Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview 10:35 - Feb 9 with 11470 viewsBAWHoops

The QPR Podcast sat down with Lee Hoos to discuss everything from the stadium, FFP, club structure and more

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/qpr-podcast/id968873601?i=1000598807226

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 11:21 - Feb 9 with 5946 viewsDixie_CT

Like London Buses
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 11:35 - Feb 9 with 5904 viewsNorthernr

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 11:21 - Feb 9 by Dixie_CT

Like London Buses

Critchley on the W12 podcast as well.

I think it's a combination of..
1 - we've obviously all asked for interviews because it's the end of the transfer window and the team is tanking. I've been after Les for a while and decided to renew that request last week, not thinking they'd agree to it to be honest but I took a punt and they said yes straight away.
2 - they've been accused of 'hiding' on social media by the sign a striker brigade, and for better or worse I don't think you can ever really accuse the media boys, or Les and Lee, of that. The owners disappear when things are going badly, but the execs do tend to front up. So I think that stung and they were keen to get out there a bit this week.
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 13:04 - Feb 9 with 5576 viewsstainrods_elbow

What an absolute joke, embarrassment and tw*t this man is - and I'll keep saying it, Clive and others, whatever you think of my psychological health, as long as others go on with their unfathomable delusion that LH is somehow our secure hand on the tiller for which we should be inestimably grateful. The questions are/were excellent, on point, and passionate, while our forever performance assessment-free CEO comes across as continuously complacent, riddled with puerile excuses, and actually/literally laughs at loud at one point on the important topic, very fairly pressed, of improving pre-match atmosphere/revenue, i.e. doing his job. Generally, he blusters, ducks and evades everything behind his usual fake chummy facade. He is for me the absolute embodiment of our crushing mediocrity and complacency as a club.

The way the interview ends, with a stammering technical/vocal collapse, couldn't be more symbolic . I think the panel sussed him out once he'd departed with damning accuracy in calling him 'defeated', lacking in any semblance of confidence-inspiring vision, and using talking about the footballing side to deflect from his ineffectuality as a CEO, while searingly taking him apart post-interview. He sounds like he would love to resign, and by God he should.

The innovation of the Corner Bar sounds as puerile as it looks - they knock through the Players' Lounge/Sheila Marson's former office and then fleece an elite group of fans with a price point that should shame the entire administration. Brilliant!

1. Starts wittering on about he's not even well enough to be there and he's implicitly doing the Podcast a great fat favour just by turning up.
2. More or less says there's no point in trying to do anything at the ground in terms of pre-match as it's all about the football on the pitch and how great it was at Burnley (oh do f*ck off), despite several examples from the panel to try to drum up some kind of response. IT'S. YOUR. JOB. I love LR, for all its faults, and you clearly have contempt for it. That makes you a c*nt, sir, before we talk about everything else.
3. We can't even do 'round the pole' at h/t because 'we're coming to the end of a cycle with the pitch'. Give me strength!
4. Talks absolute bullsh*t about how fans would supposedly slaughter young players if they're thrown in to early or aren't the finished product. Yeah - right! Like everyone's been hammering Sinclair Armstrong for trying hard and not scoring goals. Try getting your head out of your ass so you can actually take note of what's going on.
5. Tries to win brownie points by wheeling out 'Mick Beale never gave a damn about QPR' and 'let him go' - you absolute plum! This is the self-congratulatory fanfare he published at the time of his appointment: 'This was a meticulous process that has yielded a very positive outcome — we’re really excited to have Michael on board. A lot of credit must go to our recruitment department who did a fantastic job in amassing a lot of data so that we could identify candidates who could really take this club forward.'

I rest my case - again!

