Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Thomas 20:38 - May 24 with 4339 viewsdmm

I see George Thomas has been included in the Wales training squad for the Euros. We've not seen a great deal of him yet and I'm yet to be convinced he's going to make it with us. I can't see him getting ahead of Chair or Willock next season. Nonetheless, I hope he makes it into the Wales squad and gets some game time. It would give the lad a real boost.
George Thomas on 20:41 - May 24 with 4316 viewsmcqpr10

Looks a talented player just not sure what position he is? Needs a long run of games.
George Thomas on 21:09 - May 24 with 4170 viewsnix

I thought he looked pretty good for a couple of games before unfortunately getting injured again. Pre-season should make a big difference for him as he missed out last year. Certainly looking forward to seeing more of him next season.
George Thomas on 21:21 - May 24 with 4118 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

George Thomas on 20:41 - May 24 by mcqpr10

Looks a talented player just not sure what position he is? Needs a long run of games.

Seems to be 5 out of 10 in nearly everthing - nothing really bad to say about him but at the same time nothing stands out.

Position wise I think he played as striker for Coventry but looks more like an attacking midfielder now. Simon Barker type perhaps?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

George Thomas on 22:01 - May 24 with 3957 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Vested interest in this from both an R and Wales fan, im sure he is only in Portugal to make up the numbers and make an impression with the coaching team, as quite a few of our players are in playoff or other competitive matches. Players like Brennan Johnson and others have jumped ahead of him due to his injuries.

I would love to see how he develops and hopefully after a run of games we might know more.
George Thomas on 08:59 - May 25 with 3559 viewsrobith

I think he could be really good, he just needs a bit of consistency injury wise. Only played 480 minutes this season so I'm not sure anyone can judge him either way
George Thomas on 09:37 - May 25 with 3418 viewsswisscottage

I think its way to early to judge Thomas. It also unfair to compare him directly to Chair and Willock.. he's a completely different type of player..

I see him as more of an inside right than an attacking midfielder with much of his game about making runs into channels or in behind, a sort of Jamie Mackie type. He scored plenty of goals in the various Welsh youth internationals, and in premier league 2 when at Leicester.

Quite often though, he's been brought on as a replacement for either Chair or Willock, and has often been played deeper than really suits his game which is where the comparison undoubtedly comes from , and also why, when he has had a chance he hasn't often been seen to best effect.

I think he has plenty of scope to show a lot more. He's been unable to generate any level of consistency due to a number of niggling injuries.

I'd actually like to see Warburton try him as a 2nd striker supporting Dykes, if Charlie doesn't sign, or being used alongside either if Charlie does sign.
George Thomas on 10:00 - May 25 with 3340 viewsTonto

just please for the bloke. it will be a confidence boost. and i hope that will carry onto next year.

competition for places in the starting XI is never a bad thing!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

George Thomas on 10:08 - May 25 with 3312 viewsMaggsinho

When was the last time we had three players called up for international tournament squads?
Login to get fewer ads

George Thomas on 10:18 - May 25 with 3253 viewsbosh67

George Thomas on 21:21 - May 24 by CliveWilsonSaid

Seems to be 5 out of 10 in nearly everthing - nothing really bad to say about him but at the same time nothing stands out.

Position wise I think he played as striker for Coventry but looks more like an attacking midfielder now. Simon Barker type perhaps?

I think the potential Simon Barker type player is a really good shout.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

George Thomas on 11:10 - May 25 with 3110 viewsrsonist

With Amos and Carroll returning (and not being guaranteed of starts either) it's hard to see how much meaningful opportunity he'll find centrally.

If he could substitute Kane at RWB that would be handy though.
George Thomas on 11:58 - May 25 with 3038 viewsBazzeR

I think Tom Carroll was offered a new contract offer for next season but haven’t yet seen confirmation that he has re- signed ?
I
George Thomas on 13:57 - May 25 with 2763 viewsdmm

George Thomas on 09:37 - May 25 by swisscottage

I think its way to early to judge Thomas. It also unfair to compare him directly to Chair and Willock.. he's a completely different type of player..

I see him as more of an inside right than an attacking midfielder with much of his game about making runs into channels or in behind, a sort of Jamie Mackie type. He scored plenty of goals in the various Welsh youth internationals, and in premier league 2 when at Leicester.

Quite often though, he's been brought on as a replacement for either Chair or Willock, and has often been played deeper than really suits his game which is where the comparison undoubtedly comes from , and also why, when he has had a chance he hasn't often been seen to best effect.

