Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DoF 19:57 - Jan 7 with 14284 viewsRuislipHoop

Les F and Chris R have been in charge of Football at this club since 2015,recruitment,technical and all playing matters with not a sign of success at any level,at wot point do the owners think “ maybe this isnt working ?”
DoF on 22:16 - Jan 7 with 5345 viewsLblock

We are a pyramid of cluelessness

Top to bottom

But we do great work in the community

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

DoF on 22:34 - Jan 7 with 5277 viewsstowmarketrange

Were you saying this when those same people helped to get us to the top of the championship in October?
I know we’re all angry tonight,but how can they be blamed if the players don’t give a sh@t when they cross the white line?
DoF on 22:35 - Jan 7 with 5250 viewspaulparker

Time for the whole lot to go , 8 years and not progressed one inch
Ramsey set the trend back when he let that little tvvat SWP come on against Man City when we were 6-0 down so he could get a clap , a slap in the face to the fans back then and nothing has changed since , all of them are a bunch of losers and we have become like them , how many seasons do we put up with this ?
Overtaken by no mark clubs like Brentford, Fulham,Palace, Watford, Brighton , Luton , Bournemouth even AFC Wimbledon have a new stadium , we are so far behind it’s not even funny anymore
I hope and pray that someone buys this club and gets rid of Amit , Tony, Ruben , Hoos, Les, Ramsey , Hall and whoever else has let this great club become the laughing stock of London

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

DoF on 22:38 - Jan 7 with 5210 viewsgazza1

Go no further than the players, most of them need to look at themselves. Blame Les, blame the Manager, blame Hoos if you wish but the players are the issue.
DoF on 22:40 - Jan 7 with 5213 viewsstowmarketrange

DoF on 22:35 - Jan 7 by paulparker

Time for the whole lot to go , 8 years and not progressed one inch
Ramsey set the trend back when he let that little tvvat SWP come on against Man City when we were 6-0 down so he could get a clap , a slap in the face to the fans back then and nothing has changed since , all of them are a bunch of losers and we have become like them , how many seasons do we put up with this ?
Overtaken by no mark clubs like Brentford, Fulham,Palace, Watford, Brighton , Luton , Bournemouth even AFC Wimbledon have a new stadium , we are so far behind it’s not even funny anymore
I hope and pray that someone buys this club and gets rid of Amit , Tony, Ruben , Hoos, Les, Ramsey , Hall and whoever else has let this great club become the laughing stock of London

Which other mugs would buy this club and pump £1million a month to keep it going?
DoF on 22:43 - Jan 7 with 5194 viewsWhip_It

Success for us over the last five years amounts to avoiding relegation and not breaching FFP restrictions. Add to that the ruinous legacy inherited from his predecessors, and I think that Les and co have done a good job. To get better, we need to look at the models for success that clubs like Brentford have pioneered - and to emulate that, we need the Board to show some leadership.
DoF on 22:47 - Jan 7 with 5138 viewsWegerles_Stairs

DoF on 22:40 - Jan 7 by stowmarketrange

Which other mugs would buy this club and pump £1million a month to keep it going?

Owners with brains, ambition and a plan. We're a London club one promotion away from the Premier League, the biggest league in the world.

Alternatively, they could continue hanging around waiting to be gifted a new ground so they can develop Loftus Road, which is clearly why they're still here.
DoF on 22:56 - Jan 7 with 5116 viewspaulparker

DoF on 22:34 - Jan 7 by stowmarketrange

Were you saying this when those same people helped to get us to the top of the championship in October?
I know we’re all angry tonight,but how can they be blamed if the players don’t give a sh@t when they cross the white line?

Who signs these players who coaches them ? yes it’s on the players but this lot have had 8 years now
We were about 10 games into the season by October and like last season it falls apart when it gets a bit cold , it’s pathetic and yes I’m angry because the season is done yet again by January
Nothing changes absolutely nothing

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

DoF on 22:57 - Jan 7 with 5118 viewsNorthantsHoop

I have said it before we are a 2nd tier club look at our history, to progress is probably going to take a hellava slice of luck and the stars to align at the moment.
DoF on 23:02 - Jan 7 with 5089 viewspaulparker

DoF on 22:57 - Jan 7 by NorthantsHoop

I have said it before we are a 2nd tier club look at our history, to progress is probably going to take a hellava slice of luck and the stars to align at the moment.

