Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shodipo’s on fire 17:02 - Jan 2 with 10944 viewsHastings_Hoops

Seems to be having a great loan spell at Oxford. A bit of confidence abs hopefully a BOS replacement already in the ranks. Under contract until 2022.
Shodipo’s on fire on 19:27 - Jan 3 with 2736 viewsBrianWilson

Shodipo’s on fire on 19:07 - Jan 3 by Gloucs_R

Not a lot is it. What do you think his salary would be here, £2.5k a week plus incentives?

I'm just guessing but I would think less...maybe 1k plus appearance add-ons.

Don't get wrong. I'd have no problem with him coming back and battling for Brights position but just have a feeling the club might decide it's the right time to cash in even if it's a low offer.

This is the first loan spell that he has really shown up for. Been at QPR now for 5 years.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Shodipo’s on fire on 20:09 - Jan 3 with 2633 viewsgazza1

If he ever gets a regular game at the Rangers we are hitting 'rock bottom'. I have seen him play only once or twice with any quality, his crossing is so erratic, that coupled with his passing and dribbling past players are very limited indeed. Despite what is being said here, he is a very extremely lucky man to have been a professional footballer with a Premier/Championship Club for so many years.

As for his wages, he has earned a 'fair few quid' don't worry about that!! He would not be signing contracts otherwise.

Glad he is, apparently, having a 'purple patch' so we can get him off our books.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 20:10]
Shodipo’s on fire on 20:25 - Jan 3 with 2624 viewsBAWHoops

I think he's another Kakay/Niko... not good enough for this level.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Shodipo’s on fire on 20:46 - Jan 3 with 2595 viewsEsox_Lucius

How about waiting until these players have 100+ games under their belt. This all sounds like the same criticism that Eze was getting until he had a couple of seasons under him.

The grass is always greener.

Shodipo’s on fire on 21:33 - Jan 3 with 2540 viewsBoston

Shodipo’s on fire on 20:46 - Jan 3 by Esox_Lucius

How about waiting until these players have 100+ games under their belt. This all sounds like the same criticism that Eze was getting until he had a couple of seasons under him.

Nobody’s used the ‘L’ word yet though!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Shodipo’s on fire on 22:03 - Jan 3 with 2527 viewsMickS

Shodipo’s on fire on 21:33 - Jan 3 by Boston

Nobody’s used the ‘L’ word yet though!

Languorous.
Shodipo’s on fire on 23:05 - Jan 3 with 2451 viewsgazza1

100+ games!!!! Like, lets see how good he is in 3 seasons time!!!.......

I would expect the Manager and coaches to have a far better idea a hell of a lot sooner than 100+ games, and what happens if there is 3/4 players in a similar situation?? We could end up having 7 players and 4 trialists or likewise on the pitch playing Championship football.
Shodipo’s on fire on 23:37 - Jan 3 with 2448 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Shodipo’s on fire on 23:05 - Jan 3 by gazza1

100+ games!!!! Like, lets see how good he is in 3 seasons time!!!.......

I would expect the Manager and coaches to have a far better idea a hell of a lot sooner than 100+ games, and what happens if there is 3/4 players in a similar situation?? We could end up having 7 players and 4 trialists or likewise on the pitch playing Championship football.

Plus about six regulars. Sorted.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Shodipo’s on fire on 09:57 - Jan 4 with 2239 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Shodipo’s on fire on 09:59 - Jan 4 with 2213 viewsgazza1

Fantastic, another £100k on his transfer fee!!!
Shodipo’s on fire on 10:04 - Jan 4 with 2212 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Shodipo’s on fire on 09:59 - Jan 4 by gazza1

You have to be happy for him after all his injuries.

Shodipo’s on fire on 10:09 - Jan 4 with 2192 viewsfrancisbowles

Shodipo’s on fire on 09:59 - Jan 4 by gazza1

As he is out of contract at the end of the season, I don't think there is any transfer money to come. Best thing we can do is make a decision, offer new contract or release in June.
Shodipo’s on fire on 10:21 - Jan 4 with 2176 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Shodipo’s on fire on 10:09 - Jan 4 by francisbowles

As he is out of contract at the end of the season, I don't think there is any transfer money to come. Best thing we can do is make a decision, offer new contract or release in June.

He's 24 on 5th July 2021 according to Wiki (I know!) so that would mean compo?

Shodipo’s on fire on 10:28 - Jan 4 with 2153 viewsfrancisbowles

Shodipo’s on fire on 10:21 - Jan 4 by BrianMcCarthy

He's 24 on 5th July 2021 according to Wiki (I know!) so that would mean compo?

