Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clean sheets 22:59 - Apr 20 with 1846 viewsMyke

Three in a row for Joe. Just saying...
Clean sheets on 23:03 - Apr 20 with 1813 viewsbosh67

He looks rejuvenated. Pleased for him. He's had a very tough time but he looks very good again. Hopefully he and Dieng, who is brilliant, slug it out again next season to be number 1.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Clean sheets on 23:06 - Apr 20 with 1793 viewsLongsufferingR

Was thinking during the game that he may keep his place for the rest of the season now. Has been spot on since coming on against Boro, and why would we need to put Dieng back on show for other clubs at this stage of the season?
Clean sheets on 23:09 - Apr 20 with 1777 viewsMyke

Clean sheets on 23:06 - Apr 20 by LongsufferingR

Was thinking during the game that he may keep his place for the rest of the season now. Has been spot on since coming on against Boro, and why would we need to put Dieng back on show for other clubs at this stage of the season?

Also, what has almost got overlooked with the sending off,is that he is recovering from a broken nose.
Clean sheets on 23:10 - Apr 20 with 1763 viewsCiderwithRsie

Clean sheets on 23:03 - Apr 20 by bosh67

He looks rejuvenated. Pleased for him. He's had a very tough time but he looks very good again. Hopefully he and Dieng, who is brilliant, slug it out again next season to be number 1.

That would be great but TBH Dieng is clearly going to start No 1 and I think Lumley will feel he needs to go somewhere where he is first choice (and who can blame him on his last couple of games?)

Would love to be wrong but at the very least if Lumley goes he will go with his head held high and the respect of the fans. I feel a lot better about that whatever happens
Clean sheets on 23:13 - Apr 20 with 1744 viewsAntti_Heinola

I wonder how many more players need to be 'rejuvenated' before some sections of our fanbase decide to give players a bit more time before writing them off completely.

Bare bones.

Clean sheets on 23:17 - Apr 20 with 1720 viewsNorthernr

Can we just talk about the bit at the end. Lumley’s time wasting has always been comically brazen, and when that ball went out with a minute and 15 still left in the stoppage time I said to Simmo “watch this, he’s going to try and spend all of that on a goal kick”. Cut back to the wide angle, he’s halfway up the stand behind the goal “looking for a ball”
Clean sheets on 23:27 - Apr 20 with 1673 viewsHunterhoop

Clean sheets on 23:10 - Apr 20 by CiderwithRsie

That would be great but TBH Dieng is clearly going to start No 1 and I think Lumley will feel he needs to go somewhere where he is first choice (and who can blame him on his last couple of games?)

Would love to be wrong but at the very least if Lumley goes he will go with his head held high and the respect of the fans. I feel a lot better about that whatever happens

Spot on.
Clean sheets on 23:29 - Apr 20 with 1665 viewsParkRoyalR

Clean sheets on 23:17 - Apr 20 by Northernr

Can we just talk about the bit at the end. Lumley’s time wasting has always been comically brazen, and when that ball went out with a minute and 15 still left in the stoppage time I said to Simmo “watch this, he’s going to try and spend all of that on a goal kick”. Cut back to the wide angle, he’s halfway up the stand behind the goal “looking for a ball”

Maybe he went looking for their legend of a ball-boy to share some tips on how to run the clock down!

Love Joe's timewasting, I know I shouldn't, but it's a great sub-plot when he plays!
Login to get fewer ads

Clean sheets on 23:34 - Apr 20 with 1643 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No, sorry my man, but I disagree.

This modern crap of taking a ball under no pressure whatsoever then falling Vietnam-style to the ground in slow, joint-based stages is embarrassing:

Then, he takes ten seconds to rise. Pheonix from the flames.

I'd much prefer a goalie to claim the ball, and attack the oppo, brush into them, intimidate them, dominate their area. Throw everyone else out of it. Establish the rules.

It actually takes the same time off the clock.

There are loads of other ways to waste time as you know. Maybe. Not that we've ever have chatted about that.
No.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Clean sheets on 00:00 - Apr 21 with 1593 viewsParkRoyalR

Clean sheets on 23:34 - Apr 20 by BrianMcCarthy

No, sorry my man, but I disagree.

