Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eustace 13:45 - Mar 21 with 7378 viewsdaveB

New coach of Republic of Ireland. WIll be a part time role so not leaving QPR

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/john-eustace-appointed-ireland-assistant-co
Eustace on 07:30 - Mar 25 with 2272 viewsPaddyhoops

Eustace on 01:39 - Mar 25 by CLAREMAN1995

Great to see that ROI have excellent keepers and very solid defense right now Myke but still cannot get enough goals to break through .It must be frustrating but at least there appears to be hope with young hungry players breaking through .
Are the rumors about Obafemi refusing the call up to change countries true or just speculation.
Not sure if he is the answer but appears to find the net frequently .
Enjoy the game shame there is no KDB or other stars for Belgium

Sadly the great hopes we had of Connolly, Parrot and Obefemi have turned to dust.
Can't see any of them cutting it at top level clubs let alone international level.
Hope I'm proved wrong.
Eustace on 20:55 - Mar 26 with 2076 viewsKildarePete

Good background article on Eustace.

https://www.the42.ie/how-irelands-new-coach-turned-kidderminster-into-the-non-le

Might be a decent replacement if Warburton parts way with QPR...
Eustace on 21:39 - Mar 26 with 2007 viewsMyke

Eustace on 01:39 - Mar 25 by CLAREMAN1995

Great to see that ROI have excellent keepers and very solid defense right now Myke but still cannot get enough goals to break through .It must be frustrating but at least there appears to be hope with young hungry players breaking through .
Are the rumors about Obafemi refusing the call up to change countries true or just speculation.
Not sure if he is the answer but appears to find the net frequently .
Enjoy the game shame there is no KDB or other stars for Belgium

Enjoyable match albeit against Belgium 2nd string. Several people around me had Hendrick as MotM Certainly pulled the strings in midfield for 75 minutes. Not really sure what the story is with Obafemi but Chidozie worked tirelessly upfront and a goal and assist is a decent afternoon's work. Not the best afternoon for Coleman who's star is sadly on the wane.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2022 21:41]
Eustace on 10:49 - Mar 27 with 1873 viewsfrancisbowles

Eustace on 20:55 - Mar 26 by KildarePete

Good background article on Eustace.

https://www.the42.ie/how-irelands-new-coach-turned-kidderminster-into-the-non-le

Might be a decent replacement if Warburton parts way with QPR...

Excellent piece. We are fortunate that he didn't go to Swansea. When Warbs has had enough, John should be our first choice.
Eustace on 11:44 - Mar 27 with 1805 viewsdmm

The article hints at his influence at QPR: "...some of the football was very wing-based. He liked his full-backs to get forward, and having the flair players in behind as well.”

Of course, that may also be Warburton's approach too but less so I think as we saw in his first year and a half with us.

Also, "One of the quotes that he (Eustace) came out with was: ‘We have plan A and our plan B is that we do plan A better.’" I thought that was one of Warburton's.
Eustace on 13:03 - Mar 27 with 1722 viewsDannytheR

Be interesting to know what the Irish lads on here make of Ogbene?

Whether or not we give Uncs another year, keep thinking he might be ideal for us at RWB. But I've not seen all that much of him...
Eustace on 14:06 - Mar 27 with 1663 viewsPaddyhoops

Eustace on 13:03 - Mar 27 by DannytheR

Be interesting to know what the Irish lads on here make of Ogbene?

Whether or not we give Uncs another year, keep thinking he might be ideal for us at RWB. But I've not seen all that much of him...

Worth a punt. Looks a decent player. Only 24.
Eustace on 16:17 - Mar 27 with 1565 viewsMyke

Eustace on 14:06 - Mar 27 by Paddyhoops

Worth a punt. Looks a decent player. Only 24.

It's an interesting one. Used as a striker yesterday evening and certainly didn't look out of place. Ran the channels tirelessly and is obviously very fit because he did really well for the equaliser. The ball played forward to him was spinning out towards the byline and difficult to bring under control AND keep in play at the same time (credit to the lino he was right on top of it). Once he did that, he got his head up and picked out Browne. Full-back gave him way too much time and space, but still it was great work. Certainly worth a punt.
Login to get fewer ads

Eustace on 17:37 - Mar 27 with 1487 viewsswitchingcode

Eustace on 16:17 - Mar 27 by Myke

It's an interesting one. Used as a striker yesterday evening and certainly didn't look out of place. Ran the channels tirelessly and is obviously very fit because he did really well for the equaliser. The ball played forward to him was spinning out towards the byline and difficult to bring under control AND keep in play at the same time (credit to the lino he was right on top of it). Once he did that, he got his head up and picked out Browne. Full-back gave him way too much time and space, but still it was great work. Certainly worth a punt.

Maybe one that got away joined Brentford from an Irish club played a couple of games went out on loan to Exeter had a few injuries over this period.I along with some other fans thought he had something about him as he is quick and a brute.He was out for most of last season with injuries for Rotherham but is having a very good season and wish him all the best and hope he’s in the championship next season
Eustace on 10:41 - Mar 28 with 1181 viewsfrancisbowles

Eustace on 17:37 - Mar 27 by switchingcode

Maybe one that got away joined Brentford from an Irish club played a couple of games went out on loan to Exeter had a few injuries over this period.I along with some other fans thought he had something about him as he is quick and a brute.He was out for most of last season with injuries for Rotherham but is having a very good season and wish him all the best and hope he’s in the championship next season

Thanks for the insight SC.
Eustace on 11:24 - Apr 1 with 965 viewsDannyPaddox

Eustace related. I followed both of the Ireland games and unless I’m mistaken Jimmy Dunne was in the squad but didn’t seem to appear on the pitch or even on the bench. Has he got a knock or am I missing something?

Good to see John Eustace so far unbeaten in his role as Ireland assistant. Only 2 games but following Ireland you got to grab any positive.

Actually after the nadir of the Luxembourg defeat the form is generally looking good. Unbeaten in 8 and only an away defeat to Portugal in the last 12. Bring on the next qualifying tournament ☘️
[Post edited 1 Apr 2022 11:31]
Eustace on 13:58 - Apr 1 with 848 viewsLazyFan

Building up an impressive CV.

This means we may lose him to Everton when they come down. Shame that, but a sign of success.
I know this will happen as Legit Larry down the pub said it was gospel.

zzzzzzzzzz

Eustace on 14:53 - Apr 1 with 801 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Eustace on 11:24 - Apr 1 by DannyPaddox

Eustace related. I followed both of the Ireland games and unless I’m mistaken Jimmy Dunne was in the squad but didn’t seem to appear on the pitch or even on the bench. Has he got a knock or am I missing something?

Good to see John Eustace so far unbeaten in his role as Ireland assistant. Only 2 games but following Ireland you got to grab any positive.

Actually after the nadir of the Luxembourg defeat the form is generally looking good. Unbeaten in 8 and only an away defeat to Portugal in the last 12. Bring on the next qualifying tournament ☘️
[Post edited 1 Apr 2022 11:31]

Disappointed to see Jimmy Dunne not even on the bench against Lithuania but he is trying to break through when ROI are actually decent and have multiple options at the back .
I too watched both games and was thrilled to see our attacking intent against Belgium and deserved a draw .. Winning the game on Tuesday with the last kick of the game was very nice.
The backroom team appear to be setting ROI up nicely and there appears to be brighter days ahead.
Lets see Jimmy head the winner against Fulham
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024