Would you not say Brighton, palace, Watford, Brentford , Fulham, Bournemouth etc are level 2 clubs even lower this cannot be used as an excuse time after time at some point you need to show some guts and bollox , I can accept 15th in the championship but to toss away cup times like we do with the same pathetic displays year on year starts to become tiresome

DoF on 23:45 - Jan 7 with 4936 viewsDixie_CT

Les and Ramsey have to go if we are to progress as a football club.

Mental that Ramsey gets sacked as first team manager yet retains a job, ON THE SAME SALARy because his mate calls the shots.

Yes the players are responsible for the performance on the pitch, but who signed them or gave ropey academy players such long contacts? Niko, Kakay, Shodipo and Owens, would have been released by the majority, if not every other, Club at our level.

It stinks, it really does. Is there something else at play? Am I missing something?
DoF on 23:45 - Jan 7 with 4944 viewsozexile

IMO there have to be Changes now. You can't keep doing the Same thing year after year and getting the same results and not change it. There is a malaise running through the club.
We're a total embarrassment.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 0:15]
DoF on 00:04 - Jan 8 with 4891 viewsHOOPNO7

DoF on 22:40 - Jan 7 by stowmarketrange

Hopefully someone who has more ambition than the current set up & wants people running the footballing side of the club that actually know what they are doing
DoF on 00:55 - Jan 8 with 4801 viewsstowmarketrange

DoF on 00:04 - Jan 8 by HOOPNO7

Hopefully someone who has more ambition than the current set up & wants people running the footballing side of the club that actually know what they are doing

I very much doubt that there are many millionaires stupid enough to waste their money rescuing a club with a dwindling support and a ramshackle ground with no way to improve it,and nowhere to move to.And one that is losing £1 million every month.
Do we really want to go back to the days of bucket collections and supporters buying players out of their own pockets?

I don’t know what the answer is,but ditching the owners isn’t it,in my opinion.
DoF on 00:59 - Jan 8 with 4778 viewspaulparker

DoF on 00:55 - Jan 8 by stowmarketrange

I very much doubt that there are many millionaires stupid enough to waste their money rescuing a club with a dwindling support and a ramshackle ground with no way to improve it,and nowhere to move to.And one that is losing £1 million every month.
Do we really want to go back to the days of bucket collections and supporters buying players out of their own pockets?

I don’t know what the answer is,but ditching the owners isn’t it,in my opinion.

Why not at least we won’t end up with the likes of Dozzell , Bonne, Thomas, Nico and co

DoF on 08:11 - Jan 8 with 4513 viewsstowmarketrange

DoF on 00:59 - Jan 8 by paulparker

Why not at least we won’t end up with the likes of Dozzell , Bonne, Thomas, Nico and co

And we’ll all be happy clappy fans watching our club sliding down the leagues.
We got lucky in the early noughties because we had a manager who managed to cobble together enough players to stay in league 1,but there’s no guarantee that we could be that lucky again.
And who would be stupid enough to buy this basket case of a club with a fan base so split?
Mike Ashley anyone?Or maybe the Oystons could take over?
DoF on 08:17 - Jan 8 with 4483 viewsRuislipHoop

DoF on 22:34 - Jan 7 by stowmarketrange

My point is that the whole structure of the club from a football POV is a mess and yr point about where we were at the beginning of the season sums it up perfectly.MB leaves and within days the team are in free fall.There is no base to the squad,I have friends who have had their kids at the club,they say it is chaotic,parents disillusioned and consequently take the boys elsewhere.There appears to be a malaise within the club and that can only come from LF and CR.They have been responsible for creating football standards and systems within the club since 2015.How many boys have made their way thru the ranks to get close to 1st team ?.
DoF on 08:38 - Jan 8 with 4434 viewsstowmarketrange

DoF on 08:17 - Jan 8 by RuislipHoop

My point is that the whole structure of the club from a football POV is a mess and yr point about where we were at the beginning of the season sums it up perfectly.MB leaves and within days the team are in free fall.There is no base to the squad,I have friends who have had their kids at the club,they say it is chaotic,parents disillusioned and consequently take the boys elsewhere.There appears to be a malaise within the club and that can only come from LF and CR.They have been responsible for creating football standards and systems within the club since 2015.How many boys have made their way thru the ranks to get close to 1st team ?.

We were in free fall when the snake was still here as we’d lost 4 games on the spin.I don’t know the inner workings of the club so I can’t comment on the reserves and youth team players,but how many players have come through the system in the last 25 years?A handful maybe.
And who can forget the youth team players on £90k at the turn of the century?

