Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ey up chuck-match thread 07:36 - Apr 13 with 30008 viewswood_hoop

Looks llike as an early riser have managed to get to start this off.

After Saturdays goal fest can;'t see the same tonight, , tiredness may creep in a bit with the games close together so will go for a 1-0 win to us.
ey up chuck-match thread on 00:46 - Apr 14 with 1107 viewsBoston

ey up chuck-match thread on 23:21 - Apr 13 by HantsR

That's surreal.

We call it rain in America.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

ey up chuck-match thread on 00:47 - Apr 14 with 1105 viewsed_83

Such a frustrating game -we looked the better of two mediocre sides in the first half, even in second gear, and when Dykes’ (excellent) goal went in I fully expected us to push on and get more.

Instead we give away two awful goals and completely lose the plot. We looked disorganised, disorientated and dysfunctional for the last 30 minutes. Not sure if it was complacency, tiredness or inexperience but something just wasn’t there mentally. If we’re seriously thinking about a playoff push next season, then we need to avoid any return to our pre-January habit of folding under pressure.

There were a couple of positives - Dykes getting into double figures for the season, Thomas and Kelman doing decently - but that’s about it. Though Hamallainen was a real weak link again, and players we’d expect to have stepped up and imposed themselves on a game like this (Johansen, Chair, Willock) never really got going.
ey up chuck-match thread on 00:55 - Apr 14 with 1083 viewsBoston

On the bright side...my new Brazilian friends thought it was great to have a live game blaring across the jobsite. I must teach them English soon though.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

ey up chuck-match thread on 02:09 - Apr 14 with 1012 viewsMatch82

ey up chuck-match thread on 00:55 - Apr 14 by Boston

On the bright side...my new Brazilian friends thought it was great to have a live game blaring across the jobsite. I must teach them English soon though.

Please include the Barnsley game as part of this process, interesting to see if that stimulates a violent reaction when shown to a Brazilian
ey up chuck-match thread on 07:45 - Apr 14 with 849 viewspaulparker

ey up chuck-match thread on 22:29 - Apr 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

How about £50.

More than 70 points I win
Less than 70 points you win.

Your on

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

ey up chuck-match thread on 07:53 - Apr 14 with 834 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

ey up chuck-match thread on 07:45 - Apr 14 by paulparker

Your on

Triffic.
ey up chuck-match thread on 08:09 - Apr 14 with 812 viewsBlackCrowe

ey up chuck-match thread on 21:58 - Apr 13 by Myke

If you don't experiment when you are sitting in mid-table, when do you? In meaningless pre-season friendlies? This is exactly the right time to be trying different players in different positions and different formations. It is not entirely accurate, because the players are knackered and will hopefully be nice and fresh next August, but it is still a lot more meaningful than Sollyhull in July

I agree, i just won't be paying £10 to watch it.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

ey up chuck-match thread on 08:24 - Apr 14 with 779 viewsderbyhoop

ey up chuck-match thread on 21:08 - Apr 13 by Hunterhoop

That last 30 was unprofessional from players and the manager.

Barbet has had two inexcusable brain farts to cause two goals (just goes to sleep).

But after that the team just fell apart.

Johansen played with the air of a man who didn’t give a toss. His passing was lazy and inaccurate and his tracking back non-existent.

Dickie looked like someone pissed on his cornflakes. He was not tracking his man, not winning battles, getting rolled easily.

Barbet decided to stop marking Ladapo. Only relief was when he went off.

Warburton did the sam trick of take off one of our two central midfielders. Unfortunately it was the one who was doing all the work and can hold his head high. Meant we became wide open again.

Even the subs who came on. Bonne was petty. Chair barely moved to find space and just went to stand on the left touchline. And Willock completely failed to trap simple passes the first two times it went to him. And Kane may has well have not been there. Kakay was playing centre half and wing back. No idea where Kane was.

The attitude was poor, but Warburton’s decisions were odd. If there was a game for Ball to come on for Johansen early in the second half, that was it. We ended up with a back 3 and 1 central midfielder and no one else of defensive duty. No surprise we get done again. By all means give it a go, but it’s Rotherham. We shouldn’t need to throw away all shape and discipline to do it!

In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter, but a winning mentality is important. If you can do the right things well when it doesn’t matter, you’ll do them well when it does matter.

That’s as accurate a summary as anybody could provide.

Unprofessional.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024