This modern crap of taking a ball under no pressure whatsoever then falling Vietnam-style to the ground in slow, joint-based stages is embarrassing:

Then, he takes ten seconds to rise. Pheonix from the flames.

I'd much prefer a goalie to claim the ball, and attack the oppo, brush into them, intimidate them, dominate their area. Throw everyone else out of it. Establish the rules.

It actually takes the same time off the clock.

There are loads of other ways to waste time as you know. Maybe. Not that we've ever have chatted about that.
No.

I agree Brian, but c'mon it's Joe, he's one of our own, I can tell by your last paragraph your torn
Clean sheets on 00:07 - Apr 21 with 1567 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Clean sheets on 00:00 - Apr 21 by ParkRoyalR

I agree Brian, but c'mon it's Joe, he's one of our own, I can tell by your last paragraph your torn

You're right. The first casualty of goalkeeping is innocence.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Clean sheets on 00:26 - Apr 21 with 1539 viewsTacticalR

Clean sheets on 23:09 - Apr 20 by Myke

Also, what has almost got overlooked with the sending off,is that he is recovering from a broken nose.

Our goalkeepers generally don't respond well to kicks in the head.

Air hostess clique

Clean sheets on 01:12 - Apr 21 with 1477 viewsSydneyRs

Is there a person alive who hasn't had their confidence knocked and performed below their best for periods? Most of us though don't have to endure morons publicly slating us and sending abusive messages etc.

Lumley is back to the keeper he was before the dip in confidence. Lyndon Dykes has come through a lean spell and is now on fire. You'd like to think this would make the idiots realise its better to get behind these guys but somehow I think its unlikely. Their own miserable lives ensure nothing but hate pours out of them.
Clean sheets on 05:49 - Apr 21 with 1357 viewsbakerloo8

Well done Joe. Brilliant effort. Showing there is a good keeper in there.
Hes out of contract in the summer though isn't he? Would be excellent back up for Dieng if he signed a new one.
Clean sheets on 07:06 - Apr 21 with 1285 viewsnix

Clean sheets on 23:27 - Apr 20 by Hunterhoop

Spot on.

Yep. He deserves to be number one goalie somewhere and unless Dieng gets a massive offer in that we can't turn down, he's going nowhere.

But I am delighted to see him coming back to form at a perfect time for him. Once again, Warburton has managed him brilliantly, taking him out of the firing line, building his confidence back up and giving him a couple of loans to keep him match sharp.
Clean sheets on 11:08 - Apr 22 with 995 viewsW7Ranger

Clean sheets on 07:06 - Apr 21 by nix

Yep. He deserves to be number one goalie somewhere and unless Dieng gets a massive offer in that we can't turn down, he's going nowhere.

But I am delighted to see him coming back to form at a perfect time for him. Once again, Warburton has managed him brilliantly, taking him out of the firing line, building his confidence back up and giving him a couple of loans to keep him match sharp.

So does anyone know what Lumley's contract situation is? I believe it ends this summer and he hasn't renewed (yet) - have we offered him one?

Kelly looks like he's enjoying being back in Scotland and playing regularly, so wouldn't be surprised if he goes.

That leave Seny (who may be attracting interest from other clubs), and young Joe Walsh that we got from Gillingham.

Personally I'd love for Joe to stay and fight it out with Seny next season, although Seny does look No.1 at the mo. But if Seny has another good season, I can see him going and that hopefully Lumley would slot back in and play the way we know he can play, which I would be delighted with that scenario.
Clean sheets on 11:23 - Apr 22 with 957 viewsMalintabuk

Have to agree that the one and a bit games he as played recently he looks to be somewhere near back to that pre kick in the face at Villa Park. It must be tempered though that it is only that a game and a bit
Pleased for the lad and he as certainly not let himself or the team down.
Can't see him replacing Seny at the minute and it may very well make the club listen to any offers we may get for Seny a bit more receptive
He Seems to be more confident on crosses than before... he was always a decent shot stopper but he seems more willing to come and claim the ball.
If his contract does run down I can see him picking up a club perhaps in Lge 1, not sure about championship just now.
Whatever happens Joe does not owe the club anything and wish him well either here or pastures new
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024