Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred 06:33 - Feb 23 with 37496 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Never done one before, preferring to hide and shirk the responsibility like a QPR player under NC.

So, as it's a time for stout hearts, to girde the loins, and for all to stand up and be counted, it would seem now is as good a time as any to put on your big trousers, man-the-fcuk-up and put a Fred up.

Good luck Wild Thang! May you get off to a rocking good start.

2-1 to the Rangers.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 17:18 - Feb 25 with 2681 viewspaulparker

Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 17:14 - Feb 25 by stainrods_elbow

If Chair's now out for any length of time, I fear that may be the straw that breaks this camel's back. The footballing gods seem determned to relegate us, come what may.

Can anyone of any age remember a worse QPR team than this one? There's just . . . nothing to cling onto. It's actually a kind of surreal achievement to be this bad!

The idea that Lowe has been a Prem striker for anyone is just brain-frying.

The supposed leadership of Johansen is about as leaderly as Boris Johnson!

Witless/AWOL defence x 2 for about the 77th time this season!

We actually get ourselves level, then pull a paltry point into the miasma of pointlessness.

I imagine the happy clappers are now dancing to the tune of one hand clapping.

'There's no love lost
Not a single hour
And we don't fake miracles
We can't part waves

So go and suck on the sea
And just watch me breathe
It's perverted and spiritual
I like to watch things bleed'

Bon soir all!

The team of 2000/01 was bad , this lot a are running it very close

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 17:21 - Feb 25 with 2648 viewsHarbour

Our defending for all 3 goals was terrible. Yes when chair went off we dipped but conceding in the 41st min awful ...I fear for the rest of the season. Blackburn were not that good
Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 17:21 - Feb 25 with 2643 viewsStreathamRanger

Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 17:18 - Feb 25 by paulparker

The team of 2000/01 was bad , this lot a are running it very close

They really are. Not a single player worth any money to anyone on the pitch at the end there. How have we got so bad? Not a single leader on that pitch and for all the injured players we have, the only one with any leadership qualities is Chair. If he's out for a few weeks, we're surely doomed.
Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 17:23 - Feb 25 with 2601 viewsStreathamRanger

Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 17:21 - Feb 25 by Harbour

Our defending for all 3 goals was terrible. Yes when chair went off we dipped but conceding in the 41st min awful ...I fear for the rest of the season. Blackburn were not that good

He can't persist with a back four with Dickie and Dunne, they're weak as piss. Has to try a back 3. What is there to lose?
Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 17:26 - Feb 25 with 2551 viewsted_hendrix

We haven't won at home since the middle of October ffs.

We have 12 games to save ourselves, come back and beat me to death If I'm proved wrong but out of those 12 remaining games I couldn't/cant pick the necassary games where we would get the required 12 points to stay up.

It's not what other clubs do that will keep us up It's what we do that matters and whether you like It or not we have a poor squad of players, bloody poor In fact.

GA has the Mother of all jobs to do but he needs the tools to do that and we don't have the proper tools (not In my book anyway)

We reek of relegation.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 17:26 - Feb 25 with 2550 viewsSouthend_Rss

Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 17:23 - Feb 25 by StreathamRanger

He can't persist with a back four with Dickie and Dunne, they're weak as piss. Has to try a back 3. What is there to lose?

Might aswell. 3 games on the spin, 3 goals conceded.
Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 17:28 - Feb 25 with 2501 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Much to work on then!

I remain more concerned about next season. Either way, QPR has a lot of work to do, and I guess the first question for those at the helm: have we the right personnel?

As someone saidcabove: that's our squad after eight years. Not good enough, GA has his work cut out and boy, dies he have a lot to cut out.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 17:29 - Feb 25 with 2489 viewsManinBlack

None of the bottom 9 won today, Rotherham didn't play, 8 of them lost. We probably did enough early in the season as the bottom 3 look as incompetent as us to catch us. It will be close.

As per usual Blackburn have no problem winning here when we cannot win at their place, just like with Norwich and Forest. We always make Blackburn look good no matter where we are in the table.

