Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back. 22:34 - Sep 21 with 2841 viewsBlackCrowe

What fun.

We dominated first half, Toffees the second - rip-snorting cup night. Willock and Chair utterly outstanding in that first half.

Went down to the duggout area at the end of full time and the difference between our players and theirs was significant...we looked relaxed and smiling and had que-cera cera attitude whereas Everton players looked tense - under pressure to get through this shoot out.

wonderful stuff.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back. on 22:50 - Sep 21 with 2672 viewsSouthend_Rss

On the train at Fenchurch buzzing.. what a great game of football that was!
Just back. on 22:51 - Sep 21 with 2645 viewsBklynRanger

Yeah - was one of those nights of pure enjoyment. We deserved to win on the strength of that first half alone - Chair and Willock both looked like they'd been looking forward to this one. Chair's cross for Charlie's second was top drawer and Willock will have put a few million onto his valuation tonight.

And Dieng with a couple of superb one on one stops - great to see.

They all played well really - hope McCallum is ok because he was good again I thought.

Fair play to the Everton supporters on the way out - Only the cup and all that but they seemed to be a fairly calm philosophical bunch.
Just back. on 22:55 - Sep 21 with 2595 viewsStainrod

Just back. on 22:51 - Sep 21 by BklynRanger

Yeah - was one of those nights of pure enjoyment. We deserved to win on the strength of that first half alone - Chair and Willock both looked like they'd been looking forward to this one. Chair's cross for Charlie's second was top drawer and Willock will have put a few million onto his valuation tonight.

They all played well really - hope McCallum is ok because he was good again I thought.

Fair play to the Everton supporters on the way out - Only the cup and all that but they seemed to be a fairly calm philosophical bunch.

yes macalam seems to be improving with every game and starting to do what Wallace does of being the spare man on the left when the opposition is marking Chair and Willock.

Wonder if there is any chance of getting him after his loan?
Just back. on 22:57 - Sep 21 with 2551 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just back. on 22:51 - Sep 21 by BklynRanger

Unfortunately some loud mouthed tossers desperate for a fight when i got out. Pathetic losers.

Bare bones.

Just back. on 23:07 - Sep 21 with 2462 viewsManinBlack

There is no doubt tonight lifted my spirits after Saturdays nightmare particularly the build up for the first goal. I suppose the high scoring pre season games against United and Leicester gave us a flavour of what was to come which has continued as the season progresses.

Really good to see us as the top news story on Sky which hasn't happened for an age.
Just back. on 23:12 - Sep 21 with 2398 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Just back. on 22:57 - Sep 21 by Antti_Heinola

Unfortunately some loud mouthed tossers desperate for a fight when i got out. Pathetic losers.

Never fails to disappoint that some pric*s want to ruin the experience after a brilliant night for us.I just read today in Clives report about Everton and their history of racial abuse and like most I was shocked as they are supposedly a great family club .
Delighted for the loyal QPR fans who went tonight its a fair old financial commitment to keep paying the money down.
This is shaping up to be a magical year
Just back. on 23:23 - Sep 21 with 2298 viewsMick_S

That was absolutely magnificent. I didn’t fancy us in the penalty shoot out and when Dieng had to face that penalty re-take I thought that was it. But no - what heart and bottle our boys showed. Bedlam in R block, and everywhere else. Sky got a great shot of my youngest son expecting the worst and also when the winning pen went in. What a night.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Just back. on 23:28 - Sep 21 with 2234 viewsbarbicanranger

Tonight certainly lifted my spirits too. I felt sick after the Bristol smash and grab but tonight was a lot of fun and a lot of quality.

Warbz is such a calm character; the point above on the penalties - Rafa was pacing around where as Warbz was calm and composed.

The support sounded great as well. Well done to all those who went!
Login to get fewer ads

Just back. on 23:31 - Sep 21 with 2192 viewsOakR

That was so good, and even better my 10 year old described it as the best match he has ever seen including on TV. You can't beat a rocking Loftus Road on nights like this. Game was entertaining from start to finish, with serious elements of tension which made the victory all the sweeter.

Some sublime stuff by us in the first half, especially Chair and Willock, those 2 are so good together. They dominated 2nd half after we did first, what a game.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Just back. on 23:35 - Sep 21 with 2132 viewsBlackCrowe

Just back. on 23:31 - Sep 21 by OakR

That was so good, and even better my 10 year old described it as the best match he has ever seen including on TV. You can't beat a rocking Loftus Road on nights like this. Game was entertaining from start to finish, with serious elements of tension which made the victory all the sweeter.

Some sublime stuff by us in the first half, especially Chair and Willock, those 2 are so good together. They dominated 2nd half after we did first, what a game.

You're absolutely right Oak. Was concerned that Chair would be a lost soul after Eze's departure, but he and Willock are so connected.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back. on 23:43 - Sep 21 with 2071 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just back. on 23:23 - Sep 21 by Mick_S

That was absolutely magnificent. I didn’t fancy us in the penalty shoot out and when Dieng had to face that penalty re-take I thought that was it. But no - what heart and bottle our boys showed. Bedlam in R block, and everywhere else. Sky got a great shot of my youngest son expecting the worst and also when the winning pen went in. What a night.

We looked so relaxed before the pens, i was confident we'd score 5 and was willing them to miss one, but to be fair, both teams took some superb pens. Glad we edged it!

Bare bones.

Just back. on 00:17 - Sep 22 with 1947 viewsdmm

I've just got back home. What a magical game. We thoroughly deserved the win. A sublime evening and one that will live long in the memory.
Just back. on 00:26 - Sep 22 with 1887 viewsHantsR

I've not been back long - what a great, thoroughly entertaining night! I shall go to bed tired but a very happy man, thank you my team!
Just back. on 00:36 - Sep 22 with 1855 viewsMrSheen

Fantastic night, ending with a bizarre chat with North Devon’s number 1 Leeds fan in the William Morris in Hammersmith! 30 hour round trips to Newcastle!

Not sure why people were booing Andros Townsend, always seemed like one of the good guys in a mercenary era.
Just back. on 05:21 - Sep 22 with 1654 viewsMalintabuk

Can't add much more to this just wanted to contribute
Really good game and open and as others said we played some lovely stuff in the first half
I said at half time both Chair and Willock looked good, certainly the best 1st half i think Chair has ever played for us
Forgot how stressful and then how euphoric pens can be..... only if you win them
First time I have seen a prem side for a few years and know they had players out, but they did seem to give us a lot of time on the ball. Certainly never pressed us like Championship teams do, and I think that was why we looked so good
Typical glass half full though pens is the last thing we need with WBA on Friday..... but then thought who cares tonight we won........your RSSsssssx
Just back. on 09:58 - Sep 22 with 1192 viewsDTIG

It's just a wonderful feeling to have a team that's giving everything a good go this year!

However, not good for the old ticker. As if Bournemouth and Bristol City wasn't exhausting enough.

I went into this game thinking "we win we win, we loose we loose...no pressure"....and by the 8th penalty my heart was beating out of my chest! What happened to the good old days of abysmal no hope no stress football!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024