Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES 11:59 - Dec 28 with 6982 viewsnumptydumpty

This man has been like a cancer for our club

He has presided over a period in our history when we have gone from an exciting top of the table championship club - well run - well financed - well balanced - into a club overstaffed in administrative area and if it wasn't for the development of one man who was always going to develop ie Ebere Eze then we really would have already been in a much worse position than we are currently

The initial fanfare of Fernandes I like nearly everyone else was bought in by the hype - we were promised a new stadium, exciting player development, a club players would want to come to and a club on a course to developing our fan base with a new stadium and all round facilities used with an outfit that at all levels could be incredibly professional.

What we actually have is staff in jobs that we not sure what they all do ie Les, Ramsey, Eustace, Hoos, Warburton etc

The only area in my mind we have done well is in the development of our community position ie the likes of Sinton, Forever R's etc but obviously if that is not met with the finances and playing staff not being up to much - its an irrelevance

Throughout this time the trigger happy Fernandes has made mistake after mistake and ten years later we are still not learning

Yes we can blame Les, Warburton (or any manager we have had) we can blame FFP but whose fault was that - we can blame Beard but ultimately the buck stops at the top - the man with the purse strings.

Terrible decisions were made over player recruitment and wages given - destroyed the club and ultimately the decision by Fernandes to hide in the background for me - is another ploy of the man to have the blame taken on by others ie people such as Les are questioned , every new manager, assistant, coaching staff, financial gurus etc.

We forget the hullabaloo Fernandes with his excited schoolboy tweets influenced our club to be dragged from a respected club with a culture of skillful football with moments of brilliance but ultimately also a family club where generation after generation of families followed our club and enjoyed the buzz of matchday.

Ultimately yes we are in a strange scenario with this COVID restrictions but the club has ultimately spontaneously combusted this season.

Not sure if lot of our players need a crowd but ultimately we always have to adapt - we are a professional organisation

But yes its true in London we are a bit of a joke club. Sad for me to say over a club that my first game was in 1980 and some fabulous teams over a long period.

Ultimately yes you can look back with rose tinted glasses but this season I sadly have never seen a team that has less ability, less desire and less belief than this team today.

Yes we are QPR and as we all know - we can be awful and then win away at the top club.

Who we playing next - Norwich top team away - yes I know we will probably win - seen it many times

But this season its been just we seem not to have players that really arent performing - I just fear nearly all are playing to the best of their abilities.

If you asked me last season I would have said brilliant exciting and going the rght way but we have truly gone backwards big time

To me the ultimate decision not to buy and give Nakhi Wells a contract said a lot about our club

Yes he proably would have been on a higher wage than most but the man that can score the goals is the most important player.

We found this out when we got zero goals from this section of our team

Am sure players such as Manning and BOS put off but this lack of foresight

But if you try to save too much money it becomes counter productive ie if you not give the goalscorer a contract that gives you the chance to score the goals so we can compete at the top end of the table and thus attract hungry players wanting to succeed being interested in our club.
flak
Fernandes was the reason we got hit with FFP not Hughes or Redknapp who we all consistently lament - No its all about Fernandes

The decision by this man to go low level visibility actually means lot of flak going else where

So if I had a choice get rid Eustace, Les, Ramsey, Warburton, Dykes, Bonne , Barbet or Wallace - No the number one person I want to leave this club is TONY FERNANDES

You have to put things politely Mr Fernandes made a little but of a balls up with our club

Give us our club back and in order to maintain your own legacy I suggest with all your far and wide business contacts search for the correct person to lead our club much more sensibly and progressively in the future and come out of hiding and admit you have made an almighty cock up in your overall control of a once great little club with a great and connected fanbase.

All I want for Christmas is not you - TONY FERNANDES !!!!!

Please give us back our club and we will all start again from scratch. But realise you are the main cancer from within that we no longer need.