Paul Finney assumes everyone at and around QPR wants success, but I'm not convinced. I don't think LH wants success. Success is disruptive, challenging, and hard work, and a lot of people fear it in life. The most telling revelation for me was when he talked of the squad in terms of how, 'when you get close to the sun', the situation 'bottoms out'. Says it all, really - about the players, the management team, and where we are at a club. I know we have a training ground, and a bit of rail seating (woo hoo!), but if you think, after listening to this pigsh*t, that LH is part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 13:07]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 13:16 - Feb 9 with 5594 viewsHayesender

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 13:04 - Feb 9 by stainrods_elbow

What an absolute joke, embarrassment and tw*t this man is - and I'll keep saying it, Clive and others, whatever you think of my psychological health, as long as others go on with their unfathomable delusion that LH is somehow our secure hand on the tiller for which we should be inestimably grateful. The questions are/were excellent, on point, and passionate, while our forever performance assessment-free CEO comes across as continuously complacent, riddled with puerile excuses, and actually/literally laughs at loud at one point on the important topic, very fairly pressed, of improving pre-match atmosphere/revenue, i.e. doing his job. Generally, he blusters, ducks and evades everything behind his usual fake chummy facade. He is for me the absolute embodiment of our crushing mediocrity and complacency as a club.

The way the interview ends, with a stammering technical/vocal collapse, couldn't be more symbolic . I think the panel sussed him out once he'd departed with damning accuracy in calling him 'defeated', lacking in any semblance of confidence-inspiring vision, and using talking about the footballing side to deflect from his ineffectuality as a CEO, while searingly taking him apart post-interview. He sounds like he would love to resign, and by God he should.

The innovation of the Corner Bar sounds as puerile as it looks - they knock through the Players' Lounge/Sheila Marson's former office and then fleece an elite group of fans with a price point that should shame the entire administration. Brilliant!

1. Starts wittering on about he's not even well enough to be there and he's implicitly doing the Podcast a great fat favour just by turning up.
2. More or less says there's no point in trying to do anything at the ground in terms of pre-match as it's all about the football on the pitch and how great it was at Burnley (oh do f*ck off), despite several examples from the panel to try to drum up some kind of response. IT'S. YOUR. JOB. I love LR, for all its faults, and you clearly have contempt for it. That makes you a c*nt, sir, before we talk about everything else.
3. We can't even do 'round the pole' at h/t because 'we're coming to the end of a cycle with the pitch'. Give me strength!
4. Talks absolute bullsh*t about how fans would supposedly slaughter young players if they're thrown in to early or aren't the finished product. Yeah - right! Like everyone's been hammering Sinclair Armstrong for trying hard and not scoring goals. Try getting your head out of your ass so you can actually take note of what's going on.
5. Tries to win brownie points by wheeling out 'Mick Beale never gave a damn about QPR' and 'let him go' - you absolute plum! This is the self-congratulatory fanfare he published at the time of his appointment: 'This was a meticulous process that has yielded a very positive outcome — we’re really excited to have Michael on board. A lot of credit must go to our recruitment department who did a fantastic job in amassing a lot of data so that we could identify candidates who could really take this club forward.'

I rest my case - again!

Paul Finney assumes everyone at and around QPR wants success, but I'm not convinced. I don't think LH wants success. Success is disruptive, challenging, and hard work, and a lot of people fear it in life. The most telling revelation for me was when he talked of the squad in terms of how, 'when you get close to the sun', the situation 'bottoms out'. Says it all, really - about the players, the management team, and where we are at a club. I know we have a training ground, and a bit of rail seating (woo hoo!), but if you think, after listening to this pigsh*t, that LH is part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 13:07]

With you on this. Never really listened to him before, and I only lasted 18 minutes before having to turn him off.

Comes across very arrogant imo. Not impressed

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 13:43 - Feb 9 with 5499 viewsconnell10

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 13:16 - Feb 9 by Hayesender

With you on this. Never really listened to him before, and I only lasted 18 minutes before having to turn him off.

