Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is Insane! 13:53 - Sep 7 with 2157 viewshantssi

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58475447

If the WC is every 2 years and you can be certain that UEFA will have the Euros every 2 years, that’s a major tournament every year!
My question is, when on earth is the time to qualify?
It’ll be international breaks every week!!
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 13:55]
This is Insane! on 14:28 - Sep 7 with 1994 viewsbosh67

Is this so Terry can always be wearing his kit in case he is needed to prance around with a trophy?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

This is Insane! on 14:51 - Sep 7 with 1914 viewsJuzzie

Over saturation of anything kills it off.
This is Insane! on 14:53 - Sep 7 with 1909 viewsdaveB

They'd have to change the qualifying for this to work, think it's a bit of a non starter to be honest
This is Insane! on 15:16 - Sep 7 with 1847 viewsToast_R

Completely de-values the prestige of the world cup in my opinion. The reason it's so good is because you have to wait for 4 years for it. Imagine winning it and only being world cup winners for 2 years.

This will be overkill and we'll care far less when it's on.

"Didn't bother watching it much this year" or "Only gets good in the knockout out rounds so I'll take an interest then".
This is Insane! on 15:22 - Sep 7 with 1823 viewsdanehoop

Imagine how far and wide they must have searched to draw upon the greatest minds in Football for Wenger to consult, before ending up with a racist bell-end and a bloke who does appalling radio commercials for gambling companies with Arry Bagpuss.

Never knowingly understood

This is Insane! on 15:36 - Sep 7 with 1757 viewshantssi

This is Insane! on 15:16 - Sep 7 by Toast_R

Completely de-values the prestige of the world cup in my opinion. The reason it's so good is because you have to wait for 4 years for it. Imagine winning it and only being world cup winners for 2 years.

This will be overkill and we'll care far less when it's on.

"Didn't bother watching it much this year" or "Only gets good in the knockout out rounds so I'll take an interest then".

My sentiments exactly.
This is Insane! on 17:56 - Sep 7 with 1549 viewsPaddyhoops

Not sure who's going to host these world cups.
Cost a hell of a lot money to host in Brazil which didn't go down well with the locals.
Nobody else seems capable of holding in South America.
Australia would take it, probably.
As for Africa , well South Africa was the least memorable world cup in memory with half empty stadiums.
That leaves Europe and Asia.
Japan?? Olympics didn't go down to well.
One things for certain the bidding process will be corrupt and this country, sadly won't get it which is a disgrace.
Sadly the Euro final didn't do it any favours!
That leaves the oil rich states. Winter world cups and mountains of construction deaths. Whats not to like!!
This is Insane! on 21:09 - Sep 7 with 1379 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

So this is all about too much football being played? Too much football being broadcast I think they mean.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024