Happy new Year

Cmon you supa hoopsa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 17:02 - Dec 28 with 1580 viewshantssi

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 16:47 - Dec 28 by paulparker

Err no it isn’t

It’s all about opinions I guess, we were probably in exactly the same position as we are now when they appointed Warnock, stepped back and let Amit front it.
I don’t believe for 1 minute we were being well run though.
I’m not saying it’s perfect now, far from it in fact but let’s not kid ourselves things were rosy under that lot.
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 18:12 - Dec 28 with 1501 viewsNortholt_Rs

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 16:30 - Dec 28 by hantssi

That’s been my point all along, be careful what you wish for!
They were awful owners who along with Paladini divided the fan base and nearly destroyed the club.
The current owners may not be perfect but it’s better than that.

No it isn’t....the Fernandes era has been bloody abysmal apart from the Zamoraaaaaaaaa! Moment of course!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 18:29 - Dec 28 with 1463 viewsbakerloo8

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 17:02 - Dec 28 by hantssi

It’s all about opinions I guess, we were probably in exactly the same position as we are now when they appointed Warnock, stepped back and let Amit front it.
I don’t believe for 1 minute we were being well run though.
I’m not saying it’s perfect now, far from it in fact but let’s not kid ourselves things were rosy under that lot.

Dont like dealing with facts?
When the Orange one and the moldy one took us over we were on the brink. John Gregory was paying for our hotel Bill's at away matched and the like, it was that bad.
Once the two clowns have left we were newly promoted to the Premier League with one of the greatest ever QPR seasons just recorded.
Now you may not like to give these guys any credit for that but those are the facts. Tony bless his soul is a far nicer chap and far easier to like, unfortunately he has been a disaster for the club overseeing a losing malaise that has seen us spunk all our money into skintsville and now staring down League 1 again like that's a good thing.

But like u said, far better now.
Jesus.
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 18:35 - Dec 28 with 1462 viewsNorthernr

Most posts ignoring the point about who would buy it. It's not like sacking a manager. You can't just "run him out of Shepherd's Bush", there has to be a buyer. Why on earth is anybody buying this club in these circumstances?
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 18:39 - Dec 28 with 1447 viewshantssi

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 18:29 - Dec 28 by bakerloo8

Dont like dealing with facts?
When the Orange one and the moldy one took us over we were on the brink. John Gregory was paying for our hotel Bill's at away matched and the like, it was that bad.
Once the two clowns have left we were newly promoted to the Premier League with one of the greatest ever QPR seasons just recorded.
Now you may not like to give these guys any credit for that but those are the facts. Tony bless his soul is a far nicer chap and far easier to like, unfortunately he has been a disaster for the club overseeing a losing malaise that has seen us spunk all our money into skintsville and now staring down League 1 again like that's a good thing.

But like u said, far better now.
Jesus.

I never said “far better” and I’ve admitted it’s not particularly well run at the moment but let’s not air brush history.
If the current board go, as Clive says, where are we going to get anyone to take us on if we’re in such a bad a position as you’ve said?
Obviously I’d like to see us better run, pushing for promotion and having a conveyor belt of young talent coming through, after all who wouldn’t?
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 18:45 - Dec 28 with 1440 viewsNov77

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 18:39 - Dec 28 by hantssi

I never said “far better” and I’ve admitted it’s not particularly well run at the moment but let’s not air brush history.
If the current board go, as Clive says, where are we going to get anyone to take us on if we’re in such a bad a position as you’ve said?
Obviously I’d like to see us better run, pushing for promotion and having a conveyor belt of young talent coming through, after all who wouldn’t?

You’re the one rewriting history, saying Bernie and Flavio ‘nearly destroyed this club’ is utter nonsense.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 18:57 - Dec 28 with 1415 viewsNorthernr

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 18:45 - Dec 28 by Nov77

You’re the one rewriting history, saying Bernie and Flavio ‘nearly destroyed this club’ is utter nonsense.

I don't think they were far off mate. Made an absolute mess of it, saddled it with an enormous wage bill, made it so no manager worth a dime would touch it, allowed Paladini to run it with predictable results, drove it to the brink of League One and if it had gone there I can't imagine they'd have dilligently wanted to bring it back. Enormous contracts handed out to Paladini agent clients, like Agyemang, Hall, Borrowdale.