If we do drop take heart from Sheffield Wednesday who are now 20 unbeaten in league 1. Sometimes dropping a division is the way to address a slide and start over again.
Login to get fewer ads

Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 17:35 - Feb 25 with 2365 viewsStreathamRanger

Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 17:26 - Feb 25 by Southend_Rss

Might aswell. 3 games on the spin, 3 goals conceded.

Exactly. If Balogun and JCS aren't coming Stick Kakay in with them. How have we not got one single youth teamer capable of coming in at CB or FB for a few games when we're up against it? I've never really been on board with the evil Les brigade but honestly it's starting to look like the whole system just isn't working and is unlikely to ever work really.
Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 17:38 - Feb 25 with 2335 viewsdmm

I left on 80 minutes today. I rarely do that but I'd just had enough. As has been said, Ainsworth has his work cut out with this lot. Devoid of confidence and ideas, we are pretty abject. No doubt a win of any sort will help, but it's difficult to see where one's coming from. Depressing.
Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 17:45 - Feb 25 with 2235 viewsaston_hoop

Just realised if Rotherham beat Swansea on Monday night, they'll be above us by the time we go there on Saturday

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 17:55 - Feb 25 with 2130 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 16:55 - Feb 25 by QPRSteve

Blackburn remind me of their neighbours Preston - cheating bàstards

I did not see much cheating they just outplayed us all over the pitch and scored killer goals at the right time.
How many times do we give uo a goal when the ref is about to blow for halftime .Its becoming a real issue and we have to see the games out both halves.
Blackburn have a lot of good players it looks like and they are quick on the break.
They picked up 6 points in a couple of days .
When will we do that ?
Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 18:06 - Feb 25 with 2025 viewsDamo1962

Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 17:02 - Feb 25 by kropotkin41

I honestly think we might all end up happier if QPR had to start from scratch, or at least from League One. If you agree with Clive's analysis then there's no other way out of this misery other than into ashes and then back.

Having said that, Gareth's got a week to work a miracle...might happen.

Whilst relegation would definitely hurt emotionally and financially, we simply aren't capable of competing with the better sides in the Championship...for the foreseeable future. It's hard to rebuild anything, and gain momentum,if you are constantly losing( especially at home) - so I don't believe being in L1 next season...could be as depressing as it is likely to be if we manage to stay up. It's a tough conundrum alright. I think the club may already be resigned to it's fate.
Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 18:09 - Feb 25 with 1990 viewsDamo1962

Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 17:14 - Feb 25 by stainrods_elbow

If Chair's now out for any length of time, I fear that may be the straw that breaks this camel's back. The footballing gods seem determned to relegate us, come what may.

Can anyone of any age remember a worse QPR team than this one? There's just . . . nothing to cling onto. It's actually a kind of surreal achievement to be this bad!

The idea that Lowe has been a Prem striker for anyone is just brain-frying.

The supposed leadership of Johansen is about as leaderly as Boris Johnson!

Witless/AWOL defence x 2 for about the 77th time this season!

We actually get ourselves level, then pull a paltry point into the miasma of pointlessness.

I imagine the happy clappers are now dancing to the tune of one hand clapping.

'There's no love lost
Not a single hour
And we don't fake miracles
We can't part waves

So go and suck on the sea
And just watch me breathe
It's perverted and spiritual
I like to watch things bleed'

Bon soir all!

Worst side I've seen in 47 years. Only others failing will save us.
Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 18:09 - Feb 25 with 2009 viewsStreathamRanger

Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 18:06 - Feb 25 by Damo1962

Whilst relegation would definitely hurt emotionally and financially, we simply aren't capable of competing with the better sides in the Championship...for the foreseeable future. It's hard to rebuild anything, and gain momentum,if you are constantly losing( especially at home) - so I don't believe being in L1 next season...could be as depressing as it is likely to be if we manage to stay up. It's a tough conundrum alright. I think the club may already be resigned to it's fate.

