Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dominic Ball : Club legend 20:24 - Feb 21 with 8257 viewsT_Block

My man of the match yesterday.I thought he was very good in a team that is getting tired.
Tick in the for column.
Can pass like an Arse then like Faurlin-better than most think.
I would really like to know how flashy he is in training
Pushing Todd Kane for club legend
One to enjoy yesterday....
Dominic Ball : Club legend on 10:17 - Feb 26 with 611 viewsdenhamhoop2

I love Dom Ball's sheer brio and enthusiasm also wouldn't dismiss the fact he is super fit and available for selection(It's a bit hard playing games when unavailable through injury). He is inconsistent in his passing but he always looks to move forward carrying the ball something only Willock also does for the team.
I also like LTC but think he is a bit like Tiago for Liverpool he slows the whole pace of the game down which is a hindrance to how the team play.
Ball always brings a smile to my face when he tries to do stuff he just isn't technically good enough to do and then ends up Sunday morning hacking the opposition down to cover the error that follows
Dominic Ball : Club legend on 10:53 - Feb 26 with 585 viewsswisscottage

Dominic Ball : Club legend on 09:59 - Feb 26 by Myke

Dom Ball reminds of Karl Henry, very limited, but totally honest and totally committed to giving his all on the pitch.
With Carroll (and I've made this point previously) his ball retention is of a very high standard. The trouble is (was), before Austin and Johansen's arrival, the options in front of him were limited, with so little movement off the ball, that he often was forced to pass sideways or backwards, just so we would keep the ball. Ironically, since he got injured, this situation has improved significantly. I believe he would thrive in our current set up.

I almost choked when i read that.

Dom Ball is nothing like Henry. In fact I'd say he's the complete antithesis of Henry. Henry slowed the game down massively. Every time he received the ball he'd need two touches, and then play it backwards as the epitome of a negative player.

Dom Ball does the exact opposite. He receives the ball and looks to either play it quickly or turn and drive forward, often inconsistently, but always looking to get the play moving forward at speed.
Dominic Ball : Club legend on 11:36 - Feb 26 with 560 viewsMyke

Dominic Ball : Club legend on 10:53 - Feb 26 by swisscottage

I almost choked when i read that.

Dom Ball is nothing like Henry. In fact I'd say he's the complete antithesis of Henry. Henry slowed the game down massively. Every time he received the ball he'd need two touches, and then play it backwards as the epitome of a negative player.

Dom Ball does the exact opposite. He receives the ball and looks to either play it quickly or turn and drive forward, often inconsistently, but always looking to get the play moving forward at speed.

Well you are on a roll when it comes to mis-reading my comments today. I made no comparison whatsoever between Henry's and Ball's ability other than to describe both as 'limited' What I was comparing them with was their honesty and commitment, which if you didn't notice in Henry, you clearly weren't paying close attention to him
Dominic Ball : Club legend on 11:57 - Feb 26 with 539 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dominic Ball : Club legend on 02:36 - Feb 26 by Benny_the_Ball

Nonsense. Pass completion rate may be decent but there are no statistics to support the notion that the majority of LTC's passes are pre-assists. It is utter piffle to suggest that the pass before the assist is the key pass in a team move and try to quantify a player's worth accordingly. That is truly clutching at straws. There are statistics, damn statistics and lies.

No need to pull out the P bomb is there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024