These things get forgotten in time - remember the reaction to the near doubling in ticket prices, and the gold silver and bronze thing, with Ali Russell as CEO? People said they'd never go again. Two months into the following season they tried to quietly introduce a "category A" fixture when even the higher prices were raised, and would have got that through but they picked Derby as the first one and their CEO actually took it up with the league on behalf of their travelling fans and it was ruled illegal.

The whole club was a catastrophe by the middle of 2009/10. Protests, boycotts, a dreadful team, seven loan signings when we could only play five, already through four managers that season, every player I've spoken to from that reign says they were going down, to a man. Here are our results from 11 years ago...

Nov 21 - Doncaster 2-0 QPR
Nov 28 - QPR 2-2 Coventry
Dec 5 - QPR 1-5 Boro
Dec 7 - Watford 3-1 QPR (manager sacked)
Dec 14 - WBA 2-2 QPR
Dec 19 - QPR 1-1 Sheff Utd
Dec 26 - QPR 2-1 Bristol City (this is our only win in 16 and we got booed off)
Dec 28 - Ipswich 3-0 QPR
Jan 3 - Sheff Utd 1-1 QPR
Jan 12 - QPR 2-3 Sheff Utd (manager sacked)
Jan 16 - Blackpool 2-2 QPR
Jan 26 - Forest 5-0 QPR
Jan 30 - QPR 0-1 Scunthorpe (fcking Scunthorpe man)
Feb 6 - Peterborough 1-0 QPR
Feb 9 - QPR 1-2 Ipswich
Feb 13 - Coventry 1-0 QPR (manager sacked)

We've got one win in eight and people want Warburton, Ferdinand, Hoos and Fernandes lynched. There's one win in 16 and three changes of managers and we're talking it up as the good old days of sound ownership.

The decision to hand the running of it over to Amit, and his decision to bring in Warnock, turned the whole thing around, but the majority of the Four Year Plan apart from the very beginning when they rescued it from admin, and the end, for which fair fcks, were terrible.

The only nonsense here is the idea that these guys were serial winners who knew what they were doing all along. They absolutely butchered it, and got bailed out by two men right at the point that it was all about to implode.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 19:23 - Dec 28 with 1359 viewsNov77

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 18:57 - Dec 28 by Northernr

I don't think they were far off mate. Made an absolute mess of it, saddled it with an enormous wage bill, made it so no manager worth a dime would touch it, allowed Paladini to run it with predictable results, drove it to the brink of League One and if it had gone there I can't imagine they'd have dilligently wanted to bring it back. Enormous contracts handed out to Paladini agent clients, like Agyemang, Hall, Borrowdale.

These things get forgotten in time - remember the reaction to the near doubling in ticket prices, and the gold silver and bronze thing, with Ali Russell as CEO? People said they'd never go again. Two months into the following season they tried to quietly introduce a "category A" fixture when even the higher prices were raised, and would have got that through but they picked Derby as the first one and their CEO actually took it up with the league on behalf of their travelling fans and it was ruled illegal.

The whole club was a catastrophe by the middle of 2009/10. Protests, boycotts, a dreadful team, seven loan signings when we could only play five, already through four managers that season, every player I've spoken to from that reign says they were going down, to a man. Here are our results from 11 years ago...

Dec 5 - QPR 1-5 Boro
Dec 14 - WBA 2-2 QPR
Dec 28 - Ipswich 3-0 QPR
Jan 26 - Forest 5-0 QPR
Feb 9 - QPR 1-2 Ipswich

We've got one win in eight and people want Warburton, Ferdinand, Hoos and Fernandes lynched. There's one win in 16 and three changes of managers and we're talking it up as the good old days of sound ownership.

The decision to hand the running of it over to Amit, and his decision to bring in Warnock, turned the whole thing around, but the majority of the Four Year Plan apart from the very beginning when they rescued it from admin, and the end, for which fair fcks, were terrible.

The only nonsense here is the idea that these guys were serial winners who knew what they were doing all along. They absolutely butchered it, and got bailed out by two men right at the point that it was all about to implode.

Nobody has said ‘these guys were serial winners who knew what they were doing all along’ where are you getting that from?

