Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Karl Ready 14:17 - Aug 15 with 3413 viewsHastings_Hoops

He gets a lot of flack - honest question as I was too young to really judge - was he that bad, or in hindsight; is his ‘memory’ blighted by quite stiff comparators at the time (McDonald, Peacock, Yates, Maddix)?
Karl Ready on 17:59 - Aug 15 with 1180 viewsNov77

From that era second only to Tony Roberts in the ‘played more games than their talent deserved’ category.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Karl Ready on 18:19 - Aug 15 with 1141 viewsWestbourneR

He was absolutely terrible. He was tall, that's about it.

Technically he'd barely qualify as a professional footballer these days.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Karl Ready on 18:48 - Aug 15 with 1119 viewsted_hendrix

He was crap.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Karl Ready on 18:51 - Aug 15 with 1115 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Karl Ready on 15:47 - Aug 15 by CamberleyR

Means diddly. It was a pretty low bar. He was up against the likes of Kulcsar and Scully remember, a pretty low point in our history although it would get lower. Our lowest league finish in over 30 years in a season we only stayed up due to the great work of Jamie Pollock. He was absolutely gash.

An example of his usual crap play here from the disastrous 95-96 season. 2-0 up early in the second half against Spurs and absolutely cruising, a typical clumsy penalty box challenge from him hands them a penalty to get them back in it, turns the game and they end up winning 3-2.

Significant that after leaving us on a free he had one season with Motherwell in the SPL and when they released him he never played higher than non league in England. He was another Coco The Clown Roberts who QPR managers had a blind spot over.

Bardsley, Sinclair, Maddix, Kennedy, Langley, and Gallen were also in that side!
Karl Ready on 19:09 - Aug 15 with 1089 viewsBrixtonR

Utterly useless, I could never understand how he was anywhere near the team considering the quality of the other players barring Tony fkn Roberts. If both of those were in the team together oh dear

Mind you I could never understand how Tony Roberts could ever play again after his 'debut' v Coventry on that Friday night (1-2 7,299)

Richard Thomson can fck right off
Karl Ready on 19:28 - Aug 15 with 1078 viewsCamberleyR

Karl Ready on 18:51 - Aug 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Bardsley, Sinclair, Maddix, Kennedy, Langley, and Gallen were also in that side!

Bardsley was out injured most of that season and only played twelve of the last thirteen games, he wasn't the same player after his achilles injury where he'd been out nearly eighteen months and was let go at the end of that season.

Sinclair had half a season before getting his move back to the Premier League. Up till then he'd been mostly phoning it in. Certainly didn't put in the shift he did the previous season.

Maddix I'll give you but he wasn't quite the player he had been and was in decline.

Kennedy was on loan for eight games.

Langley didn't make his debut until the following season once Gerry Francis was back.

Gallen scored three times in 27 games that season.

FWIW I think Gavin Peacock should have got it although his was a tale of two different halfs of the season. Up to Christmas he'd been very good (eight goals) but his goals dried up second half as the team plummeted. Still, nine goals in thirty nine games from midfield in that awful team probably deserved POTY.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2020 20:01]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Karl Ready on 20:00 - Aug 15 with 1049 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Karl Ready on 19:28 - Aug 15 by CamberleyR

Bardsley was out injured most of that season and only played twelve of the last thirteen games, he wasn't the same player after his achilles injury where he'd been out nearly eighteen months and was let go at the end of that season.

Sinclair had half a season before getting his move back to the Premier League. Up till then he'd been mostly phoning it in. Certainly didn't put in the shift he did the previous season.

Maddix I'll give you but he wasn't quite the player he had been and was in decline.

Kennedy was on loan for eight games.

Langley didn't make his debut until the following season once Gerry Francis was back.

Gallen scored three times in 27 games that season.

FWIW I think Gavin Peacock should have got it although his was a tale of two different halfs of the season. Up to Christmas he'd been very good (eight goals) but his goals dried up second half as the team plummeted. Still, nine goals in thirty nine games from midfield in that awful team probably deserved POTY.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2020 20:01]

Gavin Peacock then? Even Sheron? Ian Baraclough? There were 20 other players to pick from.

For what it's worth, I think he was a limited player but I think we love to demonise our own players in hindsight. Wilkins was a victim of this too.

Statistically some of the bemoaners on here must have voted for him!
[Post edited 15 Aug 2020 20:49]
Karl Ready on 20:35 - Aug 15 with 990 viewsthame_hoops

Wasn’t he laughing in the dressing room when we got relegated according to Peter Crouch?
Login to get fewer ads

Karl Ready on 20:44 - Aug 15 with 971 viewsBoston

Karl Ready on 16:32 - Aug 15 by Gloucs_R

Met him a couple of times, he used to drink in my mates bar in Ealing.

Seen to remember him getting into trouble in Barbados.

Yes, I had great sport with the Barbados incident. For the younger viewer - Karl sexually propositioned a local taxi driver, the man took umbrage and gave him a spanking

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Karl Ready on 21:22 - Aug 15 with 925 viewsHastings_Hoops

Interesting split in opinion.

One view is that he was ‘championship standard’ and judged in the shadow of some top quality CB’s that we had at the time.

Other view is that he was dire.

Wonder if he’d dislodge Barbet /Hall last season if he was still 30?
Karl Ready on 22:16 - Aug 15 with 866 viewsGloryHunter

Why do we have to keep knocking our own players? I saw Karl Ready play some good games for us. In the Premier League (remember those days?)
Karl Ready on 22:48 - Aug 15 with 837 viewssexton

Awful, awful player.
Karl Ready on 23:03 - Aug 15 with 819 viewsLblock

Well Gazza1..... there you have it

A split board but I’d say the majority have a view different to yours

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Karl Ready on 13:34 - Aug 16 with 635 viewsHamptonR

Bloody awful dress sense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024