I think he has plenty of scope to show a lot more. He's been unable to generate any level of consistency due to a number of niggling injuries.

I'd actually like to see Warburton try him as a 2nd striker supporting Dykes, if Charlie doesn't sign, or being used alongside either if Charlie does sign.

During his career the positions Thomas has played in most frequently are as an attacking midfielder - 41 times or as a right winger - 41 times. He's occasionally been used in centre midfield, right midfield and left winger. He's only played a few times as a striker or second striker.

So I think the comparison to Chair and Willock is a completely fair one to make.
George Thomas on 15:47 - May 25 with 2589 viewsgazza1

George Thomas on 13:57 - May 25 by dmm

During his career the positions Thomas has played in most frequently are as an attacking midfielder - 41 times or as a right winger - 41 times. He's occasionally been used in centre midfield, right midfield and left winger. He's only played a few times as a striker or second striker.

So I think the comparison to Chair and Willock is a completely fair one to make.

Wales must be desparate.....GT has had a pretty average, some may say, disappointing season at QPR and gets into the Welsh squad.
[Post edited 25 May 2021 15:48]
George Thomas on 15:55 - May 25 with 2544 viewsWelsh_Ranger

George Thomas on 15:47 - May 25 by gazza1

Wales must be desparate.....GT has had a pretty average, some may say, disappointing season at QPR and gets into the Welsh squad.
[Post edited 25 May 2021 15:48]

Not desperate TBH friend. If you read my initial comment he is their to be assessed by the coaching team having graduated from the youth setups. Page has not selected any of our players that are awaiting playoff final appearances or playing in the Europa league.

It is basically a training camp before he announces our squad of which Thomas wont make the squad

Our squad considering the size of our nation is really promising and has more strength in depth than it has in generations.
[Post edited 25 May 2021 16:06]
George Thomas on 16:40 - May 25 with 2439 viewsgazza1

George Thomas on 15:55 - May 25 by Welsh_Ranger

Not desperate TBH friend. If you read my initial comment he is their to be assessed by the coaching team having graduated from the youth setups. Page has not selected any of our players that are awaiting playoff final appearances or playing in the Europa league.

It is basically a training camp before he announces our squad of which Thomas wont make the squad

Our squad considering the size of our nation is really promising and has more strength in depth than it has in generations.
[Post edited 25 May 2021 16:06]

ok, fine.
George Thomas on 17:34 - May 25 with 2370 viewsqprphil

George Thomas on 08:59 - May 25 by robith

I think he could be really good, he just needs a bit of consistency injury wise. Only played 480 minutes this season so I'm not sure anyone can judge him either way

Good post..I reckon he could come good just as Dykes has. If we can get out of the blocks early in the season, I feel anything could happen. I'm more worried about how Amos will get going after his bad injury.
George Thomas on 06:49 - May 26 with 2095 viewsHastings_Hoops

He’s a decent looking player on the QPR attacking midfielder conveyer belt:

Chair > Willock > Thomas > the new Shodipo?

...let’s hope he plays 50% of games next year to build on last years cameos and prepare him for the following year’s major role.
George Thomas on 01:03 - May 31 with 1613 viewsBrazilNutR

seems to have been dropped from the 26 man squad now..
George Thomas on 07:21 - May 31 with 1432 viewsdavman

George Thomas on 01:03 - May 31 by BrazilNutR

seems to have been dropped from the 26 man squad now..

Yes and Matt Smith is in.

WITH the hype he got last season, he was a real disappointment to me. Good enough for 40 games in a Doncaster shirt this season though and a place at the Euros.

He's not going to make it at City, is he?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

George Thomas on 10:34 - May 31 with 1182 viewsrsonist

Some very odd picks ahead of Will Vaulks, Brennan Johnson, Josh Sheehan.
George Thomas on 19:38 - Jun 1 with 940 viewsWelsh_Ranger

George Thomas on 10:34 - May 31 by rsonist

Some very odd picks ahead of Will Vaulks, Brennan Johnson, Josh Sheehan.

Will Vaulks is meant to be quite prickly behind the scenes and has fallen out with some senior players and coaches.

Brennan i am gutted about but i doubt he would see any game time but to be around some of our attacking talent would have been amazing.

Sheehan, i believe is unlucky but hasnt impressed in the training camp and would have been a wild card.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024