Possibly, Brian. My understanding is he is currently 23. I don't think it would be very much though, unless he comes back in BOS's place and performs well.

I still think there is a reasonable footballer in him. Similar to BOS but not as strong physically and maybe not quite as quick.
Shodipo’s on fire on 10:35 - Jan 4 with 2144 viewsrsonist

Imagine having a big buzzing bee in your bonnet about Mide Shodipo. This place never ceases to amaze.
Shodipo’s on fire on 11:04 - Jan 4 with 2111 viewsBrianWilson

Shodipo’s on fire on 10:09 - Jan 4 by francisbowles

I think he is contracted until June 2022.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Shodipo’s on fire on 11:08 - Jan 4 with 2093 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Shodipo’s on fire on 11:04 - Jan 4 by BrianWilson

Better again. Thanks for that.

Shodipo’s on fire on 11:26 - Jan 4 with 2062 viewsdistortR

Shodipo’s on fire on 11:08 - Jan 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Better again. Thanks for that.

causing unnecessary panic with your new variant of contract bullshit
Shodipo’s on fire on 11:57 - Jan 4 with 2007 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Shodipo’s on fire on 11:26 - Jan 4 by distortR

causing unnecessary panic with your new variant of contract bullshit

I didn't start it, Mum!

Shodipo’s on fire on 13:18 - Jan 4 with 1937 viewsfrancisbowles

Shodipo’s on fire on 11:04 - Jan 4 by BrianWilson

Yes, you are correct. I looked at the end date of his Oxford contract.

At the risk of upsetting others, we may have a year's option as well!
Shodipo’s on fire on 15:25 - Jan 4 with 1851 viewsMonners69

Shodipo’s on fire on 20:01 - Jan 2 by Myke

Shodipo will be a very good Championship player if he can stay injury free, either for us or somebody else. I hope he comes back in January. I love his direct style and can deliver a great final ball, something Dykes has been crying out for.
My two concerns would be that (A) He wouldn't fit into a wing-back system, which seems to be the way forward for the moment - not experienced enough to play as an auxiliary striker, like BOS
(B) In a flat back four, would he track back to help out Niko? That was his major short-coming previously
But with 20 mins to go, he could be much more of a game changer than what we currently have on the bench
[Post edited 2 Jan 2021 22:28]

totally agree - I think he could thrive with this run of games and a manager who believes in him - a few of his goals have been beauts!
Shodipo’s on fire on 08:34 - Jan 6 with 1662 viewswestberksr

I have a few Oxford mates (we or I, try to avoid discussing a certain match).....

one who is connected to the club said that he is either a 9/10 or 1/10. Scoring a worldy from 30 yards or tripping over and missing a 1 yard tap in. He is a particularly harsh critic so I suspect that means he's doing ok overall

always looks like there is a player in there but never really given enough of a chance to prove it either way.
Shodipo’s on fire on 11:11 - Jan 6 with 1583 viewsMonners69

Totally agree - I'd put Chair/Shodipo/Niko/Kakay all in same place albeit Chair is further on.

The one thing about Mide is that he's had a number of injury problems he seems clear of these and a regular run of full games has given him confidence - the finish for his first goal at the weekend was ace and uinder pressure
Shodipo’s on fire on 20:05 - Mar 19 with 1360 viewsdannyblue

11 goals in 19 starts for Ox Utd now. Appears injury free too. Plays off the bench quite a lot, but has always been available I think.

Imagine if we were signing a 23 year old with that league 1 record? We'd be excited.

Contract up summer 22 so might want to get him an extension.
Shodipo’s on fire on 20:26 - Mar 19 with 1299 viewsgolborne

In his early starts he played at full back (343 could suit), is mobile and has a great whip (delivery) on him. To be fair to Warburton he tried to give him a bit of game time before allowing him to go out on loan. Just shows that young players need football to develop . We’ve been very generous with letting out our young talent in recent years but likely Ramsey and Les saw great talent not go out and end up in non league over the years at Spurs. Willock is a signing from our ex Arsenal youth coach. They probably see this all the time, but their hands are tied at the big clubs.
I genuinely feel we have an amazing set up at the minute, if we just had a few quid to find more dickies, rather than waiting to lose chair etc to replenish. God bless Brentford (I have no issues as they’re a c/d league club and we’re b), they keep finding them, but are losing them just as quick. Preston had that issue about 15 years ago and fizzled.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024