They took over a club that was heading into the turd division, and got it into the premier league.
You might not have liked how they did it, you might not like who they are or what they represent, but the fact is they did it.

We went on the opposite journey with fernandes, from the premier league to the brink of the turd division again, and if you’re using ‘enormous’ to describe the contracts handed to borrowdale etc, which adjective do you use to describe the ones given by Fernandes to Barton, Bosingwa etc?

For the record, the football, (which is what it’s all about for us fans after all) was some of the most enjoyable I’ve seen in the past 25 years. I loved it under de canio, some of it under magilton and of course under Warnock. We got to see adel ffs, faurlin, buzsacky etc None of that would’ve happened without the takeover, and there would have been no Mittals either.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2020 20:13]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 19:32 - Dec 28 with 1328 viewsR_from_afar

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 19:23 - Dec 28 by Nov77

Nobody has said ‘these guys were serial winners who knew what they were doing all along’ where are you getting that from?

They took over a club that was heading into the turd division, and got it into the premier league.
You might not have liked how they did it, you might not like who they are or what they represent, but the fact is they did it.

We went on the opposite journey with fernandes, from the premier league to the brink of the turd division again, and if you’re using ‘enormous’ to describe the contracts handed to borrowdale etc, which adjective do you use to describe the ones given by Fernandes to Barton, Bosingwa etc?

For the record, the football, (which is what it’s all about for us fans after all) was some of the most enjoyable I’ve seen in the past 25 years. I loved it under de canio, some of it under magilton and of course under Warnock. We got to see adel ffs, faurlin, buzsacky etc None of that would’ve happened without the takeover, and there would have been no Mittals either.

Bakerloo8 literally wrote "but they were winners"

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 19:37 - Dec 28 with 1301 viewspaulparker

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 18:57 - Dec 28 by Northernr

Dec 5 - QPR 1-5 Boro
Dec 14 - WBA 2-2 QPR
Dec 28 - Ipswich 3-0 QPR
Jan 26 - Forest 5-0 QPR
Feb 9 - QPR 1-2 Ipswich

This isn’t about Warburton having one win in eight it’s about his overall record , he has a win ratio of about 25% and we have conceded about 110 goals
The players we have signed have been bar and large awful and some of the managerial choices have been shocking, and quite rightly fans are questioning our DOF because they have eyes and can see the club heading into the abyss , it hasn’t worked we are still making huge mistakes when we have to get it right
The flavio regime was chaos until warnock took over and that cannot be overlooked
But the whole TF tenure has been abysmal , I can’t believe fans actually back him and the board still

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 19:38 - Dec 28 with 1301 viewsNorthernr

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 19:23 - Dec 28 by Nov77

"Nobody has said ‘these guys were serial winners who knew what they were doing all along’ where are you getting that from?"

From the first page of this thread, Bakerloo said it.

Fernandes has been a disaster, I've written about it repeatedly, all of the stuff you say and more, but you can't just say "get rid of him". Who buys this club at this point in time? Who pays that £1m bill to get us through January?
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 19:39 - Dec 28 with 1296 viewsNorthernr

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 19:37 - Dec 28 by paulparker

This isn’t about Warburton having one win in eight it’s about his overall record , he has a win ratio of about 25% and we have conceded about 110 goals
The players we have signed have been bar and large awful and some of the managerial choices have been shocking, and quite rightly fans are questioning our DOF because they have eyes and can see the club heading into the abyss , it hasn’t worked we are still making huge mistakes when we have to get it right
The flavio regime was chaos until warnock took over and that cannot be overlooked
But the whole TF tenure has been abysmal , I can’t believe fans actually back him and the board still

Dont' disagree with any of that, and I'm not backing Fernandes, I'm merely pointing out it's a practical thing. To get rid of him you need to find a buyer, or accept it being stuck in admin.
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 19:41 - Dec 28 with 1284 viewsbakerloo8

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 19:32 - Dec 28 by R_from_afar

Bakerloo8 literally wrote "but they were winners"

Clearly winners. Won the Championship title. Flav won the F1 title at Renault. Proper risable human beings and what Cluve said is correct about them maybe getting lucky with Amit/Ishan Saksena and Warnock but the truth is as owners they oversaw From John Gregory paying our hotel bills and the verge of L1 with probably the worst QPR side I've ever seen and left us flush in the Premier League with adel just giving us one of the great seasons.

