Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Prince Philip 12:23 - Apr 9 with 14596 viewsGloucs_R

🇬🇧

Poll: Are we staying up?

RIP Prince Philip on 22:45 - Apr 10 with 1285 viewsGloucs_R

To all you left wing fascists. Take a long look at your lives. You've achieved nothing yet have the audacity to criticise someone who fought real Nazis.

The Right will continue to gain more power as you turn against the working class. You're done.

This country will go from strength to strength. ,🇬🇧

God save the Queen 🇬🇧

Finally, wise up to the Left Wing propaganda.

I'll leave you with this.....

The demonization of the right as fascism, that therefore forfeits its place to be heard in the public square, employs the strategy developed by the Marxist scholar Herbert Marcuse.

See you all at Loftus Road.

Poll: Are we staying up?

RIP Prince Philip on 23:02 - Apr 10 with 1198 viewsaston_hoop

RIP Prince Philip on 22:45 - Apr 10 by Gloucs_R

To all you left wing fascists. Take a long look at your lives. You've achieved nothing yet have the audacity to criticise someone who fought real Nazis.

The Right will continue to gain more power as you turn against the working class. You're done.

God save the Queen 🇬🇧

The demonization of the right as fascism, that therefore forfeits its place to be heard in the public square, employs the strategy developed by the Marxist scholar Herbert Marcuse.

This divisive shit is sad.

We are QPR

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

RIP Prince Philip on 23:04 - Apr 10 with 1178 viewsNed_Kennedys

RIP Prince Philip on 18:43 - Apr 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Wouldn’t waste your breath mate.

You can’t reason with someone who is angry at their own imagination.

Surely you don’t think I meant you mate? Dry your eyes.
RIP Prince Philip on 23:05 - Apr 10 with 1176 viewsNorthernr

God save the Queen 🇬🇧

Always reassuring to find somebody at this point in a Saturday who's had more to drink than me.

QPR won 4-1 today.
RIP Prince Philip on 23:06 - Apr 10 with 1165 viewsQPRKirty

God save the Queen 🇬🇧

Jesus, get a grip man.
RIP Prince Philip on 23:09 - Apr 10 with 1147 viewsizlingtonhoop

God save the Queen 🇬🇧

I honestly never imagined Johnny Byrne thinking like that...
😲
RIP Prince Philip on 23:12 - Apr 10 with 1123 viewsRanger_Things

God save the Queen 🇬🇧

Needs more flags.
RIP Prince Philip on 23:15 - Apr 10 with 1103 viewsizlingtonhoop

RIP Prince Philip on 23:12 - Apr 10 by Ranger_Things

Needs more flags.

Chasing pavements
Login to get fewer ads

RIP Prince Philip on 23:16 - Apr 10 with 1099 viewsQPRKirty

RIP Prince Philip on 23:12 - Apr 10 by Ranger_Things

Needs more flags.

and they're a bit small
RIP Prince Philip on 23:30 - Apr 10 with 1050 views100percent

God save the Queen 🇬🇧

Triggered, much?
ha ha - pass him a hanky before he bursts into tears... ha ha....
RIP Prince Philip on 07:46 - Apr 11 with 878 viewsngbqpr

RIP Prince Philip on 21:45 - Apr 10 by PhilmyRs

I’m in no way a supporter of the royal family, feel a bit indifferent to it all but in 70 years plus service you’ve flagged about 3 or 4 examples of his stupidity, where he’s said something inappropriate. Hearing a lot of the comments about him it would seem a key part of his approach would be to always try and calm down whoever he was meeting, try putting them at ease and would view cracking a joke as the best way, he clearly fcked up on this on occasion. But as said, these are examples from 70 years of service. You’d probably find more damaging material on every member of the cabinet who’ve been in situ for best part of a couple of years.

This is no Donald Trump we’re talking about here just someone who was committed to serving and doing their duty and made some embarrassing fck ups in the process. He was committed to not putting on a show, not reverting to spin like a number of politicians do and clearly got him into trouble by sticking to this. I don’t find him evil or even worthy of digging up comments from the 1980s. I think he should be remembered as loyal to his wife and the country/commonwealth with a decent work effort. Debates about maintaining the monarchy are all valid but probably worth a separate discussion. If this was a RIP Trump, Adams or Bush thread or any number of ex leaders from around the world, I could understand the hostility and why people would feel the need to wade in, just don’t get it with this one. A lot more evil and hated people that have caused a lot more damage to the world during their lives than Prince Philip.

Having written the above should say I’m sick of the tv coverage and have no strong pro or anti monarchy views. Just find it strange people are so critical of him. His son on the other hand...

I haven’t seen a lot of hostility here, or people “wading in”, same on the other thread.

Those of us expressing republican sympathies have all, I think, focused on the concept / existence of the royal family as an institution rather than dissing Philip or other individuals.

I picked out 3 or 4 quotes from dozens specifically in response to Gaza’s post. FWIW I do think Philip got a free pass - his “gaffe prone”, “plain speaking” way of “putting people at ease’ would have seen him sacked in pretty much any other profession.

Anyway, 4-1 and a too 10 finish in our sights 👍

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024