Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quick Raid Tomorrow 22:11 - Oct 6 with 5755 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Will be over at HQ tomorrow and in the Crown for an hour before and afterwards meeting a few friends, if any LFWers are around for a pint would be nice to chat.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Quick Raid Tomorrow on 23:28 - Oct 7 with 1618 viewsnix

I tried Brian, I tried. It was like trains, planes and automobiles trying to get to the C&S in time.

Sadly the traffic everywhere defeated us.

Hope you enjoyed the match.
Quick Raid Tomorrow on 01:02 - Oct 8 with 1473 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just back!
Well, just back in my parents’ place.
What a cracking night. So great to see so many of you before the game, at the game, and again afterwards.
Sorry to miss a couple of you despite best efforts by all. Next time, hopefully.
Great to be back among my second family and to see friends new and old.
And a belter of a game as well.
You Rrrrrrrrr’s!

Quick Raid Tomorrow on 13:19 - Oct 8 with 1197 viewsterryb

Quick Raid Tomorrow on 01:02 - Oct 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Just back!
What a cracking night. So great to see so many of you before the game, at the game, and again afterwards.
Sorry to miss a couple of you despite best efforts by all. Next time, hopefully.
You Rrrrrrrrr’s!

I'm sorry to have missed you Brian, but so pleased you had a good night & able to celebrate a win. Have a great weekend & come again soon.

I returned from a great week in Cyprus on Thursday staying with my brother & then yesterday morning I'm told he has been taken to hospital with a suspected mild stroke. That left me a little numb & with a lot of phoning & messaging to do. Anyhow, my wife & my brothers daughters insisted I went to LR.

Winning last night & being there has lifted the clouds from my mind/brain!
Quick Raid Tomorrow on 13:32 - Oct 8 with 1180 viewsdmm

Quick Raid Tomorrow on 13:19 - Oct 8 by terryb

I'm sorry to have missed you Brian, but so pleased you had a good night & able to celebrate a win. Have a great weekend & come again soon.

I returned from a great week in Cyprus on Thursday staying with my brother & then yesterday morning I'm told he has been taken to hospital with a suspected mild stroke. That left me a little numb & with a lot of phoning & messaging to do. Anyhow, my wife & my brothers daughters insisted I went to LR.

Sorry to hear about your brother, terry, and I hope he recovers well. I lost a good friend to cancer earlier in the week so last night lifted the gloom for me too, something I know would have really pleased him.
Quick Raid Tomorrow on 19:50 - Oct 8 with 994 viewsdistortR

Quick Raid Tomorrow on 01:02 - Oct 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Just back!
You Rrrrrrrrr’s!

Yeah, but next time Brian,how about a short hop across to the IOM?
We'll meet up,wander down to the Commie, who won't let us watch it because two old farts are watching the darts. So up to the Plough, but,oh no, the professional northerners are watching rugby league. Games started by now, so across the road into Bar Logo,who have got it on, but no volume because it's 'kin karaoke night. A travesty of an entertainment, a bastard of an entertainment. We'll tuck ourselves into the far corner, but some tvvat will seek us out, to tell me, sorry us, he's not watching the match because he's a man u fan,'we've still got some left'. Have a word with yourself, saying that to a Ranger. He sees the handball incident, and tells me that 'VAR will award that'. He will keep returning, at one stage updating me on the England-USA score, 'the important game of the night'. I have a word, and the barman shows me a thick yellow.

You'll love it, mate.
Quick Raid Tomorrow on 19:57 - Oct 8 with 976 viewsMick_S

Quick Raid Tomorrow on 19:50 - Oct 8 by distortR

We'll meet up,wander down to the Commie, who won't let us watch it because two old farts are watching the darts. So up to the Plough, but,oh no, the professional northerners are watching rugby league. Games started by now, so across the road into Bar Logo,who have got it on, but no volume because it's 'kin karaoke night. A travesty of an entertainment, a bastard of an entertainment. We'll tuck ourselves into the far corner, but some tvvat will seek us out, to tell me, sorry us, he's not watching the match because he's a man u fan,'we've still got some left'. Have a word with yourself, saying that to a Ranger. He sees the handball incident, and tells me that 'VAR will award that'. He will keep returning, at one stage updating me on the England-USA score, 'the important game of the night'. I have a word, and the barman shows me a thick yellow.

You'll love it, mate.

Brian could swim that and get home for dinner.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Quick Raid Tomorrow on 22:38 - Oct 8 with 866 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Quick Raid Tomorrow on 13:19 - Oct 8 by terryb

Would have been lovely to see you, but most importantly Terry love to your brother.

Quick Raid Tomorrow on 10:47 - Oct 9 with 645 viewsfrancisbowles

Quick Raid Tomorrow on 19:50 - Oct 8 by distortR

You'll love it, mate.

Know what you mean distortR, living on the south coast a hundred miles from HQ. I long ago gave up trying the local pubs and settled for laptop plugged into TV and QPR+ if I can't get to the game. My friend a fellow exiled R, went to the local con club and had to watch it, sound down with a rock covers band. Said they were good though.

I'd have invited him 'round but I have covid!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024