Comes across very arrogant imo. Not impressed

I'll be honest I've never liked him , comes across as phoney as f uck . As for laughing at one your paying customers that really pissed me off. Totally unprofessional. So not very impressed Mr Hoo,s maybe you should have stayed in bed.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 14:28 - Feb 9 with 5344 viewsdaveB

What Hoos was saying about Beale at the fans forum and what he's saying now is very different.

Have to say he didn't come across well on that pod
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 14:29 - Feb 9 with 5278 viewsstainrods_elbow

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 13:43 - Feb 9 by connell10

I'll be honest I've never liked him , comes across as phoney as f uck . As for laughing at one your paying customers that really pissed me off. Totally unprofessional. So not very impressed Mr Hoo,s maybe you should have stayed in bed.

Even Hoos himself wasn't shameless enough not to try to cringingly back-track on that, but clearly it showed him in his true light.

Will be interested to read other responses to it (rather than to me), and not least Mr Whittingham's.

Was also interested in the biting comments afterwards that our 'team within a team' (Dieng, Chair, Willock, Field, DIckie and Dunne) is, no pun intended, done. But I'm coming down to the damning and deeply unhappy view that the entire club needs a clear-out from top to bottom - playing staff, DoF, CEO and the whole ineffectual Academy and its people. It all just feels like we're going nowhere right now - even the happy clappers here seem to have stopped clapping!
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 14:30]

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 14:36 - Feb 9 with 5314 viewsTK1

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 14:28 - Feb 9 by daveB

What Hoos was saying about Beale at the fans forum and what he's saying now is very different.

To be fair, quite a lot has happened since the fans forum to change his opinion of Beale.
Login to get fewer ads

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 14:57 - Feb 9 with 5217 viewsTK1

My favourite part of that interview was an hour in, Hoos - who is clearly quite unwell - says he's tested positive for ten days now and cannot shake it, he feels terrible.
Finney says something like 'oh tell me about it, it's awful' and then just barrels on to the next question anyway, "don't you think we should have better cup runs?" Ten minutes later Hoos has such a coughing fit that he has to ring off.

I found that pod much more worrying than Les' interview. There's a clearly defined and explained plan with the football side. We may not all like it, it may not be working to many fans' satisfaction, we may all be getting much much much too exercised about the career development of 18 year old boys in West London in a way that previous generations of QPR fans might find very odd, but we all know the plan. As Les says, even if he leaves tomorrow the plan is the only option for QPR.

The business side, finances and structure of the club ownership etc is extremely opaque and the chief ex was not at all comfortable talking about it here. He was much more keen (and insightful with it) to talk about the football side, which isn't right. I want him to talk about FFP, the board, the stadium, the marketing, the finances...but he really didn't pull back the curtain on any of it. Alarm bells were going off.
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 15:16 - Feb 9 with 5161 viewsBAWHoops

I think it was an interesting interview (and apologies if the questions we asked weren't to everyone's liking. We tried to cover lots).

What I found most interesting was that Lee perked up when he got to talk about the football side of the club. Was keen to extoll the virtues of our players who are all 'lovely guys' apparently. Whilst that's all good and well he is the CEO and it's not really his job to comment on individual performances and get involved with the stuff on the field.
As far as I was concerned his remit is the day to day running of the club and the product we are putting out there.
That was why we spent a long time talking about the stadium, because that's our shop window... our house... and he is the man we need to ask to fix it.

Charlie made the best point at the end (not hard when it's me and Finney non stop talking!) which is that the whole thing is directionless at the moment. The club is nothing, it's not a community hub, not an up and coming force, not innovative....nothing.
That worries me far more than results on the field.

Also listening back today I'm annoyed I didn't pull him up on his excuse for lack of half time entertainment... he wants to preserve the pitch . Because 22 blokes running and sliding around is really going to be affected by fat Barry from the loft slipping on his arse for our amusement.

As I said on the interview though... he came and stood up to be counted so fair play to him.
He also was ill and had a bad cough

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 15:36 - Feb 9 with 5074 viewsEastR

Listened to both interviews this morning back to back.