I know there are major problems at our club,but in most of my 52 years supporting this club we seem to have been lurching from one crisis to another,even more so in the last 30 years.

I don’t have any answers,but just blaming LF and CR for everything that goes wrong isn’t fair.We’ve had good spells in the last 7 years and we’ve had bad,but they’ve managed to keep our club away from the drop to league 1,which isn’t the case for similar sized clubs who are now in league below us.
DoF on 08:41 - Jan 8 with 4427 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Said it for years: the one consistent thread running through the decades I've followed this lot, is no matter whichever crook, clown, or charlatan is in charge, its our ability to be the author of our own misfortune at best, rank incompetent at worst.

Frankly, if those currently at the helm can't find better people to run this sh1t-show, then maybe they could do us all a favour: wind the effing thing up and put us all out of our misery.

Maybe we can meet each year on 24 May at LR, lay a wreath before we stroll to SB Green, and reminisce over a BBQ?

Hopeless to the core and holding up as saviours those supposedly pumping £1m per month to keep it going ignores the facts that: we were better iff before they set foot in the place; they've spunked half a billion to get us to a worse place; and, I suspect they were probably only truly motivated by the thought of making a killing on property deals in the first place and have even left holding something they never and don't know what to do with.

And as for Clive...please, don't waste your time writing up the latest FA Cup obituary. Give yourself the weekend off as no matter what you write, it's been said and written many times before. However if so inclined, literally take a leaf out the chapter in Tommy Docherty's autobiography on 'chairman'.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

DoF on 08:54 - Jan 8 with 4369 viewsNorthantsHoop

DoF on 23:02 - Jan 7 by paulparker

Would you not say Brighton, palace, Watford, Brentford , Fulham, Bournemouth etc are level 2 clubs even lower this cannot be used as an excuse time after time at some point you need to show some guts and bollox , I can accept 15th in the championship but to toss away cup times like we do with the same pathetic displays year on year starts to become tiresome

But look at those clubs progressed to get a reasonable foothold in the top tier or are doing a job of yoyoing between Prem and Championship. Our identity is firmly established in the past and it likely to remain there. The team currently lacks any physicality and ability to impose themselves and was even a problem under Warburton, he tried to address it, but ran out of time. It is going to be a hard watch to the end of the season probably with a bunch of players who have been told they are all open to offers in the Summer, if I was Critchley would not be building a side around any of the current crop of players, if he is still here by then.
DoF on 09:15 - Jan 8 with 4280 viewsThGrimRanger

from a footballing perspective this club has been run poorly since TF first arrived. However when we were relegated we had the chance of a rebuild with parachute money. LF failed in that respect and somehow managed to remain blameless for this failure. How he’s still in charge all these years later after the last 8 seasons we’ve had is unbelievable.

Even he must be embarrassed.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 9:24]

TheGrimRanger

DoF on 09:26 - Jan 8 with 4209 viewsWegerles_Stairs

DoF on 09:15 - Jan 8 by ThGrimRanger

from a footballing perspective this club has been run poorly since TF first arrived. However when we were relegated we had the chance of a rebuild with parachute money. LF failed in that respect and somehow managed to remain blameless for this failure. How he’s still in charge all these years later after the last 8 seasons we’ve had is unbelievable.

Bit harsh. He was "learning on the job", remember. And yes, we wasted our parachute payments but at least we didn't manage to be relegated - it's a tough job finishing above teams like Burton with their massive budgets. And you can't expect him to be responsible for things out of his remit. True, he is the Director of Football but that doesn't include responsibility for anything football-related. Most of all, he was a brilliant player for us and does the job because of his love of the club; his £500,000 salary is merely an encumbrance which he is forced to accept against his better judgement.
DoF on 09:33 - Jan 8 with 4206 viewstraininvain

Correct me if I’m wrong but any new owner would also zbe hamstrung by FFP so it wouldn’t make much difference whether it’s the current lot or Elon Musk with a blank chequebook.
DoF on 09:38 - Jan 8 with 4173 viewsstowmarketrange

DoF on 09:15 - Jan 8 by ThGrimRanger

We had to use the parachute payments to pay off the wasters who got us relegated.They don’t just walk away for free from contracts worth £50k+ a week.
DoF on 09:47 - Jan 8 with 4132 viewspaulhoop2

I always wonder would people be slagging of sir Les and CR if they were white ? Just a thought…. I believe our club has had worse over the years admin / league 1 etc. the owners keep writing the blank cheque to keep us going be very careful what you wish for.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024