Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crossrail - Full Running of Service 20:05 - Aug 23 with 3478 viewseastside_r

I cannot remember which thread this was previously discussed on but will be of interest to most public transport users in London but particularly my fellow East London, Essex and East Anglian QPR brethren.

It took an FOI request, from which I received a token response and a follow-up expressing my dissatisfaction in the lack of detail provided, which today solicited a further email from the 'Principal Information Access Adviser, FOI Case Management Team - Transport for London' (no less) which had a link to this Press Release dated today.

https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/media/press-releases/2022/august/elizabeth-line-with

A coincidence no doubt, rather than because of my badgering, but useful info all the same but the link eastbound from Paddington (without needing to change at Liverpool Street) will begin on the 6 November 2022 (apparently.)
Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 20:27 - Aug 23 with 3415 viewsNorthLondonR

I used to assume Shenfield was some kind of ghost station, near nothing but near everything, but any given weekend return from Ipswich seemingly either stopped at the b@stsrd place or Marks c@nting Tey (sometimes both) with a bus to Newbury sodding park... but in reality it's Brentwood
Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 20:50 - Aug 23 with 3348 viewsessextaxiboy

Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 20:27 - Aug 23 by NorthLondonR

I used to assume Shenfield was some kind of ghost station, near nothing but near everything, but any given weekend return from Ipswich seemingly either stopped at the b@stsrd place or Marks c@nting Tey (sometimes both) with a bus to Newbury sodding park... but in reality it's Brentwood

House prices in Shenfield have rocketed since the plans for Cross rail were proposed . Just behind the station is the semi private Hutton Mount estate which is mega bucks . The trains stop there because the Southend Branch joins there .
Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 20:54 - Aug 23 with 3342 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

They're being equally vague about Bond Street. The other missing link in the chain but should be November too apparently.

I've been mostly impressed with it so far except the other week I went to see Tottenham Court Road. I like what they've done with the station itself a lot. Once you get outside it's grim.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 21:04 - Aug 23 with 3286 viewsdaveB

of course it opens days after I could do with that train going direct from Liverpool street after Norwich away. Tossers
Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 21:25 - Aug 23 with 3197 viewsozranger

They are, I assume, supposed to make the journey go all the way from Shenfield/Abbey Wood to Reading/Heathrow without a change a Paddington, eventually. We shall see.

I have noticed that some bus routes have been altered in the SE to take into account Abbey Wood as a stop.

As to Shenfield, I can remember going to a game at Billericay and the trains stuck at Southend meaning a taxi to Shenfield to get the train coming from Norwich, etc. to get back to London late in the evening.
Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 21:36 - Aug 23 with 3177 viewsstowmarketrange

The trains to shenfield seem to be even more frequent than tube trains during the day.Shenfield isn’t a bad place to park and ride from if you’re coming down the A12 and looking for cheaper tickets and a better train service.
Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 21:40 - Aug 23 with 3161 viewsdaveB

Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 21:25 - Aug 23 by ozranger

They are, I assume, supposed to make the journey go all the way from Shenfield/Abbey Wood to Reading/Heathrow without a change a Paddington, eventually. We shall see.

I have noticed that some bus routes have been altered in the SE to take into account Abbey Wood as a stop.

As to Shenfield, I can remember going to a game at Billericay and the trains stuck at Southend meaning a taxi to Shenfield to get the train coming from Norwich, etc. to get back to London late in the evening.

Thats changing from 6th November you won't need to change at Paddington anymore
Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 22:10 - Aug 23 with 3077 viewseastside_r

Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 20:54 - Aug 23 by CliveWilsonSaid

They're being equally vague about Bond Street. The other missing link in the chain but should be November too apparently.

I've been mostly impressed with it so far except the other week I went to see Tottenham Court Road. I like what they've done with the station itself a lot. Once you get outside it's grim.

Talk about vague. My initial FOI request came back with ‘Autumn 2022’ who am I Michael f*ckin Fish.

I politely (ahem) suggested that could be more specific and hey presto.

Anyhow, November - that’s damn nearly Winter?
Login to get fewer ads

Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 22:16 - Aug 23 with 3056 viewsterryb

Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 21:36 - Aug 23 by stowmarketrange

The trains to shenfield seem to be even more frequent than tube trains during the day.Shenfield isn’t a bad place to park and ride from if you’re coming down the A12 and looking for cheaper tickets and a better train service.

The difference being the time it's takes to travel from Shenfield to Liverpool Street using TFL rather than Greater anglia. From memory it is approx 20 minutes more than the Ipswich & Norwich trains & slightly less than that for Southend trains.

This is due to the multiple stops on TFL whereas GA would either be direct to LS or the one stop at Stratford (ocassionally Romford as well).

TFL will be considerably cheaper though!
Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 22:33 - Aug 23 with 3009 viewseastside_r

Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 22:16 - Aug 23 by terryb

The difference being the time it's takes to travel from Shenfield to Liverpool Street using TFL rather than Greater anglia. From memory it is approx 20 minutes more than the Ipswich & Norwich trains & slightly less than that for Southend trains.

This is due to the multiple stops on TFL whereas GA would either be direct to LS or the one stop at Stratford (ocassionally Romford as well).

TFL will be considerably cheaper though!

I think you and I were discussing this on the previous thread.

I suggested that for travellers to Essex and beyond, especially for midweek night games that SBM / Wood Lane to Paddington and then Crossrail to Stratford (change from Platform 8 to 10) will be quicker than the traditional Central Line, White City to LST and change there.