In one I heard someone who sounds passionate about the club, but after a good shot at it doesn’t necessarily have the ability to implement the strategy that’s going to fix it

In the other I heard someone who’s maybe used up all of their enthusiasm for the job in hand and seems to have run out of ideas that might contribute to fixing it

But like I said on the other thread, sometimes the people who get you out of trouble are the not ones with the skills to help you develop

In the hierarchy of tackling the problem from the bottom up we changed players and managers, maybe it’s time for some new blood at the executive level

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 15:43 - Feb 9 with 5064 viewsconnell10

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 15:16 - Feb 9 by BAWHoops

I think it was an interesting interview (and apologies if the questions we asked weren't to everyone's liking. We tried to cover lots).

What I found most interesting was that Lee perked up when he got to talk about the football side of the club. Was keen to extoll the virtues of our players who are all 'lovely guys' apparently. Whilst that's all good and well he is the CEO and it's not really his job to comment on individual performances and get involved with the stuff on the field.
As far as I was concerned his remit is the day to day running of the club and the product we are putting out there.
That was why we spent a long time talking about the stadium, because that's our shop window... our house... and he is the man we need to ask to fix it.

Charlie made the best point at the end (not hard when it's me and Finney non stop talking!) which is that the whole thing is directionless at the moment. The club is nothing, it's not a community hub, not an up and coming force, not innovative....nothing.

Also listening back today I'm annoyed I didn't pull him up on his excuse for lack of half time entertainment... he wants to preserve the pitch . Because 22 blokes running and sliding around is really going to be affected by fat Barry from the loft slipping on his arse for our amusement.

As I said on the interview though... he came and stood up to be counted so fair play to him.

Why did he start laughing like a madman at one point when you were asking a question mate? I found that totally disrespectful towards to you!!! It really pissed me off! By the good questions from you all.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 15:58 - Feb 9 with 5002 viewsNorthernr

TBF to them, Hoos did his while clearly very poorly, and Ferdinand did mine having come straight from the airport with Andy Belk after a five day trip watching players in Colombia. If you'd just done 10 hours back from Bogota and were on Colombian time, or were on a tenth day of Covid infection, would you want to be spending an hour with me/Finney chucking stuff at you? Ferdinand came to see me before he went home to see his mrs.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 16:01 - Feb 9 with 4989 viewsAntti_Heinola

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 15:58 - Feb 9 by Northernr

TBF to them, Hoos did his while clearly very poorly, and Ferdinand did mine having come straight from the airport with Andy Belk after a five day trip watching players in Colombia. If you'd just done 10 hours back from Bogota and were on Colombian time, or were on a tenth day of Covid infection, would you want to be spending an hour with me/Finney chucking stuff at you? Ferdinand came to see me before he went home to see his mrs.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of that they've said, to front up at this time under this pressure is laudable.

Bare bones.

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 16:32 - Feb 9 with 4872 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 15:58 - Feb 9 by Northernr

Pablo EscobaRRRRRRRRRRRs
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 16:50 - Feb 9 with 4795 viewsstainrods_elbow

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 16:01 - Feb 9 by Antti_Heinola

Whatever the rights and wrongs of that they've said, to front up at this time under this pressure is laudable.

Am I missing something here?

OK, so one was sick and one was jet-lagged, but why should we 'laud' QPR staff for occasionally sparing an hour of their time to account for their ineptitude to those who pay their wages?
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 16:51]

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 16:52 - Feb 9 with 4823 viewsNorthernr

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 16:50 - Feb 9 by stainrods_elbow

OK, so one was sick and one was jet-lagged, but why should we 'laud' QPR staff for occasionally sparing an hour of their time to account for their ineptitude to those who pay their wages?