Flav and Bernie had many,MANY faults, but they left the club in a far better position than they found it.
Will Tony?
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 19:44 - Dec 28 with 1275 viewshantssi

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 19:37 - Dec 28 by paulparker

PP, pretty much agree with all that.
I’d love us to be run like Brentford, Leicester, Southampton etc etc, let’s hope they’re out there somewhere, but I guess we’re 1 of probably about 70-80 teams in the same situation!
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 19:59 - Dec 28 with 1225 viewspaulparker

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 19:44 - Dec 28 by hantssi

PP, pretty much agree with all that.
I’d love us to be run like Brentford, Leicester, Southampton etc etc, let’s hope they’re out there somewhere, but I guess we’re 1 of probably about 70-80 teams in the same situation!

I love Les but to me it hasn’t worked when it’s mattered , yes there have been some good things but we are still making mistakes, players, contracts, managers
For us to sell for silly money we need to be a top ten/eight club look at Benrahma for Brentford he went for 25 million , Eze 17 , tell me who the better player is
We haven’t invested at all well, yeah buy some youngsters but you need experience or a championship veteran to help them because if we go down we won’t see our money back on dickie , Bonne etc
Les didn’t want Olly , warnock , Mclaren , penrice the board did , Les wanted JFH & Warburton
None of them can make a decision to save their lives the board can’t help but stick their Orr in
And that’s going against the club
I just hope and pray we muddle through this season and stay up, then big changes need to be made

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 20:04 - Dec 28 with 1224 viewsNov77

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 19:38 - Dec 28 by Northernr

"Nobody has said ‘these guys were serial winners who knew what they were doing all along’ where are you getting that from?"

From the first page of this thread, Bakerloo said it.

Fernandes has been a disaster, I've written about it repeatedly, all of the stuff you say and more, but you can't just say "get rid of him". Who buys this club at this point in time? Who pays that £1m bill to get us through January?

Well I've never said 'get rid of him', take that up with the OP.
I actually think Fernandes should stay and pay off the whole of that FFP fine. the sooner the better.

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 21:11 - Dec 28 with 1143 viewsNorthernr

I feel like I’ve been pedantic enough on this thread already but Fernandes is already now a minority stakeholder, it’s ruben’s club.
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 21:16 - Dec 28 with 1137 viewsHoopsarrr

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 13:20 - Dec 28 by Northernr

Required for this to happen - somebody willing to buy a Championship club during a global pandemic that was already costing the thick end of £1m a month to run even before fans were locked out. Must fulfil remainder of an existing £17m FFP fine over the next eight years, and another £20m to an already commenced training ground development. Plays in ancient old stadium that serves as a financial millstone around the club and the team - could yeild some property gains, if you can move the club out, which people have been trying and failing to do for 25 years. League has rules to prevent you financially doping it up to the Premier league.

Whether Fernandes is doing a good or terrible job isn't the question, it's who on earth you'd get to buy it.

Surely we’re an attractive purchase for a Chinese buyer. See Wolves.
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 21:31 - Dec 28 with 1110 viewsgigiisourgod

Dec 5 - QPR 1-5 Boro
Dec 14 - WBA 2-2 QPR
Dec 28 - Ipswich 3-0 QPR
Jan 26 - Forest 5-0 QPR
Feb 9 - QPR 1-2 Ipswich

“Bring on Mahon” ... “see, told you - Mahon” - my fav part of the film
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 21:44 - Dec 28 with 1091 viewsNorthernr

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 21:16 - Dec 28 by Hoopsarrr

Surely we’re an attractive purchase for a Chinese buyer. See Wolves.

Why? Wolves came with none of the stadium, training ground, historic FFP fines we would do and had a three year run at the ffp laws. Already a modern stadium with room to expand. Much bigger support base. Much better youth academy and infrastructure.