The most enjoyable seasons I've ever had following QPR were when we were in league 1. Might be because of my age at the time, but I bloody loved that side. We need to find the next Rowlands, Bircham and Furlong. They gave us something to be proud of. I'm sure relegation now would be worse due to finances and the fact there are already some bigger clubs than us down there but it can't be worse than losing every bloody week.
Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 18:15 - Feb 25 with 1929 viewsted_hendrix

It would be fatal for us to be relegated, never mind anything else I just couldn't deal with that.

League One Is unforgiving, we could be there for Years (or even worse).

To my way of thinking It's vital/critical that we stay up this season It really Is that's why I find today's result so frustrating If not unsurprising.

What an unholy mess we've got ourselves into.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 18:15 - Feb 25 with 1909 viewsDamo1962

Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 18:09 - Feb 25 by StreathamRanger

The most enjoyable seasons I've ever had following QPR were when we were in league 1. Might be because of my age at the time, but I bloody loved that side. We need to find the next Rowlands, Bircham and Furlong. They gave us something to be proud of. I'm sure relegation now would be worse due to finances and the fact there are already some bigger clubs than us down there but it can't be worse than losing every bloody week.

Some of my best times too. Always had a season ticket in those days as well.
Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 18:20 - Feb 25 with 1878 viewssoops

As has been said, Gaz has got his work cut out. A real lack of quality and belief we already knew, but really disappointing for me today was the lack of energy and press. At 3-1 there was only one team that was pressing the defenders/keeper with the ball and it wasn’t us.
Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 18:23 - Feb 25 with 1817 viewsDamo1962

Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 18:20 - Feb 25 by soops

As has been said, Gaz has got his work cut out. A real lack of quality and belief we already knew, but really disappointing for me today was the lack of energy and press. At 3-1 there was only one team that was pressing the defenders/keeper with the ball and it wasn’t us.

We don't have the "right sort" unfortunately. Stealing a living.
Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 18:25 - Feb 25 with 1808 viewstraininvain

Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 18:15 - Feb 25 by ted_hendrix

It would be fatal for us to be relegated, never mind anything else I just couldn't deal with that.

League One Is unforgiving, we could be there for Years (or even worse).

To my way of thinking It's vital/critical that we stay up this season It really Is that's why I find today's result so frustrating If not unsurprising.

What an unholy mess we've got ourselves into.

I don’t think it’s hyperbole to say that relegation to league one would be disastrous. People expecting a quick promotion back to the championship would be in for a rude awakening.

We need to avoid relegation at all costs, make it to the end of this season as a Championship club and start to rebuild properly over the summer.
Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 18:35 - Feb 25 with 1713 viewsBushRanger82

Those players are shite, total and utter, shite.

They couldn't beat shiting Fleetwood, why do I expect them to beat a Championship side?
Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 18:39 - Feb 25 with 1692 viewsaston_hoop

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 18:53 - Feb 25 with 1606 viewsLanhoop

For all the jokes about some of the awful players we've had in the past we can now add Rob Dickie to the list. That's was as bad a performance by a QPR player as I've seen in the last 50 years. Dozzell and Lowe, you didn't need to try to be as bad as him, was it to make him feel better?
Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 19:04 - Feb 25 with 1532 viewsStreathamRanger

Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 18:53 - Feb 25 by Lanhoop

For all the jokes about some of the awful players we've had in the past we can now add Rob Dickie to the list. That's was as bad a performance by a QPR player as I've seen in the last 50 years. Dozzell and Lowe, you didn't need to try to be as bad as him, was it to make him feel better?

You have to worry for Rob. Looks like he hates being out there at the moment. The complete lack of any team spirit from where we were a year or so ago with Barbet playing with his head split open. They were together then. This lot look like they hate each other. Training must be bloody miserable. Let's see if Gaz can fix that.
Getting a W in W12: QPR v Rovers Fred on 19:06 - Feb 25 with 1501 viewskropotkin41

The thing about relegation is that everything points to it, from results, to Clive's doom laden reports and previews. I don't assume we'd get rapid promotion back, what I presume is that we might find our level and an £8m wage bill, perhaps some pride, and eventually earn our place alongside competitive L1 sides like Wycombe.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2023 19:13]

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024