Empathy.
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 16:56 - Feb 9 with 4788 viewsPinnerPaul

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 14:28 - Feb 9 by daveB

Same as everyone on here Dave!
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 16:56 - Feb 9 with 4787 viewsGaryBannister86

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 16:50 - Feb 9 by stainrods_elbow

"who pay their wages" - unless the owners were asking the questions, bit of a stretch that.
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 16:59 - Feb 9 with 4761 viewsPinnerPaul

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 15:16 - Feb 9 by BAWHoops

Despite everything else I'm not sure how anyone can criticise the community side - I find that comment baffling tbh.
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 16:59 - Feb 9 with 4756 viewsdaveB

It's little things for me which i think he just doesn't get. Saying what good will a leaflet or an advert do if someone is already going to Chelsea, of course you are not going to get those people turn up but to not even try and get extra people in and grow the fanbase is so poor and such a defeatist attitude.
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 17:15 - Feb 9 with 4694 viewsAd99

Quite a big deal made about him being poorly makes me think 'why not delay it a few days?!'

Good questioning guys and also liked the post-interview reaction as well. I'm glad the (frankly miserable) matchday experience at LR was brought up. LH might be right about the match and the sport being the main draw, comparatively, when fans comes to the stadium but the place is looking more and more ragged (at least give it a clean and sort out the shitty PA speakers in The Loft FFS).

The point about success on the pitch is valid but well, we're QPR: so success is always fleeting and going to Rangers is more than just the game. More should be done to snare 'walk-ups' and people that visit the capital 8-9 months of the year that fancy catching a game but cannot go to other stadiums.

It would have been good to ask about his marketing budget and refer to some of Jim Frayling's comments. What grounds (or desire) is there to speculate to accumulate?
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 17:18 - Feb 9 with 4671 viewsdaveB

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 16:56 - Feb 9 by PinnerPaul

Same as everyone on here Dave!

We're not the CEO of the football club.
He was gushing about him in October, same as he was about Warburton last year and then it's oh well we weren't really that good under Beale anyway etc. I found that a bit odd

I just didn't think he came across well at all and fair play to the fans on the pod who gave him clear examples of problems that are very avoidable.
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview (n/t) on 17:21 - Feb 9 with 4658 viewsPinnerPaul

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 17:18 - Feb 9 by daveB

We're not the CEO of the football club.
He was gushing about him in October, same as he was about Warburton last year and then it's oh well we weren't really that good under Beale anyway etc. I found that a bit odd

I just didn't think he came across well at all and fair play to the fans on the pod who gave him clear examples of problems that are very avoidable.

Everyone from Amit downwards was gushing about him!

As you've said before, what do people expect them to say about any new player or manager when they arrive?

From what you say he may have been a bit more circumspect now, as Les was in fact but hey ho!

As you say good that they have come on, but I think people are being a little unreasonable to expect anyone, especially at the moment, to speak for an hour, in both cases whilst not 100% at their best, and them not to agree with something they say.

As Clive as always said, guess what folks WHOEVER was DOF, CEO, Main Owner, Manager you will feel the same.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 17:26]
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview (n/t) on 17:43 - Feb 9 with 4554 viewsdaveB

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview (n/t) on 17:21 - Feb 9 by PinnerPaul

Everyone from Amit downwards was gushing about him!

As you've said before, what do people expect them to say about any new player or manager when they arrive?

From what you say he may have been a bit more circumspect now, as Les was in fact but hey ho!

As you say good that they have come on, but I think people are being a little unreasonable to expect anyone, especially at the moment, to speak for an hour, in both cases whilst not 100% at their best, and them not to agree with something they say.

As Clive as always said, guess what folks WHOEVER was DOF, CEO, Main Owner, Manager you will feel the same.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 17:26]

I don't expect him to say the complete opposite, you can't say well i could see something was wrong at Luton when we all heard from him at the time saying very different things. Ferdinand was a lot more measured in clearly being angry about Beale going but able to say he was doing quite well.

I think he's did a good job of helping get the budget under control to a point but we're still losing a lot of money and he appears to have no interest at all in doing anything to get more people through the door.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024