I am going to time it ( cos I’m sad) but think my original instinct will be right.
Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 09:52 - Aug 24 with 2741 viewsterryb

Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 22:33 - Aug 23 by eastside_r

I suggested that for travellers to Essex and beyond, especially for midweek night games that SBM / Wood Lane to Paddington and then Crossrail to Stratford (change from Platform 8 to 10) will be quicker than the traditional Central Line, White City to LST and change there.

I am going to time it ( cos I’m sad) but think my original instinct will be right.

We did indeed eastside! I (nearly) always use Liverpool Street rather than Stratford & the travelling time is approx 25 minutes, certainly less than 30. I'm yet to miss a train at LS that I would have caught at Stratford.

I do find though, that for midweek games we seem to have to wait longer for a train to arrive at white City! I would be interested in knowing how long it takes to move from the H&C platform & Crossrail. I found it time consuming to go from H&C to Paddington mainline.
Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 15:26 - Aug 24 with 2624 viewsTonto

Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 22:10 - Aug 23 by eastside_r

Talk about vague. My initial FOI request came back with ‘Autumn 2022’ who am I Michael f*ckin Fish.

I politely (ahem) suggested that could be more specific and hey presto.

Anyhow, November - that’s damn nearly Winter?

I can state (as a person in the know who works in the transport planning profession) that TfL were deliberately NOT giving a date out prior to the announcement on Monday. In other words, Despite being vaguely important (slight trumpet blowing) I also found put on Monday.

Previously they had given out a date and then been bitten by it. The new (ish) TfL commissioner basically said we are going to only give 1 more date when we know they WILL meet it.

This is on record in TfL Board minutes, GLA assembly minutes and so on. So they were not being vague with you as a punter. It was a deliberate decision.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 18:29 - Aug 24 with 2525 viewseastside_r

Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 15:26 - Aug 24 by Tonto

I can state (as a person in the know who works in the transport planning profession) that TfL were deliberately NOT giving a date out prior to the announcement on Monday. In other words, Despite being vaguely important (slight trumpet blowing) I also found put on Monday.

Previously they had given out a date and then been bitten by it. The new (ish) TfL commissioner basically said we are going to only give 1 more date when we know they WILL meet it.

This is on record in TfL Board minutes, GLA assembly minutes and so on. So they were not being vague with you as a punter. It was a deliberate decision.

Haha. So me and my FOI request can take credit for this being announced?

My original request was based on inside knowledge, also from a high-placed industry insider, that the opening date of the original ‘central section’: PAD to Abbey Wood was well known in advance of it being released to Joe Public.

That’s how I knew the original ‘autumn’ response was BS.
Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 18:33 - Aug 24 with 2514 viewsessextaxiboy

Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 22:33 - Aug 23 by eastside_r

But seriously , what about the last pint of the night at Liverpool St waiting for Greater Anglia.?
Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 18:38 - Aug 24 with 2506 viewseastside_r

Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 18:33 - Aug 24 by essextaxiboy

But seriously , what about the last pint of the night at Liverpool St waiting for Greater Anglia.?

I assumed from your username that you would drive to games.

Don’t want to be (still) over the limit for those early drop-offs at Stanstead.
Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 19:02 - Aug 24 with 2467 viewsTonto

Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 18:29 - Aug 24 by eastside_r

My original request was based on inside knowledge, also from a high-placed industry insider, that the opening date of the original ‘central section’: PAD to Abbey Wood was well known in advance of it being released to Joe Public.

I think "well known" is an exaggeration. Those kn the project knew but no one else.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 19:11 - Aug 24 with 2460 viewsessextaxiboy

Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 18:38 - Aug 24 by eastside_r

I assumed from your username that you would drive to games.

Don’t want to be (still) over the limit for those early drop-offs at Stanstead.

In the past !
I deliver prescriptions now for a local pharmacy Thusrdays and Fridays .

Wickford to Liv St Central to SB . I have timed the Elizabeth Line Liv St to Paddington 16Min inc wait but its a mission at Paddington to the Ham and Cit .... 10 min or so due to the mob .
Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 20:08 - Aug 24 with 2407 viewsLazyFan

Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 18:29 - Aug 24 by eastside_r

You did great work here, it's activists like you who make the Great in Great Britain.

Thank you.

zzzzzzzzzz

Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 09:59 - Aug 25 with 2255 viewsterryb

Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 19:11 - Aug 24 by essextaxiboy

In the past !
I deliver prescriptions now for a local pharmacy Thusrdays and Fridays .

Wickford to Liv St Central to SB . I have timed the Elizabeth Line Liv St to Paddington 16Min inc wait but its a mission at Paddington to the Ham and Cit .... 10 min or so due to the mob .

Cheers essex.

That answers my question about the time between platforms at Paddington. If we're a bit early for the pub I might try EL to Paddington & then H&C to SB, but will probably stick with the central line for the return.
Crossrail - Full Running of Service on 16:53 - Aug 25 with 2116 viewsNewBee

Though a regular Tube user, I only used the EL for th first time last Friday evening to go into the West End for an evening out (buses and Tubes on strike). Went from Acton Mainline to Tott.Ct.Rd.

EL wasn't quite so frequent as I had thought (not every eastbound stops at Acton), but a 14(?) minute wait was ok, esp when you see how fast they go and how few stops. While frequency is due to improve in the autumn.

The change at Paddington must be a bit of a faff if you're not too good on your feet, have kids, luggage etc and esp if you hit rush hour. But that too will be eliminated when the upgrades are complete and trains are "joined up".

Coming back, we missed that the EL had stopped running at 11 pm(?) - turned up at TCR at 11.05 to find it closed, making getting back to W.London a bit of a mare (understatement).

But no matter, the EL is already pretty damned good (imo) and will be brill when it's complete.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024