relegation happens it happens - but why repeat the moneyball phase all over again nearly on purpose?
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 18:14 - Jul 30 with 1882 viewsnix

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 16:51 - Jul 30 by Gloucs_R

I'm not convinced that the name's leaked into the press are ever our first targets.

I really hope not. It would be great if we're continuing to be a bit cannier. In the bad old days, we leaked like a sieve.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 22:19 - Jul 30 with 1661 viewsLazyFan

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:43 - Jul 30 by Northernr

Well, the sold Mings to Villa, who then helps Villa stay up if they had sold Ake earlier and kept Mings or both they may have stayed up.

So, while they will get the monies, clearly some bad transfer decisions there.

zzzzzzzzzz

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 22:26 - Jul 30 with 1643 viewsrsonist

Millwall set to announce Troy Parrott season loan from Spurs.

"There is interest in the teenager from elsewhere in the Championship, but Spurs want him to remain in the capital" according to the Standard.

Guess we have other plans.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 22:50 - Jul 30 with 1589 viewsMatch82

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 16:37 - Jul 30 by Myke

Tough to tell when there's actually been an offer. Have we even made an offer for Moore? Or is it just "sky sports understands" i.e. Wigan, or his agent, have thrown a name out there to try and draw out interest
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024