You buy qpr and you’re committed to a training ground and ffp fine before you’ve even begun -£35m
Odd. Even in its current state it costs you £1m a month. You’ve got an inadequate, expensive stadium you can’t develop, and local options to move are almost zero and v v expensive. We’re already close to the ffp limit so if you wanted to just ignore it and spend it would have to go v well v quickly or you’d have another Sheff Wed on your hands.
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 08:09 - Dec 29 with 914 viewsnumptydumpty

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 21:44 - Dec 28 by Northernr

Why? Wolves came with none of the stadium, training ground, historic FFP fines we would do and had a three year run at the ffp laws. Already a modern stadium with room to expand. Much bigger support base. Much better youth academy and infrastructure.

You buy qpr and you’re committed to a training ground and ffp fine before you’ve even begun -£35m
Odd. Even in its current state it costs you £1m a month. You’ve got an inadequate, expensive stadium you can’t develop, and local options to move are almost zero and v v expensive. We’re already close to the ffp limit so if you wanted to just ignore it and spend it would have to go v well v quickly or you’d have another Sheff Wed on your hands.

Ok so Fernandes is a minority shareholder but he wants our club to do well

£35 million to a new prospective billionaire is peanuts

If we are allowed to pay off the FFP debt ahead of time - why not do this - its more like £13 million now as against the £17 million - am guessing.. ie couple payments in now

Fernandes is a big corporation businessman - and must surely know others in the higher so called echelons of society.

The big sell for us is we are currently a club just one season away from the premier league at an given point in time and we are in the big smoke ie a city of culture and everything goes etc...

If he did this, the fans would totally respect the guy and forgive the past absolutely

If he started going into the pubs around the area again - what sort of overall reaction would you expect him to get now.

Yes ok I admit no wins in eight games does not mean total doom and gloom but the club has gone backwards in many respects .

I hear people moan about all the others in the club but this man now is a forgotten figure and others criticised for what ultimately the buck stops with him.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 08:46 - Dec 29 with 900 viewsNorthernr

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 08:09 - Dec 29 by numptydumpty

Ok so Fernandes is a minority shareholder but he wants our club to do well

£35 million to a new prospective billionaire is peanuts

If we are allowed to pay off the FFP debt ahead of time - why not do this - its more like £13 million now as against the £17 million - am guessing.. ie couple payments in now

Fernandes is a big corporation businessman - and must surely know others in the higher so called echelons of society.

The big sell for us is we are currently a club just one season away from the premier league at an given point in time and we are in the big smoke ie a city of culture and everything goes etc...

If he did this, the fans would totally respect the guy and forgive the past absolutely

If he started going into the pubs around the area again - what sort of overall reaction would you expect him to get now.

Yes ok I admit no wins in eight games does not mean total doom and gloom but the club has gone backwards in many respects .

I hear people moan about all the others in the club but this man now is a forgotten figure and others criticised for what ultimately the buck stops with him.

The buck doesn’t stop with him any more it stops with Ruben.
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 09:14 - Dec 29 with 858 viewsBlue_Castello

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 08:46 - Dec 29 by Northernr

The buck doesn’t stop with him any more it stops with Ruben.

Yup he's just not getting it , in one statement he says that Fernandes is a minority shareholder and then he finishes with the buck stops with him, see confused.com for the answer.

To reiterate Rubén is the majority shareholder, Fernandes has a significant shareholding and the Mittals have a small/minority shareholding. Amit Bhatia is the chairman and has been for quite a while, I'm pretty sure the appointment was so that there was a man closer to home for decision making, to work more closely with Hoos and Ferdinand.

No question mistakes were made in the past but we have to move on, the Tune group are keeping our club afloat, ditch them and we could do a Bury and as Clive has pointed out repeatedly there's no knight in shining armour round the corner just because it's panto season.
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 09:18 - Dec 29 with 844 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

It's taking a while for the numpties to cotton on!
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 09:46 - Dec 29 with 791 viewsDorse

Can't really add much more to the already pretty comprehensive and passionate discussion above. However, I keep asking myself the same question regarding finance / business decisions / ownership et al:

Would I still feel the same about the off-field decision-making if we were blitzing our way up the table?

I have no definitive answer to that other than the observation that I feel a lot happier when we win.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024